[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: p4.jpg (21 KB, 474x454)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>in an undergraduate abstract algebra course
>second exam
>guy with zoomer haircut and who plays trap music from his phone starts writing all the theorems on his desk frantically before the exam
>old professor who is liberal sees it and doesn't do anything
>zoomer haircut also known to ask for homework answers from other classmates ten minutes before it is due
>I don't snitch because I'm not a faggot
>zoomer haircut follows me to office hours a few days later because he thinks I saw him and is scared of me saying something
>I go to office hours just to ask about the homework
>he follows me into the office and I let him ask his question first
>he asks a question on cyclic groups and literally asks how exponential rules work
>I just think to myself "he can't be serious"
>professor helps zoomer haircut because he is a liberal although there are literally middle school children who can explain this to him
>a few days later a classmate from last semester asks if I want to hang out while he student teaches
>I say sure
>zoomer haircut happens to be there-along with like 10 other people
>We just start talking about random topics toward the end of the session that are interesting and series comes up
>I mention one series which in particular since it has a cool closed form expression (from Euler but can't remember it atm)
>I ask zoomer haircut if he likes series at all
>he glares at me and says with anger "NO I HATE IT"

Seriously, do these people only go into STEM because they can't write essays and only learn how to regurgitate HS problem sets, but when faced with a non-cookie cutter problem the fun suddenly stops and they just want the piece of paper and to get a mediocre job?
>>
>>16259289
I mentioned one series in particular*

Also feel free to post similar stories
>>
when will this board just be renamed - /aca/ - Academic whining and university gossip
>>
>>16259296

oh fuck off, there are people on here talking about Elon Musk and Jordan Peterson tweets.
>>
>>16259296
Uhm, go back to one of your 50 climate change denial threads?
>>
Are you a woman? Who cares what he does. Should have gone to a better school if you didn't want to deal with retards

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.