[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: dark energy.png (159 KB, 2000x2000)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
Why, exactly, do scientists believe this shit makes up the vast majority of the energy in the universe when it's completely undetectable by any means known to man? So far the only "evidence" for it I've found is scientists are completely incapable of explaining the expansion of the universe without it. Is there more?
>>
File: logic.jpg (210 KB, 1080x1239)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>16386132
This image has literally never been refuted
>>
File: 358.jpg (11 KB, 225x225)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>16386132
Dark matter is what's left over from galaxies ravaged by alien civilizations that reached a technological singularity.
>>
>>16386132
>scientists
First of all, it's cosmologists.
Second of all, it's either assuming "dark matter/energy" or acknowleding the physics as we know them here in Earth is not what is going on out there, in which case nobody then actually have any clue what is going on out there.
That's a prospect too inconvenient for people to care to admit.
>>
>>16386145
Is not that simple at all. There is far less dark matter in young galaxies and there is also far less dark matter in far away galaxies. Is not as simple as just adding some numbers to fix equations.
>>
>>16386145
>calculations
>doesn't show the other calculations where the 3 came from
>>
>>16386370
sometimes I wonder if space is dark so we dont see whats lurking in it.
>>
>>16386132
it's the dumbest shit
of all the things that could cause some unknown galactic effect, why "matter?" why pick the one thing we can literally always observe lmao
>>
What would happen if you grabbed a bottle of dark matter and put it in the microwave?
>>
>>16386132
my theory is that there are multiple "layers" or "dimensions" if you will that we can detect the presence of on large scales but that we can't interact with.
>>
>>16386132
it's no different than the "aether" or other artifacts of how science understood the world before a deeper, more accurate model was discovered.
>>
>>16389080
they only disproved lumineferous aether! it's possible aether is real but just doesn't interact with the EM spectrum

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.