[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anon-kun, I have a mini fridge with no freezer compartment, it is fridge only. Say I were to fill the fridge 1/3 of the way up with a PCM with a melting point of say, 38 degrees Fahrenheit (3.33C) and then set the fridge temp to 35 degrees Fahrenheit (1.66C) would the overall temp of the fridge drop below the initial 35F as the PCM absorbs heat from it's surroundings as it reaches it's melting point of 38F? I would imagine the constant melting/freezing of the PCM would have the compressor running far more regularly but the overall temp of the fridge would be lower would it not?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.