[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • Use with [math] tags for inline and [eqn] tags for block equations.
  • Right-click equations to view the source.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Were his overtly sexual psychological theories just schizo ramblings or was he right?
>>
>>16385453
He was lowkey spittin
>>
>>16385453
I think he was mostly on track with his theories, a good estimate for truth but he said everything in a really gross way and was a pretty untrustworthy person. Good theorist, bad practitioner
>>
>>16385453
It was all a projection of his degenerate jewish brain
>>
>>16385585
ah now that i read the early life section it all makes sense
>>
>>16385453
>jew
>right
LMAO
>>
>>16385453
>just schizo ramblings or was he right
Kind of both, but the more direct framing is to imagine what you'd get from a pseudoscientist born in the 1800s who had to figure out why people do weird things.
It's a lot easier to start from a Darwinian perspective where humans are driven by survival and reproduction than to deal in depth with all the various factors of philosophy, religion, sociology, history, etc.
Adler would be the contemporary counterpart who focused more on the humanistic side of psychology than all the instinctual stuff.
>>
jung is more intredesting to (me)
>>
>>16385453
He was really full schizo. If he'd been a gender studies major and SSRIs had never been discovered, psychiatry might be a real /sci/ence.
>>
>>16385453
>schizo ramblings
>>
>>16385453
Some things he got right when it comes to the reasoning why abused people, aka the people who need psychiatric treatment the most, focus so much on genitalia and have unhealthy fixations towards their parents. For the average person it’s nonsense because they have a healthy mental balance
>>
>>16385693
He didnt get anything right. People who grow up in authoritarian households tend to love their parents more
>>
>>16385743
[citation needed]
>>
>>16385453
Anal and oral fixations are based in very traceable mannerisms in people. They were yet unprepared for 'fluidity in sexuality', which could have proven a better basis.
>>
>>16385743
If by “love” you mean “are meek, subservient and servile” then yes, you’d be correct. They otherwise put their parents in home the moment they are adults and have power over them as they get old and infirm
>proof
Empirical evidence from real life experience
>>
Freud is a jew who understood that after the atheist bourgeois revolutions, men and bourgeois women were sex and drug addicts just like him and since women dont work but love to gossip about sex, he figured he could have a little cult around him, composed of whores and bourgeois desperate to hear how sex addiction is the nature of the human psyche framed into a self made and self aggrandizing myth disguised as science to surf on the atheist hype of positivism lol.
100 years later atheists still consider him their guru, since they are still lobotomized sex and drug addicts...
>>
>>16385585
>>16385615
you will never have an ethnostate.
>>
>>16385453
He was talking about his own fucked up jewish psyche and overemphasizing the negatives.
>>
>>16386854
SAAAAAAR
>>
>>16385453
He's a jew, so he delighted in being infuriatingly and confusingly correct.
>>
>>16385453
I think the iceberg comparison was onto something but I suspect his personal beliefs and motives fueled his work.
>>
>>16385453
I am realizing his analysis of defense mechanisms was genius. Does some of psychoanalysis have real scientific method based backing? How do I separate the bullshit psychology from the stuff that could save my life?
>>
>>16385775
You were the parent or the child?
>>
>>16385743
Nah it has to do with structure. If punishment and reward coincide with the proper structure of higher social realities than the parents are seen as doing a good job. When punishment and reward are totally incongruent with that then they've created demented offspring who understandably dislike many things including their parents.
>>
>>16385453
Oedipus Complex is straight fire.
>Grow up hating your dad, only to become just like him, end up marrying someone just like your loving mommy.
>>
File: 1726421097156735.jpg (135 KB, 1024x1024)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>16385453
I don't know I'm not sure he was 100% correct about everything I think alot of his ideas were more presumptive rather then empirical.

Not to say he wasn't totally wrong but definitely not right ethier if I had a measuring device that could predict the accuracy of his work I'd say about 40% was correct
>>
>>16385453
Anatomy is destiny.
>>
File: T175530642.661.jpg (35 KB, 512x512)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>16388841
I don't know I'm not sure anon was 100% correct about Freud I think alot of his ideas were more presumptive rather then empirical.

Not to say he wasn't totally wrong but definitely not right ethier if I had a measuring device that could predict the accuracy of his work I'd say about 0% was correct
>>
>>16385472
His theory consists on "We have 3 souls". Complete nonsense. Pavlov contributed a lot fucking more to psychology with his "Neuron Activation" model than this hack.
>>
>>16385775
>Being a retarded american is empirical evidence
My parents loved me and I am 100% loyal to them. My mother coddled me and I treat her as an equal rather than what she expects like a superior in a position of power. None of this has to do with freud bullshit. If you treat people well they will like you, whodathunkit?
>>
>>16385743
I love both my parents but one thing that would get me pissed about my father was any kind of perceived unfairness. Like, i would not accept any punishment or blame for something i didnt do. It was just a strong instinct of mine, otherwise i was happy at being the goodest son
>>
>>16385453
It's not one or the other.
>>
>>16385453
Freud's major problem was he only studied the mentally ill, without developing a baseline for comparison by studying healthy minds as well.
>>
>>16385453
The existence of sibling incest disproves Freud. If siblings compete with each other to fuck their parents, how does Freud explain it when the siblings fuck each other? The answer: he doesn't.
>>
>>16391293
Medicine is about merchain illness never about healthy life.
Never cure, just find treatment for recurrent sold.
>>
>>16385453
He was just overly coked sodomite, who achieved being published and accepted.

Sexuality is quite different nowadays, then back then, so it would say maybe it made sense, but no longer does.
>>
>>16385585
this
>>
>>16385453
he analyzed himself and uncovered his own degeneracy, then he projected his degeneracy onto decent white folks
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bPcgoaZjsu8
>>
>>16385453
He was right and anyone who says otherwise is either can't introspect or are lying to themselves.
>>
>>16385585
this desu. everything human is psychological, even psychology
>>
>>16385453
>Implying schizo ramblings aren't right
>>
>>16386854
Humans don't need an ethnostate without constant demonic subversion, I'm pretty sure humans would be able to get along fine and reverse racism to levels of ethnic rivalry at the worst.
>>
It resonates with people but religion resonates with people too. Ultimately it's unfalsifiable so I think it's nothing more than novelty
>>
>>16385453
look around and you'll see he was right but since his thoughts didn't follow the scientific method people don't check as much anymore

jung was also a freak with schizo ramblings, but at least that one had something other than sex in his mind

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.