[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Combat Tricks Edition

Here is a thread to discuss trading card games other than the big three.
>Build Divide
>Force of Will
>Final Fantasy TCG
>DBZ CCG
>Wixoss
>Keyforge
>Gundam
>Legend of the 5 Rings (L5R)
>Digimon
>Flesh and Blood
>Gate Ruler
>Battle Spirits
>Ashes
>One Piece
>The other DBZ game
>Sorcery
>Doomtown
>Magi Nation
>Warlord
etc.

Post about card games you've played and help other anons get to know your games!

>Wixoss Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/LC8SpttH

>Force of Will Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/aGEBEKeF

>Dragonball GT Shadow Dragon saga rulebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pj_0YeUXI5g4XyKwbAXJuZCGt3qWJwyp

>Gate Ruler Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/nbcZP0nB

>Build Divide Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/1cQT2pkz

>Flesh and Blood Pastebin
https://rentry.org/oypcs

>Ashes Reborn Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/2jr0EG9S

>Netrunner Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/g3yQAQ7w

Play with /acg/ through voice chat! No text chat so coordinate in thread to get some games in.
https://discord.gg/rCQFKcGcEP

>Last Thread
>>92504458

>Thread Question:
Do you ever think low/restricted card draw is a good core rule for a game?
>>
Dbz twice in a row? I think not.

Yep me more about the warlord game. How many ways are there to play, how hard will it be to find lords of war?

Be as forthwith as you like if you want me to join your kickstarting venture.
>>
Bulma is a whore. This is the thread.
>TQ
Handfixing should be upped in every game. Being fucked over by a bad draw is a bad mechanic. Weiss Schwarz lets you not only draw at the start of your turn, but take 1 damage to draw 2. It's beautiful and elegant... I could cum right now just thinking abou -- OHHHHH~~~~!!!
>>
Does anyone actually play FaB?
>>
Fusion World spoiler season fucking sucks. There's still like 100 cards in the set left to show and they're showing fucking alternate arts of SRs instead of new cards this is fucking awful.
>>
FOWbros
I'm new to the game but Oberon, Fairy King caught my interest. Are there any decks or cards you could recomend to build a deck around him?
>>
>>92532695
The commons will all be trash so who cares.
>>
>>92532669
I've been grinding games on talishar in preparation for proquest season and tangentially sizing up which hero to lust after in Mistveil prerelease.

What would you like to discuss?
>>
>>92532695
Why u people always like to complain?
WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT COMMONS
>>
>>92532896
Actually commons make up a solid core of playing cards in a game like flesh and blood, often times leaving decks purely of higher rarity only worse off than they would be to include them.
>>
>>92532896
Lower rarity cards can still be powerful especially on a new game with a small card pool, retard. Maybe not commons but uncommons and rares and there's still a shitload of them to be shown.
>>
>>92532669
I just finished jerking it to Prism's feet, so you could say I'm familiar with it
>>
>>92532896
Commons and rares(uncommons) make up a lot of shells and workhorses in Wixoss and other games. And like already mentioned when you have only a few options and you’re color/archetype/type locked they’re especially worth looking at.
>>
>>92532820
>>92532896
>A whole class of cards are irrelevant
Sounds like a shit game
>>
File: MP01-046.jpg (70 KB, 480x670)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>92532710
>Decks
Unfortunately, Oberon was printed in the Valhalla Cluster, which was basically a massive beta test for the game. As a result, cards from that cluster aren't legal in any competitive format so there are no lists for him and cards from that cluster aren't even used widely in a casual environment either..

That said, if you still want to make an elf deck with him for casual play, quite a few elf support cards were printed in the most recent set.
>Pic related
>>
>>92533588
There aren't even classes in FW, you disingenuous piece of shit. Spread your lies elsewhere.
>>
Post your favorite Common from your favorite acg
>>
File: CB13-077.png (178 KB, 500x729)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>92533866
>>
File: 07sd.png (1.41 MB, 879x1234)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>>92533866
>>
Sorcery bros, continuing from the previous thread: how much of a pump and dump is this game?
>>
>>92533866
The card that beats this out is a starter only card, so not technically a common even though it basically fits the same bill. Also way more mechanically useful than these derps.

>>92533602
>casual play
Happen to have any recommendations for battlebox rulers?
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (145 KB, 815x1090)
145 KB
145 KB JPG
>>92533866
>>
>>92533993
>The card that beats this out is a starter only card, so not technically a common even though it basically fits the same bill
Please feel free to post it
>>
File: Metall.png (508 KB, 681x927)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
>>92533866
I am going to cheat and post this.
>>
File: GBT13_101EN.jpg (55 KB, 350x510)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>92533866
>>
>>92534232
Post the print and play. I wanna try it out.
>>
>>92534305
I don't have the MegaMan version in a printable format right now. I can post the non-IP version if you're still interested have 3 friends you can coax into playing it.
>>
>>92532669
Nope. Not a single person.
Most FaB posts online are paid actors.
>>
>>92532695
The fact that the game has zero flavour doesn't help at all. Every card is just some basically random combination of rules text and a picture of a character.
>>
>>92534557
This, but unironically.
>>
dual-thread drifting because I upset mexico and got deported for a bit.
>>92527459
yes, but the game play is also very good
>>92527927
surprised by how nice these look. is UA worth playing or just another shitty bandai game?
>>92527938
I would like to see all the yuri cards in much greater detail.
>>92528218
Realistically how many people actually reply to youtube polls? I wasnt even aware they existed.
>>92528917
>>92528856
He has mentioned enough random /acg/ games there is zero way he doesnt lurk here.
>>
>>92534726
I don't want to get banned so you can check yuri cards in their official gallery
https://divinecross.jp/card-gallery/post-4/
>>
>>92534823
YURIFAGS IN BODYBAGS
>>
>>92534823
>actual fucking nipples
were so close. one day. luv slave is tech all sfw! unlike nasty nipples!
>>
>>92534881
>>92534885
Last origin sets are even better
>>
File: Loli.png (429 KB, 534x764)
429 KB
429 KB PNG
>>92534823
I attack with naked glasses wearing whore!
>>
>>92534921
attack ACCEPTED.
>>
File: diabolic_lure.jpg (53 KB, 358x500)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>92534921
not so fast
>>
>>92534885
soon
https://divinecross.jp/card-gallery/post-7/
>>
>>92534983
>>92534823
not enough lewd lolis
>>
>>92533649
How do you play card games with this level of literacy?
>>
>>92535626
What are you talking about retard? Fusion World has colors, not classes.
>>
>>92532151
Well there isn’t many variations in how you play it. 50 cards playset being 3 is the main way with variations being the formats (Ancients = all sets are legal, some cards are banned or restricted)(Edition Legal = all the sets from an edition are legal; there are currently 4 editions: Saga, Campaign , Epic , 4th edition ; soon there will be the 5th edition, aka the kickstarter and everything after). There has been a 80 cards singleton format but people soon realized how shit that was. The new company wants to make an alternate format that is 80 cards a deck, playsets of 3 cards, and instead of starting with 1 warlord you would start with Two.

About how common Warlords will be:
5e will have decks for all factions, each with an warlord, those warlords will also be available in the booster boxes but with different art. Also the booster boxes will apparently have a second set of warlords. So in total the first set will have 12 Warlords. They said they will have an extra rarity from now on (common, uncommon, rare, and now legendary) and people are speculating that all warlords will be legendary rarity save for some odd ones (like the blue one on the right, in the picture, this one was uncommon in the old editions while all warlords were rares or only available in decks)

The Kickstarter will have a “Box of Greed” that will be all reprints of cards might want from older editions, and so far the box has like 4-5 reprinted warlords.
>>
File: l2read.png (138 KB, 1080x694)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
>>92535636
Please be bait.
I'm referring to common cards as a class of cards you idiot.
>>
>>92535783
Nobody is going to play a goddamn deck of all commons. They might play red or blue or green but FW doesn't have a format for playing only one rarity, that's stupid because the highest rarity deck would win every time. ARe you fucking high>?
>>
>>92535783
"Class" is not a category in this game, retard. Read the image you posted.
>>
>>92535814
Who are you replying to? Cause it doesn't seem like you are responding to anything I said.
>a single rarity format is stupid because the highest rarity deck would win
Damn, you're good. Either that or a special kind of stupid.
Good job mate, got a laugh out of me. You are truly FW's strongest warrior.
>>
If like half of a meta deck isn't built with commons, your game is a scam.
>>
>>92535912
>no argument
Kekywoowoo.
>>
>>92535783
Basically every post in this thread is dogshit bait. People do nothing but deliberately misinterpret everything so they have can have gay little arguments about nothing. I don't think anyone in this thread actually wants to talk about card games.
>>
>>92535692
Will the Box of greed have playsets of all the cards?
>>
>>92535814
Does FW have a workable "commoner" format? E. G. Commons only?

Flesh and Blood both supports it and doesn't have a workable one, they really need to make it commons + rares for each hero to have their basic gameplay present. Not like rares cost more than a quarter.
>>
>>92532820
as a wiser man once said of tcgs "if the commons are trash, the game is trash".
I've yet to see an example where it didn't hold.
>>
>>92536187
>DBS Masters went to shit when they stopped printing staples in common.
It checks out.
>>
>>92536155
That is a good question indeed. I have no idea but my guts say it will have either a playset (3) or be a 2 off for most non-warlords and non-EPIC (epic = can only have 1 copy of that card in deck;; it is like a “restricted” keyword that some old cards had)
>>
>>92536258
Or be a 1 off for every card but if thresholds are passed they add another copy of some cards or add a new card to it
>>
>>92536187
>>92536235
it's a truism because it naturally reflects where a company's priorities are at. if you're a publisher and your focus is on making a game for players, you want all your cards to be playable. balance doesn't always work exactly as intended, but you'll generally try to make commons the solid foundational cards you want a lot of in a deck, the uncommons the more powerful/expensive versions, and the rares will be the flashy unique cards that will be at the center of hype plays but only a few in a deck. basically, you want your constructed deck ratios to mirror your pack ratios on some level.

if on the other hand your goal as a publisher is just to get people to buy as many packs as possible without caring if the game suffers, you'll naturally aim to make rares pushed to the point that lower rarities will be useless. simple math, people need more rares, they buy more packs. so it naturally follows that the point in a game's life where the statement "commons are trash" is true is also the point where the publisher's priorities shifted from making a good game to fucking the players over. this is also, not coincidentally, when the median price of competitive decks tends to spike.
>>
>>92536442
If your set is 120 cards, split up 60c 30u 20r and 10sr, and if all rarities are equally powerful, then decks should be likewise roughly 50% commons and around 10% super rares.

That still means super rares will be more expensive, because there's just strictly fewer of them.
>>
https://twitter.com/BSS_TCG/status/1780944370268520642
Final purple X Rares, now we're cooking
>>
File: GLcRcG6bMAAg9Xu.jpg (813 KB, 2665x1776)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
May tournament promo.

Bandit of the Great Fire Country, Enya
<Territory> [AUTO] When this unit is placed, target 1 card in your Cemetery and put it into the Energy Zone rested. If you put, then, put 1 card from your Energy Zone into the Cemetery.
>>
>>92532695
i'm just confused on how they didn't even consider to even update the website weekly with the lesser stuff
>>
>>92536442
That's very well said. Here's to commons, ones with places in our decks not just bricks in a box.
>>
>>92536545
"Equally powerful" and "included at an equal rate in decks" are not quite the same thing. a staple resource card (which should be at common) and a powerful build-around engine card (a good candidate for a rare) might be equally viable, but the former will show up in far more decks.
>>
>>92534231
Can do!
>>
>>92536155
I'd bet it'll be singleton, that's probably the optimal choice for the creators, from various axes of comparison: production complexity, gross revenue, etc.

I hope it's a "all you need" box of old stuff, but if that's the way they go, it'll be like $300. Maybe they'll break it up in some way to still allow smaller buy-ins (which they need if they hope to expand the player base with this KS)
>>
File: lq_Aqua_Hulcus.jpg (1.5 MB, 1472x2040)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>92538101
>a staple resource card (which should be at common)
>powerful build-around engine card (a good candidate for a rare)
To give an old Duel Masters example, Aqua Hulcus and Energy Stream are the definition of generic card draw generation, and are both Common. On the other end you have Bolmeteus, which is strong but not nearly as generically useful, basically perfect as a build around win condition for a deck, and it's a Super Rare.
>>
Question for Build Divide players:
The way deckbuilding and pre-game setup work, it's theoretically possible to stack your life zone with busters and die in one or two attacks. However, have there been stories of that happening out in the wild? Maybe at tournaments?
>>
>>92540109
ya
>>
>>92540109
Never heard of it at a big-level event. It may have happened here or there at a locals but the probability is astronomically small.
>>
>>92534823
"Are you winning, son?"
>>
>pull a marvel figment and 2 legendary's from one box

uhhh there goes all my luck for the next month
>>
>>92538324
I'd prefer they make the box smaller with Playsets than making the box larger with singles.

>but if that's the way they go, it'll be like $300
And if they go singleton, it's going to be more than $300 to get enough boxes to get playsets, so I'd rather they just do playsets,
>>
>>92540968
what game?
>>
File: Sakazuki.jpg (42 KB, 350x489)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
For those of you who play One Piece, how big is the power difference between a petdeck and a competitive deck?
My small town has a rather big group that plays it and it got me interested, and to start with the decks I'd like to build are a Navy one and Germa 66, but apparently both of those are legitimately top tier tournament level decks.
The local group is apparently very casual with upgraded precon decks and some memes like pure fishmen full aggro, and if I show up with a deck worth a few thousand dollars I'm afraid it wouldn't be fun with play with me, but I really really like Germa 66 and Navy as a theme and I heavily enjoy making thematic decks over strong ones, it just so happened that this time both coincided.
I don't know if I should go for it anyway or try and find a budget cope that I might like anyway like the latest Kid, the Zoro & Sanji, or the upcoming Ace.
>>
>>92540968
Lucky fuck. Enjoy it while it lasts.
I haven't pulled anything good in 6 months.
>>
>>92541128
reminder that 87% of gamblers quit right before they hit it big
>>
>>92541113
Fab

>>92541128
I go in expecting nothing
>>
>>92541785
>Fab
sad to hear it, bro. hope your brain heals soon
>>
>>92540109
It's possible, but extremely unlikely. In every match I've played against myself there has always been a fairly even split between busters, shots, and non triggers for both sides.
>>
>>92536163
proper format? no, currently we have a regular format (similar to Masters which is pretty much anything goes aside from bans and erratas) and sealed format (IIRC it's 6 packs, 40 card decks? Missed my local prerelease for Set 1), though you can more than realistically build a common only deck with little extra effort, picrel is basically the Red starter deck but maxxed out on commons

>>92536235
>DBS Masters went to shit
fixed
>>
>>92542450
>IIRC it's 6 packs, 40 card decks?
4 Packs 30 cards.

6/40 was Masters, but Bandai always fucks up their limited formats for some reason.
>>
>Victor
>Uzuri
>Boltyn
These are my toughest matchup. Throw boltyn out for dromai if she was still around. How do you lick the Vic? What fucks his strategy up better than anything else? Running consistently high number attacks to counter his clashes? Anti-Defense-Reaction cards?

Please, share your thoughts if you play any of those three heroes on what your weakpoints are.
>>
>>92542507
there we go, thanks, would've made it that day but some fuck brought his sick into the shop on starter prerelease and had me in bed for a week

not gonna miss set 2's though, red and yellow are too cracked to miss
>>
>>92542537
Who do you play as?
>>
>>92542537
Victor usually isn't playing a lot of d-reacts. You should play some yourself so you dont get fucked up by crush effects.
>>
File: tools of the trade.jpg (158 KB, 1616x521)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>92542686
The ones I've been facing on tali have packed sinks and staunches, maybe even unmovable red. I have actually sided in more D-Reacts where others in my class are not playing them. I'll just keep practicing the matchups though. Proquest is right around the corner.

>>92542661
Ranger danger, my girl from the Pits. I run a deck that has 12 reactions stuffed into it and it catches people off guard because none of the top competitive lists run them so they never expect to see them. First turn, win the coin toss into a nock, another blue, any old card to be swapped and a razor's edge is *chef's kiss* for starting off the tempo of the game. A lot of people force me to go first even if I lost the toss because they think I'll waste my best arrow on them when they can full hand block it.

This is a collection of sideboard cards that are not 100% vital to what the deck does, but are tools taken to deal with problematic matchups. Having this many D-reacts is something that is going well in testing, the unmoveables are the only one I'm considering dropping, however loading this in arsenal and stopping a 6 power attack with a single blue on hand is very useful and prevents me from entering a world of pain.
>>
Flesh and Blood is a turn based RPG converted into a TCG
>>
>>92543121
it's a lightning bolt turned into a lightning bolt
>>
>>92543121
neat
>>
>>92543121
You’re thinking Pokemon.
>>
File: EVR123.jpg (90 KB, 546x762)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>92543121
Turns?
>>
>>92542394
>against myself
I feel your pain
>>
>>92538876
When I think about blue card draw in Duel Masters I think about all the cards that Wizards nerfed into unplayable garbage when they changed the text from the Japanese versions
>>
>>92543618
replacing Cyber Brain with the totally different Brain Serum. Also swapping Marine Flower with Aqua Guard.
>>
>>92543671
Then again, the swapping of Marine Flower and Aqua Guard kindof makes sense. the concept of a turn 2 Crystal Javelin is something.
>>
>>92532669
I live in a rural era and can only play it when I travel to the city. Can we admit this "no online" model is retarded in modern times?
>>
>>92543988
>Can we admit this "no online" model is retarded in modern times?
i would admit that if i was a rotten liar like you
>>
>>92543988
Uh bro your talishar, tts mods and webcam tournaments?
>>
>>92543121
Turn based RPGs are just card games turned to video games from a time when game development was heavily inspired from already existing physical games
>>
>>92544241
>webcam tournaments
One of the worst things to ever happen to card games.
>>
>>92541127
Reiju is a tier 2 deck than can occasionally take games from the tier 1s, you auto lose against RP Law though, I don't think people would be too butthurt facing it with their meme decks. Sakazuki/Moria however are not fun to play against with anything outside the top 3-4 decks because it feels completely hopeless
>>
>>92544704
Born from necessity during covid. It wasn't all bad.
>>
>>92532669
I do
>>
>>92544918
are you a unicorn?
>>
>>92544704
they're a stopgap. obviously not as easy as a good sim, but better than tts. as far as online vs offline, you'd rather get games in person, but online games is better than no games. I'd probably only get 20% of the games I do if I only played in person, and there's a lot of great players I'd never even meet.
>>
>>92544936
No I just have a small group of frens and we play on Saturdays when we can
>>
>>92544954
you're not fooling anyone
>>
How the fuck do you beat guardians as prism

I dont get it
>>
>>92545159
what game
>>
File: GLWwwLiaEAAAQg6.jpg (1.87 MB, 4096x2304)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB JPG
>>
>>92544990
I don't need to fool anyone, I play the game
>>
>>92545187
sure you do buddy
>>
>>92545190
is it that hard to believe?
>>
>>92545216
ya
>>
>>92545159
Easy mode: Run Iris hybrid
Hard mode: Hope your passings stick and make sure your Halo turn aligns with your Suraya Flip
>>
File: 20240418_232141.jpg (2.7 MB, 4032x2268)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB JPG
>>92545223
do you believe me now?
>>
>>92545304
no, because my dorinthea deck is more pimped and i've never played either
>>
>>92545310
why do you have a deck and not play? That's sad
>>
>>92545319
because FaB is just a bunch of collectible cards. nobody actually plays. also you single-sleeve, which is much worse because it means you're poor lol
>>
>>92544730
What makes Sakazuki so oppressive? Is it possible to go for less busted options but still keeping the Navy theme?
>>
>>92545235
What am I supposed to halo I always feel I do it wrong
>>
>>92545327
They're for playing with you little goof lmao
>>
>>92545304
You have to make something like this with fab before anon believes you
https://youtu.be/P0y1sCkfwt8
>>
>>92545394
I'd honestly find it more incredulous if someone told me they played Wixoss or Battle Spirits Saga
>>
>>92544872
Getting mad at webcam games simply existing is silly. Shits good for testing or getting a game in when you’re hours away from playing with friends on a whim otherwise.

Far from the best way to play though.
>>
>>92545174
Why are the alts so different?
>>
>still want to play FW because i like playing my deck
>queue
>green deck
>close game
yep. the way she fucking goes
>>
File: average green player.jpg (40 KB, 639x698)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>92545513
I can't find opponents that don't run green or obnoxiously recommend that I should be running green. I'm talking Command by the way.
>>
>>92534823
>>92534983
Visual/light novel crossover game?
>>
>>92545373
>doesn't deny being poor
>still lying
see?
>>
>>92545235
What makes guardian so good against her?
>>
For as much as you might bitch or complain about the dominant deck or strategy, how likely are you to start playing it? Are you more like to dip out of the game?
>>
Frieza is a worthless leader. What's the point of switching cards to active mode if every other color just removes them with on-play effects?
>>
>>92545695
if the meta deck(s) aren't fun, i won't play it, simple as. i've competed in many tournaments for different card games and i have no problem driving hundreds of miles across the country to play a rogue deck and not place well just because i enjoy my deck. not even a poorfag, i could play the meta if i wanted.
>>
>>92545726
removal is a part of the game. yellow has the best chance against green, even though green will delete your cards. red can actually remove them, but blue just puts it back in your hand to play again. what's the problem? frieza is probably the the best non-green leader. cooler is also good, but he leans more into the ginyu wide-board faggotry while frieza can play control.
>>
>>92532669
One doesn't just "play" FaB, you compete for victory
>>
File: 35347646.jpg (4.35 MB, 1000x8736)
4.35 MB
4.35 MB JPG
>>92545509
This year's new gimmick is the returning Grandwalkers (with a twist)
In order to commemorate that, they're reprinting meta relevant magic cards with the Olym Grandwalkers on them.
>>
Where can I go to see recent Vanguard sets? I feel like they’ve added a bunch of new mechanics to the game and I’m interested in reading through a bunch of the cards.
>>
>>92545776
Proven wrong last thread. Fab is for fun.
>>
>>92546031
https://decklog-en.bushiroad.com/
https://cardfight.fandom.com/wiki/Cardfight!!_Vanguard_Wiki
The wiki's a bit slow to update, but it does have translations for everything that hasn't been released outside Japan yet.
>>
>>92546220
Thanks!
>>
File: GIoOSwxbUAAktku.jpg (915 KB, 2048x1418)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
>>92545235
Against Guardian, you generally try to save Halo for the following scenarios:
A. You are attacking with Herald of Erudition, they are attempting to pop it without covering it (bad player) with a card that is exactly 6 power (also bad player), so you tutor for Figment of Triumph, prevent the pop, hitconfirm the Herald, draw 2 cards, tutor Figment of Erudition, flip it, and kinda just pop off with a bunch of angels to cushion your next turn.
B. You need to tutor a figment for one reason or another. Most of the time this will be for Figment of Triumph against Guardian to prevent a pop, or it's because you're about to pop off with two or three Tome of Divinities to drop down a few auras that they can't deal with.

The deck is pretty complex and the lines almost get Yugioh-like sometimes, so it will take some experience to learn. In the Guardian matchup, your opponent can easily brick your aggressive turns, so your goal is to set up multiple auras - usually via Genesis and/or Merciful and/or ALS - to either start an ALS loop or to outvalue the opponent by grinding them down with Angel attacks.

Speaking of which, you do know how to ALS loop, right?

>>92545684
It's not a really hard matchup for her DESU, but it's got a weird skill curve low/mid skill levels is a knowledge check that either player can enact and wreck the other and higher skill levels is how much space each player can find to bank their outs. If you're just doing her basic gameplan, Guardian pretty hard counters her, so you have to go for your secondary and tertiary gameplan (aura spam and angel value) to attack Guardians at an angle where they're weakest.
>>
>>92545363
>>92546297
Sorry meant to reply to this.

Dunno how experienced you are with the deck but feel free to ask any questions about the matchup, it's a matchup I'm very very familiar with.
>>
Anyone have any experience with MakePlayingCards? It's easy enough to find printable images for games but wondering if I need to individually scrub off copyright on each one
>>
>>92545582
not only light novel, it has some lewd gachas too
>>
The new edition of Warlord is also changing a some minor rules.

Charisma used to be:
(DC = 20) react: once each turn, after another character in this rank makes a roll, succeed with a charisma check to reroll that dice.

They nerfed it to make it happen before the roll (a huge nerf), but increased the range of it to adjacent ranks (a good buff) and made it usable with rolls of the character using it (really good).
Idk, I like the change despite it being generally worse than before. It stops being a reactive feat to become a proactive feat. Instead of holding it to reroll important checks or attacks, now you use it to increase the probability of a roll being good or bad.

Btw an roll with advantage means you roll 2 dice and choose the highest result (disadvantage you roll 2 dice but choose the lowest result).
>>
SWU is really fun.
>>
>>92545304
I like how the marketing department snuck in a white border card to make this post seem more authentic. 3/5 for effort.

The fact is nobody plays that scam in plain sight. Your lies won't work on us.
>>
>>92547654
Actual schizo
>>
>>92547718
Begone FABGOT!
>>
>>92547745
Or what?
>>
>Schizo now NEEDS to reply to every post even mentioning fab
Actual mental illness, get help or kys but leave us alone.
>>
File: EVR020-CF.png (404 KB, 450x628)
404 KB
404 KB PNG
I see the new FAB is pandering to footfags, but where are the muscle bitches?
>>
>>92547801
sorry. new set is reserved for smooth anime ladies.
Maybe next set.
>>
>>92547775
They just announced the prerelease for the next set so he needs to work extra hard to get those Hasbro cents
>>
>>92547827
>t. shill
kek
>>
>>92547801
We just had a set of muscle bitches. The set after will probably just be arcane whores so it will probably be a while.
>>
>>92547839
God I hate arcane
>>
L5r bros: why did people just accept the retcons? No one seemed mad or anything. I came back to find my clan thunder was sex swapped... :/
>>
>>92547897
for the same reason nobody cares about it with magic, it was already shit. at some point when the quality is so low and anybody who cares is long gone, making the shitty thing even shittier doesn't matter much. and seeing as the L5R reboot was a 0/10 to begin with, there's just not a lot of fucks to give.
>>
>>92547897
Most old timers L5R players didn't even bought the FFG scam. It is just a disrespect all the way in.
>No Hoturi
>No Hoturi's son
>No False Hoturi (kino tournament story add up)
>No NTRed Scorpion Clan Champion who actually is a good father for the Children of his wife (that doesn't share his blood)
>No Hoturi killing his son
Even the Lesbian lovers shit is retarded and not a good add on to the game.
FFG is shit and the only good thing they are doing to L5R is letting other companies to use it. There is a Video Game in the making and there is a Miniature game coming out too (done by a competent company...)
>>
>>92547801
Safe horny.
>>
>>92548339
Don't care about fab but please refrain from using twitter tranny lingo around here.
>>
https://twitter.com/BSS_TCG/status/1781306765147246604
Yellow cards begin. Very obvious purple support
>>
>>92548180
really, FFG is not shit a good portion of the time. they did right with the LCG versions of netrunner and game of thrones. that's what made the L5R one so disappointing. we were hoping for an ANR-tier reboot of one of the greatest TCGs of all time. and instead we got fantasy flight's lowest effort game for 5 years in either direction, at least.
>>
>>92548671
2010s FFG was assigning about 1.5 people to work on each game, they were just stretched too thin.
>>
>>92547775
My advice is to use the thread tools to be rid of him. Make him change ips every post. Find a reason appropriate enough and let the staff sort it out.
>>
File: tsubasacat.png (472 KB, 500x698)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
>>
>>92547846
>>92547839
Arcane source damage is not on the menu next set (that we know of) it is instead mystical energies, which for all I've seen are considered physical damage sources. Play time they mixed those and DIDN'T provide arcane barrier was a huge mistake for limited. I don't see them doing that again here.
>>
>>92549367
>Arcane source damage is not on the menu next set (that we know of) it is instead mystical energies
Yeah, I'm talking about the set after Mystics.
>>
>>92549856
What's the set? I'm not familiar myself.
>>
>>92550123
James has stated in one of the interviews that this year we will get an all arcane set. Since Mysteria is obviously not the one and there will probably only be time for one more set after it, it will most probably be the set after Mystics.
>>
>>92550293
Ooh okay, unannounced. Yeah, I knew I hadn't heard any rumblings about the next set yet, but I'm slightly removed from the loop as of late.
>>
>>92549252
Yes.
>>
So I had a wild idea about One Pieces black color. Instead of reducing cost black navy cards have an Rank Number tied to play. When they are played you get an Authority Counter. The effects of black Navy cards depend on your total Authority. The Garp starter card generates 4 Ranks giving you 4 Authority but his effect resolves if you have 7 Authority, whenever Garp leaves play you lose 4 Authority. So if your board is empty you have 0 Authority. Also Navy Stage cards can permanently keep your Authority at not 0 if they remain in play.
>>
>>92550429
what's wild is that you think someone asked
>>
>>92550429
too creative/complex for bandai sorry. new black units trash the top card of your deck instead
>>
>>92550450
Oh dont be like that you Faeces and Bile shit
>>
>>92550466
seethe kek
>>
File: 20240419_123442.jpg (2.8 MB, 4080x3060)
2.8 MB
2.8 MB JPG
Sweet, my booster box of Dragon Dildo TCG just arrived in the post!
>>
File: 20240419_123533.jpg (2.34 MB, 4080x3060)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>92550507
Psyche!
>>
>>92550527
Is that from before or after they fucked the print run for the Reiya cluster?
>>
>>92550429
I don’t hate it. I wish one piece was this soul desu. It’s the major thing the game is missing in my eyes. The later sets start printing top down design like this but it’s still very weak and loose. I’m glad Thriller Bark feels like a graveyard deck fully.
>>
>>92550606
Wait, what? How would I tell?
>>
how to make my own tcg ? can I copy "some" mechanics archetypes from yugioh? Are there some guides, or stuff I should look toward to?
>>
>>92551101
>how to make my own tcg ?
make up some mechanics, make up some cards, playtest playtest playtest
>can I copy "some" mechanics archetypes from yugioh?
yes but yugioh is a bad game so maybe don't
>Are there some guides, or stuff I should look toward to?
there's ten zillion youtube videos on game design, although many are bad
>>
File: Enigma test deck.png (5.07 MB, 2592x1562)
5.07 MB
5.07 MB PNG
Just had a go at deck-building for the new moon goddess. She's fun! But oh boy, does it feel bad to draw a handful of instants that don't block and do nothing on your opponent's turn.
>>
>>92551113
>make up some mechanics, make up some cards, playtest playtest playtest
Okay is there some sort of at least card creator with mockup art ? I don't midn if it looks like magic for now.
>yes but yugioh is a bad game so maybe don't
I mean I want rather the normal summon / special summon, life points, tribute summon shit, magic and trap cards. Limit to 5. I am not the biggest friend of "mana"

How many cards should I start with? I plan at like 500 (with fodder)
>>
>>92551144
>How many cards should I start with?
the smallest number necessary for 2 decks to test against each other
>>
>>92551144
Yugioh really is an awful game as its nerfed remake Rush Duels is unplayable since they started adding fusion monsters that end games in one turn. There are NO quick plays in Rush duels meaning traps are your only means to deal with these fusion nukes. Rush has a shitload of targeted Spell Trap Removal so dudes just clear your backrow and OTK you.
However the unique playstyles the Yugioh archetypes do ignoring the special summon vomit is interesting
>>
>>92551276
I am not sure why you focus on rush duels. But what I like is basically the slower paced one and the ability to chain and special summon. I am not a fan of current 5min turn games. But I still find if you tweak some stuff, like fusion, rituals you can do actual fun stuff with it. I will try to make it as distinct as possible, I hope I can.
>>92551176
That is really a good idea. I will think about it thank you anon.
>>
>>92551297
Rush is yugioh fixed it has infinite summons so theres no need to put special summon clauses on monsters anymore. You also have to summon from hand since you have endless summons per turn do board vomit is very nerfed compared to Master Duel. There is also no reason for Shitchros Shityz or Shitnks to exist either if you can summon as much as you want in a turn. Fusions are the OG special monster thats why they still exist in Rush. Rush feels slower since you can just put 3 monsters in set. However alot of new monsters deal piercing damage so its checkmate.
>>
>>92551339
that is interesting. I can play rush duels in duel links right?
>>
Rush has proven that even a very nerfed yugioh needs quick timing shit you can play from your hand to have counter play these days.
>>
>>92551379
Its on edopro pro just change the card set in the scroll down thing to Rush when you enter the deck menu
>>
>>92551056
Probably just have to open it to find out.
The problem they had with a couple Reiya Cluster sets IIRC is that they printed the wrong J-Ruler on the back of some Rulers and they had to send out corrected cards through a mail-in program that is more than likely defunct. It looks like it was mostly an issue with Time-Spinning Witch though, so you're probably fine. I had heard of some weird card cut issues at the time, but I think those might have just been typical misprint stuff.
>>
I am extremely racist, what are some card games I can pick up to suit my needs?
I already played 5ds which deals a lot with races
>>
File: pic1647385[1].jpg (15 KB, 246x166)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
I introduced my girlfriend to Thunderstone and she's fallen in love with deck-builders.
All I have for this is Thunderstand on a Marvel-version of Legendary.

What are some good deck-builder card games that I can look into and see if she'd like to try them?
>>
>>92551540
So like a red ruler would have the blue J-ruler on the other side? That’s fun.
>>
>>1855
Keyforge.
>>
>try playing an acg online
>fab is the only game you can consistently find people anytime

are we really this fabfucked?
>>
>>92551904
It is the best TCG after all...
>>
>>92551904
fab is by far the most popular dead tcg
>>
>>92551339
Synchro and XYZ are based thank you, it's Fusion that's gay as fuck
>>
>>92551882
Probably a better question for the board game thread since deckbuilders aren’t really what this one is about.
Codex is a tcg-in-a-box, draft, deckbuilder thing though, if you wanted to give it a look. More head to head and less score points though.
>>
>>92551989
>Deckbuilding isn't card games
Strange, but okay. I can jive with that, I guess.
Thanks for the help! I'll look into Codex.
>>
>>92551882
Resident evil has deck builders based on certain entries in the series. Zombie crawler which is fun if she has a morbid side. According to BBG Arctic Scavengers is good too but rare. There's Dominion, which I've never played and is touted as the game that started the deckbuilder's rise to popular status.

My best suggestion is frankly Earthborne Rangers. This is a fun post apocalyptic yet highly optimistic outlook for humanity. Basically imagine the world gets so bad that people need to live under ground in arcologies (self sustaining to a point). Society as we know it ceases to be as terrible storms and natural disasters ravish the planet. The forebearers put into action a way to save humanity, but they would need to wait it out for hundreds of years before the earth could be reclaimed. Eventually one by one they start opening up and unleashing humans back onto the surface of the globe, now completely terraformed and abundant with new life. You play as rangers, a sort of sherif, fire fighter and park ranger rolled into one highly regarded profession. EBR has you playing as hikers in a brave new world, using magi tech and employing non-lethal tactics in order to master the untamed wilds once anew.

The game is an absolute joy to play, the materials and everything are eco friendly and sustainably made, you get to make a ranger that you can identify personally with and go on adventures meeting strange mega fauna and flora. Check it out, really great deck builder and it's co-operative / solo-able.
>>
>>92552021
>Deckbuilding isn't card games
I get you, but it’s more a card game =/= a trading card game. Deckbuilders use cards. Sentinels of the Multiverse uses cards. Monopoly has cards. You could theoretically represent a DnD character with only cards. But those aren’t the type of card game that’s generally called a tcg (ccg, lcg, etc). Codex is in a weird position where it’s not a tcg but it emulates tcg drafting to a degree. In the same sense lcgs like Ashes Reborn or the most recent Legend of the Five Rings aren’t “collectible” or “tradeable” in that you buy nonrandom packs, but you either bring a customized, tcg-like deck to the table or draft cards more like tcgs.

On a related note: Ashes is a great choice if you ever want to play a tcg but aren’t looking to go to card shops, go through the process of buying singles or booster boxes, or any of that. It *might* also be draftable. I feel like I’ve heard of people drafting it but I’ve never done it.

Hope you find some cool shit!
>>
>>92552142
If you count lcgs and not deckbuilders then you're being a bit pedantic. They're very close in construction and execution.
>>
>>92552169
It's not like a hard rule, this thread just tends to be more about lifestyle PvP games, while cooperative or standalone games are more in the boardgamey realm. So you won't always get good answers about that kinda stuff from folks here.
>>
>>92551885
Yeah, I think it was mostly an issue with the starter deck rulers that were reprinted in the set proper with their hidden text revealed, but you'd basically get things like Kirik with Reiya on the other side.
>>
>>92552190
I think there's some great cross pollination from tcg players to lcgs, deck builders and then ultimately boardgames or even RPGs. Deckbuilders an the trademarked living card games are a through line from boardgames to card games.
>>
>>92551989
She will probably enjoy Codex. We play Yomi all the time, and it's by the same dudes.
>>92552050
Earthborne Rangers looks right up her alley, but is currently sold out for North America.
I'll probably take a look into Dominion and Arctic Scavengers, though.
>>92552142
I think I'll pass on Ashes. Not quite what we're looking for. Too much direct conflict, like a TCG match.

Thanks again, everybody.
>>
>>92552243
Check out the earthborne site and also the stuff on gamefound. Not gonna link because people get really uptight about that. Game is fantastic and entering a reprint, so keep your eyes out. If you don't want to deal with backer kits then you can get it at retail EXCLUSIVELY from Teamcovenant. They have lots of footage of them playing the game and talking to the creator about the design behind it, so if you want to start somewhere I'd say watch some team cov earthborne videos and go from there.

Best part about the game is that it's entirely card driven, though having tokens to track values is a must. You don't roll dice to see if you pass or fail at challenges, you draw from a challenge deck with all kinds of bonuses and negatives for your given color of check, but also a symbol at the bottom that makes the boardstate come to life and act dynamically to actions you take.
>>
>>92552281
I still can't tell if you are a shill or a very dedicated troll.
The only thing I know is that you aren't a player because all you say is marketing speak
>>
File: under the big oak tree.jpg (210 KB, 800x534)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>92552365
Your unfair judgement of me is noted. In truth, you don't know anything about me. Here, allow me to share something about my own experience with the game since you are curious.

I have a to-go bag with this loaded up; I play at national and state parks and even at hotels when traveling. It's a good game to do that with because everything collapses down into a tiny file folder, two three-deck-sized boxes and a token box tossed into those. I took a friend with me to a park and we had a picnic there so we could play Earthborne out under a massive shady oak.

Deck creation is a joy and you do it all up front at the beginning of the game. Choosing the personality for your ranger can change how they tackle challenges, and then equipping them with gear and expertise will make sure they can survive the trip there. Later on in the game you meet peddlers and wise sages in your travels as well as uncovering hidden items caches, all of which let you completely re customize your ranger deck. It's fun because for a given mountainous area you will need to go hiking with certain gear you wouldn't want to leave without. But say later in the campaign it sends you down south to the grass lands a bunch. Well now that's a whole new ball game down there; you make a pit stop at the local trader's outpost along the way and swap one ring ding out for a wiz bang.
>>
>>92552243
Ashes does have a co-op mode in The Red Rains series of boxea.
>>
>>92552541
You still have yet to speak like a human, so troll it is
>>
>>92552595
Your attempt at goading me won't work. Everyone can see I'm just trying to share my passion for a beautiful card game with all my fellow card game aficionados.
>>
>>92552541
ER is something I keep trying to get excited about and hunt down a copy, but it just doesnt spark anything in me.
All the reviews that make it out to be an enjoyable narrative journey remind me of other games I got for the purpose of a thematic connection, only to remind myself, once disenchanted with a few play sessions, that I engage primarily on mechanics.
>>
>>92552595
>why don't you talk about the game, shill?
>>*talks about the game*
>see I knew you couldn't really talk about the game in a way that pleases me!
This thread has atrocious manners.
>>
>>92551882
you can give Aeon's End a try. it's a co-op battle the monster deckbuilder.
I'll second codex though, >>92551989 that game is fantastic

>>92551904
>check crucible
>there's 13 games going right now
>check jinteki
>there's 24 games going right now
I'm not even gonna go down the rest of the list, you're just an idiot
>>
>>92552625
>only to remind myself, once disenchanted with a few play sessions, that I engage primarily on mechanics.

That's why it's important to find reviewers who you personally vibe with, taste-wise, rather than who makes the most entertaining or prolific reviews. Unfortunately (at least for you), most reviewers are that sort who get excited by the more narrative/aspirational side of things.
>>
>>92552541
>>92552281
>>92552050
don't know if a very elaborate bait or a very thick autismery
>>
>>92551144
The thing about Yugioh is none of the game's core mechanics wrok together, in fact they tend to fight each other.

Take the combat system and the normal summon. When we place these two systems together in isolation, what happens? Well, the first player to be able to tribute summon a big monster wins. Without any other mechanics, summoning a big monster just wins the game, and the game is completely unfun. So you need to make more mechancis to work around that.

>I am not the biggest friend of "mana"
If that's the reason you want to copy Yugioh, then I'd advise you not to make a game. There's plenty of alternatives to Magic/DM style mana out there. Look at MMNT Warrior, Power Rangers, FaB, Digimon, UFS/UVS, BuddyFight, Wixoss, Vanguard, Luck & Logic, A:NR, SW:CCG, WH40K:Warlord, Warlord, Grand Archive, Score/Panini DBZ.

And that's just the games I could name off the top of my head. There are many MANY options out there, so why Yugioh?
>>
>>92551882
Thirding Codex and Seconding Aeon's end, I have a complete collection of both and they are great.
I'd also like to suggest Heart of Crown, it's got two twists on the standard formula. First is the market is like the Thunderstone market with a step towards Legendary. You have 10 sets of cards that you shuffle into one big pile, then you deal cards into the market until 8 unique cards are showing, so most cards are available at all times, but there's some variance. The second twist is that in order to score points, you need to spend your turn banking the point cards in your scoring area, with the first player to reach a set number winning, it provides a different pacing to games like Dominion where you build an engine, then just run it to score points.
>>
>>92552541
>I took a friend with me to a park and we had a picnic there so we could play Earthborne out under a massive shady oak.
I'd love to do something like this at my local park, but I'm terrified of the wind blowing my cards away.
>>
>>92552243
>She will probably enjoy Codex. We play Yomi all the time, and it's by the same dudes.
In that case also check out Puzzle Strike (1). It's by the same guy and is a more traditional deckbuilder. It's a deckbuilder with the theme of a puzzle game that is themed on a fighting game.
>>
>>92553287
I’ve tried games outside and it’s just kinda hard.
>>
>>92553287
card games for indoors
domino games for outdoors
this is the way
>>
>>92552541
That actually sounds great. I love nature.
>>
>>92553329
Puzzle Strike was solid, but has been forever replaced by Bullet in my heart.
>>
>>92553877
Not me. 'ate nature and everything in it.
>>
Ray of sunshine wherever you go; eh, pal?
>>
No and fuck you
>>
>>92553329
>>92553919
Puzzle Strike sounds kinda fun.
>>
It seems like the Munchkin CCG site is dead. Anyone have a copy of the game's limited rules?
>>
>>92551144
There are quite a few alternatives to mana if you want to look into them.

Duel Masters, Dragon Ball Super, Build Divide, and numerous other games use a land-like system where any card can become a mana producer instead of dedicating a chunk of your deck to a boring card type. If you don’t like that, fair enough, but there’s a decent amount of design space there.

Some games have single-use resources that build and get spent. A lot of them use cards to represent it to. Mega Man and Shadowverse all build up resources automatically turn after turn. Wixoss has 1-use resources too but they build less linearly, and Battle Spirit builds its resources linearly only to spend them and have them cycle back to useable later on.

Games like Dragon Ball Z (score/panini), Flesh and Blood, Final Fantasy, and (sorta) UFS/Universus largely have your hand be the resources. Draw up X cards each turn, spend cards appropriately or get punished with big damage or temp loss. Unlike a Yugioh these games don’t tend to have a lot of monsters sitting in the field or draw effects to cycle through half their deck in a turn though.
Final Fantasy is only partially in this group because you can discard cards for one-time “mana” in addition to its land-like rules, and it’s basically mandatory for getting a game started.

Games can have fixed resources too. I think Netrunner has this. Ashes has rolled dice in a fixed amount. There’s some variance to the dice sides but it also means pre-game you decide how many dice of which type and each die is used once per round cycle meaning you know what your resources are each turn but have to make the best of them. Yugioh is kind of like this to begin with it you count the “1 normal summon per turn” as the resource.

>card creator with mockup art
Magic Set Editor must still be a thing. Powerpoint is also a super simple way to do it. Make a bunch of rectangles and text boxes, insert the pics you find. Print(screen) and go.
>>
File: 1704407048994371.png (203 KB, 1436x500)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>92552142
>>92552169
cards
>>
>>92543121
Nah, it's a fighting game turned tcg
>>
Sanji's Pilaf
>>
>>92551113
I think if you start from scratch and layout a solid design philosophy, Yugioh can be a good game again. Yugioh Rush did it with new rules and a core design philosophy and it’s thriving in Japan but I don’t even think you need to change the rules to make it work.

Just give a clear identity to each attribute and stick to it.
>>
>>92551882
Ascension
Shards of Infinity
DC Deck Builder
Clank
Titans of Eden
>>
>>92552949
>crucible
what game is that for, kind motherfucker?
>>
>>92556682
Keyforge
>>
>>92555786
That had a ccg?
>>
>>92557023
Yes, it lasted 3 sets.
>>
>>92555894
Mana restricted to specific cards(or objects) MTG, Force of Will, One Piece, Battle Spirits, Ashes Reborn, Pokemon, Exodus, Final Fantasy
Any card is mana DBS, Duel Masters Wixoss, Build Divide, Alpha Clash
Auto mana Shadowverse Evolve, Hearthstone, Legends of Runeterra
Shared mana Digimon
Card Pitching Flesh and Blood, Final Fantasy
Hand mana Grand Archive
No mana Yugioh, Vanguard, Future Card Buddyfight
>>
test
>>
>>92558386
I'd count OP and BS as auto mana. Ashes I'd say should be a new category "fixed mana"
>>
>>92558386
Magic-like (Magic, Pokemon)
Duelma-like (DBS, SWU)
Hearthstone-like (OP, LoR)

I don't know how FFTCG plays, to know whether it makes sense to group it with FAB or not, and likewise with Vanguard and Buddyfight to know if they make sense with Yugioh. But most things outside those three categories just belong in some kind of "other" column, imo.
>>
>>92558689
Any game where you just summon monsters for nothing is no mana. Wixoss SIGNI operate on that, you can summon as many lvs add up or are lower your LRIGs loyalty number. This means you can easily fill your board in Wixoss every single fucking turn which is why so many cards have vanish effects to clear lanes to break those cloths. As far I can tell these systems are hard to balance since board vomit is the default for them.
>>
>>92558830
You can only have a max of 3 signi out so you don't actually vomit boxes out and the game does have other things thst require costs
>>
>>92558830
As >>92559067 said, more then 'mana' (re: 'ener' in WIXOSS), the LRIG Level Limit is the main resource-check in WIXOSS. The 'mana' is their for mostly abilities / special use cards more then keeping board state in check as the natural rules do that already.
>>
File: 1702302557613420.jpg (3.12 MB, 2924x4096)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
>>
>>92548180
Tell me more about this mini game if you're still around anon
>>
>>92558689
not sure why you'd even put DM in a different category; that's just a very slight twist on mtg's system
>>
>>92559219
beat me to it kek

anons what do they mean by this
>>
File: WXDi-P12-004[EN].jpg (255 KB, 1047x750)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
sets officially out, what did you pull anons.
>>
File: 1694201847531664.jpg (3.04 MB, 2923x4096)
3.04 MB
3.04 MB JPG
>>92559401
Fused Zamasu and Vegeta are easily the best alts in the set
>>
File: IMG_0006.jpg (262 KB, 725x1030)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
Had the first PanZ game after adding the Set 1 booster cards; randomised each colour to have only 30 of the 60 I printed, with 1/6 being what I deemed game-changer cards (rares, personality-specific, etc.).

Came down to the last card. Saiyan turn, I get left on MP level 4, 2 anger. I have Red Blaze in my hand to drag to my turn. Dragon Ball 5 is in play for Saiyan.
All I needed was to survive, and I could trigger Red Blaze (+1 anger), resolve the Crit (+1 anger from Red Mastery), and use the Crit to steal Ball 5 (+1 anger) for MPPV victory.

But then I get left on 3 cards, and draw to 0 at the start of my next turn. RIP. Game is super fun and set-up turns and combos are becoming a lot clearer
>>
File: zam.png (984 KB, 1199x1070)
984 KB
984 KB PNG
>>92559500
true though i'd have to give it to Vegeta

only thing about Zamasu is i'm just baffled why they thought the dot eyes worked better than say what the Dokkan INT LR did, just that one change and it's even better IMO
>>
File: WXDi-P304[EN].jpg (306 KB, 750x1047)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
were so back.
>>
>>92559997
The dot eyes are my favorite part about it though
>>
scorez cards are all screenshot art garbage but for some reason they exude a primordial kind of soul
i think it's the very tasteful and thematic card frames most of them have, they really get you back in those late 90s early 00s days
same for the older star wars games
>>
>>92560186
I don't mind this kind of art in a game, but EVERY card in Wixoss is like this except for that sole Hacka Doll promo card
>>
>>92560186
does it seriously say congratulations on the side?
>>
>>92560231
I'm having a hard time decoding your buzzspeak. What's 'screenshot art garbage' exactly and describe primordial-soulism?
>>
>>92560446
>What's 'screenshot art garbage' exactly
lol
>>
>>92560468
They're not screenshots though, that implies they're stills. Those are traditionally painted card arts, the entire way through. Now, what makes them garbage? Your subjective view on how everything needs to have chromatic aberration and deep shadows? Use your words, you imbecile. You guys think that dropping a fat steaming hot-take on the carpet is enough to get people to agree with you. How about talk us through your thought process and how you came to these (bad) conclusions?
>>
File: WXDi-P12-080[EN].jpg (305 KB, 750x1047)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>>92560431
yes
>>92560354
see >>92559439
>>
File: GLlEGdIbkAAk06U.png (210 KB, 848x1200)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
Ikeda posted the top 15 games for 2023 fiscal year (April 2023 - March 2024)

>1. Pokemon - 133.7 billion yen - 37% up
>2. YGO - 47.1 billion yen - 3% up
>3. Duel Masters - 28.9 billion yen - 3% down
>4. One Piece - 26.5 billion yen - 213% up
>5. Weiss Schwarz - 13.9 billion yen - 47% up
>6. MTG - 5.3 billion yen - 6% down
>7. Battle Spirits - 3.8 billion yen - 9% down
>8. Shadowverse Evolve - 3.7 billion yen - 50% down
>9. Union Arena - 3.2 billion yen - 543% up
>10. YGO Rush Duel - 3.1 billion yen - 14% up
>11. Vanguard - 2.9 billion yen - 52% up
>12. Digimon - 1.2 billion yen - 15% down
>13. Wixoss - 1 billion yen - 4% up
>14. Build Divide - 900 million yen - 51% up
>15. Re-Birth for You - 870 million yen - 26% down
>>
>>92559067
Yugioh is only 5 yet people call it board vomit anyway. Certain old LRIGs like Aiyai playstyle was vomiting your SIGNI as fast as possible
>>
>>92560522
i'm intrigued, please elaborate
>>
>>92561096
Pokemon being almost as much as everything else combined is kind of insane
>>
How the fuck are these joke sorcery prices working? There's plenty of examples of sold listings with similar digits. The market's being propped up by rich assholes with a good sense of humor. It's 420, for Christ's sake. Light it up.

Rootie, is that you?
>>
File: emptydeckcase.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>92561096
>>14. Build Divide - 900 million yen - 51% up
Nice. The collabs are most likely carrying the weight but there's not much of a gap there that it can beat Digi and Wixoss in the next year or two at the current pace. But to make it into the top 10 I think they need to make a new anime and really make it popular to boost popularity of the original sets.
>>
>>92561096
>>12. Digimon - 1.2 billion yen - 15% down
>15% down
it's over...........
>>
>>92561384
This gives me 6.9 rudy bundle vibes, only the bundle is full of guaranteed exclusives and product people actually want. I can't explain it, the man is meme magic.
>>
>>92561570
Unironically the two nicest things people had to say about the bundle were that he put a lot of time and thought into the packaging and the flesh and blood dice were baller as hell. I myself desperately wanted a blank fab card, I'd take one even unsigned, but I ain't paying what they want for them. The worst part was that the promos and alters weren't even guaranteed. He put literal garbage into the packages that contained nothing exclusive in them.
>>
>>92561096
Dragonball, Conan and Hololive will enter the market next year. This list is gonna look a lot different.
>>
File: X72WC_i784mCZqxl.webm (3.31 MB, 480x852)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB WEBM
>>
>>92561608
and the chase card was a metazoo card, hahaha....
>>
>>92561096
>Magic falling off hard in both regions
>WotC on its third CEO in three years
It's never been wise to bet against it, but we might be in the beginning of the era that retrospectively was the end of magic.
>>
File: 118010199_p0.jpg (405 KB, 1000x907)
405 KB
405 KB JPG
Sweet Fire Birds
>>
>>92561096
>wixoss 4% up
WERE SO GOING TO THE MOON INVEST IN WIXOSS-COIN NOW
>>
>>92561096
What's going on in the Duelma world these days? Latest few sets are obviously popular enough for third place.

Actually, I'm surprised there's not more of a Duelma push in the west. Even if Wotc didn't want to bring the game over, I haven't seen evidence of a large grassroots either, using either imports or fanslations or a fanmade client. If there was a western game that high on our rankings, there'd be a sizeable Japanese community for it.

Is the Western market this top-heavy too? Pokemon outsells almost the entire rest of the top 14 combined, and even Yugioh is almost 10x Magic at sixth place.
>>
>>92563048
No, big 3 are probably 60% of the market, maybe a bit less, rather than 95%+
>>
>>92563048
Don't know what the other guy's smoking, the big 3 are way more oppressively represented in the west than the east
>>
>>92563165
>the big 3
Pokemon, Lorcana, and One Piece?
>>
>>92561096
Build Divide being on this list makes me fucking sick
>>
>>92563363
MtG, Pokemon and Lorcana. Yes, YGO was dethroned last year. One Piss is already dying, as its entire playerbase was minorities taking a break from YGO, and FW is grabbing them again, because they can't resist men with rippling muscles.
>>
But the only game I'm rooting for on that list is Shadowverse Evolve. Hopefully it goes past Battle Spirits.
>>
>>92563381
>One Piss is already dying, as its entire playerbase was minorities taking a break from YGO, and FW is grabbing them again, because they can't resist men with rippling muscles.
You're talking absolute nonsense faggot lol
>>
>>92563412
>no argument
See?
>>
>>92563381
Magic, One Piece, Lorcana, and Star Wars Unlimited are in fierce fighting for the top 4, except when there's a new Pokemon set and it steamrolls everything for that month.

Also, so many stores oriented themselves around purely Magic in past years - for which profits have nosedives and no longer pay the bills - that every new Magic set puts a few more LGS out of business.
>>
>>92563416
>no sources
See?
>>
File: 58.png (187 KB, 610x865)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>92561096
Build Divide being on this list makes me happy.
>>
>>92563437
I'm an insider. Feel free to prove me wrong. Until then, I'll consider your parroting of my post a polite concession, which I accept.
>>
>>92563432
>entirely overlooks pokemon
It's not being played a ton, but pokemon sells well in the US.
>>
>>92561481
>Digi and Wixoss in the next year or two at the current pace
Lol nope.
Collab effect won't last long. Plus we don't even know if this is Bright or the main sets.
Because I can definitely hope they cut the main game in the future and focus on Bright
>>
>>92561096
>union arena up
every game is just going to be weiss tier mismatch because current nerds love their fucking crossovers
>>
>>92563773
>Plus we don't even know if this is Bright or the main sets.
It's both. And why can't the collab effect last exactly? There are more people who play regular BD than Bright so they are not going to cut that off so easily.
>>
File: a single fact.jpg (29 KB, 600x733)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>92563381
>>
Union Arena is the most soulless game on that list. Disgusting.
>>
>>92559253
> mini game
Anon, old L5R was a game made in 1995 that died (AKA the company got an obscene amount of money to sell the license to Fantasy Flight Games and let them handle the game in the promise of "respecting it") in 2014.
L5R was for most of its life time part of the Big 3 or part of a big 4 or 5 (specially in USA and Europe). This despite being a big brain game that mtg people most of times thought was too complicated for their brains.

The ccg had a gimmick that was: Every tournament and every fan clube activity/event can shape the story of the world of the card game (and RPG for the matter). This would led to story developments that would sometimes get dedicated cards or for lore specific events.

The movie "The Gamers: Hands of Fate" is all about doing a fictional L5R big tournament but without calling it L5R. PIC is one of the first and most noticeably result of a tournament showing up in cards. In the game the winner did a copy of Doji Hoturi and won the game, thus the same thing happened in the story: The scorpion clan made a evil copy of the crane clan's champion and the copy went along to destroy the reputation of the other clan and force an conflict with the other clans.
>>
File: 20240421_014813.jpg (217 KB, 900x1200)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
>people thinking these would be extremely expensive
>when we get 3 cards in the pack instead of just 1 like Asia
>>
File: wnnonz7o0qvc1.png (3.42 MB, 1920x1080)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB PNG
>>
>>92564247
>That leader effect
What in the fuck
>>
>>92563432
Why the fuck is Pokemon still popular? It has snore inducing gameplay
>>
>>92564788
People don't 'play' it
>>
>>92562485
Kitty?
>>
>>92564823
Yes
>>
>>92564911
Excellent.
>>
>>92564788
it's pretty simple when your core market is "second graders". By the time you'd get bored of Pokemon, you've already aged out of it anyhow. one year of kids moves on, another new one comes in to replace them.
>>
>>92565026
The thing is no other card game can do this. Pokemon is the only one that consistently attracts kids and all these other games are trying to figure out how to get kids to buy in.
>>
>>92564788
Nobody plays pokemon, kids just buy the cards to put on their desks unsleeved.
>>
>>92565066
Too much cultural inertia
>>
Always bet on Weiss Schwarz.
Weiss bros stay winning.
>>
>>92561096
>SVE dying
>let's release a Vanguard collab
Lmao
>>
>>92563450
lol
>>
>>92564247
Luffy is a T1 deck in the next set so that one will stay expensive, the other leaders and both versions of the 3 brothers will probably hold some value too but everything else will be worth nothing
>>
>>92565664
>no argument even after over five hours
See?
>>
>>92565713
Source: my dad works at trading cards
>>
>>92565726
I accept your concession.
>>
>>92564788
Pika pika pikachuu!
>>
>>92565727
Present an argument next time
>>
>>92566258
Your concession was already accepted. No need to concede again.
>>
Can warriors in fab just calm the fuck down? They're out of control with the latest juice. One of them facetanked almost 200 damage threatened and nearly won. I had to earn that bitch after 18 rounds of pure weapon muscling.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (67 KB, 495x620)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>92563381
>>
>>92566444
>no argument
Many such cases.
>>
New

>>92566455
>>92566455
>>92566455
>>
>>92560354
Every IP under the sun has been ESGfied, let us have this one thing. If you don't like it just don't play it.
>>
>>92560354
Wrong
>>
Just think, if it wasn't for all the heckin' negativity, we could be swimming with aquatic dinosaurs with our deluxe paddocks...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.