[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do we know death itself is 'lack of' or 'without' life?

Firstly, death and life co-exist, so by this logic, death is with life. Secondly corpses are left behind by those who have died, so death is not lacking life-form.

My theory is that death and life are like male and female, or some form of paired opposites(perhaps purely 'life and death'). That death itself is an contrary existence that has a set of different rules when compared to life. Evidence: when we die, we travel from one state to another which may be nothing. As death is with life and not lacking life, it suggests that we'll enter a contrary existence.

My second theory is that death is a childhood and life is an adult form of death. Upon accepting experience of a state in death gifted out of the effort of certain mirrored-forces, you desire more than is acceptable for them to continue to produce for you, and you are expected to become self supporting in life. In this theory we begin at death, and want more than what is offered at the whim of others, and in this moment we accept life, which is where we serve ourselves. Evidence: in life there is no God preventing us from suffering but there is the chance of a good day if we support its production.

Discuss.
>>
There's no way to know without dying.
You can come up with all sorts of fantastical ideas, but as far as we can tell your consciousness is a function of your body and when your body dies you die.
But hey, feel free to make some conjecture.
>>
>>16262937
>Firstly, death and life co-exist, so by this logic, death is with life.
Look man, I stopped reading right there. Please take this schizo stuff off /sci/ and send it to /x/ where it belongs, thank you very much.
>>
>>16262937
There's no such thing as life or death in science, these are philosophical inventions. A living human is just a cloud of particles scarcely different from a corpse.
>>
>>16262944
Some of us non-NPCs like - philosophy - retard.
>>
>>16262947
Post on /his/ then
>>
Frog thread bumped

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.