[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Marie_Curie_c._1920s.jpg (1.2 MB, 1549x2105)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>be a woman
>Marry up to competent borderline genius scientist(Pierre Curie)
>Be his assistant in lab
>He received nobel prize but was a complete cuck and forced Committee to give her nobel prize too
>Work more as assistant of husband
>Husband dies in car incident, but most of essential work is done
>Complete the rest
>Get nobel
Wymen in science moment. And feminists call her icon of female superiority in science
>>
>>16277543
>Marie Curie is a DEI Nobel laureate
Never change /sci/
>>
didn't realize the dei tendrils spanned so far back. academia has been dead for a while
>>
>>16277546
There were active mass suffrage movements in all nordic countries at that time
>>
Is it really the case that people go on about her specifically because she isn't as weird and obviously autistic or unwomanlike as the other women who actually demonstrated serious ability to innovate intellectually? Like, I've never heard of a feminist bring up Emmy Noether.
>>
>>16277562
They don't want to admit that being very smart is a masculine trait. Same reason they would worship and lie about Lamar(who didn't invent wife) and ada lovelance(her first program couldn't have worked on baggage machine and had many errors) instead of grace hopper(who was more of a administrative boss of engineers than a real brain behind firstcompiler. But at least she contributed more to actual shit)
>>
>>16277594
>invent wife
*Wifi
>>
>>16277594
Why are blacks and women treated the same?
>>
>>16277609
wdym?
>>
>>16277543
If she were that smart, she would have hypothesized that highly energetic physical processes have deleterious effects on biological systems, and used radiation shielding.
>>
>>16277546
>>16277543
Similar story with Ada Lovelace, she was Charles Babbage's oneitis and he pestered her sharing his ideas on computing
>>
>>16277646
True and real.
/thread
>>
>>16277543
It was a horse drawn carriage you rodent
>>
>>16277617
they constantly lie about their actual ability and grossly inflate what achievements have been made then they blame their low performance on normal men
>>
Nobody is surprised that women can achieve great things. I'm not anyway. Also, everyone knows who marie curie is they taught us this in middle school in the 90s.
What bothers me is that I went to a uni that was 2/3rds women, yet none of my classes after sophomore year had more than one woman, most none. If they want the engineering / science jobs maybe they shouldn't go into theater or nutritional studies. I totally know they can do it but for whatever reason they don't go into eng / sci.
>>
>>16277824
>Nobody is surprised that women can achieve great things.
Except that they don't. It speaks volumes that the best case of a "great" woman physicist was the wife of an actual physicist who won a Nobel Prize 113 years ago. The useful work she did was mostly as an assistant, and she died prematurely as a result of incompetently dicking around with radioactive materials despite the fact that it was known even early on that they were dangerous. Can you name one equation that Marie Curie came up with?
>If they want the engineering / science jobs maybe they shouldn't go into theater or nutritional studies. I totally know they can do it but for whatever reason they don't go into eng / sci.
None of them can do it, but women are ego-driven narcissists and they all want to imagine that they can be bossgirl scientists jUsT LiKe mEn... it's all so very tiresome.
>>
>>16277562
>Emmy Noether.
Jew
>>
>>16277875
>Can you name one equation that Marie Curie came up with?
Expecting of a chemist to produce significant equations in physics
>>
>>16277972
>Nigger reasoning. You're dumb as fuck.
Not at all. Compare Curie, for example, to Henry Moseley, who scientific career spanned a mere TWO years around the same period in which he worked out the mathematical relationship between the wavelengths of x-rays and atomic numbers, founding the entire field of x-ray crystallography, which allowed scientists to determine the atomic and molecular structure of materials without using chemistry; literally one of the greatest fundamental advances in science, worked out by a young man in his twenties in a period of less than two years. No Nobel Prize for Moseley though.
>>16278082
Then maybe they shouldn't be called physicists and shouldn't be awarded Nobel Prizes for their shitty work.
>>
>>16278082
>chemist
>Gets nobel in physics
>No equations
>>
>>16278140
>300k starting
>>
File: bfun.png (560 KB, 720x406)
560 KB
560 KB PNG
>>16277543
>be womyn
>color shader bars on GUI
>literally single-handedly discover blackhole
Why are woman just better?
>>
File: download (2).jpg (21 KB, 366x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>16278174
There was an entire team behind that jewess, mostly all men, she received that title because of nepotism.
Also
>Black holes and their locations were found before her
>Planetary telescope that was used was constructed and designed by men
>Most of the work was done by a team anyway
>>
File: hmbz.png (706 KB, 640x734)
706 KB
706 KB PNG
>>16278177
Why the gynophobia?
>>
When Pierre died she went and fucked and sucked Paul Langevin, who was married
>>
>>16277594
>her first program couldn't have worked on baggage machine and had many errors

I was basically told the opposite and that it was flawless and that this demonstrated her competence. It's obvious that, were she a man, nobody would now know or care about her at all, and it's only because she happened to be in a position to technically write the first program, and also be a woman, that people took advantage of that to push her as a "woman who did something first".

It's honestly patronizing and frankly offensive to the woman who have been capable of meaningful accomplishments and innovation to hold up these 'minor' woman as being actually the greatest there ever was. I mean, it would be perfectly respectable to look at someone like Barbara Liskov and use her as an example for women in computing and software, but nobody does and all the major popular "woman in x" are essentially toy examples.

I mean hell look as something like gaming. Did you know that most of the best levels in the original Tomb Raider were designed by a woman? You'd think that the game would be seen as some kind of feminist masterpiece, showing that "women can make the best games", especially given how female it actual fanbase leans, by no, for whatever reason the marketing gave the impression it was focused in tits and guns and so always has almost the opposite reputation.
>>
>>16278192
>ADTs were first proposed by Barbara Liskov and Stephen N. Zilles
>Stephen N. Zilles don't even has a Wikipedia page unlike Barbara
>>
>>16278200
You don't understand. Academia don't need another man, it needs more women
>>
>>16277742
>oneitis
Any evidences?
>>
>>16277543
>Get nobel
totally deserved it.
now go get your own, you bitter incel loser.
>>
>>16278363
That lobotomy guy also deserved it?
>>
>>16278363
Tell me u are a cuck without telling me it. Or a woman same things
>>
>>16277543
>Get nobel
You're so envious, you sad, bitter incel.
Seek therapy, don't waste another decade like that.
>>
>>16278363
>>16278725
Cucks are everywhere...
>>
>>16277543
Marie Curie = MERCURY
It's just symbolism for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.
>>
>>16278808
>>
>>16278934
Jung has a book called Man and his Symbols.
If you don't realize that the powers that be drive narrative and tip their hat via symbolism, then you are missing basically everything.
Watch an grand opening ceremony of anything and explain it via logic and science.

You are ruled by people that tell you what is really going on, or at least what's not, via symbolism.
Let me guess, you took the vaxx, and also MUH INFORMATION AVAILABLE AT THE TIME is your excuse?
>>
>>16279113
Wtf r u talking about
>>
>>16278934
There are less than 10% female working in my sub-discipline and like 5% if we get very granular. Does this mean we are geniuses?
>>
>>16279113
>If you don't realize that the powers that be drive narrative and tip their hat via symbolism,
Do you think these people are smart to notice anything or are just inductees of some sect and get spoonfed all the shiboleths?
For some time now i have conviced myself that secret societies and nepotism rings only get powerful if they capture the government. A nepotism ring taken to its extreme is just a gypsy camp.
Imagine if these jews actually acted like isolationist racists that only hire each other and buy and sell from each other like they pretend they are, instead of globetrotters that capture governments
>>
File: 1713658991381659.jpg (95 KB, 750x654)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>16277546
>Marie Curie is a DEI Nobel laureate
This, but unironically.
>>
>>16277543
Marie Curie didn't earn her science accomplishments. She was given it just because she was a woman. In fucking 1915.

You guys are stupid as dirt.
>>
>God you guise are stupid. They wouldn't have given her special advantages just for inclusion. Next you'll be saying the women's suffrage movement existed by 1915.
>>
>>16277609
>>
>>16279185
Blue collar workers became smarter than white collar. Interesting why?
>>
>>16279554
Yes.
Her accomplishments are shit. She was just in a lab. Her job of discovering elements was easy as fuck given the new tools she was given.
Oh oh hes rock sample #6825, does it make the geiger counter beep? Yes? Prepare it for chemical breakdown. Oh, what a feast of intellect. Thank you Pierre, the love of my life
>>
Alright you've done curie
now try franklin
>>
>>16277562
>actually demonstrated serious ability to innovate intellectually?
>>
>>16279113
jung was a german bourgeois, ie a sex addict who took his brain poops for the truth
>>
>>16277562
>I've never heard of a feminist bring up Emmy Noether.
Curie won a Nobel prize, Noether didn't. Also, Noether's work is too technical for feminists to understand.
>>
>>16280053
Any person with critical thinking could determine that fallacy without any threads
>>
>>16279865
I'm actually not blue collar. I just work in the pajeet/chang sausagefest to end them all. I was mostly making a joke about the data I was replying to. I would really doubt the causation runs that way.
>>
>>16280302
What discipline are you?
>>
>>16277557
have sex
>>
>>16279180
Exactly.
Normies will never and they will take the next vaxx too even if it's called "scam dangerous vaxx".
Thick skulls.
>>
>>16279250
I think people that think it's all Jews afe as stupid as they come.
Your premise betrays quite a bit along with your possible assumption that this was my premise.
>>
>>16278934
Women...
>>
>>16280359
An analog electronics subfield.
>>
>>16277594
No program works the first time and especially not the first program ever, particularly one that was reasonably complicated as Lovelace's was.
>>
>>16280729
fleshlight pcb maker?
>>
>>16280934
I wish. How do I break into the fleshlight design segment?
>>
>>16280729
What does it do?
>>
>>16277543
That's a cute love story, Pierre sounds like a based dude
>>
>>16281043
*idiot and cuck
>>
>>16277594
It's pretty sad that the Hopper number has fallen out of usage. I'm still proud mine is 2 since my best instructor studied directly from one of Hopper's personal proteges. Excuse me while I date myself here.
>>
>>16281297
>Excuse me while I date myself here.
What?
>>
>>16280373
Why are you focusing on that specific part of everything i wrote? Hit a nerve eh? Fucking kike
>>
>>16277543
Being a cuck is a trait only men have issues with
But they are quick to sweep their submissive sexual habits into the closet if it means to preserve a face
>>
>>16281601
>Being a cuck is a trait only men have issues with
so most normal people?
>>
She had a goood puusy I guess
>>
>>16280364
Rip off ur dick
>>
>>16277543
Curie bros we got too cocky
>>
You guys are fucking assholes.

She literally died from poking at radiated shit and even her diary is like a goddamn witch’s grimoire because it will kill you if you touch it or something.
>>
>>16282713
> muh I wanted it the whole 35 years but didn't like it when it happened.
>>
She was in the photo with Einstein and Schrödinger and the rest

Literally the only woman too

You’re all just mad pissy baby boys mad a woman did a thing lmfao
>>
>>16282720
What she did exactly? Explored another radioactive element number 5?
>>
>>16277543
OP is discord troon btw.
xhe posted same thing there.
>>
>>16282762
Link?
>>
>>16277562
Probably because she was a communist. We know how amerimutts, be it ass or elephant, prefer to minimize their contributions
>>
>>16277546
>>Marie Curie is a DEI Nobel laureate
Yes, that's true unironically
>>
File: curie.png (1.87 MB, 1280x720)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>16282720
>>
>>16277543
>Husband dies in car incident, but most of essential work is done
>Complete the rest
>Get nobel
Well deserved. I wish I had such an assistant. You wouldn't even get his (or my) stuff; and normal woman wouldn't even care.
>>
>>16277543
>>Hurr durr women=bad

If the competent borderline genius scientist thinks someone deserves credit it is for good reason.
>>
>>16283934
Genius in on field /= genius in all fields. Most scientists are normies or retards with higher iq
>>
>>16277646
At the time there wasn't a lot of good means of protection.
Fermi used to sprint back and forth across his lab carrying radioactive samples on his person from the radiation source (which couldn't be shut off easily) to a ramshackle radiation detector he made out of scrap aluminum.
There was a lot of complete disregard for safety at the time.
>>
>>16278095
>>16278140
Math is the least important part of physics.
>>
>>16284092
You tell the bullshit
>>
>>16283751
>Well deserved. I wish I had such an assistant
kek 100%

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.