[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713139818483.jpg (48 KB, 613x531)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
ITT we recount some moments or scenarios at the table that made us cringe or extremely uncomfortable. I'll throw some out there.

>when someone keeps trying to be funny and they're not funny
>someone recites poorly written poetry
>player gets caught cheating and gets called on it
>GM starts arguing with their parent
>the person you're sitting next to has halitosis
>someone starts a political argument
>rules lawyer and GM begin a screaming match
>depressed guy keeps dropping obvious hints about how they want to kill themselves
>autist has a legitimate temper tantrum over shitty rolls
>someone accidentally wears their cum-shirt
>degenerate repeatedly tries graphic ERP with another player
>guy uses greentext in real life by making an arrow with their finger and saying "tee eff doubleyou"
>players start making out at the table
>>
>>92486786
Sounds like a fun group. Got room for another
>>
There's *always* 'that guy' and he sounds *always* like a genocide enabler when talking about doing harmful things against elves. When asked why he'll be genuinely shocked. Only now do I know this is something Turkish.
>>
>>92486786
there was this fag at my table who wanted to hear stories so he could put them on youtube but i fucked his mom until he left.
>>
File: 1613875498960.png (167 KB, 256x384)
167 KB
167 KB PNG
>>92486786
>>guy uses greentext in real life by making an arrow with their finger and saying "tee eff doubleyou"
this can't be a real person anon. there's no way
>>
>>92487266
Oh, I remember hearing about that.
Yeah, fuck that guy and fuck his mom.
>>
>>92486786
Like maybe this was something I remember happening once or twice when I was in high school but adults don't do this, right? Like even if your GM is a grown-up still living at home he's not actually getting into shouting matches with his parents in front of you, right?
>>
>>92486813
This isn't from any one session, except for the making out, the depressed guy was talking about slitting his wrists while the actual real biological girl was tongue wrestling the newish player. Shit was sad. Right now I'm actually trying out doing some remote play as a keeper in a CoC one shot.
>>92487589
Anon, this isn't even just a /tg/ thing. I've seen so many fuckers showing their power level in real life and openly talking about 4chan and 4chan adjacent shit, it's gotten worse in recent years but I remember even back in 09 it being a thing. Its not the subtle shit that bothers me, it's the full
on lingo and shit that makes it awful.
>>92487845
>adults don't do this, right?
Some do, this dude was 34 at the time.
>he's not actually getting into shouting matches with his parents in front of you, right?
He called his mom a fucking bitch (I guess to show off for his also-adult players) and that set her the fuck off. Like beet-red screaming, telling him to get out on his ass. I finally managed to pull myself away from the train wreck when the dude started crying. Good DM thoughbeit.
>>
File: 1664441845279234.jpg (72 KB, 960x726)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>GM has you roll for everything
Want to pick something up? Yep that's a roll
Want to stand up? Yep, that's a roll because all they know is their own anemic ass that has a 5% chance of just falling over every time their fat ass attempts to overcome gravity for a second. Worst fucking one was when I was trying to save a party member who went unconscious in a fight, I had to roll to not only pick them up but set them down again. Of course I failed so I dropped them and killed them with 2d6 damage. It was my god damn first GM too, first time playing tabletops.
>>
>>92486786
>someone accidentally wears their cum-shirt
W H A T T H E F U C K
>>
>play first session with new players, some of them completely new to RPGs.
>All but one of them there on time
>Have a great time playing castaways trying to survive on an island with a completely insufficient skillset.
>Each character gets their moment to shine and/or fail miserably.
>Last player shows up 4 hours late.
>Plays an 8 feet tall fetish fuel Amazonian
>Has the commander edge which he claims allows his character to command the other players.
>Basically attempted to play all characters by autistically shouting at the other players when it is their time in the spotlight.
>Spit flying everywhere
>Starts huffing in disbelief whenever his commands inevitably gets ignored and starts waving his character sheet in front of everyones faces
>First timers visibly uncomfortable the rest of the evening.
Shit was a fucking torture to sit through.
>>
>>92489714
Yeah, I've seen it happen several times. For some fucking reason it's always a white shirt, which just makes it more obvious.
>>
>>92489870
What game is this?
>>
File: 1567819891042.jpg (32 KB, 650x488)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>92486786
>>guy uses greentext in real life by making an arrow with their finger and saying "tee eff doubleyou"
I'm ready for the third world war now
>>
>>92490410
What color should I choose for my cum-shirt to make it less obvious?
>>
>>92490410
What the hell is a cum shirt
>>
>>92490483
Dark mustard yellow. Alternatively don't wear your cum shirt.
>>92490485
It's a shirt you use as a cum rag.
>>
>>92490675
>Dark mustard yellow. Alternatively don't wear your cum shirt.
Not an option, but it will at least be less awkward now. Thanks.
>>
>>92488153
>I guess to show off for his also-adult players
What kind of retard could possibly think this would impress?
>>
>>92486786
So, I joined a new group. In the first session, my warlock was harassed by a belligerent drunk. I cast Suggestion on him and told him to go fornicate with the nearest barnyard animal. The DM proceeds to describe how the man runs to the nearest market, buys a big, takes it to a barn and fucks it, going into some detail about the last part, imitating the pig's squeals and everything.

Mea culpa I suppose, but I still never went back.
>>
>>92490810
the type who is 34 and still living with parents is my guess
>>
>>92491424
Doesn't suggestion only work if the idea sounds reasonable?
>>
>>92488153
>Good DM thoughbeit.
It's always the retards with the most dysfunctional lives.
>>
>>92490778
Use a fucking random rag or tea towel or tear the cum shirt into a rag what the fuck you clueless retards.
>>
>>92489870
You didn't screen this, and it's your fault.
/tg/ can shit on me all they like for Session 0 but it's my duty to gatekeep the unhygeinic, the coomer, basically anyone who can't keep their issues hidden for an hour interview or group interview where I reward them with free food and metaknowledge about which options they took that will be mostly useless because there aren't any orcs to fight, or that really should be fire resistance, not lightning resistance, no further hints.
>>92489357
And they're all election tourists, the ones who won't shut up about 4chan.
>>
>>92494016
The game took place in New Jersey
>>
>>92490675
I might be a decadent westerner here, but... Surely tissues are basically free? I've been doing my sanity rolls into a tissue pretty much since the day I learned how.
>>
>>92487028
I came here to post this. The (other) Canadian in my gaming group is constantly trying to bring up genocide as a solution to our characters' problems, which inevitably leads to him derailing the session to bring up Canadian politics
>>
>>92498632
If you were Canadian you’d understand why we obsess so much over genocide and our politicians
>>
>>92486786
Trying to avoid future issues and uncomfortable moments, how would a Christian DM let his table know to keep the violence and sex/sexuality thing to a minimum. It's dancing around a fire at this point, but I would like to try DMing for a group online now that scheduling has killed my last session with close friends.
>>
>>92486786
Also:
>that one asshat who just talks in memes or pop culture references
>that one turbo-autist who's read/watched/played all of the related media and treats all of it as inviolable canon, and spergs out if he thinks you've got it wrong
>rules lawyers
>that one guy (who I know browses /tg/, and I hope he is ashamed) who, at the end of a multi-month D&D adventure, whips out the small black box with the gold lid that he's been carrying, flips it open, and reveals that he isn't native to this world but is in fact the sole survivor of an Enterprise landing party

I swear that last guy LARPs as Sheldon.
>>
>>92499031
>that one guy (who I know browses /tg/, and I hope he is ashamed) who, at the end of a multi-month D&D adventure, whips out the small black box with the gold lid that he's been carrying, flips it open, and reveals that he isn't native to this world but is in fact the sole survivor of an Enterprise landing party
What?
explain
>>
>>92499018
Hand out a consent sheet you fruit
>>
>>92499076
NTA but trekkies love this bullshit.
>>
>>92499018
Silently run your game as such: "The wages of sin are death". In all ways, it comes back to bite them.
>>
>>92490424
It doesn't exist. Every story in this thread is fake, written by nogames. This is an especially egregious case where a completely fake system was made to prop up an extremely retarded story.
>>
>>92498733
I'm the other Canadian and I know exactly why he's obsessed with genocide, I just think he's being a nerd with no self awareness for letting it bleed into our game. About as much self-awareness as most Canadians have, really
Another player invited his girlfriend to the group and she would be a perfectly acceptable member of the group if she didn't get unreasonably upset when bad things happen to her character, and if she would actually read her character sheet once in awhile instead of expecting us to have it memorized for her
>>
>>92499076
The communicator on the original Star Trek was a small handheld box with a gold colored metal "lid" that flipped out and turned into a sort of antenna.
>>
>>92499106
Unironically this.

>>92499076
>explain
So basically this guy (who is something of a That Guy, in terms of personality and his understanding of personal hygiene) creates a human ranger. Some slightly atypical skills and interests, but okay - the guy's an autist, so the odd discourse into botany or geology or creatures is expected. He insisted on having this box - black, about the size of a pack of cigarettes, gold lid with circular holes. GM asked him whether it had any magical powers? "No, it's just my good luck charm." So he got it at character generation. Otherwise the only noteworthy things about the character were his sky-blue tunic, and the gold arrowhead he wore pinned to his cloak - the guy said it was in memory of the ranger's great-grandfather, who was an archer. (And if you get that on first reading, you're about fifteen steps ahead of our table)

So, long story short, we get through the campaign, tolerate his character's autistic idiosyncracies, and we're squaring up for the last push towards the big bad. And he whips out the box, which was a 1960s style Star Trek communicator, and says "Come in, Enterprise. Lock phasers on..."

At which point we all got pretty much righteously PO'd at him. Once the argument had died down, the GM rewound time a few minutes and had him killed off by an elvish bowman, headshot, claimed it was a nat 20. Which sparked another argument over GM fiat, but at least the space case left in a huff.

Kind of ruined the mood though.
>>
>>92500327
That's stupid. Why didn't they just use cell phones?
>>
File: 1706663421367571.jpg (1023 KB, 1125x1344)
1023 KB
1023 KB JPG
>nobody shows up except me and GM
>this happens for weeks
>online game and they're terminally online needs who are on discord with the gm 24/7 otherwise, they just vanish at game time
>another week, just me and gm
>gm flips his shit, goes on a text rant, demands a written apology from everyone
>next week
>they don't show
>didn't write their sorry letters
>he flips out on me for not writing him an apology when I'm the only one who ever showed up
That was a weird one.
>>
>>92486786
>Fem DM keeps making socialites/high class ladies that try to get to close to my character in obvious relationship bait scenarios

I'm not attractive, my character is an old fart that is also not attractive and works as a thug for hire, I don't get this crap, it has been 3 times in just the last game alone that it happened

I want to believe it's just the DM creating scenarios for me to roleplay more than guard duty and bartering but fuck it's always the same type of situation I'm starting to believe this is her fetish
>>
>>92500376
>Why didn't they just use cell phones?
Hmm. Is my answer:
>a) Because 1966, when they'd only just invented the pager
>b) Obvious troll is obvious
>>
>>92500476
>playing D&D online
>roll20

Get a real group dude
>>
>>92499704
The surest sign of a nogames is having contempt for table experiences. Stop trying so hard to fit in faggot.
>>
>>92500365
I don't know that sounds pretty fun as a one time thing. If he tried pulling that shit every game it'd suck but for a one go it sounds fun.
>>
>>92500545
It was a Transformers homebrew on Discord, but yes.
>>
>>92500565
It'd be fun in the right group and if agreed in advance with the GM. When most of the group are pretty serious fantasy enthusiasts and committed to playing the campaign "straight", and when it blindsides the GM, somewhat less so. In other words, it's a "learn to read the room" moment.
>>
>>92500365
You got played for fucking fools, lmao. How obvious does it have to get.
>>
>>92500642
Fair enough.
>>
>>92490675
Why would someone use a whole shirt? Wouldnt a sock be more effective? Especially ones you were going to throw away because the holes in them got too big?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (193 KB, 275x380)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>92490424
Picrel
>>92495855
You are completely correct but knowing that didn't make the game any better
>>
>>92486786
When all of these happen in the same session.
>>
File: pepe cocaine.jpg (200 KB, 585x376)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
>>92486786
>ITT we recount some moments or scenarios at the table that made us cringe or extremely uncomfortable. I'll throw some out there.
A player got out a bag of coke and snorted a couple lines right in the middle of a session.
>>
>>92501953
How big was the bag? Was it a more wealthy individual?
>>
>>92501953
Funza, i would love to play a game like this but it seems like gamers are mostly sober beta nerds
>>
>>92486786
A player and DM roleplayed the player brutally torture an NPC to death for an hour. Then the player anounced he had to get going after the scene was done. It was extra wierd bc the PC was roleplaying a sweeter old dude in imteractions beforehand.
In a prior game their roles were switched and there was some heavy family abuse for like half an hour.
Like I don't mind gore or heavy topics if it drives the plot or has some meaning, but I'm not really interested in spendimg my night listening to people acting this out with vivid descriptions.
>>
>>92503399
I simply don't understand people who enjoy that kind of thing. To me it's just horrific. I am fine with having it in a story, but to have the focal point be cathartic or just to inflict psychic pain on the audience turns my stomach.
>>
>>92486786
>guys not paying attention and keeps chiming in as his character in situations where his character is not present
once or twice is understandable but he keeps fucking doing it
>>
>>92489357
>Alright roll to not German suplex the fighter.
>>
>>92498632
>>92498733
>>92499790
Wasn't there a Pole who went to jail because he or she prove there were no mass graves?
>>
>>92489357
I need to try this.
>>
>>92495855
The people who complain about Session 0 are nearly all chronic nogaems who only known the idea from YouTube channels they hate watch. Yeah, I actually kind of like the fact that people can agree on party composition beforehand, and get a bit of a hint about what sort of campaign we're going to be playing, instead of rolling up on gameday with a completely random grab-bag of characters and/or straight up wrong expectations.
>>
>>92501953
actually factually based and hilarious
>>
>>92499018
"Keep the violence and sex to a minimum"
>>
>>92500365
why did the DM allow a character without seeing a backstory?
>>
>>92504157
>DM describes something
>player: "Okay, so what's going on?"
>everyone at the table joins in to re-explain what was just explained
>>
>>92501834
okay, I believe it.
t- I played SW before and its a fucking mess to begin with. beanies fucking suck
>>
>>92490675
What if all my other shirts are dirty?
>>
>>92500565
He should have waited until AFTER the big threat was dead and that arc of the campaign was over to reveal himself. If it happened like in the story, he turned a funny little thing into a climax-ruining deus ex machina.
>>
>>92486786
Goddamn it feels good to play with functional adults.
>>
Had a guy join a 1st Edition dungeon crawl I was a part of and he showed up on session 2 as a Drow with a bunch of spells not in the core rulebook and a bunch of magic items not approved by the DM. He also didn't declare his spells ahead of time and I'm pretty sure he cheated on one of his saving throws at some point.

He kept making a point about how "My character wouldn't even be here, he wants to go home, he's leaving" and indeed did leave to the surface once he got hit by one enemy and got poisoned. Spent the entire rest of the session silent in the VC while we continued the crawl without him (because we had 0 incentive to follow him due to extreme time limitations placed on our characters), then declared "Yeah, I'm NOT coming back next week" when the session ended.

I don't understand what this guy's deal was. Who shows up to a dungeon crawl and then makes a huge deal about why their character wouldn't stick around and wants to go somewhere else? It's a fucking dungeon crawl, that's all there is to this adventure. You can't walk off and play Hello Kitty by yourself. The worst part was that we had to spend an entire session looking for his character after he had ran off due to being feared at one point, then he repays us by voluntarily running off once poisoned.

Why are Drow players like this?
>>
>>92489714
I wore a hoodie once to my girlfriend's family function (I can't remember the occasion) that had pussy juice crust on the hem in the front since I had fucked her while wearing the hoodie next to my car the night before and I didn't notice I got it on my clothes.

Good times.
>>
>>92500365
Sounds like an attempted breach of the Prime Directive. Also, during the TOS era his communicator is from the symbols were embroidered on the uniforms instead of being pins, so at the very least the character had to have it made by a whitesmith at some point. But all joking aside, this sounds like a guy who thought he had a fun idea and misinterpreted how it would be taken by the group. I'm not a fan of a GM retaliating with an obviously fudged roll. I mean, you could just talk to the guy and say that shit is not happening. Campaign ends, and dude walks away and is never heard of again. Maybe he got beamed up, maybe he truly was just a loon.

To me, this sounds like a fairly typical mistake mostly seen among first timers, but also more experienced players. That is, assuming a continued agency over the world past the limits of the GM. I've been there as a GM, and it can be annoying. But just revenge-killing someone's character with no recourse means they're not going to learn, and if anything will be telling stories about That GM if they do keep playing. One thing I've learned from playing is that it's common for people to come to the table with different expectations and desires, even people who have been playing together for a long time. And part of the GM's job is to work with that.
>>
File: 1712986963612880.jpg (47 KB, 562x675)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>92486786
One of the players made a paladin but he allocated stats really badly and was useless in combat as a result.
Me and other players started making up funny "epic" scenarios in which he fails, like ave maria playing as he slips, clouds parting and divine ray of light blinding him causing him to miss etc.
One time he got really lucky with rolls and he got so excited about it that he stood up, started prancing around the room describing how awesomely he wrecked the monster, doing pirouettes and shit for like 3 minutes straight.
>>
>>92519023
Educated guess, he misled the DM? He was certainly quite vague in character with the rest of the party... and the setup of the party was closer to a "you all meet in a tavern" than "you all grew up together"

>>92500565
>>92519692
>>92520898
I don't think anyone came out of that little incident covered in glory. Perhaps the GM would have been more forgiving if the player hadn't been That Guy, albeit one with small but frequent red flags (and a chronic Sheldon LARPer, which was just annoying - especially the rules lawyering). The GM was pretty righteously PO'd at someone doing that kind of tonally inappropriate ass-pull without prior discussion, and I understand that - but I do agree it could have been resolved much better, perhaps by just calling the session and letting the two of them talk it out. GM fiat is divisive even when it's properly applied, just like VAR in rugby or football.

It's actually something I'd like to see played well, you know? Maybe it's also an example of why you need Session 0, and why (if you have a fun idea you want to spring later) it's important to be upfront and honest with your GM.

As for joking... it was a literal arrowhead. It was only about a week or two after the incident that I understood his reference to his ancestor the archer - or, more accurately, the Archer.
>>
bump
>>
>>92500495
Shes into you
>>
>>92500495
Either she is trying to flirt with you in some awkward way, or is trying to get you to roleplay more than just Mr. Professional. Try and interact with some NPCs that you genuinely like in the campaign more than just the business side. If the noblewomen stop, then it's a win on both sides, if it keeps happening then set some boundaries or something
>>
File: IMG_7995.jpg (75 KB, 640x640)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>92490675
>It's a shirt you use as a cum rag.
Why don’t you just use one of your old pairs of underwear for this?
>>
>>92519886
why did your DM not kick him the minute he popped in with homebrew spells and magic items?
>>
>>92486786
your op pic is incredibly accurate. not a single one of these things you listed is presented in a way to be even remotely interesting.
>>
>>92500495
My friend, please just roleplay with the lady.
>>
File: 1709450430841522.jpg (2.44 MB, 2048x2048)
2.44 MB
2.44 MB JPG
I had the opposite happen, instead ff cringe it was epic. ugly roastie was playing a sexy toreador, her ghoul was an attractive body guard. my character was about to hunger frenzy, so roastie toreador commands her ghoul to allow me to feed from his girlfriend.

what ensues is the most detailed description of my character (narrated my the roastie player) feeding on the ghouls girlfriend while roasie toreador makes out with women being fed on. she also narrated the ghoul being impressed by us feeding on his girlfriend while it was happening. VTM cuck scene was executed flawlessly.

I still laugh about it to this day
>>
>>92494016
>>
File: you sicken me.png (300 KB, 640x480)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>start playing 5th edition with a couple friends after plaing 2nd for a few years
>one of friends is very keen on DMing and has done it before, very experienced
>we have a session 0 talking a bit about what characters we might want to play, briefly go over some ideas the DM has for the camaign
>roughly 2 weeks pass before our first session, as DM is waiting for some stuff to arrive
>its all super expensive unecessary shit like carved wooden screen and custom made tokens, figures, board etc
>dont think much of it, but thank him for spending that money for us
>have a few session
>i miss one and get a text from someone else at the table
>he tells me the DM wants us to pay him 10 bucks per session
>wtf
>apparently this was his plan all along, to get us into the game and then spring this payment shit on us
>i go stright to the chat and ask why we are being asked to pay, and pay such a large amount, when this was never discussed
>immediately becomes angry
>says he feels taken advantage of
>says hes giving us all mates rates becasue the "industry standard is $30"
>claims it wasnt even his idea to charge us, yet carries on arguing and defending the price as if it was
>ask why he never explained this at session 0
>says he wanted to prove to us that he was worth the money first, that he was a good enough DM
>says he needs some form of compensation because he works really hard on this curated story catered specifically to us and our characters
>for reference, there were 4 people plus myself at the table
>we would all meet at his house and just play on the living room table
>3 of the players live in the house with him

i did not return after that
>>
>>92486786
This is an odd one. This is Wild Talents, and a fantasy setting. This entire subplot made me really uncomfortable.
There's an evil, expansionist empire that has military superiority through the ability to control dragons. Unfortunately, only those of a certain bloodline can control dragons, and the blood is thinning to the point it's unusable. So they capture a group of elf women and try to breed them to create both immortal rulers and to 'fuck magic back into the royal line'.
We team up with an elf freedom fighter who wants to destroy the empire, because one of the women captured was his wife. So when storming the castle, we find out that one of the breeding experiments was successful, and his wife / girlfriend had a son with the Prince. She doesn't want to leave, and in the fighting the elf guy gets shot in the back with a flintlock.
One of the PCs is so disgusted by the miscegenation, he kills both mother and child. Like, he was a swashbuckling Han Solo-esque rogue, but he shot a woman and a kid in the face.

I mean that was kind of fucked up.
>>
>>92543203
.... Am I the only one who thinks that is actually interesting (maybe trying a bit too hard to be mature) storytelling on behalf of the GM and players?
>>
>>92544964
It honestly feels really fucked-up as a subplot.
>>
>>92500548
whole thread is contempt for table experiences what are you on about?
>>
>>92510686
There are also a bunch of old school nerds who hate session 0 because they don't need it. Rolling up a character is quick, backstory is for faggots, and if someone is unbearably autistic you just kick them out right there and then and carry on because you weren't raised by hippies and are actually able to tell people to fuck off. All this passive aggressive "I need to screen who I invite" shit is a result of gen x-ers lacking a spine.
>>
>>92486786
Had a player who made their "back"story set in stone.
Wouldn't budge about even the slightest detail that was left undefined allowed to be defined by anyone but him.
Wouldn't engage with other PCs... Would just vomit up these "back"story details like he was reading off a script...
And if someone tried to engage... He would just shut down because he didn't write what they had said.
Thank God he's gone.
>>
>>92489870
Don't play TTRPGs with BPD trannies.
>>
File: uhoh.png (20 KB, 241x212)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>92486786
Had a player meltdown over the fact that she wasn't the tallest in the party yesterday.
>Dark Heresy 2e
>she's playing a voidborn biomancer, doing her lanky speedster thing
>the feral worlder chewed on the wrong wires last session and got atomized by a melta bomb, so he's decided to roll up a sororitas
>the sororitas needs to roll her height after the player forgot, winds up being something like 6'10"
>the biomancer gets really quiet for a bit after this
>should have been my warning sign
>second one is during a chase
>sororitas is a hiver, so she ignores the crowd
>scum is being ping ponged around the crowd because he's a midget
>biomancer asks if she can use shape flesh to make herself taller
>no real guidelines in the book, so rule that you can make yourself 10% taller or shorter
>"a-am I taller than the sororitas now?"
>10% taller than she is now is like 6'4", so no
>gets really quiet again
>scum's player glances at me
>biomancer starts asking questions like studying vermin to induce their abilities in herself, filtering out toxins
>reassure her that she doesn't need to do anything special to get her other biomancy powers
>"but what if I want to do something special?"
>well, if she can come up with something special, maybe
>the next session she tries to take a blood sample of the sororitas when she's sleeping
>only caught because the techpriest doesn't
>tries to claim she wanted to increase her bulk, but we're not stupid
>cycling through different excuses and reasoning
>the sororitas' player is actually completely fine with the idea of it, but also weirded out by how she's acting
>biomancer looks like she's on the verge of tears when I tell her no
>just goes silent for the rest of the session
>group texts are just full of her rolling in her misery after we all get home
Edited down for one post, but I've never seen this shit out of her before. Not kicking her out yet, but she will not be coming back for any future campaigns if she keeps this up.
>>
>>92510686
I dislike the way "session 0" gets sorta formalized as a thing.
Back in my day we just fucking talked about shit like normal people.
"Hey, what are you playing?"
"I'm thinking this, you?"
"Oh if you're playing that I think I'll try this."
"Oh hey, you wanna make them related?"
"Ah that works, less for me to do that way."

And the whole trigger card nonsense... Like... Why the fuck is rape even on the table to begin with that we have to have a discussion about the nuance and availability of rape in the campaign?
Christ. It's like people are 5.
>>
>>92519886
>I don't understand what this guy's deal was.
It's not a drow player thing.
It's a Drizzt player thing.
They want to be The HeroTM. If the story isn't about them and if they have any sort of hardship or pushback... Well, that's not something for the main character!
>>
>>92543118
>industry standard is $30
He should unironically kill himself.
>>
>>92544964
That's the kind of thing you have as a backstory for a kingdom, anon.
Not the in media res story the players can participate in.
>>
>>92547456
I don't get it, either. I've been doing session 0s for years without calling them that, I just called them prologues and set up a group chat for people to hash things out and ask questions before even coming to the table. The other day I had to explain this to a new player by saying 'it's like if session 0 was over text and lasted a week' before they got it and it made me feel old for the first time.
>>
>>92547550
Yeah. Nowadays it's over a messaging client. Works really well and is simple.
Back then we'd just see each other and talk at lunch or recess.
Still, the need to formalize just having a conversation, not being a shithead... And those cancel card things? Can't people just use their words or did everyone get lobotomized at 5 when I wasn't looking?
>>
Kek
>>
>>92547597
I can't really speak to the cancel or stop cards or whatever they're called, but the idea that it's because people have locked up... I don't know, it feels like too neat and tidy of an explanation to be true, you know? I'm sure that people are using them because they're too shy or nervous for confrontation, but I feel like it's something that is formed between two extremes of comfort. You have the people who take the written word of games extremely seriously and go way too hard on doing things 'authentically' - and I think are the people that are actually being complained about when people talk about storyshitters - and then the weirdos they have to find when nobody wants to play those sorts of campaigns with them. Like, the flags seems like the kind of system you wind up with when you both don't feel like you can actually have a discussion with the other players in the group AND you can't just kick problem players out, because if you did there wouldn't be much of a group.

It seems like it's maybe a young person's kind of thing. I work with young people and teenagers at a volunteer center all the time, and they are the exact demographic that would be pulled into this sort of thing. Just getting old enough that they're starting to have convictions, but not yet mature enough to avoid taking them so seriously. They would read some old school setting and go 'this setting deals with the complexities and trauma inherent in rape, and so to accurately represent this setting in play I must thread the needle on presenting this to my group of dungeon crawlers' and it's like... Forgotten Realms or something. I had plenty of garbage like that I got hopped up about when I was younger, too, so I have a hard time blaming them, but I feel like that's where the groundswell on it comes from these days.
>>
>>92547842
I don't feel right blaming the kiddos about it, because I see it mostly from people my age (filthy millennial here).
Your example of near autistically following some random text to the extreme WTFiswrongwithyou end point makes sense to me... I was a dumb child too.
But even as a dumb child... I would talk to my group and be all "hey, I'm not really down for graphic rape scene, so let's NOT do that since that seems to be the direction we're heading"... though I guess I've been fortunate enough in my groups over the years to not have run into Piss Wizards so everyone involved has been really above board.

Except one.
That gross fuck made a terrible self insert character who was a cisgender transwoman, painted in the trans flag colors, whose backstory was a cringefest of insult and weirdly homophobic and transphobic.
>>
>>92547916
I can't say I've ever seen it in actual play, from my experience at least it's something that people mostly talk about, but never do. However, I tend to get into a lot of games via the players in previous games recommending me to the GM or inviting me to play in whatever they're GMing, so my groups tend to share the same rough values. In terms of Piss Wizards, I've met a few, but we tend to run under the assumption that your magical realm is fine so long as you aren't demanding other people help you make it real. One player wants to play a genderbent girl looking to get her tits back? No problem, they'll even get in on it and have some fun bringing it up every now and then. Another player wants to dramatically sacrifice their life and have a huge impact on the party? Reception gets frosty pretty quick, even though it's way less degenerate.

>terrible self insert character who was a cisgender transwoman
...isn't... I could have sworn cis and trans were opposites? If you were trans, but also cis.. you were always a woman, but transitioned into... a woman?
>>
>>92543118
>"industry standard is $30"
Let me guess, he works at McDonald's or is otherwise completely unsuccessful in actual business? These are the words of a completely delusional and out-of-touch person.
>>
>>92548016
>One player wants to play a genderbent girl looking to get her tits back? No problem, they'll even get in on it and have some fun bringing it up every now and then.
See, it's fine when it's just one person doing their own thing with THEIR character... The Piss Wizard becomes a problem when they're the DM and forcing that fetish onto your characters without your consent.
>Another player wants to dramatically sacrifice their life and have a huge impact on the party? Reception gets frosty pretty quick, even though it's way less degenerate.
That's definitely cause of how awful Main Character syndrome (now called That Guyism) is for a group.

>...isn't... I could have sworn cis and trans were opposites? If you were trans, but also cis.. you were always a woman, but transitioned into... a woman?
Oh yes. You are indeed correct.
Buckle up, buckaroo.
She made this cisgender female character with a backstory of having a wife and a son.
And the explanation was that one day she was magically transformed into a man.
Somehow.
Which she then ran back to her lesbian wife to have heterosexual intercourse with, making her pregnant.
Then got magically changed back into a woman.
Somehow.
I can only imagine, assuming that this wasn't a gross fetish thing, that she thought the group was such inbred retarded chuds that if we saw two women and a kid we would shit ourselves in need of an explanation for that.
Instead of just going "ok" and moving on.
I assume it wasn't a fetish thing because she always talked down to everyone in the group like we were all retarded.
>>
>>92548138
>The Piss Wizard becomes a problem when they're the DM and forcing that fetish onto your characters without your consent.
Apparently my fetishes are pretty tame, in the opinion of my group. They keep telling me to include more of them, and I'm starting to suspect they might just have a thing for boobplate and operator girls.

>Which she then ran back to her lesbian wife to have heterosexual intercourse with, making her pregnant.
>Then got magically changed back into a woman.
>Somehow.
Strangely, I think I would have respected it more if she just got turned into a futa or bought the potion on purpose.
>I assume it wasn't a fetish thing because she always talked down to everyone in the group like we were all retarded.
I knew a guy when I was in high school who always went on about the -4 Str thing and how it wasn't real, and in retrospect I think he was grappling really hard with the hard truth that people aren't equal. This smells similar to me.
>>
>>92544964
I'm with you anon. I can see how the rogue's killing of them could make others uncomfortable, but as a scenario it's pretty interesting. My only question is why the empire didn't find some willing elven women instead of provoking a political conflict. Surely a few, at least, could have been persuaded with money and promises of nobility.
>>
>>92543203
If someone's gonna put rapeduction cuckstories into a game don't be shocked when someone says "fuck this" and just kills everyone out of spite.
>>
>>92547431
What level of autism is this
>>
>>92548308
>Strangely, I think I would have respected it more if she just got turned into a futa or bought the potion on purpose.
Or just have been... Y'know... A trans woman.
So many noncreepy not gross options that are infinitely more respectable.
Like we didn't even need the explanation for her lesbian character having a wife and child.
But she sure thought we did.
I think that's what annoys me about it. Cause she clearly believed all this convolution was necessary for her character to make sense.
>>
>>92547431
Kek is the player short? My sister has a height complex because she's 5' and I'm 6'1. She's always going on about how she wants to steal my height and how it isn't fair that she's small. I guess that kind of thing is real on a girl's psyche.
>>
>>92548755
Yeah agreed, seems exactly on the level with every other edgy thing mentioned in the post
>>
File: 782.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
Not any particular one scenario but I've noticed a weird phenomenon in my years of play.
People always poke fun at the idea of men playing female characters and that its always some weird magical realm shit. Funny enough I've almost always seen the inverse and its always the most uncomfortable cringey shit.
>Men playing women.
>Usually RELATE to the persons tastes, but are often just regular people/characters. Worst is maybe silly #girlstuff like wanting to go shopping or lightly flirt with an NPC
>Women playing men
>Fujo tier wish fulfillment. Guy is clearly their ideal male they want to fuck or a massive twinkish fuccboi. Usually "super misunderstood" and "tragic" but always "a sweet guy underneath all that darkness" that "just needs someone to fix them."
Has anyone experienced this at a table or do I have the worlds weirdest luck?
I swear every time Ive played with a female player thats piloting a male its an extremely uncomfortable experience and theyre dripping with magical realm while dudes playing girls has been corny at its absolute worst.
>>
>>92549754
FtM troons are always batshit too, women don't understand men at all and are tremendously unempathetic.
>>
>>92549754
Something I've actually noticed is that I'm actively awful at playing interesting male characters. I don't know what it is, I just sort of instinctively slip into bit character mode. Sometimes that's what's called for and I have a blast doing it, but if it's a more story-heavy campaign I just... flounder unless I'm playing something more removed from myself, like a woman or an alien or monster race.

>>92548934
Actually, no. She's one of the taller women I've known at 5'9", but it's like she actually believes the 5'11" vs 6'0" meme and thinks she's not really 'tall' unless she has a head on other people. I've known she's had a predilection for wanting to one-up people for a long time now, but I've never seen her have such a... bizarre and frankly kind of pathetic meltdown over it.

>>92548819
Also that, but presumably someone like that would want a reason for her character to be 'naturally' a woman.
>>
File: IMG_6221.jpg (61 KB, 702x562)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>92486786
I’ve joined an online game just so I can participate in these threads. I’ve been playing TTRPGs for twelve years but nobody’s ever done anything remotely cringe cuz it’s all my mates.

It’s weird being in a campaign literally just waiting for something cringe to happen. Nothing even close has yet. I’m honestly having a nice time. Maybe I’m just lucky as fuck?
>>
>>92550047
>bizarre and frankly kind of pathetic meltdown over it.
It's funny that that's what triggers her. Every enemy is now a woman slightly taller than her.
>>
>>92549754
Women don't have to have a filter any more because society coddles them, so they are able to shit out cringe more unapologetically then men. Men will notice or get shit on by the other players for doing cringe shit so they either correct their behaviors or are not invited.
>>
>>92548026
hes unemployed and lives on a disability pension. and yes he is totally out of touch, has no common sense or lived experience. he has played with people online only before he decided to play with us and he was forever having falling outs with them and leaving camaigns
>>
>>92550427
Yes and no. Theres a million variables in finding a social circle.
Hell, cringe MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED, but maybe you all just laughed it off or are on a similar enough wavelength that its your flavor of fun, and theres nothing wrong with that.
Alot of these stories and complaints are of or about people who just cannot take a hint, or were raised in an environment where certain behaviors were never moderated.
>>
File: IMG_4596.jpg (25 KB, 397x397)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>92551213
>hell, cringe MIGHT HAVE HAPPENED
I guess I can see this. Like, there was a time they fought some harpies, and a player rolled to see what their character would know about harpies, and they rolled the max possible so I just let them see the Monster Manual. Well, another player caught a glimpse of the bird titties in the art and immediately decided he wanted to seduce the harpy, which I can see being deemed cringe at some tables depending on how it was handled.

But at mine, everyone came together to help him out, the Druid gave him a shiny moonstone to attract her attention, the warlock gave him a severed toe to propose with, and he illusioned himself to be a muscle bound mothman, and totally won her affection.

She carried him off to her nest, but once he heard chicks chirping he was like “nah, I don’t wanna be a stepdad” and noped outta there. He was then able to drop a rope to the others and they circumvented a ton of the dungeon, which would drive a spergier DM insane. But I just thought it was cool, they turned a silly meme seduction into constructive problem-solving teamwork. I don’t really see how it could be cringe, maybe at other, more autistic tables it would have been weird or awkward.
>>
>>92550884
Ding ding ding. What a fucking loser.
>>
>>92551628
Remember that cringe is very subjective, but if your table finds that kind of stuff fun and roll with it, thats all that matters. Alot of frustrations about cringe and uncomfortable situations is spawned from a lack of communication (on both sides).
From time to time you get a genuine sperg but thats par for the course.
I play in a game where I have two female players and all they want their characters to do during downtime is kiss and woo each other, but when its session time theyre actively engaging and participating with the party. I simply told them that I wont be looking at any of those specific chat logs, its not to my tastes, but if its the fun they want to have thats fine (as long as its not overtly disruptive.)
People doubt how far basic communication can take you in this hobby
>>
>>92551691
I would read those chat logs
>>
>>92546592
>contempt
It's recounting horrible shit, it doesn't mean all table experiences are bad. And quite frankly, anyone who's played more than a little bit has at least one terrible experience, unless they're strangely lucky and only play with stable individuals.
>>
>>92547431
Tbh I'm actually surprised given it's almost always men who get asshurt over height. Is it an actual, biological woman?
>>
>>92550427
To be fair, with remote games alot of the weirdness gets filtered out. You can still get some stuff but the kind of raw autism you see people bring to the table is harder to replicate. You can wear your cum-stained shirt in a online game and nobody will know unless you tell them.
>>
>>92533724
>>92501795
>>92498433
Shirts have
>more surface area
>easier to catch fluids
>can be used far longer before needing to wash them
>are the most efficient at absorbing
>if the t-shirt is white you can heavily bleech it unlike some tea towels
>>
>>92553461
Yeah, she's not trans. Scum's player is also female, Sororitas and our techpriest are men.
>>
>>92553535
I just assumed most of that guys HAVE to be terminally online hopeless incels. Maybe I gotta show up to a FLGS for this kind of cringe. Or maybe if I stick it out in my online campaign someone will reveal their autism eventually.

I just want to bear witness to this shit in real life ONCE. Until then I can’t even wrap my head around all these stories.
>>
>>92553654
>are the most efficient at absorbing
That’s not even true, a paper towel or washcloth would be WAY more efficient at absorbing, that’s literally what they’re made to do. Paper towels have the massive advantage of discretion, and washcloths can be easily used for multiple sessions as well.

Besides, even if you HAVE to cum in a shirt like a total retard, how fucking massively spaced out do you have to be to then go and put that same shirt on??? You have to be an absolute slug of a human actively dedicated to the admittance of all facets of hygiene from your life. In which case I’m shocked you have other humans willing to physically interact with you.
>>
>>92553863
>the single anon who has never That Guy
>is sad about it
I think the 'grass is greener' saying was invented for you, anon.
>>
>>92550616
Untrue. A friend of mine is heavily filtered. On Snapchat and TikTok.

>>92553863
Depending on the FLGS crowd, some of them filter That Guys. Mine has Adventurers' League, and it's full of normies. I suspect the That Guys have either decided it isn't worth their attention, or been bounced from the table.

Now, when it's Magic or Pokemon, that's a different story. But for RPGs they seem to be in private groups. And trust me, that kind of thing is a special kind of hell and you are lucky not to have experienced it.
>>
>>92553920
My apologies, I should have added most efficient out of washable options. While toilet paper and paper towels could absorb more cum, you're then wasting money. As for washcloths, that's still less surface area that requires more frequent washing.
>do you have to wear it
I'm not the one wearing their cum-shirt dumbo, I'm just saying that it is the best cum rag option.
>>
>>92498433
Tissues aren't that great honest, they just get soaked through immediately unless you use like half the box at once.
>>
>>92534243
so did you guys fuck irl
>>
>>92554480
There's a reason they make male branded tissues, which is also why they're super absorbent
>>
>>92554595
>male branded tissues
They sell tissues specifically for cum?
>>
>>92552029
Anon, its just fujoshi Twilight-tier highschool romance bullshit. Ive checked. Its just not worth my time to keep checking.
Just feel bad for both of these womens husbands
>>
I just use a beach towel I keep on the floor next to my chair. I haven't washed it in years.
>>
>>92554480
Average cum volume is like 5ml, what the hell kind of shitty tissues are you using that can't deal with a whopping 5ml of fluid?
>>
>>92554480
I just use four squares of toilet paper folded over, works fantastic. Weirdly it's the fourth square that makes it impervious, only three and it falls to pieces.
>>
bump
>>
>>92486786
>when someone keeps trying to be funny and they're not funny
That's me. Tried this before, never again.
>the person you're sitting next to has halitosis
This is most likely also me.
>players start making out at the table
Never seen this, but I'll feel sad if I see it because I've never had a gf.
>>
I love cring threads.
>>
Player had a breakdown out of nowhere while making their character. I just filled it out for them and looked away.
>>
>>92489357
We tried this exact thing as a joke on deployment. Easily the best session I've ever played. You just sound like a joyless faggot.
>>
>>92547424
>Don't play TTRPGs with BPD trannies.
Might as well just ask him to not play anymore.
>>
>>92499018
Tell them the game is rated PG-13, and to treat violence and sex like they're in a marvel movie. Always used the movie rating system to prime my players expectations for how much degen shit they can get away with. If you want to kiss a character then sure, but full on making out doesn't fly. You want to punch a guy then sure, but smashing their orbital bones until their face is permanently disfigured isn't cool
>>
>>92547431
It *is* weird, but also not game-breaking - if she wants to play the tallest character *and* finds an in-game way of achieving that goal, why not?
>>
>>92548138
Dude, I don't see the problem? Magical genderbender transformations are a pretty classic trope (surprisingly popular with girls), so maybe that was just her jam as opposed to playing a transwoman?
>>
>>92486786
>guy wants to run game
>makes pc of girl he likes the unofficial MC
>game world makes no sense
>things happen for lulz random or because he thinks girl will like it
>everyone is being tested
>one session, my cleric goes to the stables to check on our horses (and get away from the latest batch of far higher level gmpc's)
>"the donkey in the stall over is looking at you in a very hornyish way. You can see he has an erection"
>lolnope, make to leave
>"roll grapple anon"
>roll something like an 18+ my not insignificant bonuses
>"your pushed to your knees and you feel your pants sliding down as the donkey starts to mount you"
>lolnope roll to escape, get a 20+ every buff and bonus I can call upon
>"not enough anon, you feel the donkey dick enter you"
>other party members meta'd reasons to go to the stables and help me, but gm insisted they arrived just in time to see the donkey "finish up"
>lol actually rape donkey is a god of lolsrandumb and you can't kill it
>fine, take myself out the vack, rp some ptsd weapons maintenance, then shoot myself in the head with my crossbow
>"night guys" leave the call
>gm later tells me I "ruined the session"
>game fell apart soon after when he made girls pc the "chosen one" and had the party trapped in some maze timeloop thing
>>
>>92568063
>"not enough anon, you feel the donkey dick enter you"
I'm sorry that happened, anon, but also that's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>92489357
This is just Disco Elysium
>>
>>92498632
>The (other) Canadian in my gaming group is constantly trying to bring up genocide as a solution to our characters' problems, which inevitably leads to him derailing the session to bring up Canadian politics
Canadian or Canadian (Indian)?
>>
>>92500568
>It was a trans… on discord
Zozzle
>>
>>92567764
Mostly it was weird in a party that doesn't really have that much conflict between themselves, but also she didn't just want to be tall. What I also left out is that she wanted to copy traits and characteristics with her studying bit, and she insisted that her Agility would HAVE to go up if she got taller. She'd already made a few joky attempts to study the techpriest's brain a few sessions ago, and that made it all make sense.
That's the thing that wound up triggering her meltdown, I told her it was a hard no, because she wasn't going to just copy every party member's best traits to become the best at everything. If she wanted more Strength, she could pay xp for it like a normal person. Really, I have to credit the scum's player for noticing the thread before I did- she asked what she would do if another party member was better with a sword or stronger than her, and she admitted that she would want to copy that too. 'with consent' my fucking ass
>>
>>92555396
It's the elephant in the room. Why would a man keep buying tissues? It's not because their noses are significantly bigger.
>>
>>92550047
>>92550566
Introduce her to high heels anon. She'll be able to be 6'2".
>>
>>92556791
>Just feel bad for both of these womens husbands
They were letting them interact with other men already without supervision. They're lucky they're just lezzing out
>>
>>92568063
>gm later tells me I "ruined the session"
This your GM?
>>
>>92558938
Old socks for me.
>>
File: 1000000232.jpg (621 KB, 1728x3072)
621 KB
621 KB JPG
>Players is highly insistent on torturing captive
>Not wanting to go down that rabbit hole, I say he just gives up info (I wasn't planning on making it too hard to get him to talk anymore)
>Player insists on beating him to death anyway

It's a small thing, but it stood out in a group that was otherwise just heroic adventures. Thank goodness it was just a one shot
>>
>>92486786
>couple used to play together in our club
>one session they had a full on argument mid way
>everyone awkwardly sat there while they screamed obscenities at each other
>shit that would not only make you cringe but some super personal shit you wouldn’t want anyone knowing
>they broke up there and both left
>entire group quiet and everyone slowly leaves
>>
>>92568063
Lmao that is so unhinged it's hilarious. I wonder what his notes are. Probbably something like:
>cater [event] so the female likes it more
>surround the female with gigachad DMPCs, hopefully she lays one and we get to erp
>subject Anon to god of Donkey ~~Kong~~ Rape
>have a good time detailing it amd making him gay
>declare the female the chosen one
>rape timeloop
>>
>>92490675
>>92490778
>>92498433
>>92501795
>>92519601
>>92533724
>>92553654
>zoomers don't have socks
god damn I feel old

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.