[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: imageLikeEmbed.png (54 KB, 1452x852)
54 KB
54 KB PNG
Let's say tomorrow scientists can prove without a doubt that different popualtions of humans can be smarter or more dumb based on genetics. How would that change anything? Wouldn't we still behave tomorrow the same way we would've before? It would confirm certain people's suspicions but other than that society would keep moving forward in the same direction it is today? It might be a little harder to ask for more money for public education I must admit. But other than that I fail to see what difference it would really make.
>>
To entertain your hypothetical, even if it were scientifically proven, I wouldn't buy it and just keep doing what I do.

Intelligence theory is incredibly shaky given it's history, so I wouldn't put much stock in it until major discoveries were made about how the brain's neurons work in medium sized groups. Otherwise the whole brain is a gray box right now.
>>
>>16262486
We already know these differences are real, but people ignore it and choose to treat others the same, as best they can, regardless of race. Society has decided that it’s morally better to have a society that gives everyone a chance and to treat people equally. Those moral positions are so entrenched that a hypothetically definitive study isn’t going to change anything. You would need drastic cultural changes instead. People conveniently ignore other truths and insert myths all the time for the sake of societal cohesion. It would just be another example of that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.