[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (210 KB, 643x360)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
ok so where are all those deus ex cyber-prostheses and space elevators and other shit? I thought they figured out how to do them. are nanotubes abandoned technology?
>>
>>16378519
Not abandoned at all.
>>
>oh n-
>>
>>16378600
so what are they doing with it?
>>
>>16378519
they are also Asbestos 2.0, so the any application is severely limited and therefore funding dried up a bit
also, it's not magical
>>
>>16378519
spent all the money fighting wars for jews and feeding browns, sorry goy.
>>
>>16378622
mechanical shit mostly. theyre super easy to make in bulk but that doesn't do the autists in the lab trying to make individual transistors out of them, believe it or not
>>
>>16378622
self sensing structures (cement, plastics, rubbers)
this cancer dust is conductive and if dispersed enough in the matrix it will tunnel electrons depending on the load (strain) applied to the material

t. i was doing a thesis on self sensing rubber but then dropped out due to crippling depression
>>
>>16379697
>t. i was doing a thesis on self sensing rubber but then dropped out due to crippling depression
well it sucks that making the rubber self-sensing made it so depressed.
>>
>>16379697
Anon what do you know about the red brick in ancient buildings that isn't breaking for thousand years? vs modern brick that breaks in 20.
>>
>>16378519
graphene is the holy grail of material science
>>
>>16380214
>vs modern brick that breaks in 20.
does it? try better foundation work
>>
>>16378519
> I thought they figured out how to do them.
We didn't. It's still really hard to make nanotubes at all.
>are nanotubes abandoned technology
yeah, most of the people working on them moved to graphene because of the hype
>>16381408
no it isn't. Graphene's claim to fame was that you could make better transistors with conventional semiconductor manufacturing equipment. It's been more than a decade and that hasn't worked out and looks like it'll never work out.
>>
I am afraid we are in the Tao, the phase where the forces of good and evil can only hold an unsteady balance, both gaining power while never allowing true growth for their corrupted, dualistic world.
>>
>>16381408
>>16384145
I've made some graphene-infused body armor by magnetically stirring it into resins and laminating basalt fiber. It's pretty legit in terms of performance gains for the weight at low concentrations.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.