[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3561.jpg (588 KB, 719x1039)
588 KB
588 KB JPG
this is considered college level math in america
>>
Philosocucks will claim this is advanced formal logic.
>>
>>16380005
>write the negation
>has to write the negand
considering the negand a negation is just autism
>>
File: big-lenny-lenny.gif (3.32 MB, 498x280)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB GIF
One of my old buddies from school takes computer science at the community college and regularly asks me for help. His homework kinda looks like that. Then he told me that he would also be able to do what I did at university (particle physics theory) if it weren't boring and he would apply himself because he scored 130 on an IQ test when he has 10 and because CompSci is "easy as fuck".
People who barely pass some undergraduate level math have the worst egos, while people doing actual research seem very chill.
>>
File: Lex Fridman.jpg (1.15 MB, 3726x3726)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>16380036
Looked at the course materials of a friend who was working on a CS degree from Grantham. It was middle school level work. The databases class was a workbook with fill in the blank SQL queries that were mostly variations on simple select queries. At that school, that's a 300 level (junior) course. Looking through the materials from other classes, it was all like that. Basic workbook crap. For this he was given a CS degree just like someone attending MIT would get. It's a good reminder that what school awarded a degree matters quite a bit.
>>
>>16380005
They really ought to teach at least propositional logic in high school; I don't know why there isn't more push to fix this. The closest they usually get is explaining what an inverse, converse, and contrapositive are, and then they only use it to fill in things like "converse of corresponding angles postulate" in two-column proofs.

>>16380036
>People who barely pass some undergraduate level math have the worst egos, while people doing actual research seem very chill.
Indeed, that's because the people doing actual research have to compete with incredibly smart people, whereas people just coasting don't.
>>
>>16380005
bump for dua
>>
>>16380005
>The not-frog is not green.
This is graduate level maths, Fren.
>>
File: 1670085211269315.jpg (185 KB, 690x687)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>16380005

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.