[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.png (14 KB, 259x194)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
Hi, today i've received the notification that my paper was not accepted for a conference. The subject is AI.
I submited this paper in april, and between this day and today another paper has been published with the same core idea as mine. Mine was not published on Arxiv, and now i don't know what to do with that paper since the other paper is better. Can you help me please ?
>>
>>15833839
>Reminder: /sci/ is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.
>>
>>16283154
Oh so i can't ask questions about the scientific process on /sci/ ?
>>
Bump
>>
>>16283153
Your reviewer must have been the author of that other paper. That's really unlucky. You can try to cite the other paper, explain why yours is actually different, and try another conference. There are so many journals and conferences that one will accept it, even if it is practically the same as the one already published. You will not be getting many citations, or maybe any, but least you'll have something published.
>>
>>16283153
Sounds like you got fucking Zhang et al.'d, white boy. How does that yellow cock taste?
>>
>>16283153
Copy paste it here and add an ethereum address in the name field

Gunna chromadb, langchain huggingface bigscience/bloom this shit

Simping for rep is a thing of the past, get paid by being pertient to sci based llm queryies.

4Hkt

Perfect name
Kek
>>
This is normal. Sounds like your idea fucking sucks (it's probably a garbo LLM paper) and you are a newb (as evidence that's you're complaining about this) and you get less compute than zhang for good results.
Maybe try doing something more original next time.
>>
>>16283153
Kill yourself
>>
Post it
>>
>>16283543
what's wrong with you
>>
>>16283153
If the other paper is better than yours, then why does society need yours to be published
>I need to publish it for myself, not for society
seflish, innit? typical scientist.
>>
>>16283153
since you can't make money on it, dump it here. no sense in letting all that time working on it go to waste.
>>
File: homo techne.png (73 KB, 1496x1182)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>16283574
your paper was rejected. that is a great dishonor and the only honorable thing to do is kill yourself
>>
>>16283153
Have you considered that papers on the subject of AI should be Arxived infra 200 or 800? Maybe you tried to misclassify yours infra 500

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.