[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719834150560.jpg (72 KB, 1920x640)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
Helios
Mercury
Venus
Terra
Lunar
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune

Don't say
>The Sun
>Earth
>The Moon

Say
>Helios
>Terra
>Lunar
>>
Forgot Der Pluto
>>
You forgot ceres
>>
>>16262737
This is the most autistic thread we'll see all day.
>>
I shan't be doing that
>>
>>16262737
>The Sun
>Earth
>The Moon
SOUL
>Helios
>Terra
>Lunar
Soulless.
>>
>>16262737
simply assign them a number. Mercury can be Planet #1 with each successive planet getting the next number in the sequence.

using this system, questions such as 'what is the name of the 5th planet from the sun' will become entirely redundant.
>>
File: consider.jpg (366 KB, 2048x1164)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
sol, mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, big blue, neptune
>>
>>16263053
No. Deity names are soulful.
>>
>>16262737
>>16262887

why is Earth, Earth anyway?
here are alternatives which should have just as good? and if not, explain to my why its not just as good

1. Dirt
2. Ground
3. Land
>>
>Terra
>not Gaia
>>
>>16263194
Earth is Dirt, Ground and Land. It's 50% a symbol of fertility.
>>
>>16262737
ITT: OP thinks the Moon is a planet.
>>
>>16262737
>Helios
It's Sol in Latin retard
>>
>>16262737
Nibiru
incedeles
Gaia
Ganymede
Earth
Rigel
>>
>>16263356
Did you forget about the sun?
>>
>>16262737
You miss out the worst offender, you dumb fuck. Uranus should not be called that -- it's a Greek deity name, when everything else is Roman.
>>
>>16263726
you just pulled that fact out of ur anus
>>
>>16263726
uranus is oldest planet here and it demands respect.
>>
Humans got to space because of German technology used by (mostly) Germanic peoples, we should drop the medshit names for celestial bodies and only use names with Germanic roots for all them. I will only call them the Sun, Earth and Moon because those are Germanic names. Why have the final frontier named after backwards shitskins who claimed to have built civilization but have contributed very little compared to the innovation that Anglos and Germans have brought to us?
>>
>>16263857
>Slavs
>Germanic
Okay, retard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.