[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719334611005879.jpg (77 KB, 750x1000)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
I'm an employed engineer now and it's partly thanks to /sci/.
>>
>>16258257
Thank you for giving the rich, beautiful and powerful the means for total control on a global scale. Without your knowledge and skill we would still live in a dark age of borrowing a huge house on a huge piece of fertile land to once in while pay taxes in the form of a few bags of grain to the benevolent aristocrat. Imagine the horror and how lucky we are now thanks to your epic engineering.
>>
>>16258298
You wouldn't be able to make that post without us.
>>
>>16258257
This gives me hope! :D I love a success story!
>>
What kind of neer
>>
>>16259776
Degrees are in mechanical, but I am inter-disciplinary field with a lot of electrical stuff and chemistry.
>>
>>16258257
congrats, buddy.
>>
>>16258257
I'm glad you changed careers out of spite, and you probably would've never done so if it werent for me, just don't get anyone killed. Also, you try not accidentally sitting on a shitty bus seat while commuting in the bay area.
>>
>>16260117
Also, tell your Vietnamese coworker that when solving for an unknown angle of a triangle using the Law of Cosines that it isn't necessary to refer to the entire cosine wave, and it is really stupid that you guys judge what I'm doing without even looking into my cubicle and seeing my work. He probably wanted to go into CS or EE but got pushed into the applied math where all the other rejects go.

When I look into your cubicles I just see fucking flash games and YouTube, and you have the nerve to say that I'm doing a bad job.

Also, your boss unrionically works for a pyramid scheme:

https://youtu.be/1wAZjwPcgZ4?feature=shared

And you have to think very hard about why you are angry with me in the first place, self-reflect, and further think about your own intelligence and question whether you've been shielded from scrutiny your whole life-given who you are, where you live, and the politics of today.

You will think about me everyday, rent free. For me? I actually enjoy what I study. An inspired idiot? Maybe, but I've been critiqued on my abilities my whole academic career both from benefactors and those carrying malevolence. You can't say the same, and one day there'll be a harsh reality where you'll be judged rightly, and I just hope that other people's lives aren't hurt in the process.

God I fucking hope you're not a civil engineer or anything to this end.
>>
>>16260117
>>16260135
meds
>>
>>16260155

Cope.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.