[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20240404_135600.jpg (6.18 MB, 4160x3120)
6.18 MB
6.18 MB JPG
Thread is open for anyone to share, all my games are in used but great condition, or otherwise mint/unpunched, will open and document any boxes anons request
>>
File: 20240404_140003.jpg (6.46 MB, 4160x3120)
6.46 MB
6.46 MB JPG
And here are my magazine games :) same goes for these guys, will explore and document them as per anon requests
>>
Is this... OC?
My god, OP! Bless your fucking soul, I've missed this shit
>>
Do these kinds of games get scanned often? It feels like they just don't get played anymore at all. From the little familiarity I have with old wargames it's like there's absolutely millions of them just rotting away.
>>
File: strategicon.png (501 KB, 640x480)
501 KB
501 KB PNG
This reminds me of an old ass board game that I would have loved to play as a kid, but everyone kept telling me it was "too hard" so I ended up never trying it. It had a pretty big board, and it had two opposing factions that fought for control of the sea from opposing coasts. Both factions had access to ships of various size, and aircraft carriers with little stylized plastic planes that you could actually put on top of the carriers, plus there were two deployable isles with bases, and a shitload of counters to do who knows what.

Looking into it now it was basically a higher res version of this, the box was different and the map was more detailed, but the rest looks to be the same. Has anyone tried this?
>>
File: 1707688592216033.png (149 KB, 361x478)
149 KB
149 KB PNG
>>92534177
Is this limited to games msde during thr cold war, or about the cold war?
Cuz Twilight Struggle is my jam.
>>
>>92534342
BGG has scans of most games from the period, and beyond that I know a good portion are modded into TTS
>>
>>92536891
I've heard if it but never played! Saw it was like an alternate history deckbuilder? how would you describe it, anon?
>>
>>92534907 no but tactics II is similar in the nondescript red v blue country fighting for control, what was the name of the game anon?
>>
>>92534204
>>
>>92537283
I think that's the same game just in a different box with updated graphics.
>>
>>92537270
other anon, Card Driven Game encapsulates how it works
definitely not deck building, rather hand management
basically you strategize how and when to burn undesirable cards so they hurt you minimally, while trying to maximalize effect of positive ones (as you draw both sides cards plus some neutral); with TW you get to play one card as event on the beginning of turn, dunno if other CDG has this mechanics, also you can discard one, later two cards paying for space race; usually you can left one card on hand; meanwhile you increase influence on board
game is great, but quite long, and definitely promotes knoledge of cards and history, so for more experienced players you do need handicap
>>
GDW's third world war series is great. Excellent rules and a very good balance between detail and playibility.
>>
>>92542160
Well, the game you just showed me is an air/sea centric game that dropped with those who followed Mickey Mouse Magazine, and Tactics II was made by avalon Hill with a Land combat focus unless super Battaglia had avalon hill tie-ins
>>
>>92550476 since my tax return hit, I bought AIR STRIKE and have plans to get the two GDW Air Power 1e expansions, then I'll likely buy Speed of Heat, I have the rules all online for the 2021 Air Power revision, I just love their turning and accel/decel mechanics and need more chits
>>
>>92547643
Is there a TTS port? It seems cool and I'd like to try :)
>>
>>92552916
Ya its also got a steam version where you can play against bots
>>
>>92552942
Sick! Thanks anon :)
>>
>>92534177
Which ones have you got played, rather than unpunched?
>>
>>92534187
>>92534177
I have no idea about any of these I'm just picking at random. I want to see inside your gun safe! kidding I just saw the chance. Show us Top Lel, since it got a return to the media recently
>>
>>92534177
>>92557017
Seconding Top Gun
>>
Any of you guys ever play Cold War Naval Battles? Long out of print obviously but a great card game.

https://www.relativerange.com/cold-war-naval-battles#:~:text=Cold%20War%20Naval%20Battles%20was,of%20Cambria%2C%20California.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.