[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 348_1000.jpg (96 KB, 1000x750)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
You are alive now, but you are a human, and you have consciousness.
Is it possible that someone wasn't born as a human, but rather as another animal like a cat?
Putting in another perspective, do you think cats realize they are cats?

A similar question, could you be born on another planet?
I mean, you exist now and you are alive on this planet.
What prevents consciousness to be born on another habitable planet?
>>
>>16262369
Seeing as cats exist yes obviously some beings are born as cats not humans, retard
>>
>>16262372
What would you do if you realized you were a cat, but you had intelligence similar to a human's?
How would you call someone else's attention that you are a highly intelligent cat?
>>
>>16262369
I miss when women looked like this
>>
>>16262374
Lay sticks in a way to spell words
Cats are as intelligent as humans anyway they just arent as linguistic
>>
>>16262369
>>>/x/
>>
>>16262369
Consciousness is a misguided definition humans are inclined to apply to an abstract concept. This strange experience simply evolved as a way for our animal bodies to manage such advanced neural power, and it itself does not exist. Souls do not exist, and the moment your brain stops functioning this abstract concept ceases to be. Like how music stops when you unplug a speaker.
>>
>>16262420
Late 90s/early 2000s was the peak of women's aesthetics. Seems like it was the most fun and exciting time to be alive as well.
I wish I could have experienced it as a teenager/young adult instead of a little kid who couldn't do anything.
>>
>>16262426
We are still in the first 3% of the 2000s. That is certainly early 2000s.
>>
>>16262447
I obviously was referring to a period around 1995-2005.
>>
>>16262449
fair
>>
>>16262426
It really fucking was. Bring back obscenely high cork wedge heels and low rise jeans NOW. And yeah I think the early 2000s was the watermark for subjective well being in the west. It's all downhill from here.
>>
>>16262422
Yup. Summerfagging has never been sot warm on /sci/.
>>
I am afraid of death bros. I don't want this to stop. Not for a long while. I could do so much. If only I wasn't in an aging, crippled body as well. Still, living this "life" and then just ceasing to exist seems like such a huge waste.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.