[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1613179089669.jpg (32 KB, 500x491)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I was doing a Shapiro Wilk test on temperature measurements for a certain week. The null couldnt be rejected. Then I used distfit library to identify the possible distribution the data comes from. the highest score (lowest residual sum of squares) was for the general extreme distribution. So the data is estimated to come from the genextreme distribution with distfit.

what should I do now? Do I trust the shapiro test or the results from distfit? I looked online for year temperature readings and visualization suggests that temperatures are normally distributed. but also, the general extreme distribution looks like a skewed normal distribution. is city temperature normally distributed?
>>
>>16383474
i forgot to mention that I only have 14 temperature measurements for that week (7 for daytime and 7 for nighttime). These were obtained from the National Weather Service
>>
>>16383474
ignore the shapiro wilk test
>>
>>16383474
You must be new to data analysis to think something is normally distributed.
>>
>>16383474
>visualization suggests
theres your issue mate, either be happy with eyeballing or stop crying about formulas giving you unintuitive results, these 2 approaches are usually exclusive in statistics

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.