[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: python+diabolical.jpg (203 KB, 1409x1059)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>Is there a doctor here?! This man isn't breathing!
>I'm a doct...uh, nevermind.
Ph.D.s are a joke.
>>
I agree, I'm a PhD myself
But doctors really means teacher, medical professionals have their own titles eg physicians, nurse etc.
You sound like you're coping because you can't get a PhD.
>>
>>16277834
I chose not to go the Ph.D. route and got an M.D. instead. I had to do plenty of microbial research before medical school, which is where I learned that academia is a joke.
>>
>>16277842
Brainlet cope.
>>
>>16277960
>I study everything except what matters
Typical PhD
>>
>>16277962
How does anything you "study" (i.e. rote memorize) matter? You're a glorified search engine, but less accurate.
>>
Yeah, I hate when people do this. I never use the title I am allowed to use. Nothing I do even has anything to do with living organisms and people clearly understand a doctor like that. Made me very peeved when the media was insisting on DOCTOR Jill Biden and all that.

If the emergency is related to the design of electronics or math, hit me up.
>>
File: F1.png (479 KB, 680x369)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>16277964
Understanding that there's ischemia in this EKG can save someone from an infarction. I guess your post stands if you're a misanthropist.
>>
>>16277995
>Being able to read le fancy graph makes me special and important
God I can't wait until a simple AI puts all you cunts out of jobs.
>>
>>16278005
And yet you'll crawl to your physician when you're ill. We win.
>>
>>16278052
Yet I don't. I haven't been to a doctor since I was 12.
>>
>>16278054
Cool lie.
>>
File: biden-conf7.jpg (479 KB, 2559x1439)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>16277810
>>
>>16278067
He's probably lying but it does happen. I did not go to the doctor from the time I was 18 to 25 personally. I was seeing my dentist regularly though for cleanings.
>>
>>16277995
People have been doing signal processing and ML for decades. There was also another study which identified cancerous cells from lung CT scans, which were impossible to visually identify. So that's a very bad example.
I don't intend to imply doctors are useless, but a lot of simpler cases will eventually go to AI and automation. Still surgery and other complex diseases need human intervention.
>>
>>16277810
>Ph.D.s are a joke.
They used to be called Doctors of Medicine, but eventually, laypeople just shortened it to Doctor, and it caught on.
>>
>>16278720
>laypeople
>muh academic atheist soientism religion where i worship phds as infallible ivory tower priests
>>
>>16277810
Dr. rer. nat. > PhD
>>
>>16277834
doctor in your case really means fraud, as in "doctored"
>>
>>16277834
>MD = medicinae doctor = medicine teacher
Your only argument just got destroyed.
>>
>>16277810
How often do you find someone dying at a restaurant? Meanwhile every time you go there's tons of retards who can't figure out the tip.
PhDs: 1, MDs: 0
>>
File: 5pyz.jpg (45 KB, 480x590)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>
MDs are useless, the leading cause of death in America is medical error. You're more likely to die at a doctor's hand than for any other reason. The key to longevity is avoiding doctors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.