[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726674619239322.png (68 KB, 306x306)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
Cheating aside isnt it basically impossible to fail at at mathmatics now with tools like chatgpt? Its an impossibly perfect tutor that isnt constrained by time or energy. The main reason i sucked at math in school is because i was scared of annoying my teacher with
too many questions that were potentially retarded. With chatgpt all of this is irrelevant because it doesnt judge you.
>>
itll just copy paste code for you with numpy or something
>>
File: file.png (61 KB, 1171x419)
61 KB
61 KB PNG
I asked o1 to prove that tan(1°) is irrational
>>
>>16386881
Anon, half of the time ChatGPT will just hallucinate something out of its digital asshole and present it to you as a fact.
>>
>>16386881
Right now it’s one of those things where it can be helpful but only if you’re not totally ignorant about what you’re asking it. I posted an image from a set theory book about Hilbert’s Hotel, and it actually gave a great answer. There were some minor mistakes but the overall idea was there. I have asked it other things where I don’t necessarily use the answer that it provided but it gets me started towards the right approach for solving a problem.
>>
currently gpt is just google 2.0
it just meshes top results into one output
>>
>>16386881
if failing math is a serious concern for someone I doubt they know how to use or what chatgpt is.
>>16386922
also this. ask it to list all the days in the year but exclude even number days, tuesdays, and every other sunday. realize even a mole person could get the right answer.
>>
>>16386881
Chatgpt sucks at chemistry or mathematics, it cant solve physics problems either. However given how good it is at coding it might just be an issue of lack of exposure of the models, maybe they should be fed a few million books on math, physics and chemistry
>>
Gpt sucks though
>>
>>16386881
School isn’t needed now because of ChatGPT
>>
>>16388881
Because it has no intuition it’s a language model basically a vci cel
>>
>>16386881
people also cant visit wikipedia for simple numbers and prefer to stick to their biases and what criminals and rich people tell them in the news.
we have all knowledge in our pocket and are on the way to get cavemen again.
just look at the pictures we make. 1000 a day and is never watched again.
in the 80s you brought to film rolls with you in holiday and only took a pic when there was reason for it.
they all got watched over and over again.
long story short, tech isnt doing what its supposed to do.
and why? because we are retarded apes and dont deserve any better.
what, you dont want to put a smartphone into the hand of an 8-year yet? hes being marginalized!!!1234
its better if he needs medication at 10 and cant understand basic math because he cant concentrate.

>too many questions that were potentially retarded.
and at home? nothing, correct? you did nothing to answer them.
because you didnt gave a shit.
>>
>>16386922
>Anon, half of the time ChatGPT will just hallucinate something out of its digital asshole and present it to you as a fact.

THIS

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.