[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: image.png (140 KB, 1024x636)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
How do LLMs impact science?
>>
Mostly by transmuting sand and oil into word vomit.
>>
>>16386295
Oh yeah?
>>
Another funny consequence has been in the job market where employers started requiring cover letters once they were able to use LLMs to read and summarize them. In response, candidates are using LLMs to write cover letters for them. And everyone wonders why the job hiring process is so broken.
>>
>>16386283
Efficiency of research

Every chem lab is going to use it to calculate shit and what not

Basically EMH but applied to all shit we know
>>
>>16386451
AI powered bullshit accordion.
>>
>>16386283
I recently managed to shave my paper down by 1 page to fit the conference page limit by using chatGPT to rephrase paragraphs.
That's pretty much all it's good for right now
>>
>>16387623
He didn't ask undergrads
>>
>>16387961
what field are you in that it's normal for undergrads to submit conference papers or are you just a neet looking to dunk on someone on a subject you have no experience in
>>
Large language models (LLMs) are revolutionizing scientific research by enabling researchers to delve deeper into vast datasets, weaving a rich tapestry of insights across disciplines. Their robust analytical capabilities help demystify complex concepts, making advanced knowledge more accessible to a broader audience. As LLMs continue to evolve, their impact will significantly shape the future landscape of scientific inquiry.
>>
File: 1726631525319927.jpg (19 KB, 346x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
I'm tired of the AI meme.
>>
>>16388862
>Obvious larper pretending to be chatgpt
You're not fooling anyone
>>
>>16388811
Machine learning
>>
>>16388991
>>
>>16389007
Clearly shopped.
Humans will never be able to pass for machines.
>>
>>16389112
I agree. Humans will never pass the Gnirut Test.
>>
>>16389112
Clearly YWNBAW.
Men will never be able to pass for women
https://chatgpt.com/share/66ed3e64-400c-8004-bffa-9d57a457656c

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.