[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What do you guys think? Is the center of a black hole a singularity?
Because (in my understanding) a singularity is the smalles possible volume containing all mass in our universe (like before the big bang).
Maybe you can correct or prove my point.
>>
this is the trillionth popsci thread about this exact same blackhole. we don't know. it's all madeup at this point. why don't you go back to youtube to watch sabine or pbs spacetime something.
>>
File: 1690436047793430.png (32 KB, 694x968)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>16261256
Classic
>>
>>16261256
It's a removable singularity:
x/x = 1, for all x € R
>>
what is it about black holes that makes them the number one most popular popsci topic of discussion amongst the brainlet soience fangoys?
is it the comic bookish aspects of the spectacular, unrealistic and completely non disprovable conjectures which go along with the topic that make black holes so popular amongst the scientist posers and wannabes?
>>
Singularity is volume 0 retard, therefore infinite density. Everything seemingly vanishes there. It's speculated that these might be beginning of something, may open up portal and other nonsense.
However it seems space inside event horizon has similarity to our universe. eg see external and internal Schwarzschild solution
>>16261266
Your bingo will never be a meme how does that make you feel?
>>
>>16261274
Not true, you can't divide by zero. This is only true for the limit of that function.
>>
>>16263021
oh really?
>>
>>16261256
Nobody knows what the inside of a black hole is like. The current best thinking is that nobody outside a black hole can ever know what the inside of a black hole is like. This is part of a concept called complementarity.
>>
>>16261256
imo I think the center of a black hole is outside our space-time. It doesn't make sense to have a fucking star contained in a dot.
>>
>>16261256
The astronomer dares to divide by zero and multiply by infinity.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.