[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Its commonly said that Leibnitz and Newton invented calculus simultaneously and independently. But if you actually think about it its most likely complete BS. There is simply no way that such a monumental discovery was made by two people at the same time. One or both of them copied it from someone else, thats the only way this makes sense. Also intrigue and scams were extremely prevalent during the 17th-18th centuries. My hutch feeling says that Leibniz came up with calculus first and salty incel Newton stole it from him.

What do you think? Do you buy the mainstream narrative?
>>
>>16373191
Also fuck newton. His later writings prove he was a scam artist and a schzo. Imagine being a competent mathematician and believing in numerology. Dude was legitimately retarded. Only retards and occultists worship him today.
>>
>>16373191
Why not? Scientific advancements tend to come in chains of logic. Calculus can have been invented independently by people who did not know each other, as long as the prequisites for calculus had recently become well understood, and problems for which calculus is a good application were relevant to many people. Pythagoras could not have discovered calculus because the mathematical tools required for calculus were not yet available at his time, but they were available in Newton's.

That's not to say that this necessarily happened though. The history of science is rich on stolen credit, intentionally or unintentionally. And who's going to accuse Newton of stealing someone else's work?
I just don't think it's too much of a stretch to believe that they could have independently invented calculus at the same timeframe, it's not sufficient to cast doubt to Newton's legitimacy in my point view.
>>
>>16373243
I love you anon and appreciate you for responding. However, Newton stole the calculus.
>>
>>16373252
nta but newton obviously used the calculus he developed in his work with optics and gravitation. the thing was he just put off publishing his methods.
>>
>>16373266
Im sorry but thats just not how it works in science. Newton was a confirmed resentful incel schizo and he simply stole his methods from Leibniz, whom he resented.
>>
>>16373191
Both of them have letters with everyone.
>>
https://larouchepub.com/other/2018/4525-sociopathic_lying_th.html
>>
>>16373312
kek the schizophrenia is strong
>>
>>16373191
leibzig's notation was better and was developed with care and in cooperation with other high ranked mathematician. newton was more like 'it's good enough for me and fuck you all.'
>>
>>16373191
Are we allowed to note the fact that Leibniz admitted at the end of his life he had in fact seen Newton's work on calculus? Because he did.
>>
brits have stolen all their crown jewels
>>
>>16373191
We'll never know unless someone figures out a way to determine whether the 1660's came before 1684, or after it.
>>
>>16374858
>New first publish the calculus in 1687
>Leibniz first published in 1684
https://www.britannica.com/science/mathematics/Newton-and-Leibniz
Poor Newton got facebooked
>>
>>16374896
hour and a half
>>
>>16373191
>I'm too stupid to understand how something could be true, therefore it isn't true.
>>
>>16373691
>newton was more like 'it's good enough for me and fuck you all.'
Based
>>
>>16374858
Can you use calculus to figure it out?
>>
It is first to discover not first to publish and it is a 100% verified historical fact it was newton first the rest is germoid cope.
>>
>>16373191
>There is simply no way that such a monumental discovery was made by two people at the same time
And yet, history reveals this occurs quite often. Heisenberg and Schrodinger. Englebrout and Higgs. Cabbibi and Kobayashi. And so on. Turns out multiple people work in current problems and sometimes strike at the solution at the same time. Sometimes one person gets scooped. And usually one group fails. In the context of simultaneous discoveries, sometimes the time is just right for the discovery to be made.
>>
>>16373203
We...Are...Eternal.

https://youtu.be/mgaOr4VUG0U
>>
>>16376788
Post proof of your claims or stop lying
Quit lying about having a PHD as well
>>
>>16373191
Bolzano.
>>
File: 2023-05-16_13.30.45.jpg (98 KB, 720x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>16376841
What are you qualifications?
>NO, ANSWER YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, THIS IS WHAT PEER REVIEWERS DO.
POST QUALIFICATIONS SO I CAN POST PROOF.

Stop LARPing and "no u'ing", BE A PEER, POST QUALIFICATIONS.

Youre asking for proof of what you cannot verify....A LIE, WHY ARE YOU LYING?
>>
>>16377236
You have not posted any proof of anything at all

Not a single shred of evidence

Its hard to suspect you even have an AA
>>
>>16373191
It isnt that weird when you start to think about it from a philosophy of science perspecctive. There was a set of problems that created pressure to come up with a solution. If youre a realist about mathematics then two guys independently fumbling around in the dark will find a very simmilar set of solutions to solve those problems.

This is a Kuhnian position. The problems and puzzles that people care about dictate the science, the science comes after.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27 KB, 480x360)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>16377287
>Not a single shred of evidence
>says the voter about Vax and Coof-Aids
I was a dead man, walking they say, so every night I hit the gates
Load the AK and post up, in the window till come day, anyway hey
I feel the payback simmering in my brain
The thoughts of death cloud my mind
As my niggas is gone away many clips and 24 riches, packed
but who really got my back
now that them niggas done hit the grave
I'm killing them off for the olds days
24 ways and a 24 sack of that purple cush and make me sicker
than sick and even get Ripgut Cannibal if you wish
cause nigga it's EBK everyday all day to the day I die
I'm creepin through yo set with a mini mac 10
AR15 rugga with a 12 gauge pump in the trunk
and a black beany disguise
>>
>>16377295
>black beany disguise
STOP LARPing ON THE INTERNET, Yevgeniy Pillman...
>>
>>16377295
We are not talking about "Vax and Coof-Aids"
We are talking about you
A "man" who thinks he is literally lucifer
You think you have many degrees in many subjects and that you have secrets that nobody else can even hope to understand

Proof or stfu
>>
>>16377299
>We are not talking about "Vax and Coof-Aids"
CLAIMING PEER REVIEW AS A NON-DOCTOR IS WHAT YOU ARE!

SAFED AND EFFECTED (PSY-OP'D RETARD).

POST DOCTORATE OR ACCEPT YOU HAVE NOTHING, Yevgeniy Pillman
>>
>>16377306
Ill post mine when you post the proof you are lucifer

I think that's a fair deal
You made the claim first, my friend
>>
File: 1543220688221.jpg (45 KB, 500x694)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>16377306
>Yevgeniy Pillman
>.

DEMAND PERFECTION, BECOME PERFECTED.
>>
File: IMG_20171112_202019958.jpg (582 KB, 3264x2448)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>16377309
>Ill post mine when

YOU HAVE ****NOTHING****.

I got the mossberg pump and bout' to jack a punk
And when that siccness hits I'm like a new stage
Watch my back, hit the dank, load the gat, make the grave
Twelve midnight, my niggas on the stroll,
Mr. Doc, Baby Reg, Brotha Lynch, Big Dan
We bout' to roll ridin deep hella high so nigga peep this,
Take ya glock off safety turn around and hit the street
When I got the milli pictured in my head
Ain't no stoppin 'cause the devil said I'm halfway dead
What can I say got them evil thoughts fillin' up my Head locc to the brain
On that insane tip E-be-K everyday
The block-style bitch smokin' dank
With my braids in my hair and I'm riding on a full tank
My nine on the side going Both ways,
Peel a niggas cap and then I'm sideways
>>
>>16377311
I do love warhammer 40k, its very fun

I really cannot tell how much of this shit is a larp

If you really are not larping about being lucifer though, please prove it
>>
>>16377313
You know, you really should get medicated for your obvious schizophrenia
>>
>>16377316
Why? He's just some random sad loser who needs validation. Better he gets that from the internet than from some pills that'll fuck him up even more.
>>
>>16377339
Medication for schizophrenia will not fuck him up more, it will genuinely improve his life

I don't know him so I can't say if he literally needs it to function in his day to day life, but it will improve his quality of life, if he has strong enough delusions that he literally thinks he's lucifer
>>
Bhāskara II
>>
James Gregory invented Calculus.
https://archive.org/details/gregory_universalis
>>
>>16374896
>I'll ignore what your post showed and change the subject.
That's called deflection. It indicates that you know you can't refute what I showed.
>>
>>16377366
The post demonstrated nothing and was merely assertions. Much like Newton merely asserting he invented calculus first, but he forgot to publish because he shid himself.
>>
>>16374896
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
Leibniz saw Newton's calculus and stole it!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Leibniz was just a fucking plagiarist!
>>
>>16377370
Sorry, here you go, now you are defeated:
>>16377379
>>
>>16373191
People were already doing integral calculus before Newton and Leibniz published their methods. Fermat knew how to find areas under polynomial curves and any function could be represented as a sum of polynomials. Fermat was also familiar already with min/max problems. What Newton and Leibniz did was formalize everything and this is what happens in math/phys all the time, the last contributor takes the credit. Einstein took credit for relativity but Lorentz, Poincaré did A LOT of work in this field before Einstein.
>>
>>16373203
It's entirely possible that Newton was legit but that mental illness took hold of him, he wouldn't be the first. Boltzmann committed suicide, Cantor finished in a looney hospital and there are a bunch of other cases, but these are probably the most well known.
>>
>>16377379
>written in 2014
>didn't buy the book
>googled it
lol imagine being this retarded. I ain't reading your slop. If you don't care about a topic, just don't post about it dumbass.
>>
>>16373191
>Who invented calculus?

Dentists.
>>
>>16373191
They could discover it independently because they didn't just write the same thing. such a huge thing like infinitesimal calculus had many proponents across the centuries.

what newton and Leibniz did was formalize their work and apply it to something actually useful which paved the way for everyone to use their methods, whereas every previous journey into calculus was limited and flawed and without generality.

for example Archimedes also knew about infinitesimal calculus as he applied it to the circle shaped objects he was studying. he was very far from making a formula for Pi or even understand where he dipped his toes into. of course it doesn't help that Archimedes wasn't published and his work was just recently scanned from medieval monastic religious scribbles.

a lot of what "discovery" in science is is just marketing. newton had great marketing but never forget that he was an incel cuck loser who died a virgin and was proud of it like a /b/-tard. Leibniz at least had sex.
>>
>>16377393
Leibniz admitted he stole it!
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>16377339
Yeah, the guy asking for SCIENTIFIC VERIFICATION that he COULDNT VERIFY isnt seeking Ego-Emotional validation within himself...

New low, /sci/...youre literally anti-Science, emotional activism...
>>
>>16377418
If you are Lucifer you should be able to do things that would prove you are supernatural, send me mind messages or something, surely you can

Send an entity or something to talk to me

You can't post any proof at all

Please get medical help
>>
File: geroge-lucas-red.gif (132 KB, 220x185)
132 KB
132 KB GIF
>>16377441
>you are Lucifer
>>
>>16377461
I really do think you are a troll
But if not
Have a good night, enjoy your game
Please get the help you need, for you, and for your loved ones
>>
>>16377406
Newton wasn't even published, so what work did Leibniz see? Do you even know?
Nah, you are just assblasted.
>>
File: FRAMED.png (151 KB, 600x599)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>>16377352
We know Bhāskara II invented the differential calculus, and we know that sometime between the publication of his mathematical work in 1150 and the release of 2001: a space odyssey, someone decided to frame Zoroaster, who lived we think sometime around 700 BC, for mathematics. It is quite a remarkable intellectual effort to actually have the energy to insult mathematics itself on the grounds that it is polluted with belief. This is like the Beatles complaining that the presence of insane teenage girls harms their expression as musicians. Oh, sure, that's all correct, but what the hell are we going to do about the screaming girls? I invite you, dear fren, convince one that mathematical certainty isn't God. They're too smart for that Jesus crap. You'll lose your faith.
I, for one, think Zoroaster's "living in a dualistic wonderland" approach is represented well by The Phantom Tollbooth. You'll get data, perhaps not information per se, as the value and meaning is unknown, but the absolute demand to turn yourself into a human transistor...someday we will call you "Zorons" and imply you're no better than morons XD
>>
>>16373203
It's called pattern recognition brownoid
>>
>>16377493
this is the part that really gets me: it goes much deeper, to the point of complaining bitterly of the effect of hypnosis
This is exemplified in the choice of material for the slit scan effect: road hypnosis, driving at night in New Jersey; server hypnosis, walking through a data center, surrounded by massive computational resources, sky hypnosis, experienced by pilots...it seems to be saying:
STOP BELIEVING THE MATH
YOU'RE ALL HYPNOTIZED
the slit scan "star gate sequence" is nothing less than a list of grievances against the human condition, and the imprisonment of humanity on Earth, the planet of math!!
it gets worse...someone discovered that hypnosis and belief aren't all that far off from sickness and cults...part of the plot of 2001: a space odyssey
>>
>MAYA
HYPNOSIS
>ILLUSION
People don't believe in divine spark. They believe in material fate.
Basically people think the USA is a giant kitchen sink, and they're bits of food that are being cleaned from pots and pans.
If they believed in divine spark, they would say, "divinity is not subject to your mathematical theory; your mathematical theory is a subject of divinity"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPV0RC9CDis "Knowledge and the Sacred"
As a result of their belief in material fate, therefore the people are not enlightened.
However, such people can't affect the divine spark.
If people believed in divine spark, they would see that it is saving them from the mathematical theories of others, which is just so much prophecy, often sold under other names such as precognition, prognostication, foretelling the future, reading palms, and the crystal ball business.
Don't let the mathematical theory of another defeat your own will.
People want to make money this way, they even try to amplify such effects...there was one intellectual, Sam Harris, who appears to have largely fallen off the radar these days, but at any rate, he was one of these necromancers raising legion of undead zombie slaves yet not knowing the importance of his cult of personality.
I AM LIVING IN REALITY, REALITY IS SUBJECT TO DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS, THEREFORE I AM A MINION-ZOMBIE-SLAVE OF THE DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS
you know, we have the open society so we can make fun of cults and cult leaders
we aren't supposed to be, you know, powerless when some jackass starts printing mathematical symbols on M-16 ammo and assassinating anyone who claims an irrational number exists...
JUST BECAUSE THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM IS CURRENTLY DESTROYING ALL NON-AMERICAN ECONOMIES DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE A SOULLESS EQUATION IN SOME EXCEL SPREADSHEET CREATED UNDER THE FALSE ASSUMPTION THAT YOU'RE A "RATIONAL ACTOR"
http://www.pickupguide.com/brains3.htm
>She had never seen `excel', but was utterly fascinated by it!
>>
>>16377553
>I AM LIVING IN REALITY
[hugs you]
>>
>>16377668
>>668
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Newton%27s_occult_studies
it isn't just that someone predicted the 1968 peak in population growth...it's that the origin of the knowledge producing such spectacular prediction was shrouded in mystery for...hundreds of years?
it's quite clear: such a prediction is the work of treating a human being as a robot, which is essentially what a parent does for a child
Now, the communists excel in treating people as robots. And, in 1968, communism hadn't collapsed yet.
And communism and science fiction are both products of the same Kantian root.
It is a distinct possibility that the subject of 2001: a space odyssey is the effect of Kant's philosophy, especially the categorical imperative, and in particular Zoroastrian-Kantian-Marxist thought, rendered as something positively sickening, contagious, capable of producing a biological reaction through fear, terror, politics, change.
As you can see, the simple man-machine or ends-means dualities are all subject to Zoroaster's transistor metaphysics.
You can see what happens when ideas from the Middle East escape from the lab so to speak. Adi Shankara lived around the 8th century, and so did the Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him). Mohammad corralling the Egyptian Saturn-beasts (such as myself) while Adi clapping the Zorons in transistor chains...and attracting white women
https://youtu.be/a7QY7etu9jA?t=111 "Isla Fisher - All Scenes in Wedding Crashers 1080p"
>>
>>16377704
Now: Blade Runner was based on Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, the 1968 sci-fi novel by Philip K. Dick.
Could it be that our ideas of what constitutes the man-machine barrier are...polluted...by ideas of what constitutes the barrier that separates those who know, say, the quadratic formula or the differential calculus from those who do not...we should know better, we should be honest intellectuals, yet the screaming teenage girls are part of the sci-fi world, and they want ghost stories, not honest faggots such as ourselves leaking out from /lit/ and doing the hard work, the heavy lifting, the James Cameron Avatar mecha suit sort of stuff
Look, Heart of Darkness and math education are about British colonialism and money. The derivative is about what happens when you hurl a lump of clay. Don't believe the Holy Bible. You aren't a lump of clay. You're the freaking Sun. Your mind is neurons, electricity, plasma, fire, the biologists tell us this (and a Spaniard discovered the neuron, let me find his name...Santiago Ramón y Cajal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBJ0gGJXDAs "Avatar - Jake Meets Colonel Quaritch (HD)"
I think it must be that once you learn the differential calculus, you leave humanity and become a God. And then you come back down to Earth and LARP as clay.
>As soon as I can calculate derivatives and integrals, I become one with God and you all turn into clay machines, mere minions going about your duties.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa9MpLXuLs0 ""What is my purpose?" Rick and Morty quote S01E09 Butter Robot"
>>
>>16377786
Here is the part that's really galling: making all of the normal, ordinary assumptions about British colonialism, food, human nature, and so on, it's quite clear that knowledgable people (essentially Operation Paperclip, but we shouldn't say that we let the nazis do whatever they wanted to do after World War II, it might frighten the children...) had the means to calculate the population growth and its peak in the nineteen fifties and sixties, and it's just as clear that they were separated from the vast mass of people by education, race, religion, and even something that goes beyond God: religious sophistication, and perhaps even a taste for the irreligious as well, even the atheistic.
Even more so: they knew so much that mere knowledge would turn any one of them into a God among men were they to go out among men, and that is precisely what happened after World War II.
So, there is this characteristic sickness of fawning idol worship, the biological outcomes of the cult practices...the power, the knowledge, the greed, the lust...
...THE SATANIC OVERTONES!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFeLMFUWmWo "Paul Oakenfold Goa mix 1994 - whole 2hrs"
which is to say: if you regard Adi Shankara and the Discordians as a mere cult, then you're quite confused, perhaps you should go outside and lick one of the grates...it tastes grate!
>>
There is another way to tackle 2001: a space odyssey, and that is as a fairly sophisticated statement about communism and totalitarianism, essentially a Reader's Digest version of Arendt's Origins of Totalitarianism.
Frankly, what we knew about communism and totalitarianism in the West, in the middle of the twentieth century, was so damning that the West actually rode a tidal wave of communist fail for decade after decade after decade after decade, and it's still going on, communism is getting more and more embarrassing every day.
The statement is this: okay, we're going to teach you about derivatives and integrals and science and mathematics, and then we're going to read what the communists say, and we want you to study the history of religion, and once you've done that, we want you to regard the communists as the sort of people who would mix up Zoroaster and Bhāskara II. In fact, the communists even claim that tricks like this are theirs, and they have a right to lie in this fashion, even going to extreme lengths to promulgate this falsehood.
In short, once we're sure that you live in a world that doesn't impose communistic limits on you, we want to paint a portrait of the communist as a demented clown, a psychotic historical revisionist, a butcher of the past, and tell you a ghost story: what if you lived in a communist utopia that couldn't tell the difference between Zoroaster and Bhāskara II? If, in other words, math were God, and religiously so. Not just
>oh yes, math is the God of Wall St. Leo is such a CAT ZOMG I absolutely NEED another glass of Chardonnay, Alicia! How is Chad doing? Did he finish moving into his Upper East Side appartment? Who wants to fuck him first? Hahah! Oh, wait...are you fucking KIDDING ME? YOU ALREADY DID IT? WHAT?
that's math God and money God and sex God but it isn't really God because I mean, who the hell would tolerate women speaking of God in such a way...
>>
>>16373191
So here we have yet another dude who has never heard of teh Zeitgeist, yet is so certain about his errors. How do we fix this?
>>
I have a much better question that I'm super interested in. Look at all of the buildings that existed before Newton. How did architects and engineers before Newton build structures that lasted for so long, if they didn't have concepts like force, integrals, etc etc?
>>
>>16373203
Imagine believing this. His work on chronology is amazing and completely destroys the mainstream lies. Kill yourself NPC faggot
>>
>>16373691
bot post
>>
Well, if you think you can Invent a mathematics, you've got a loong way far apart of things that just are there, and things you can "make"
>>
>>16373312
Fascinating read there's some damming, apparently outlandish evidence here that I was quite astonished to follow-up on and find were actually true. In the end it depends on how you analyze the existing facts, but it does provide a pretty hilarious alternative interpretation of historic evidence. I think most damning was seeing Newton's actual submission to the brachistochrone contest. His behavior is pretty telling.
>>
>>16377418
shut up pajeet
>>
Newton obviously you schizophrenic. Leibnitz is a shit anyways he dont deserve credit
>>
>>16373191
I think you belong on /pol/ for making such a faggot thread.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.