[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2550.png (1.11 MB, 1158x810)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB PNG
The amount of money and exceptional minds we’ve blew on a Unified field theory is fucking absurd.

I said it once and I’ll say it again, we’d be better off walking away and coming back to this issue sometime in the distant future and directing our energy on MSE.

No other field of science can even compete with the most bang for your buck regarding MSE. And we’d live in a world mirroring Tomorrowland by the middle of this century if both private and public funding for R&D was redirected.
>>
MS people can call it whatever they like, I will still treat their "metamaterials" as a fancy mirror drawn as a line. I appreciate what they do, but that line is the amount of consideration any upstream from them gives their shit.
>>
File: IMG_2553.jpg (342 KB, 1170x1178)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>16282695
What was this reply even saying?
>>
Bump
>>
>>16282750
In my field, materials science means overpriced meta-materials that freshers are tasked with integrating into everything and others to create some bullshit about. We never even end up taking much advantage of them in the end because MBA #25 is overruled by beancounterMBA #26.
>>
ok graphene salesman
>>
>>16282672
> agreed, but you guys shill graphene and other wacky hard materials so hard
> where my soft matter at? Gels can do so much shit easily
>>
>>16282672
I study EE, how can i contribute to the field of material science?
>>
>>16283066
>Freshers
Hello saar
>>
Does that assist in 'Herrington’s study concluded that society has about another decade to change courses and avoid collapse by investing in sustainable technologies and equitable human development.'?
>>
PEACE.... peace...
>>
>>16283380
Would no illegal oil and mining etc subsidies for a a year andor several fund that upheaval momentous shift?
>>
>>16282672
or Manufacturing engineering
>>
>>16283305
Good morning. Jai hind and all that. I think it's a reflect of just how Indian EE is even in America that I've never heard of new grad hires referred to as anything else in this space. Only softer people call the juniors.
>>
>>16283601
And only fags post on this board.
>>
>>16283601
software*
>>
>>16282672
Are these the people that create fancy alloys and strong magnets?
Whats the strongest theoretical magnet? Say some substance where all the electron spins where aligned in the same direction. Maximum magnetization ever. How many Teslas?
>>
>>16283711
And supra gain effect from multiple levels of electron spins
>>
>>16282672
you're right.
>>16283182
graphene is the future
>>16283711
1200 tesla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsu6FG_3adU

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.