[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714263499073690.png (607 KB, 976x850)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
Why do you guys love math so much?
>>
fun hobby
>>
>>16388274
What's fun about it
>>
>>16388260
I care about truth and math is the most truthful
>>
>>16388260
because it leaves no room for manipulation by emotionalizing retards.
>>
>>16388298
it helps me make sense of the world at different levels of abstraction and helps maintain my sanity when everyone around me is losing their mind
>>
>>16388260
I'm a frog zapper and math is the most attractive emission.
>>
I do it out of habit at this point
Can't remember why I liked it back in first grade
>>
>>16388260
My math teachers were usually spunky 30 year old women with large bosoms.
>>
>>16388315
Sure, its not like you can just add some dark number at the beginning and end of the count and base a bunch of explosive bullshit math around those values.
>>
File: EvilPepe.jpg (3 KB, 125x125)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>16388701
>My math teachers were usually spunky 30 year old women with large bosoms.
>>
>>16388260
Perversion.
Really, there is no other rational explanation.
I fap to equations and shit.
>>
>>16388830
i
whoops
>>
Because we're good at it, and it feeds our ego

We love knowing we're good at something that 90% of the population sucks at
>>
>>16388260
What else is there?
>>
>>16388260
mucho moneys
>>
>>16389119
Have you heard of girls?
>>
>>16388260
A lot of reasons. It is one of the few domains where things mean exactly what they say. I enjoy the lack of ambiguity in statements.

It is a way to organize and unify thoughts, its a way to bring clarity to scattered ideas. It is a way to explore your own mind and ideas in a consistent way, the notation allows you to perform greater calculations.

It is fun like solving puzzles. It shows you patterns that underly almost everything. Its a hobby that doesn't hurt anyone. And it is something that will always be there, even if you lose everything else you still have this platonic realm to explore. Also as far as hobbies go it has one of the longest traditions and it is cool being able to ponder and work with the same ideas as ancients did hundreds and thousands of years ago

Basically it's good for if you're an idea guy because it helps you express your ideas and write them out concisely.
>>
It was the STEM subject I was best at while I sucked at my physics classes.
>>
>>16388260
it's actual real wizard magic that you can learn at home
>>
It's the only honest intellectual field there is and I like that.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.