[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey longevity trannies, antiaging research is fake and gay. You will die alone and pathetically just like all of us. Stop spamming this board with your useless scam science to shill for your web traffic. Buy an ad.

Also:
>The junior author of the retracted paper get the blame for the doctored images that they didnt make
Kek. Worms in the institutions almost guarantee that any future results come out most likely is not significant and not replicated because they're performed by fraudsters. You will not reach the escape velocity. Bahahahaha, fags.
>>
Link here, longevity faggots. Lest you call me a liar.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/a-retracted-stem-cell-study-reveals-sciences-shortcomings/
>>
>>16266107
I dont understand the problem, it just says that the bone marrow stem cells are not the way forward to me, we should get back to cloning embryos or china is already doing it
>>
>>16266115
>Problem
all of antiaging research is fake and gay. It has been shilled nonstop since the 2000s when I was a teenager and still nothing ever happen hahahahahaha.
>>
>>16266103
If you like death so much, why don't you just kill yourself now?
>>
>>16266282
>If you like death so much
Never said I like dying myself retard. But the constant shilling from the longevity tards based on faulty sciences has me irked for the last few months now. Faggot also called me the n word for pointing out their fantasy will not come true in this timeline.
>>
>>16266103
Imagine linking longevity to troons lmao how brain rotted are you? I assume you're a christcuck?
>>
>>16266471
I'm an agnostic faggot. Oh and I advocate for banning all religions. Just cant stand your bullshitery since the past couple of months. It's unbearable.
>>
File: dial8.png (403 KB, 640x640)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>16266471
>>
File: 1720087799850351.jpg (349 KB, 719x812)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>16266471
I'm not a Christ cuck. Longevity research is typical soi boi technocratic science worship from the cult who believes in "endless progress". It's literally just a materialistic form of religious cope that tells you human immortality is possible: you just have to believe and put your faith in the Science. Longevity research and transhumanism is a quasi-relgious believe system. Even the notion of the "technological singularity" is a sort of messianic/millenialist narrative that tells of a glorious future age to come.

Even if immortality fags did succeed, the technology would only be made available to billionaires and Jews. Regular old goyim like you and me would be shit out of luck.
>>
>>16267738
The immortality fantasy cope is popular amongst people who are incapable of reproduction
>>
>>16266103
This has nothing to do with longevity
>>
>>16268621
it does, one of the most shilled longevity topic is using STEM cell to cure diseases, clone and repair organs. embryonic stem cell research is practically banned.
>>
>>16268624
Firstly stem cells aren’t an acronym so don’t need to be capitalised and secondly stem cell research has faced many other obstacles anyway. Longevity research has gone to the rejuvenation through Yamanaka factors route which is completely different to this paper.
>>
>>16268640
no he meant STEMcels BTFO
>>
>>16266103
>>16268624
>STEM cell
god you people are dumb
>>
ah the anti-white troon dude. he's megavaxxed btw
>>
based anti-antiaging op
>>
>>16266103
>The post has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of the article.
Classic misinformation from /pol/tards who have the scientific culture of an oyster.
>>
>>16270226
>being this obsessed with /pol/
>>
>>16266471
>linking longevity to troons
>linking TRANShumanism to TRANSgenderism
>people who want to do weird stuff to themselves to defy nature
yeah I don't see the link either
>>
File: CEM2348723_1528322184.png (1.2 MB, 717x587)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>
>>16266117
>one study is problematic
>therefore all studies are problematic.

Explain to me the logical fallacy here.
>>
>>16272961
ywnbaw
>>
>>16266103
People are corrupt. So naturally science will be corrupt as well. No different than religion or anything else.
>>
>>16266476
>I'm an agnostic faggot. Oh and I advocate for banning all religions.
It doesn't sound like you're agnostic lol.
>>
>>16272960
ha!
>>
>>16273845
low iq people lack self awareness so they're prone to contradicting themselves
>>
>>16275208
>dumb things are dumb
>>
>>16266103
stem cells are just another line of pie in the sky soiyence lies which appeal to gullible idiots who've seen too much sci-fi and are too dumb to differentiate between movies and reality.
anyone remember fullerenes? same style of scam. someone won a nobel for that junk and its completely worthless
>>
>>16266476
The stemcel in his final form after decades of indoctrination in state-sponsored brainwashing centers.
>>
File: 1960Bottom.pdf (1.79 MB, PDF)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PDF
>>16276903
Worthless? I thought bucky balls were going to be used as molecular cages. You could think of it like nanoscale hands, a practical route to Feynman's vision of colonizing the bottom.
>>
>>16266103
this has nothing to do with longevity you nigger. You can still rejuvenate any cell of the body with yamanaka factors. It's done every day.
>>
Why are there so many creationist morons spewing their anti science shit all over this board?
You shit for brains have no understanding of science, or even high school level mathematics. You're literally morons. Your hatred of sciencepl purely comes from the fact that you hate evolution. It's so obvious
>>
>>16267738
You can be a pro-science/futurist without being a soi cringe redditor and wanting immortality only to consume media forever.

Also you may be confusing religious faith with optimism. Both accompany this particular topic but they are different. Try having some nuance.
>Even if immortality fags did succeed, the technology would only be made available to billionaires and Jews. Regular old goyim like you and me would be shit out of luck.
Probably.
>>16271416
Transgenders do wierd stuff to themselves and cause selfharm
Transhumanist would advocate doing wierd stuff to themselves to overcome the human condition.
>>
While OP is clearly a massive faggot, the article was an interesting read though. It's the sort of thing I'd expect a BobbyBroccoli video about.
>>
File: soys all do this.gif (68 KB, 504x716)
68 KB
68 KB GIF
>>
>>16279173
Why does it take 22 years to call an article BS ? 22 years without replication is ridiculous when we’re talking about something so hyped up.
>>
File: sciam.png (689 KB, 1366x2590)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>16266107
>scientificamerican.com
>>
>>16281073
The southern hemisphere doesn't want people to live longer because it makes their giant piles of scam children lose biological value. Nigs sqwack and kikes make problems to cover for them. Op is sour grapes that he wants people to die alone though.
>>
>>16266117
>It has been shilled nonstop since the 2000s
its been shilled way longer than that. ponce de leon was given a fortune to go searching for the fountain of youth 500 years ago
>>
>>16282011
>like many other fields of biology/medicine, antiaging research is full of fake and fradulent results
its not just biology/medicine, every field of science is plagued by non-christians committing large scale fraud
>>
>>16282014
Careful with the edge anon your mom’s gonna freak when she hears about this
>>
>>16283963
>t. butthurt tranny
>>
What even matters at this point?
>>
bump
>>
fags
>>
>>16286313
Nothing physical.
>>
File: transhumanist.jpg (85 KB, 720x885)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>
>>16286313
virtue signaling and getting rich all bureaucrats and merchants, exactly like the first day of the republic.
>>
File: mindcuck'd.png (687 KB, 1080x939)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
>>16288131
>>
>>16266103
>highest ever cited retracted work
makes you wonder what the previous record holder was
>>
>>16289268
lol
good pic
>>
>>16266103
Why don't all of the papers that cited the retracted paper also get retracted? The initial retraction demonstrates that those paper citing it are based on false premises
>>
>>16292994
That's right.
>>
>>16292994
Because the retracted paper is unlikely the single one foundational premise that other papers depend on. For example it could simply be used as a point of discussion (e.g. we found this result in liver stem cells but they found this other result in marrow stem cells).

A research paper cites around 50--150 other papers.
>>
>>16294233
so what? if a paper is based on a false premise then the contents of that paper are false.
>>
>>16295461
>I don't care if muh soiyence is fake and wrong
>muh papers muffuguh
>muh publications
>muh CV an sheeeeiiiiiiiiitttt
this is what """scientists"""" actually believe
>>
>>16296761
>this is what """scientists"""" actually believe
atheists don't have consistent beliefs systems, atheists are faithless, they make up and change their stories to fit their egotistical selfish desires as they go along

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.