[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Quantum computing, AI, and genetic engineering will solve everything. We are entering the Age of Intelligence
>>
You're being naive.
>>
>Quantum computing
Get one while you still can. 3 qubit units can be purchased from China for $5000. 8 qubit $30k. OP is wrong too because people will not share in their prosperity. You need to be an early adopter and take the money for yourself.
>>
quantum computing increasingly becomes vaporware with each passing year
>>
>>16370365
fag, becomes fag, with each passing OP
>>
>>16370329
>You're being naive.
This.
We are actually entering a New Age of Naivety. People spending all day interacting with their phones in ways that only feed their own likes back at them.
We are literally raising a herd of sheep for the machines.
>>
>>16370365
Propaganda so plebs won't want to get a quantum computer for themselves. There are laws being passed to ban consumers from importing them.
>>
>>16369943
why is there a giant robot sitting on the road goddammit i gotta get to work
>>
>>16370356
>buy 3 qubits 3 times
>save $15k
>>
>>16369943
You’re a fucking midwit posting this and I’m 100 FSIQ and not as memey with nuanced subjects holy shit anon
>>
>>16370356
>people will not share in their prosperity
but they do, you have to keep your head up your ass not to notice it
>>
File: 1714394362607645.jpg (75 KB, 770x600)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
AI is a meme.
QM is even more of a meme.
Genetic engineering has some successes but they are limited. It's not about to do anything crazy. So in the context of this thread I declare it a meme.
>>
>>16373788
>AI is a meme.
topkek, chebureque, their comments are more insightful than yours
> some successes but they are limited
and another meaningless "insight", only your stupidity has no limits, besides the space which is, in spite of catholic narrative, infinite and eternal.
>>
>>16369943
But I don't want this.
I want this.
>>
>>16374336
And why aren't you there now instead of posting on the internet?
>>
>>16374478
It costs a lot of money that I don't have.
>>
>>16374258
butthurt? it's a meme lol
>>
Do me in that.
>>
>>16374336
this but in a mansion built, maintained, and manned by my small army of maid robots of varying sizes and configurations; catering to my every fetish and desire
>>
>>16369943
there's nothing out there that solves everything, unless your goal is to ruin stuff
https://www.bitchute.com/video/jyPwh4Xaaihj
>>
>>16370379
Humanity must be changed for its own good. Revolution has always been the work of the driven few. Humanity cannot remain as a teeming mass of weak, aging flesh. Humanity must be reforged for function and aesthetic.
The great question will be which way to go with that, and how to rally the efforts and ensure success. It's well within humanity's capacity to take on this endeavor in the current day. It just requires a truly driven organization with the resources to make good. Limited corrupted. No fat kings content to sit on crumbling thrones. No fraud or lip-service. Purpose. Drive. True belief in the potential of mankind to become something greater driving the work to make that a reality.
>>
>>16377082
>Limited corrupted
Limited corruption. Way to bungle my big "we must move forward" thing.
>>
>>16369943
>new tech will solve problems caused by broken systems, no need to fix the system
I hope you're baiting
>>
>>16377082
You're literally describing why mankind needs to accept the Lord Jesus Christ
>>
>>16377138
The teachings, yes. The gospels, no. Humanity must endeavor. If you simply form it around religion, you end up with an idle cult that sits patiently waiting for death thinking themselves deserving of a promise of eternity. Absent the presence of a guiding hand, this is to the best of our knowledge a universe sliding towards entropy. Eternity must be earned and made. We have a time limit. Faith is best set to the belief that it is possible, but drive must be rallied. Humanity needs to be driven. The purpose must be realized and there must be a concerted effort toward it.
>>
>>16377152
Hiding your beliefs in empty sloganeering and euphemisms will not help your case. You are a retarded doomer that thinks global warming is actually happening.
>>
>>16374611
A small wood shed in an isolated area is one of the cheapest houses ever.
>>
>>16377159
I'm not hiding anything. Humanity needs to organize to better educate and encourage people, and R&D needs to be put towards actually elevating human beings into becoming ageless immortal super-beings that, eventually, will control the very fabric of the universe. The only thing holding humanity back is the lack of organization. We live in a fundamentally feudal world where small tribal chieftains dress up and pretend to be sophisticated. They do everything for themselves and nothing for their people. Local, humanity in general, or otherwise. They are abhorrent leeches that need to be burned off. Humanity needs to be set on course to succeed.
>>
>>16377138
Why did God create us to be so sinful and flawed in the first place? Being intelligent alone makes a huge difference in one’s life and even their moral choices, and God could have easily created everyone to be much smarter. Or do you actually think we are the peak of biological intelligence? But even in that case, God could have made everyone to be 180 IQ, not just in the general sense but also emotionally and socially intelligent. And I haven’t even talked about impulsive, aggressive, and addictive behaviors. It’s very clear that we are flawed because we evolved for an environment much different than our current one, which we have created through technology relatively recently. In a primitive environment with few resources, it’s very difficult to be a glutton, for example. As technology improves, humans will become less and less accustomed to the world, and we will probably see a similar pattern to what’s already happening: many people are depressed and not reproducing. Changing the environment won’t help since we need technology to compete with other countries. We have to change ourselves alongside the world, and that can be best accomplished with genetic engineering.

We don’t have free will, but we will.
>>
File: 1282535046503.jpg (62 KB, 896x672)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>16377184
>The only thing holding humanity back is the lack of organization.
Humans are self-organizing, especially the smart ones. When someone smart has a sufficiently good idea, the others will migrate towards this opportunity. Sometimes they'll settle for working for the originator of the good idea themselves (Apple, Alphabet, Tesla, etc) but better yet, they'll create their own good idea to challenge the original one.

The United States found out a long time ago that simply maintaining fertile ground for good ideas to take root is enough to guarantee it a tech edge into the indefinite future. China's trying to create its own fertile ground, but not one that easily attracts outside voices to its astruturf garden, which is inevitably hindered by its authoritarian nature.

When you propose "organization", it sounds either like stifling bureaucracy (which hurts the EU) or outright regimentation (the Soviet Union or the Islamic world). It's a fallacious proposal.
>>
>>16369943
I work on CS an public available QComputers are shit: few qubits, few connections between qubits (doesn't matter how many you have is you cannot use all of them together), lots of pseudo-quatum bullshit (emulators), and lots of errors and decoherence (you have to repeat instructions lots of times because you know there are lots of errors).

That said... I strongly believe that behind the curtain they are developing true working and usable quantum computers. Just look how the LK99 and PCPOSOS was memory holed even from this site. For me it was like a slip from the elite to let it be published, in a matter of days they did all they could to discredit it and make people forget it. It is suspicious how if you go to /SCI/, there seems to be a shadow ban on anything related to room temperature superconductors and covid vax.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.