[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726372039308.jpg (1.93 MB, 3840x3840)
1.93 MB
1.93 MB JPG
If /sci/ is so smart then explain this.
>>
>>16381229
Samwitch
>>
>>16381229
For Christians Only! No Jews or Muslim May Partake!
>>
>>16381229
What does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Or science for that matter?
>>
>>16381229
Bread (Toasted)
Mayonaise with herbs
Bacon
Extra bacon
Lettuce
Tomatos
Lettuce
Mayonaise with herbs
Bread (Toasted)
>>
>>16381229
Why is the sammich upside-down?
>>
>>16381229
Let me make a distinction between describing and explaining here. I could describe this sandwich but I can't explain it. I can't explain this sandwich because no problem or question has been presented.
>>
>>16381229
It looks like a sand which has carcinogen and lettuce in between
>>
The tomato is supposed to be touching the mayo so the juices mix with the mayo and soak into the bread instead of running off the sandwich and being wasted. Unless you're a based plate-licker then I guess it doesn't matter.
>>
File: Pepe_Voice_Of_Reason.png (275 KB, 837x744)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>16381229

The Bacon test: Eat a BLT sandwich.
Eating it passes the test.
**NEVER** marry a girl who fails the bacon test.
>>
>>16381229
carbs, lipids, proteins and vitamins packed in a tight, ready-2-munch, portable tool-free package
>>
>>16381323
Only as sick, insane bastard would put mayonnaise on a sandwich like that. It's aioli you fat American.
>>
>>16382504
Now we get to an interesting question
Is it
A) Aioli (But its really just garlic mayonaise)

Or B) Real Aioli

I would bet money its Aioli off the shelf, that is just literal mayo
>>
>>16382504
Also, correct me if I am wrong, eurofriends, but I had thought selling mayonaise under the name "Garlic Aioli" was purely American.

I feel like this guy must be from America or maybe Canada
>>
I hate /sci/ sometimes
>>
>>16382504
The only difference between aioli and mayo is aioli emulsifies with garlic and mayo emulsifies with egg yolk.
Being elitist about varieties of emulsified oil spreads is a pretty European thing to do.
>>
>>16383642
Its literal basil mayo

https://web.archive.org/web/20240612112703/https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/8985-ultimate-blt-sandwich

He is just a massive fucking retard
>>
>>16381229
It is a yummy sandwich
>>
>>16383642
aioli is a mixture of oil and garlic and nothing else
>>
>>16384413
Not wholly true, it just does not have amy eggs and therefore is not mayo
>>
>>16381229
Is that a Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato sandwich?
Wholesome!
>>
>>16381229
The wood is varnished; it's pores are rather well sealed off from absorbing the moisture from the sandwich.
The serviette is bleached pulp from a tree; it's purpose here is not so much structural, but doubly functional; protecting both the finely varnished table and the subject's hands from directly contacting any oils and grimes excreted from the the sauce and the cooked ingredients (includes the bread as well as the tomatoes and miscellaneous meat).
The bread is toasted, it has become stronger yet brittler. In it's strength, it supports likely several hundred grams of organic matter, without being squished or squashed.
The sauce is a classic emulsion of some kind, probably egg based, perhaps with some diary. Emulsions are not yet understood by mainstream science, perhaps a little more by /sci/ (I shall allow someone else to chime in here, be sure to use ** asterisk so we all know where **).
Next appears to be a fine vegetable - the so-called butter lettuce. Delicious and perfect for a multilayered organic edible structure as shown here. Structurally it acts the same as the serviette, interestingly enough, but functionally it provides certain delicious vegetables sugars, and probably lactones of some kind. Yum.
Next, the tomato. Again, not much is known about this mysterious vegetable which science can explain, perhaps /sci/ can shed some light (use ## this time plz). A strange fact is that is seems to soften up when cooked - totally opposite to what happens with the bread and meat... It is quite tasty, and still just structurally sound enough to be stable, but be careful when biting into it, and they can also be slippery (really strange and unexplained vegetable, at least we think, no good theories yet)...
More of the same butter lettuce, of very little structural importance, though it does have a suitable coefficient of friction unlike the non-Newtonian tomato.
Meat. Unfortunately I cannot provide much as I don't know what meat it is.
>>
Bump
>>
File: sandwich alignment.jpg (214 KB, 1200x825)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
>>
>>16381229
damn thats a nice sandwich
>>
>>16385912
What sandwich

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.