[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GSeH_RSWcAAVPgf copy.jpg (20 KB, 377x468)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
What sort of damage would the top pic have done? Would it be an instant death?
>>
>>16282015
IMO:
really depend on whether the bullet get out of the skull or not. if yes, there're a higher chance of surviving. there are many cases where people lose small part of their brain and still fine. as long as the brainstem doesn't get damaged, it's optimistic.
if the bullet doesn't get out, well fuck. it then depends on how the bullet ricochet inside the skull and what area it hits. but I won't count on it.
>>
Instant death might have been possible. Being punched behind the ear hard enough can kill you. At the same time people have been shot square in the face and lived.

Ultimately it is not a scientific question because GOD himself guided that bullet away from certain harm.
>>
>>16282015
trump wouldnt have suffered any damage due to having a pea sized brain
>>
>>16282017
>if yes, there're a higher chance of surviving
with a high powered rifle round? Not a fucking chance.
>>
>>16282015
Shooter missed because of the scope or underestimating the wind, no question. If he aimed a bit more to the right with the scope he had it would've been game over.

That's IF the trajectory in the image is even real. Apparently it was fragments that hit trump. So an even bigger miss.
>>
We're living in a simulation aren't we? The probability of the bullet missing like that is probably lower than the chance of correctly guessing a Bitcoin private key.
>>
>>16282015
>Right wing hemisphere crippled.
>Left wing hemisphere takes over.
He would have survived.
But at what cost.
>>
>>16282171
It would be like Phineas Gage but in reverse
>>
>>16282015
If top pic had occurred, my prediction is Trump would have survived after a long coma, ending up with left-sided paralysis along with memory, speech and vision problems akin to Sleepy Joe.
>>
>>16282071
He didn't even use a scope
>>
If he survived and had brain damage, my guess is he would've become the perfect Democrat candidate
>>
>>16282015
>It bounced!
>It seems we missed!
>You've got a hole in your right ear!
>>
>>16282015
> Would it be an instant death?
probably. all the important parts of your brain are in the back. thats why lobotomies are relatively safe procedures, and why the most effective place to shoot yourself isnt the temple, but behind your ear.
>>
>>16282147
He got hit with shrapnel you fucking idiots
A bullet would rip his ear off
>>
>>16282772
only if it actually took out like the whole hindbrain. if he took a glancing headshot as opposed to a graze, survival still would have been fairly likely.

>barring derpy doctors who can't into treat infection
>>
>>16282035
>with a high powered rifle round? Not a fucking chance.
5.56 is an intermediate cartridge.
>>
File: 1721024437312267.gif (206 KB, 257x257)
206 KB
206 KB GIF
>>16282775
Shrapnel from what? There wasn't any shrapnel. There's a shitload of video and pictures, and not one of them shows a broken teleprompter screen. Getting hit with a bullet is more gangsta than broken glass, and you know that, and that's why you posted this: you hate Trump more than you hate lies.
>>
>>16282071
No scope actually. Secret Service has sight detectors, and homie was a NRA gun nut do actually did his research, so knew not to use them.

Probably why the secret service ignored civilian warnings, no scope detected so obviously there must not be a shooter.
>>
File: 1720987828409326.jpg (628 KB, 1170x935)
628 KB
628 KB JPG
>>
>>16282875
that isn't what happened, the snipers were already targeting the shooter before he started shooting, but they couldn't get authorization to stop him before he shot. one of the snipers returned fire only after the shooter started shooting and he lost his job for doing so because his didn't get authorization to return fire.
>>
If his hair was Kevlar, it may deflect the bullet. I think we witnessed a miracle.
>>
>>16282015
Death would be very likely. Vegetable at least.
>>
>>16282071
>>Shooter missed because of the scope or underestimating the wind
Shooter missed because Shinzo Abe told Donald to turn his head.
>>
>>16282918
Baseless claims. the reality is the SS snipers didn't open fire first because they wanted Trump dead. After a few shots were made they figured their window of plausible deniability was closed so only then did they shoot back. Furthermore they weren't fired for this, and won't be punished for it unless Trump wins the election and decides to press the issue.
>>
>>16282775
You are a liar.
>>
>>16282015
If it was at ear level it would have gone right through his cerebellum, so bye bye loss of voluntary movement and and coordination
>>
>>16282976
Yeah don't forget a possible severance of C1/C2/C3 so quadriplegic.
>>
>>16282960
To be fair, if I was stuck dealing with Trump day after day, I'd probably be tempted to let a bullet or two slip past me too. "Oopsie, mia culpa. Totally missed that one."
>>
File: trump_teleprompter.jpg (78 KB, 828x674)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>16282840
>>
>>16282912
What's the significance of this photo.
T. Out of the loop man.
>>
>>16283419
Schizoposting, there's someone in there who is supposed to be the shooter if you ignore him having a completely different jaw and nose
>>
>>16283429
Tell me more
>>
>>16283437
The supposed chud is on the right in a synagogue. Their heads don’t really align
>>
File: HHmo.jpg (73 KB, 650x600)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>
Too many variables. There's no way to know for certain exactly what would happen or how.
>>
>>16283410
Supposedly held a card showing a graph of border crossings.
>>
>>16282875
>scope detection
What sort of Orwellian BBC TV detecting van type shit is this? We’re just living in Dune.
>>
>>16282875
Sight detectors are the anti-lock brakes of shooting prevention.
>>
>>16282015
it is hard to say without also introducing verticality. people have lost SIGNIFICANT portions of their brain and survived, some even function quite normally after having surgically removed sizeable portions (people with epilepsy for instance). the brain is a weird lump
>>
>>16282147
Nah, hunters that insist on headshots experience this all the time. Unexpected movement in the animal is very likely to result in a graze, or the nose, etc. Trump was lucky and the shooter was unlucky, however had the shooter been serious he would've gone for 338 and aimed for the torso
>>
>>16282775
oh i thought we were on /sci/, did you leak in from /pol/? i can forgive your ignorance then but here's a fact: it would take an ear sized projectile to rip(or more like shear) off the ear at that velocity.
>>
>>16283410
The bullet came from Trump's right hand side.

>>16284195
He apparently just grabbed his dad's rifle.

>>16284032
It's a thing but it's questionable how useful it is in reality, especially with false hits from cameras.
>>
>>16284204
>dads rifle
So I've heard. As it turns out, you don't learn much from cowadutty.
>>
>>16283410
>I don't know how teleprompters work, but that corner I'm pointing at couldn't be a reflection of something, because teleprompters don't reflect, I think.
If a bullet had struck that teleprompter, it would have shattered completely.
Trump's ear was hit by a BULLET. That was the conclusion of the physician. Stop pretending to be a doctor. It's against the law.
>>
File: xdownloader N7CWc GHC.webm (3.79 MB, 1022x504)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB WEBM
>>
File: (((antifa))).jpg (3.75 MB, 2448x2685)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB JPG
>>16283442
The shooter was jewish and antifa is a jewish organization
>>
>>16284315
>animation shows entire cartridge
also, animating the subsequent shots are useless because they most definitely wouldn't follow exactly the same trajectory.
>>
File: 1720993636750610.png (2.14 MB, 1632x2896)
2.14 MB
2.14 MB PNG
>>16282017
You do realize there would be a massive pressure spike in the entire brain cavity right? It would have popped his skull, fracture lines likely running along far from the actual impact, entire brain destroyed.
>>
>>16282840
An ar15 round to the ear would've blown his ear clean off, if not more at the angle shown in the OP. It was shrapnel if you look at the injury photos. No way is a bullet the size of a BB gun passing through his ear coming from an AR
>>
>>16282015
did you ever see the film where kennedy gets shot in the head? would be the same. 223/556 is a high velocity round and 130 yards is close range. The top version is not correct, Trump leaned forward and turned his head. If he did not it would have been a more direct hit.
>>
File: Fyv6.png (146 KB, 999x992)
146 KB
146 KB PNG
>>
>>16284480
>No way is a bullet the size of a BB gun passing through his ear coming from an AR

uh...
>put BB in wax or resin
>coat with lead/copper/steel/whatever powder if u wanna fool shooter
>>
File: 7M.png (94 KB, 1011x589)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>
>>16284480
you are a mongo retard and you should go back to /pol/, you have no business being here. airsoft bb's are 6.3mm, the most common calibers for AR15 are .223 rem and 5.56x45 nato, both have the ~same diameter as a .22, roughly 5.5mm.
>>
>>16284480
If the round hit the ear dead center, yes. If the edge of the round brushed against the ear, far less destructive energy would be transferred to the ear. The range of collision is every value between 0% and 100%, not just 0% and 100%.
>>
>>16284777
you're also a mongo retard. it doesn't matter where the bullet hit, it would never, in any universe, rip his ear off. not with .223, not wirh 30-06, not with 338 lapua and not with 12.7mm BMG, never ever. the ear simply does not offer enough resistance for that kind of energy to be transferred at those velocities. for this kind of damage to occur, velocity needs to drop waaaaaay down and the bullet diameter need to at least triple
>>
>>16284424
>Photographical evidence showing bullet coming from rear
>>16282775
>Schizo still thinks it's shrapnel
>>
>>16284242
>Stop pretending
projection, the post
>>
Months ago a guy on YouTube literally predicted the assassination attempt including that the bullet would miss but Trump's ear would be injured and how Trump would then drop to his knees. There's something going on here that just doesn't make sense. Too much impossible shit is occurring.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.