[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2ca.png (121 KB, 910x526)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
women have 20% fewer neurons than men, that means they have 20% lower IQ than men
>>
>>16275361
While I grant your general point, it may not be a linear relationship.
>>
>>16275366
why?

it’s obviously linear due to limited 3d space which limits the connections between neurons at the same proportion for a brain of any size.
>>
>>16275373
>why?
Well, are we assuming that 0 neurons means and IQ of exactly zero?
It seems to me that a creature could have quite a few neurons, but still have an IQ of about zero.
So maybe you instead say it's linear, but the y-axis crossing is not at zero. That means we would need negative numbers of neurons to get to zero IQ, but that's impossible.
Basically I'm saying that women might be only 5% lower than men, on average, despite having 20% fewer neurons.
(Alternatively, having 20% fewer might mean their IQ's are only half ours.)
What I was granting is that I agree that having fewer neurons probably does mean they are less intelligent. Unfortunately, academia refuses to test IQs after adolescence—probably because when they do, they keep finding that men ultimately grow up to be smarter than women.
>>
>>16275361
That's great and all, but in the real world men tend to only score 18 points higher on the SAT verses women, which is a 2.3% difference.

The neuronal cell-count issue probably has to do with women having fewer total cells verses men, and men have more muscle than women (which requires direct neuronal integration into the brain), and women have more adipose cells which aren't integrated into the brain.
>>
>>16275373
>>16275361
There are animals with larger brains and more neurons than humans. None of them are smarter because the composition and organisation of said brain matter plus body-to-brain ratio is just as important as total neuron count.
>>
>>16275800
They are smarter than YOU though
>>
>>16275804
That’s besides the point!!!
>>
>>16275513
The difference in real-world achievement is massive though.
>>
>>16276082
Thanks to the patriarchy.
>>
why don't you just look up the average IQ of a man and compare it to the average IQ of a woman? you can verify this empirically and skip any guesswork
>>
>>16275513
>In the real world men tend to only score 18 points higher on the SAT
>Of course we don't test them after adulthood because it would show that men's IQs grow to be significantly higher.
>>
>>16275513
Well, judge intelligence by tests is stupid. Also men outperform women in their 20s but sat is done in whe they are 18yo(the Time when women are developed but boys aren't)
>>
>>16275361
This makes roasties seethe
>>
>>16276220
No, women are just stupid
>>
>>16276220
if women are smart, how did "the patriarchy" ever come about to begin with?
>>
>>16280594
It benefited roasties, because they were not required to work
>>
>>16275361
Small brain girls
>>
File: skulls.jpg (108 KB, 741x1082)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>>16281513
>>
>>16282923
Asian skull isn't asian but African
>>
File: women are stupid.jpg (165 KB, 800x820)
165 KB
165 KB JPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.