[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: timedilation.png (95 KB, 1842x739)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
https://www.academia.edu/122103643/theoretical_practical_timetravel_using_boundary_functions_of_gravitational_fields_orbits_and_gravitational_waves

new paper on time travel uploaded to academia.edu
>>
any questions technical or otherwise?
>>
>>16283826
Post pdf here I’m not signing up for shit.
Fix your definitions. Point A, then switches to particle B and C??? Try point A, gravity well A&B. Use less words trying to make your sound smart.
>>
>>16283880
its the whole pdf, this picture.
Excuse me i'm fleshing it out but this is a starting framework.
>>
File: 1712086463087028.jpg (28 KB, 324x356)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>16283826
That is not how time dilation works
>>
>>16283961
Care to elaborate
>>
>>16283983
Time dilation is a relativistic effect
>>
>>16284031
yes i know
"Time dilation is the difference in elapsed time as measured by two clocks, either because of a relative velocity between them (special relativity), or a difference in gravitational potential between their locations (general relativity). When unspecified, "time dilation" usually refers to the effect due to velocity."

its addressed for in the paper
>>
>>16284058
>its addressed for in the paper
No, it isn't, as the second sentence is already wrong in it's assumption.
>>
>>16284084
this checks out for every definition of time dilation
"Clocks that are far from massive bodies (or at higher gravitational potentials) run more quickly, and clocks close to massive bodies (or at lower gravitational potentials) run more slowly."
>>
File: 585465498.jpg (76 KB, 603x441)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>16284087
*relative to eachother
you can observe the same event occuring at two different points in time, but the time at which the event occurs is still the same for all observers
>>
>>16284100
about the semantics you're right. the paper takes that into consideration aswell.
>>
>>16284102
Then what is the point, you don't need any gravitational influence to observe something at different points in time, just shake your hand really fast and you'll see multiple images
>>
>>16284109
that is actually like what you suggested the calculations are just a wee bit more precise i believe. just a bit
>>
>>16284119
Whatever you wrote is irrelevant, as your premise is already faulty.
>>
>>16284212
i'm more interested in whether it will work than whether i chose the wrong wording. i see no fault with the method.

Your likely response is "it will not" as a passionate critic however you likely havent done that experiment.
>>
>>16284212
i'm not sure youre right about that
https://www.space.com/33411-astronaut-scott-kelly-relativity-twin-brother-ages.html
>>
>>16284224
You have no idea what is being said there
>>
>>16284325
ok einstein

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.