[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1600.jpg (814 KB, 1170x1344)
814 KB
814 KB JPG
Is this what publishing has become
>>
>>16375250
https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/radiology-case-reports/publish/open-access-options

akshually only $550
>>
>>16375202
hey chatgpt, cut the bullshit and write the fucking paper
>>
>MDs
this is a fake and gay paid paper in a fake journal that was clearly written by frauds. it has nothing to do with proper publishing.
>>
>>16378542
>this is a fake and gay paid paper in a fake journal that was clearly written by frauds.

Modern social studies in a nutshell. 90% of the papers published in that field look like they were generated in this postmodern essay generator.

https://www.elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/
>>
>>16379525
>how did that manage to pass peer review as well as the editing staff at the journal?
they also use chatgpt for review
>>
File: 1724920990239615.png (309 KB, 640x480)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>16379640
>>
>>16380587
that's why we need to gate keep what is called "science".
all the trash papers should be put on a "trash" tag on their own webpage. this should work across all devices and platforms.
sociology, psychology, medicine... slop should be put in their own category with a disclaimer that they should not be taken seriously.
only leave the rest of the hard sciences should be called proper science.
>>
>>16379525
>an Indian pay-to-publish journal
>peer review
>>
>>16375202
In my uni we are encouraged to use AI, especially in research. It pisses me off a lot. When we have a class where we have to do presentations half of the class just read chatgpt nonsense and teachers pretend like it's ok. Literal generation of dependable imbeciles is on the rise.
>>
>>16375202
>raneem
>ashraf
>mohammad
holy kek
>>
>>16375202
The best part is how none of the supposedly 8 authors noticed this. I've done enough work of my own to know that every paper with many authors is actually just the work of 1 or two people, but you'd figure someone putting their name down to hog credit would at least read it over.
>>
>>16388208
>none of the supposedly 8 authors noticed this
none of them exist, their names were ai generated
>>
>>16388208
It's particularly frustrating because I know colleagues, good researchers, who will fucking AGONIZE over the content of their papers - scraping through drafts for weeks looking for anything that might be out of place or could be worded better. And then these kinds of chucklefucks get garbage forced through the pay-to-publish pipeline, slap their name on a bullshit citation, and get hired as doctors, researchers, instructors, etc.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.