[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/sci/ - Science & Math

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mensa.png (105 KB, 1200x1200)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
got so tired of all the iq fags and self testing bullshit and decided to finally try a real and legit one so scheduled for mensa. and what do you know im in top 1% of iq

what now faggots
>>
>what now faggots
Now I laugh at you for failing the idiot test and paying the test fee and membership fee for Mensa which effectively does nothing but prove you're a tool.
>>
>>16391534
it gives physical proof im smarter than any psychiatrist and psychologist fag
>>
>>16391531
vinergar based nam nam
>>
>>16391527
Damn, I wish I were as smart as you are. What does it feel being so smart?
>>
>>16391527
What now? I guess, now that you’ve been identified, it’s their move. Probably just sell your personal info to advertisers.
>>
>>16391547
i learn stuff very fast. im in university and basically i get to do all homework and projects without even going to lecture if i do go to lecture i understand the material instantly very obvious while i notice my collegemates seem to need a lot of time to process write it out and reason through it. i hardly need to write notes only when i write solutions.

the negative thing is i feel very alone and isolated. i also have become lazy (just doing the bare minimum and doing whatnot in my free time) it’s hard to bond with people over homework problems as i just solve it fast and when i try to explain the solution they seem to be amazed/or need a lot of time to process it. im in engineering. had two math classes where i didnt go to a single lecture just did the required homework and got a B in both exams
>>
>>16391527
Is that your FSIQ retard or fluid or vci quit larping

Real high Iq people don’t join societies unless it is their only trait
>>
>>16391569
its fluid the test is similar to raven mastrices
>>
A smart person would have saved their money and just had their mom write a note saying "You're a very special boy." to put on their fridge.
>>
>>16391554
Study math.
>>
>>16391594
nah im not that smart. i know a couple people studying math who have been to olympiads and are not worried about job prispects. my plan is to be lazy and have a job secure education
>>
>>16391554
>engineering
wasted
should have helped build AI, now you'll be designing door hinges for the rest of your life
enjoy
>>
>>16391599
>nah im not that smart
My IQ is much lower than yours (128) and I have no trouble with studying math.
>>
>>16391631
there's no trouble in studying math, the point is are you going to get a good secure job that's not a teaching position? besides, if you gonna study math you should be at a level that would make you have groundbreaking discoveries like gauss, euler, or newton or abel. studying math with sub 140 iq is useless and a waste of time
>>
>>16391635
>the point is are you going to get a good secure job that's not a teaching position?
Already did.
>besides, if you gonna study math you should be at a level that would make you have groundbreaking discoveries like gauss, euler, or newton or abel
Why?
>studying math with sub 140 iq is useless and a waste of time
Why?
>>
>>16391637
>Already did
what job
>Why?
simple cost benefit analysis. too much cost for little benefit (understanding obscure math theorems that only a handful thousand in the world knows)
>Why?
cost benefit analysis sub140 iq invests more time with less returns because their brains are too weak to make anymore creative connections to other math fields, or too learn more math in the same amount of time

well if you get a lot of dopamine hits by studying math, if math becomes crack then that can justify it but that would isolate you out and make you a math autist antisocial weirdo
>>
>>16391527
How much are the dues these days?
Also, Mensa is top 2%, moron.
>>
File: 1723907870584641.jpg (1.55 MB, 2150x3035)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>16391527
Do you look like this? If so, would you be willing to have babies with a midwit? I may be a midwit (in the colloquial sense), but if I rub my last two brain cells (too much whippet abuse) together really fast I can obtain an IQ of 6 gorillion if only momentarily. Of course, the heat generated from doing so gives me a headache, so I'd need to lay my head on your cool lap afterwards.
>>16391631
I have an IQ of 71--I'm edging retardation--and I study Maths :3
>>
>>16391643
>what job
Code monkey in finance.
>simple cost benefit analysis. too much cost for little benefit (understanding obscure math theorems that only a handful thousand in the world knows)
It's a challenge, it's fun, it makes you think in new ways and reveals true things about the world. What the fuck does it matter if only a few people know about them?
>>
>>16391708
I'm sorry to burst your bubble but whoever told you your IQ is 71 lied to you.
>>
>>16391635
You really only need to be like 130+ to contribute to mathematics. The average math professor is in the 130-135 range and this includes many who produce research. Past a certain point higher IQ has diminishing returns in terms of research success and securing tenure. You're literally better off being more likeable than just some asshole sperg if you want an academic job trust me.
>>
>>16391695
i know but they give a score. i got iq >= 135 which is top 1% or more
>>
>>16391708
im a guy
>>16391720
yeah "to contribute" which means writing some hard fuckass math paper with tons of hours poured in just to improve some tiny bound or some weird useless lemma of another theorem in some weird theory branch of math that only maybe a hundred people at a time understand with minimal impact other than just expanding on some obscure mathematical system.

this is what i mean by the cost outweighs the benefits unless you're some math sperg. math is not the only thing im interested in. im interested in having some time for family, other topics on the side, and a stable job. also top academic positions are a bloodbath to get requriing As in all courses and international research experience at a uni ranked higher than the local uni you want to be a professor in. it's not worth it plain simple.

>It's a challenge, it's fun,
it's masochism.
>>
File: Mensa.jpg (175 KB, 1140x641)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>16391527
No you didn't. You're a sad, lonely troll trying to stir up shit. You gave away the biggest tell: you spelled Mensa in all caps in your title. Anyone who is actually involved with Mensa knows it's not an acronym and is only shown in all caps on a few pieces of marketing material, where it is also sometimes shown in all lowercase or mixed case. For some reason trolls just can't help themselves and always put in all caps when stirring up shit. Perhaps because they think it looks arrogant that way. And I notice you later did the zoom zoom thing of just completely doing away with all rules of capitalization. Mensa members, even Zoomer members, don't find basic rules of capitalization and punctuation to be intellectually taxing.
Mensa is a gaming club for people who want to game in peace without attention whoring trolls ruining everything by making everything about them. They truly want to play games. They're not there to flail about, screaming for everyone to look at them. They're not there to show off how smart they are (something much easier to do if you join a club full of normies and midwits instead of a high IQ society); they're there to get away from the attention whores who ruin everything. They're there to get away from people like OP and that people like OP keep seethe posting these threads over and over again shows that the people in Mensa are right to have separated themselves away from people like OP who just can't help attention whoring their feelings of inadequacy.
OP is false flagging in an attempt to create resentment amongst others like him who wish they could get into the organization so they could use it for attention whoring instead of as a social outlet for those tired of dealing with people like OP. It's funny that he created an implied insult to everyone on /sci/ by saying most posters would be stupid enough to fall for this variant of Bio-Leninism.
>>
There is only one person in the world that I would care to see do an IQ test and that's Trump. He makes the claim he has the highest IQ out of many popular, previous (and current) presidents but he has yet to actually take an IQ test. He won't even let his old school release his SAT scores to help give an estimate to what they could be and instead threatened to sue them if they ever did.

The average IQ of convicted felons is around 92, which is a lot lower to his estimated 156.
>>
>>16391724
>yeah "to contribute" which means writing some hard fuckass math paper with tons of hours poured in just to improve some tiny bound or some weird useless lemma of another theorem in some weird theory branch of math that only maybe a hundred people at a time understand with minimal impact other than just expanding on some obscure mathematical system.

That's basically all modern research now though. It's basically near impossible to write a paper by yourself that's groundbreaking. All the low hanging fruit has been picked and you basically have to specialize in some niche or a few. I understand if it's not for you but we are way past the stage of Gauss and Euler. Even Cedric Villani or Tao or Perleman are like this, they basically just solved the correct reduction of some larger problem and "published" the solution but they are standing on many others work.

>this is what i mean by the cost outweighs the benefits unless you're some math sperg. math is not the only thing im interested in. im interested in having some time for family, other topics on the side, and a stable job.
okay, fair enough.

>also top academic positions are a bloodbath to get requriing As in all courses and international research experience at a uni ranked higher than the local uni you want to be a professor in. it's not worth it plain simple.

What exactly do you mean? Like being a professor at Harvard? Why does it even matter? I can name multiple experts in many fields who are not at ivy league colleges or the most top ranked institutions. The name of your school really doesn't matter in the long run, you can still produce highly quality research at tier 2 institutions. Nothing is stopping you from collaborating or networking with people from Princeton or Harvard if you have the ideas either.
>>
>>16391570
Then that’s just 2 sub tests combined not your pri retard take wais iv then talk fucking larp
>>
>>16391755
Arp
>>
>>16391755
lol 1% iq isn't that rare to larp about. cope being sub 120 iq
>>
File: IMG_1011.jpg (344 KB, 1290x1454)
344 KB
344 KB JPG
>>16391786
I know the truth you don’t know shit about Iq and tests and the g factor

Btw

Thanks for assuming I’m 120 FSIQ I’m 100
>>
File: AAAAAHAHHHAHAHA.jpg (382 KB, 2544x4000)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>16391802
>so my VIQ is the same as a homeless person

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA BRO IT'S SO OVER FOR YOU. RIP, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BRO AHHAHAHAHAHAH. MAYBE YOU CAN BE A PLUMBER
>>
File: 1717055568388.jpg (50 KB, 643x360)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>16391721
Kek. Nope you just got busted by a guy in the top 0.1% (150 IQ). And I was in Mensa too.
When I was 10.
>>
>>16391806
nigga now that's a larp
>>
>>16391808
Oh, don't worry. I'm barely functional. Being a meta-genius takes it's toll.
Nothing that you'll ever know.
>>
File: 20240922_012221.jpg (1.95 MB, 4000x2252)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB JPG
>>16391527
Welcome to the club faggot
>>
>>16391818
bro that's so gay. it's like showing to other people we are in a faggot club
>>
>>16391537
it only proves you're a shallow narcissist like all other members of mensa. iq tests were only designed to categorize retards in the military so you'd know which ones you had to avoid assigning responsibility to. imagine having a club centered around the score you got on the retard-detecting examination.
>>
>>16391824
This and it correlates with job performance at .55 g loading

This Mensa is a fucking retard this entire post is a mental masturbation
>>
>>16391824
iq positively correlates to health, academic performance, and income. it's one of the best measurements of an individual's intelligence/genius (all genius in past history has had very high iqs). keep coping sub 120 iq, you're not part of the fag club
>>
>>16391829
>This Mensa is a fucking retard
you have 85 verbal knowledge iq. in english, you're functionally a retard. or as you put it, in the same position as a homeless person
>>
File: 1718508428879967.gif (615 KB, 326x316)
615 KB
615 KB GIF
>>
>>16391831
>all genius in past history has had very high iqs
wrong, we didn't have iq tests before in history. maybe a math genius had 80 iq we don't know
>>
File: 1718508511678947.gif (376 KB, 326x316)
376 KB
376 KB GIF
>>
File: 1420844648831.jpg (56 KB, 600x450)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>
File: trap.jpg (95 KB, 707x999)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>16391841
>>
What do you even do as a member in Mensa?

>>16391726 says its a gaming club
>>
>>16391832
I still know the g factor nigger
>>
>>16391860
Wallet guy here :

On the paper is "participate in cultural and social activities".
But the final aim is mostly do some networking for job/business.
>>
>>16391872
>I still know the g factor nigger
nigger using 70% of your brain verbal capacity to understand g factor and IQ is pretty retarded. you should at least use that 70% in understanding plumbing and how to decongest shit-filled tubes. at least, you can contribute something that way. let the intellectual elites do the thinking
>>
>>16391878
>networking for job/business
In other words, board games and orgies.
>>
>>16391879
average plumber is 115

i doubt a 97-100 FSIQ person can understand and conceptualize the g factor

you know very little about intelligence

it shows nigger im smarter just admit it
>>
>>16391832
no i function normal quit jumping to shit

its my analysis

average negro is 85 iq and on welfare
>>
>>16392032

>pov my dad is a psychiatrist making 600k a year and im a neet trading his money with algorithms i made with measuring lag and finding price inefficiencies through fluid iq 107 that nobody else did
>>
>>16391527
It's a scam, so you pay their membership, if you use your iq you will realise I am correct.

Anyways I don't check this board so don't reply.
>>
File: 1641862085555.gif (66 KB, 165x115)
66 KB
66 KB GIF
>>16392038
>>
>>16391708
I am 98IQ according mensa norway online test and I also study math. I am borderline retarded like I it takes me 5mins to read single page of a novel, and after reading for like 10 mins I think about my retarded environement. In a year I will finish my bachelors degree and go study computer engineering since I figured out I need stable job prospects in some comfy office, and also I am only interested topology, category theory, foundations of math, and philosophy of math.
>>
>>16391708
>math
>s
>IQ 71
fits the bill
>>
>>16391726
>Mensa is a gaming club for people who want to game in peace without attention whoring trolls ruining everything by making everything about them
ok maybe I wanna join now
>>
>>16391527
Nothing too impressive. I have above 145 IQ and enough psychotic ability to invent entirely new fields of knowledge. Im literally singlehandedly fixing your guys gay ass issues for like the next epoch or whatever. If procrastination doesnt get the better of me, yes its pretty bad, Ill solve societies issues that they didnt even knew they had (well they knew tangentially) and reinterpret the whole of reality in a new and as you probably will learn, productive way. Genius really is buried between autism and schizophrenia and you guys cant even imagine what life is like being such a snowflake retard. I have been gifted and cursed
>>
>>16392105
proof or gtfo lol youre just another narcissist iq larper
>>
>>16392115
not gonna post my stuff in your shithole
dont need your validation either

Lets just put it this way: By saying some things I said, I changed public discourse worldwide already. Im not as obvious, or as lame as your classical fags.
>>
>>16392141
so youre a neet
>>
>>16392158
ye
>>
>>16392158
and Im living in your head, rent free
>>
File: 1698195882398.gif (1.42 MB, 256x320)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB GIF
>>16392141
>By saying some things I said, I changed public discourse worldwide already
>Anon was the first one to start the Free Playstation movement
This anon was the one who made calling out the Jews palatable for normalfags. Zased, so fvkin Zased. I kneel.
>>
>>16392172
I'm going to forget about you tomorrow
>>
>>16391527
I have a top 1% WISC score, I probably will never join mensa even though I wouldn't have to do anything to join. I'd rather join a political organization or start my own.
>>
>>16391527
>AMA
Yeah do you have to bring your own stick up the ass or do they provide that for you?
>>
>>16391527
Why is god real (you won't give an atheist answer because you're a mensa)
>>
>>16391815
takes it's toll
>>
Is offical test any different then their online tests, such as mensa dk? If yes, what's the difference?
Congrats on your talent, if not trolling
>>
>>16391554
i think you have low quant reasoning

you are probably white
>>
File: 1700131270084.png (87 KB, 733x380)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
>>16391527
>Welcome to Mensa anon, thanks for using your big brain to pay us!
>>
>>16391643
how do i get dopamine hits from doing maths please help i need this for the rest of my life
>>
>>16391527
It doesn't matter what your IQ is if you believe bullshit, such as people walking on the moon, gas pressure next to a vacuum, propulsion through a vacuum, curvature you can't see, motion you can't measure, etc.
>>
>>16391527
put the fries in the bag bro + MENSA gay button ---->
>>
Does this shit even help you get jobs? can you ask the members if they're hiring?
>>
>>16391537
If you even have your test results on physical media it only proves that somebody certified that you achieved a certain test score once.

A test score significantly more than one in hundred psychiatrists and psychologists can beat. Since you are in 1% of the general population, which includes niggers, convicts, women, drug users, the homeless, niggers, fat people, old people and the mentaly infirm.
>>
>>16391527
I've never understood the appeal.
What benefit is there, if any, in joining such an organization?
>>
>>16391631
My iq is even lower (117) and i feel intellectually disabled. I even got on disability hehehe
>>
>>16397079
>I've never understood
yeah, that pretty much explains it
look at it as a containment board in reverse
>>
>>16394108
Online mensa tests can be deflated even.
>>
>>16391804
average iq for a plumber is 115 retard
>>
>>16397175
that's a lie you need to be below 93 to get disability
>>16398435
nope they're all over the place
>>
>>16391539
>nam nam
I hope you die a terrible death
>>
>>16391527
Nice dude. Isn't that the same club Mandelbaur was in?
>>
>>16399103
>nope they're all over the place
Mensa ones seem precise. Do you recommend a particular one?
>>
>>16399101
maybe i should be a plumber... it still seems really complicated
>>
>>16391605
lmao this literally happened to a friend of mine with a similar backstory. He got out of it last year and now designs locks.
>>
Friend's mom is in Mensa. She took me to two meetings they organized and it was such a beautiful fucking shitshow. Many people there don't keep themselves clean. Really bad smell all over the place. They mostly have ZERO social skills. One occasion was we went to CERN and the guide asked about our backgrounds. One woman raised her hand (she was the stinkiest one, works in retail):
>We're all highly gifted so you can speak on the highest level to us
Fucking lol.
Other occasion was an observatory. I got to meet Peter Scholze and his wife there, so that's a plus (he's not in Mensa though, just a guest). Both really sociable and both interesting and interested people. I talked to him about Mochizuki and his trips to Japan. Well, there we are in the observatory, and the physicist asks whether anyone knows how to handle a telescope. Kid of 14 or so years instantly rises up and is asked to find the moon. He totally randomly turns the knobs and gears and it's clear he has absolutely no clue about what he's doing. Then, after half a minute of watching his fidgeting he goes
>So, this should suffice.
with the smuggest of faces I have ever seen in my live. Physicist guide was completely stunned and didn't know how to react at all.

tl;dr: Mensa is for the retards and socially inept looking for like-minded tards.

Bonus: they have a magazine that is absolutely fucking hilarious, especially the dating section. I'm at a conference right now, otherwise I'd post pics.
>>
>>16399752
That sounds about right.
>>
>>16399752
Is Peter Scholze's wife white? I also heard she died.
>>
>>16391527
Now when you suck your own dick you’re also sucking the dick of a genius!
>>
>>16399752
I want to see that dating section, anon.
Please show us.
>>
Yeah, I joined Mensa in 2023. It's cool. I'm in the top 0.1% of IQ, though. AMA.
>>
>>16399752
European Mensa is for retarded freaks, yes. Something about the European mind cannot make good use of high IQ. OP, are you American? I need to know if I should write off this thread or not.
>>
>>16399752
No fucking way I was interviewing peter scholze with his wife at his home in my dream but I had no idea he had one so I think my subconscious correctly predicted it
>>
>>16399706
Too many shit that can go wrong no thanks
>>
>>16400681
Do you know many subjects or only one mastered
>>
The reason why OP took MENSA to begin with was simply because he realized that he was much smarter than everyone else around him. For example, professors’ explanations make sense and he can understand the points they’re trying to make even before they make them, while the others in the class seem to struggle with it or just blankly listen with no indication that they get it at all. To a high-IQ the rest of humanity seems like barely sentient animals, it’s quite frustrating.
>>
>>16391527
What's 2+2?
>>
>>16402710
I know many subjects but only have 2 mastered

The skills that I know that make me 100k+ a year USD I am actually not a master at, just intermediate level (but I'm getting there)

I'm mostly an extraordinarily gifted dilettante outside of a few domains
>>
File: 1697916014222579.gif (3.06 MB, 256x193)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB GIF
>>16402780
>reddit spacing
>top 0.1% of IQ
>>
>>16404356
it makes it easier to read
>>
>>16402780
what subjects anon

don't say bio and fitness
>>
>>16392105
Just invent some kick-ass battery and you'll rule the world
>>
>>16404441
Newfag
>>
>>16404516
dude get real everyone is a crossposter and a newfag now

reddit spacing is also easier to read

get. with. the. times. grandpa.
>>
>>16404443
I don't really want to say because you'd probably be able to dox me
its nothing super important, just a few competitive domains which are heavily dependent on g
>>
>>16404524
>reddit spacing is also easier to read
newfag
That's not what the reddit spacing meme is about.
>>
>>16404527
So math and physics
>>
>>16404516
I’ve been Channing since 2018 retard
>>
>>16405253
Cancer even.
>>
>>16405253
I've been here when /sci/ was actually good.
>>
>>16391554
anon, not going to lectures is the normal university experience.
how much do you drink?
If you're not piss drunk at least 5/7 nights, what you're doing isn't anything impressive.
>>
>>16391527
Congrats, anon.
>>
>>16406841
why are you congratulating him on something thats innate?

congratulate >>16400681
he didnt make a thread about it kek
>>
18 whole questions! Wow that's certainly a proper an comprehensive filter of intelligence. I won't disabuse you from joining as POWER COMES FROM ALLIANCES AND OWNING SERVANTS. Be wary that every social club has parasites.

A top score! Excellent! You could achieve a high IQ score if you took a Mensa Supervised IQ test.

There are a variety of reasons why people take the IQ test, many are simply curious or want to challenge themselves, others do so for university applications or CVs, as a high IQ can be beneficial, it can make you stand out as a candidate. Many of those that take the test are pleasantly surprised by their IQ score.

If you would like to obtain an accurate IQ score please click to book a - Mensa Supervised IQ test at a test centre near you.

Those that achieve an IQ score in the top 2% will be offered Mensa membership. Mensa members benefit from an exceptional programme of intellectual and social events, the informative monthly Mensa Magazine, over 100 Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to join and access to the members area of the website.

A few other benefits of being a Mensa Member that have not been mentioned: Gatherings: The last annual gathering was 5 days, and for $119 (if you registered early) you got:

5 days of speakers about everything from genetics to comic books

13 meals over 5 days

Hospitality including unlimited soda, coffee, tea, milk, beer or wine. The cider went pretty fast. There was always bread, hot dogs, peanut butter, tuna, chips, candy, cookies out.

24 hour game room with hundreds of games and people to play against.

Thermal coffee mug On average, there are 3 -5 smaller regional gatherings each month that run from 2 to 4 days each.

Local Events: my local group has 3 weekly events, and another 6 monthly events, plus dozens of occasional events each year. All of these are free once you are a member.

Discounts: % off goods and services, admittedly, this is the same level of discounts that a LOT of organizations offer.
>>
>>16391527
Ah holy shit I know if I take this test I'm going to score the same as a normy. Every time I take one of these practice tests I get 115, so it's probably that. Enjoy your slaw.
>>
>>16391527
>says he has high IQ
>talks like trailer park trash
Hmm curious what OP meant by this.
>>
>>16407194
thats how i feel
>>
>>16391554
Everything about this, sounds like you are setting yourself up to become a morally corrupt human.

Smart people are more dangerous about that, than stupid people.

If you, as a smart fuck, become morally corrupt, you have a higher impact of detriment to society.

You better start to learn how to properly help others, Jack.
Because I am only on this planet, to help God figure out how to upgrade Hell.
Infinite time burning doesn't dissuade you people.
I am going to make Hell far worse.
I am going to remember you.

You better make sure you don't meet me in person.
>>
>>16391554
Higher education is an absolute joke in the modern world.
You're painfully average and will soon realize it.
>>
>>16408166
>Smart people are more dangerous about that, than stupid people.
Hardly. In Africa people set others they don't like on fire. I doubt the method or IQ is relevant in what way someone can harm you, if they have power over you in *any* form.
>>
Does Mensa membership work for padding the resume? I feel like for people who know what it's like, it wouldn't mean much, but for some random woman in HR it might? That could make it worth the fee.
>>
>>16412473
No, do not ever put it on your resume.
>>
>>16391831
wasnt there a study showing that midwits on average earn more due to their ability to not get stuck in analysis paralysis? let alone other factors prevalent in certain industries such as nepotism and policies that favor certain demographics? ive known some wicked smarht people who consciously decide that the societal perception of success is flawed due to its overall impact on the people in the parameter? It also gave credence to the idea that high IQ people who strive for success are usually prone to psychopathy/narcissism which when masked well can carry you far up the corporate ladder.

tl;dr truly intelligent people dont want power over others. see: uncle ted, tesla, etc.
>>
File: 1728386732783.jpg (14 KB, 255x247)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Mensa is for midwits. Lmao, 130 is reddit tier.
>>
>>16407129
>24 hour game room with hundreds of games and people to play against.
Why do they waste so much time on playing games? Why aren't they solving the problems of humanity? They've been given a gift and they squander it on Settlers of Catan.
>>
>>16391724
Based realist.
>>
I worked with a woman who I later learned worked on some of the testing for Mensa and also worked on the puzzle books they sell. She never mentioned it once, and was a really nice normal person (apart from being a C++ developer). They clearly aren't all bad, but I'm guessing anyone who cares enough to tell you they're in Mensa should be avoided.
>>
>>16391527
What happens when the membership expires? Do they make you take the test again?
>>
>>16416503
You get a certificate saying you're dumb
>>
>>16391554
this doesn't mean you're high IQ it means you're a fucking autist
>>
>>16416503
No you just pay to renew it
>>16416469
100%
Anyone who tells you theyre in Mensa unprompted is a total fucking loser
t. 99.9th percentile mensa member.
>>
>>16416538
So are you in the Triple-Nine club as well?
>>
>>16416553
No I didn't join that one. I might soon though. It's highly obscure and also very tiny so I didn't see the point.
>>
>>16391605
door hinges and boilers are cooler than AI
>>
How does it feel to be of average intelligence and to use it on flipping patties?
>>
>>16416503
You stop being a member. You can be reinstated by paying the current membership dues. A weird wrinkle is that you can have your membership gap erased by paying all of the dues you would have paid during the gap. I have no idea why anyone would do this as there doesn't appear to be any benefit to having been a continuous member.
>>16416538
In my experience, most people in Mensa rarely mention it and the few who do go around bragging about it are never actual members. If pressed for proof, they'll eventually admit they're not a member but "I could be" and they'll tell you about their ASVAB score or something stupid like that. While I'm sure there are some obnoxious and arrogant fucks in Mensa, most people I've met who were in it just wanted to place to enjoy the company of other members without having normies screaming in their ears about their inferiority complexes.
t. used to be a member but really isn't into playing games all that much so it had little value to me.
>>
File: logic.jpg (109 KB, 972x1500)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>16416469
That's interesting to know. I assumed, seemingly incorrectly, that Mensa simply licensed its name for use on puzzle books and weren't involved in the production of the content in them.
>>
>>16417093
Yeah, if you're a retard who studied engineering because he thought he'd build military submarines until he got told to make door hinges and boilers yesterday.
>>
>>16417093
not anymore ai is a meme for indians LLMs are a dead end if you want real ai brute force every number in a feature space between 0 & 1 with q learning
>>
File: Mensa.jpg (82 KB, 640x175)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
This is Mensa. Say something nice about them.
>>
>>16391554
>bragging about getting a B
>>
File: Old White People.jpg (554 KB, 2560x1707)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
Why is everyone over 50? Is it only for Boomers?
>>
>>16420871
They've done a really poor job reaching out to young people and also when you join everything is boomerfied. Old school website layouts that look like they're from 2007, facebook groups & groupchats, no discord communities, and zero apps you can download on your phone to interact with people.

I'm the youngest guy in my Mensa group by decades and administration is actually asking me to volunteer often, sometimes to try and do outreach to young people. If you wanted to do some type of long march through the institutions esque transformation there is a good chance you will succeed if you had a bunch of young people join simultaneously working together to a single goal.
>>
>>16421106
In person social clubs have been in steady decline for decades and social media really accelerated that. Mensa still having large gatherings and a bunch of local chapters is impressive even if they're not the size they once were. It sounds like most of their online stuff exists to promote the in-person events. They could increase their online presence but would that really help anything? From everything I've heard about Mensa, it sounds like most people join for the get togethers. Doing that online isn't the same as doing it in person and there's little reason to funnel things through Mensa if it's mostly online.
While it likely will lead to the end of the organization, the current way of doing things that still serves a population will keep it limping along until enough of the members die off without enough replacements to sustain it as an entity. Trying to get members interested in Discord and other communication mediums favored by younger people likely would just alienate the people who are actually showing up and have been faithful to the organization. Lots of companies are finding out the hard way that chasing after new customers isn't useful if you alienate the existing customers, especially if the new customers are so easily swayed towards you because that means they're also easily swayed away.
>>
i'm intelligent but I act stupid out of habit
would they hate me?
>>
>>16421970
Do you want to break that habit and how does it manifest itself? Even intelligent people do stupid things from time to time but if you're ruining everyone's fun with constant stupidity, you're better off listening to Alice Deejay.
>>
>>16421999
Other people are just so inconsequential I just don't really care what they think of me. That and most people pretend to be far smarter than they actually are, likely because that gets into places they otherwise wouldn't be qualified for
>>
>>16421965
You're acting like its a binary choice between modern social media options and boomer social media options.

Mensa has absolutely made a mistake by not adapting to platforms like discord and X and most of all by not creating their own app. As a young person it was extremely cumbersome and time consuming to try and use these antiquated systems like Mensa Connect to reach out to people and discover events. It's weird to use this rube goldberg machine fusion of digital yellowpages and oldschool oughts forum combined with email to meet up with local chapters and communicate with others.

You could still keep all of this old infrastructure here while developing a new platform that emulates the functionality of modern social network apps so both sides are catered to and are happy. As it stands now unless you want to absolutely trudge through a bunch of clunky outdated user interfaces and byzantine forum posts you're going to be SOL when it comes to making connections.

I'm persistent in addition to being smart and I had memories of using similar forums when I was a kid in the pre-iPhone internet, so these weren't problems which hindered me that much, but I think this is a huge reason why I hear so many young people passed the test, and even joined, but didn't see enough of a benefit to continue to participate or renew their membership. Its just too damn difficult to use the digital platform.

Increasing their online presence WOULD help things as it would incentivize young people to join and would make it look like it was less of a stuffy oldies club for boomer nerds.
>>
>>16421970
No, you'd fit right in.
>>
>>16421970
What's your IQ?
>>
>>16419799
I'm going to die alone.
>>
>>16391733
To be fair, the average felon is not convicted for falsifying business records. It's usually property crimes.
>>
>>16391534
you can access high IQ women through mensa... good genes
>>
>>16391527
>what now faggots

Nothing you flaming homosexual. That was the easy part. Now actually try to do something meaningfull with it. High IQ alone doesn't make you Einstein.
>>
>>16391818
If I were a member of mensa I would never show any paraphernalia around, they would trigger instant sub-120 IQ ressentiment and rage.
>>
>>16391839
I hope this is bait
>>
>>16391878
>But the final aim is mostly do some networking for job/business.
that's why it's useful, plus >>16422275 and why I'm taking the test soon too.
I'm going upwards until I get my kurisu style gf
>>
>>16391554
Dude, this is the funniest shit I've ever read. I didn't attend any classes during my undergraduate years, but I still managed to graduate with a 2.8 GPA, then got accepted into a master's program and then a Ph.D. My Ph.D. paper was published in the best journal in our field (MRI physics; I am an electrical engineer). If you think you have achieved anything, think twice; hell, even more, you are nothing. Your IQ or whatever score means nothing. Life is about persistence and determination.
>>
>>16422318
>your easy success story
>Life is about persistence and determination
you're contradicting yourself here, meaning your IQ can't be above 120.
>>
>>16422327
>your easy success story
Lmao, it definitely was not easy at all. It took me years to get to this point with a lot of pain and suffering. If anything, it just proves that I am a stubborn idiot who doesn't know when to quit. I do not wish this fate to anyone, even my worst enemies.
>>
>>16392141
is that you, Hunter Ash?
>>
>>16408037
pretending to be smart by putting unnecessary sophisticated words in your talk is a decisive proof of midwittery, you cunt.
>>
>>16414770
this, you would look like a pretentious autist/narcissist
>>
>>16419799
how can a muslim have an IQ higher than 100?
psychosis?
>>
>>16391554
this kind of student gets in big trouble when he needs to do work, eg. get a PhD
You have never reasoned through a logarithm or whatever, you just go with the intuition flow and pass your exams
>>
>>16391708
Certified 63 IQ here, the hair on the left side of ny skull is shorter than on the right because i stratch and pull at it that much, at work i keep 2 monitors on at all times and move both my knees up and down, when i am alone i flap my arms.
Still got a job in IT because i am not a lazy fuck
>>
>>16422016
Ok but that's completely tangential to why and if you should join a gaming club.
>>16422368
Bell curves have long tails even if they don't have much area.
>>
>>16392105
>lalala mememe
its funny because to "independently rediscover existing fields of research", or as you, in your ignorant high call it "inventing", requires a complete lack of focus in any field of research.
Yours is a shitpost but even if you were certified i would bet trifiddy cents that its fake and you are the chief's son, because to develop a brain you need specialized studying
>>
>>16420871
>the autistic emotionally overwhelmed expression
would lovey dovey babymaking sexo
>>
>>16422275
The only woman I knew that was in Mensa had a pretty face (though certainly not model tier) and a good figure that she kept active to maintain. Light makeup and generally bad fashion sense that hid her figure. Too bad she was insanely cunty, sarcastic, and generally demeaning to those around her. She's in her 50s now, lives alone, never got married, never had children, and sells necklaces with charms shaped like coat hangers as some form of Roe v Wade protest. She might indeed have had good genetics but she would have been terrible mother material.
>>
>>16422368
Agreed there are no high Iq Muslims
>>
File: jm.jpg (46 KB, 784x572)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>16424218
Keep in mind that each national chapter is different. They require you to be in the top 2% for that country so Mensa Indonesia will have a different intelligence level than Japan Mensa, even though the standard in both places is to be in the top 2% of their respective nations.
>>
File: Hug Box.jpg (128 KB, 1297x348)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>
>>16391554
i dropped out of high school and taught myself programming while moving to la to get a job in tech

now i'm an ai engineer designing tools for astonauts

i've been invited to colleges to speak.

stop bragging about being a good little sheep who had a guide through his education, and try to cut your own path for once in your life
>>
>>16428947
lol no one cares that you're a self taught programmer dude
they care that youre talented
im a self taught programmer with no degree working in cybersec with a TS
do you want to know who gives a shit that I did it on my own?
nobody who is worth a damn
>>
>>16391527
How much difference was there between your online test score and the real deal?
>>
>>16405253
Oh yeah well I'm known on the chan.
>p3gu1_n0fd00m
>>
>>16422283
That was so cool! You must see through through the veil of feeble childish lies! >Thus spock zarthesustra!Dx>tips mennorah
>>
>>16391527
Welcome brother.
There is nothing to see here.
>>
File: Firehouse.jpg (93 KB, 720x960)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
Mensa has a sub-group called FireHouse, which is where they contain their /pol/ type members. This is what they look like.
>>
>>16391527
if you're so fucking smart, maybe spend your time on more productive things than fellating your own ego?
>>
>>16431955
If you're so fucking smart, you'd recognize a low effort troll.
>>
>>16431996
where did i claim to be smart?
>>
>>16422318
You need the schizophrenic ability. If you dont have the schizophrenic ability, even with high IQ, you wont discover new fields. I envy you for being so normie :<

I have no choice but to make up my own shtick. Literally grasping in the dark all the time. Mental retardation doesnt help in life, but also is an advantage in this. Im so creative, its kind of ridiculous. If Im lucky again, god drops me some hints.

Being plato level intellect, yet a stupid faggot is so frustrating.
>no anon your just delusional and grandiose
Well, somewhat. But Im also quite right. Being like the only faggot is lonely. Maybe I should join Mensa too, just to have some good conversation.

Normal people are like on guard rails on a train track. Im doomed and graced to be off road. Im in the underwood. I either get lost, or Ill catch something for my fellow humuns. I really need to step up my game and finish my good ideas. Of course nobody sees me coming. You are already echoing me, but you dont know it. I am a consequence of reality, just like you. Everything happens, as it should. Im one among the idiots
>>
>>16432056
>psychosis
retarded unironically
>>
File: Catzy.jpg (185 KB, 848x1099)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>Catch me Anon, Im in the underwoods
>>
>>16432070
just copy it anon, just be a copycat like the rest of us
>>
>>16432085
Anon dont worry.

I copy because I love
>>
>>16424301
I should apply in a muslim country then, IQ above 95 must be considered mensa level there.
>>
>>16391708
My IQ is 18 to 21, just like how I like my girls.
>>
>>16391527
What do you know about the Yoneda lemma?
>>
File: 1591422945222.jpg (90 KB, 607x960)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
How accurate would you guys say that text-to-IQ tool is?
>>
File: 1729112798424.png (182 KB, 508x491)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
How many times can I take it before they catch on?
I'm gonna put this on my tinder to get pussy
>>
>>16432389
if you are that desperate for mensa kek
>>
>>16391605
ai is a meme
>>
>>16435078
I have 145-150 IQ and it gave me 147 so id say it was somewhat accurate
>>16435214
you cant take it more than once
also no bitch cares if you are in mensa you fucking retard
>>
File: IQ.png (159 KB, 570x1900)
159 KB
159 KB PNG
>>16435214
Why not just lie on tinder? Every time someone has told me they're in Mensa and I asked to see their membership card, they always turned out to not be a member but rather "I could join if I wanted to" types. Since they felt comfortable lying like that, they probably get away with it most of the time. You can even get Mensa shirts, pins, and stuff on ebay.
>>16432389
You probably have to take the test in person there and membership doesn't transfer between countries. Not sure how impressive a "Mensa Sudan" card would be but if nothing else, it would be a good conversation piece. Actually doubt Sudan has a Mensa branch but it does bring up the question of what is the dumbest country with Mensa? Indonesia? India?
>>
>>16435261
Planes are stupid, humans weren't meant to fly.
>>
File: Mensa ZA.jpg (35 KB, 474x247)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>16435273
>what is the dumbest country with Mensa?
South Africa, with a mean IQ of 68.87.
Sauce: https://www.ulsterinstitute.org/ebook/THE%20INTELLIGENCE%20OF%20NATIONS%20-%20Richard%20Lynn,%20David%20Becker.pdf
This is interesting since there's stark differences in the intelligence of different racial groups in South Africa, which is going to skew the floor for membership.
>>
>>16435272
its not accurate, i make word salads and i get 140 iq
>>
>>16435673
see
>>
>>16435675
derive the nigger faggot equation anon
we're waiting
>>
>>16435675
Could someone with a lower IQ create a functional sentence with purposefully nonsensical technobabble?
>>
File: 1716612465017640.jpg (93 KB, 744x752)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
I used to go to a shrink who recommended I take the Mensa test since I have an IQ around 140 and then meet people through the organization, because I had social anxiety at the time.
I took the test, passed it, and never went to a single Mensa meeting.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 278x181)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>16437570
Do you still have the test results? I don't think they expire so you could still join whenever you get up the nerve to do so. But it might not be the best place to go for social anxiety. While they know some members suffer from SA and try to be sensitive about it, it's still a community based, mostly volunteer run organization. It's not your therapist and people there can be just as lacking in social skills as you are, sometimes being bluntly honest because they don't empathize easily. Of course there are also plenty of members who are socially normal and well adjusted but you should know it's not nirvana just because everyone is high IQ. If you're into board and card games, it will be better than what you would get at your local game store but do go in with realistic expectations.
>>
>>16437726
Yeah membership is for life, I think. But my anxiety got way better during the last couple years, so I wouldn't need something like that anymore. Thank you for the advice anyway, friend.
>>
>>16437734
Glad to hear things are looking up for you. An FYI for others who might stumble across this thread and be interested: Mensa offers a lifetime membership, whose price is based on your current age when joining, but most people pay annually. Your Mensa test results however might be valid for your entire lifetime. A psychologist administered IQ test certainly is valid forever for membership purposes. This is a bit funny when you think about it because childhood IQ often is not stable. Someone who takes an IQ test at nine might qualify for Mensa membership even though by 19 they're close to the median IQ.
>>
>>16437734
Mensa needs cool unpretentious people who aren't bitter and old or obsessed with proving to themselves that they're not losers because they have high IQ so please join again friend. I'd love to have you at least.
>>16437814
Many people in Mensa are actually aware of the child IQ test instability problem and many of them are (rightfully) afraid of being imposters because of it lol.
>>
>>16391527
please say you're going to the AG next year
the old people are running membership numbers into the ground
>>
>>16437570
it's ok fellow mensan, we're all in the same boat
>>
>>16391527
mensa is just a front.
you haven't ascended at all.
everything you know is a lie.
prove me wrong.
pro-tip: you can't.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qda-xzg-Flo
>>
Bros I was thinking about doing the test and joining Mensa, but this thread showed me the light. I'll pass
>>
>>16439288
>the old people are running membership numbers into the ground
tell me about it bro
>>
>>16439288
>>16439780
I was going to say at least my ex-gf will be there doing some of the admin stuff but we're both in our 40s now, so we're probably the old people you think is running the membership into the ground. At least I'm not a member anymore. I'm not all that into games nor am I all that social so there never was all that much in it for me.
>>
>>16439853
tell her to make the expenses public
>>
File: Get Benched.jpg (220 KB, 1408x1034)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>16440017
Considering that her spending habits were one of the reasons why I didn't want to pursue the relationship further, doubt she'd be willing to do that. Hopefully they don't let her have access to the bank accounts anyway.
>>16437814
>>16439126
Child IQ instability isn't much of an issue. Sure, it results in some adults as members who shouldn't be but for the most part, as long as they behave, no one really is going to mind that a few people slip through. The same issue exists for the elderly or those with a health condition that inhibits their intelligence.
>>
>>16440273
>>16440273
Tell her to make a goddamn app that I can install on my phone so I don't have to use mensa connect and there is an easy on ramp into the organization for newcomers
also start making promo material with young and hot people and increase their outward facing social media presence
something that projects superiority but simultaneously a palatable noblesse oblige

and get them to fucking ban all political discussions in those goddamn facebook groups
>>
>>16440391
>Tell her to make a goddamn app that I can install on my phone
She's not capable of that and it's not in her area anyway. She's a volunteer, not an employee.
>start making promo material with young
a reasonable request
>and hot people
Let's be honest, that wouldn't be an accurate reflection of the pool of candidates even if some do exist
>and get them to fucking ban all political discussions in those goddamn facebook groups
Political discussion is infesting every aspect of society. Doubt it's possible to keep it out of any type of discussion forum without committing considerable resources to moderating, which will always bring accusations of bias. I don't use Facebook so I don't know if those groups are official groups or not. Probably best to just eliminate anything official and do nothing about the unofficial ones except require them to prominently display a disclaimer that though the group is made up of members of Mensa, it's not affiliated with the group in any official capacity.
>>
>>16440399
>that wouldn't be an accurate reflection of the pool of candidates even if some do exist
promotional material doesn't have to be an accurate representation of genpop
Also I'm hot and high iq fuck you we're the minority but we do exist its a statistical certainty.
>I don't use Facebook so I don't know if those groups are official groups or not. Probably best to just eliminate anything official and do nothing about the unofficial ones except require them to prominently display a disclaimer that though the group is made up of members of Mensa, it's not affiliated with the group in any official capacity
the official mensa international group, which was one of my first introductions to mensa because I joined in a place that had no mensa groups, are flooded with people spamming democrat and republican spam, andrew tate spam, race and IQ spam, TDS and EDS spam, you fucking name it. Its disgusting. Probably above all of our pay grades to change that sure but it needs to be purged. Its a goddamn cesspit and its one of the first things I was able to see when I joined and was my "mensa experience" until I moved to a major city and actually met people physically who organized events.
>>
File: fresh.png (91 KB, 618x559)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>16391527
>>
>>16440407
The terrible truth about Mensa is that most of the politically active members are Boomers who wouldn't have gotten in today after various tests were renormed. I get strong Dunning-Kruger vibes from many of them. There is also a lack of exceptionally intelligent people. Very few are 160+
>>
>>16440516
>The terrible truth about Mensa is that most of the politically active members are Boomers who wouldn't have gotten in today after various tests were renormed. I get strong Dunning-Kruger vibes from many of them.

I 100% agree.
>>
>>16440516
>Very few are 160+
Very few have less than two legs, though a few do. The minimum requirement is 130-132 depending on the test. Of course there aren't going to be many 160+ as there aren't many 160+ in existence. That's four standard deviations above the mean. Mensa is a social club. There are organizations that target the tiny number of people who are 4SD above the mean but they don't actually do anything other than send out a newsletter. Not even sure what point you're trying to make but you probably don't know what's your point either.
I get strong vibes that you're actually a midwit who knows nothing about Mensa other than you're yet another person angry that he got quantified and discovered being the smartest kid in the trailer park doesn't mean much.
>>
>>16440541
You're mad as fuck brah. Why so defensive?
>>
bump
>>
>believes in IQ accuracy
>Instant pseudo intellectual
>>
OP pseud.

No matter how good you did on those tests, I tower you on true pattern recognition.
>>
>>16391635
>secure job
There is not a secure job, it does not exist.
>if you gonna study math you should be at a level that would make you have groundbreaking discoveries
If the people learn something, it is because they love to learn. Discoveries are an accident, not the purpose.
>studying math with sub 140 iq is useless
This is ilogic, the utility of studying has no relation with the iq
>studying math with sub 140 is a waste of time
The ppl has freedom to decide how waste their time.

Are you really smart? Because it seems that it does not.
>>
>>16391527
I only joined Mensa because it saved me 10% on my Geivo car insurance
>>
>>16442400
>secure job does not exist
room temperature iq perspective
>>
>>16391695
It's pretty expensive now, $107 a year
>>
It pisses me off that a thread about retarded faggots is bumped by the same 2 retarded faggots since september, but there is no cats of /sci/ thread.

Mensa is literally a diploma mill for retarded faggots with unimaginably low IQs

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.