[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 00_Title snap.png (81 KB, 960x540)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
Let me show you a simple, yet devastating demonstration that "Global Warming" (a.k.a. CO2 Hysteria) is just a hoax:

https://youtu.be/CEsOBxNnGf4 (Video: The Death of CO2 Hysteria)

The video does a better job explaining things with animations and everything, but let me give you a quick TLDR version of the argument:

The most essential principle behind "Global Warming" is the concept of Greenhouse Effect, which essentially means that if you surround a system with insulation on all sides, you will trap the heat inside the system and prevent said heat from leaving. From this concept derives the concept of Greenhouse Gases, which are gasses that, when released into the atmosphere, cause Greenhouse Effect on a planetary level.

The problem here? Earth is surrounded by vacuum on all sides, and vacuum happens to be the most effective form of insulation known to man. In other words, Earth is already inside the most effective "greenhouse" there can ever be, and has been so for 4 billion years. Heat on Earth is as trapped as it's ever going to get, and has been so for 4 billion years. Heat cannot leave Earth, at least not in any way that would be affected by CO2. But more importantly, it is a good thing that heat is trapped because if it were possible for heat to freely leave Earth, well, it would do just that: it would leave, and a few hours after sunset you and the whole city around you would be frozen solid and everything would die. The fact that heat cannot freely leave Earth is the one and only reason life on Earth is possible in the first place.
>>
>>16294786
>Heat cannot leave Earth, at least not in any way that would be affected by CO2.
It's posts like this that I can never quite tell if they're trolling or sincere.
>>
>>16294786
I can sum it up without blog posts or fucking hour long youtube videos:
>The fucking scientists got caught literally admitting to eachother through email that they manipulate the data to get their outcomes

There, done. Theyre liars. That was easy.
>>
>>16294853
That never happened
>>
>>16294786
>Greenhouse Effect, which essentially means that if you surround a system with insulation on all sides, you will trap the heat inside the system and prevent said heat from leaving
Lol no.
>>
>>16294898
True, the Nature trick was all about text formatting and definitely had no impact on data presentation.
>>
>>16294918
It was actually just an adjustment they created to compensate for the tree ring data. Particulate pollution covering leaves changed the rate of photosynthesis and the effect was that their methodology for tree ring temperature proxies had to be modified for the industrial era.

I'm pretty sure someone tried to sue Mann for fraud and was countersued.
>>
>>16294948
>an adjustment they created to compensate for the tree ring data
And this adjustment was applied to what? font size? It didn't adjust how the data was presented?
>>
>>16294853
>>The fucking scientists got caught literally admitting to eachother through email that they manipulate the data to get their outcomes
AKA, climategate.
that went to court and it was proven not to be so.
>>
>>16294786
>vacuum happens to be the most effective form of insulation known to man
yes, for phonons, not for photons.
>>
>>16294954
No it did, but it only changed the tree ring proxy data where it overlapped with the instrumental record. Industrial pollution on the leaves changed the way the tree rings form in a way that could be quantified by using the instrumental record and they applied the correction to the data. The "climategate" emails mostly discuss what to do about the discrepancy. Another proposal was to just excise the tree ring proxy data at the point that it becomes unreliable, but they decided that they could just use a statistical correction instead.
>>
>>16294992
> proven in court
LMAO, you are a complete idiot you imbecile moron.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.