[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: whatdasigma.jpg (71 KB, 800x600)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
this whole "quantum mechanics dont make sense with normal physics" stuff i keep hearing about sounds like total baloney. Quantum waves don't collapse into nothin, they just look like one big wave far away, but when you calculate 'n shit you realize it's just a bunch of particles going in a frequency, boneheads.
>>
You're trying to assign physical meaning to a mathematical model of what we observe.

We have no earthly fucking idea what is happening on the attometer scale as two subatomic particles interact - all we know is that when you get down to that scale you're dealing with trillions upon trillions of interactions that we can't possibly hope to model with linear models because these interactions are impossibly nonlinear and nonperturbative.

All we know is that net result of all these interactions produces behaviors that follow a mix of classical particle-like and classical wave-like dynamics that are useful for making accurate predictions.
>>
c0nnected with Eve
>>
>>16382528
gravity is a weak ass force yo. If shit be small from our frame of reference, mang, shouldn't gravity have less of an effect upon said shit? This be my workin theory for why quantum particles be actin' so craycray.
>>
>>16382528
I think this is what the “quantum mechanics is fundamentally intuition-breaking!!1!1” crowd misses. If you think about it in its (intended) abstract sense, there really isn’t anything to be confused about — it’s consistent math that models experimental results. It’s easy to map classical mechanics to our physical intuition as a problem-solving technique, but your understanding should not require physical intuition (and in fact it’s very easy to build an understanding without physical intuition if you approach it not expecting anything)
>>
>>16382518
I blame physicists being too fucking stupid to explain bell's theorem. Now everyone thinks there's nothing weird about quantum physics.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.