[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/t/ - Torrents

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: i2plogo.png (10 KB, 482x122)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
I heard tor does not work well with torrents, but i2p supports them well. Anyone got experience with that? Apparently xd and i2psnark are decent clients for this, but no idea where to get trackers?
>>
>I heard tor does not work well with torrents, but i2p supports them well. Anyone got experience with that?
i2p is slow by nature and not very popular meaning there are not many seeders so torrenting over i2p is slow as fuck
>where to get trackers?
the only tracker i know of for i2p is postman, if you are using the default install from geti2p there should be a link buried somewhere on your home dashboard and i think the rss is subscribed to mailman releases by default so that could be another way to get the link, also i2psnark (bundled by default with i2p) is setup to add it as a tracker automatically, you can get the announce url from there
>xd and i2psnark
if you are trying to use a torrent client other than the i2psnark bundled with i2p i recommend reading this: https://i2pd.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/filesharing/ it's technically the documentation for i2pd, a different implementation of i2p but a lot of it still applies to the "official" one and presents different client alternatives, personally i have only tried the default i2psnark so i can't really talk about the other clients
>>
File: deprecated.jpg (323 KB, 1600x290)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>1303348
I@P is like using a USB stick but modifying it to use an ethernet port.
>>
>>1303348
Torrent Clients that support i2p apart from xd and i2psnark are Vuze, BiglyBT and qbitorrent so far. An opentracker for i2p is the following http://w7tpbzncbcocrqtwwm3nezhnnsw4ozadvi2hmvzdhrqzfxfum7wa.b32.i2p/a

You can still go trackerless though through i2p DHT.
>>
>>1303409
Then what would you suggest for sharing files online with total anonymity?
>>
>>1303634
library wifi
>>
>>1303634
i2p is terrible for general torrenting but if your main goal is anonymity it's perfectly fine, you can also increase the number of jumps for more security, just expect very low speeds

also if your goal is to share something with a limited number of people you can use something other than torrent+i2p like onionshare (tor network) or maybe session (lokinet) bearing in mind that as far as i know neither of those have swarm capabilities so the only source would be you
>>
to be fair i2p seems kind of empty compared to tor. kind of sad.
>>
wtf is i2p anyway? i tried to use it once but there wasn't even an address bar in the "i2p browser" or whatever i was using and i couldn't find a way to enable it, how are you supposed to browse websites on i2p without an address bar?
>>
inb4 skill issue
>>
>>1304066
https://geti2p.net/en/about/browser-config
>>
I uploaded 50 GB in 38 hours seeding on i2p.
>>
>>1304830
based

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.