[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>playing some mtg with my college group that meets up at my best friend's every friday
>one of the players asks if his friend can join next time we play
>nobody has a problem with it
>next friday rolls around
>everybody gets set up
>knock on the door
>best friend opens the door
>immediate regret
>actual fucking fecal smell emanates from this mass of unkempt hairy adipose
>try my god damndest to be polite and try to ignore the smell and just play.
>he picks up the game pretty quickly, and thankfully he doesn't speak too often because each time he opens his mouth the halitose burns my nostrils.
>we tolerate this for exactly 10 minutes before the poli-sci dude in our group slams his can of altoids on the plaguelord's side of the table and blurts "do not fucking speak in my direction again until you've fucking emptied this your breath smells like death."
>dead fucking silence for 10 seconds.
>plaguelord gets up, apologizes, and leaves
>we try to pretend this never happened.
>next week rolls around, its still on everyone's mind.
>knock on the door
>takes a few moments to recognize the stranger in front of us
>holy shit its the plaguelord, and he's fucking clean
>completely shaved his patchy neckbeard
>is wearing what looks like a brand new clothes, his jeans even still have a sticker on them
>smells vaguely like strawberries instead of rotten onions
>teeth still stained but the halitose is completely gone and replaced with mint.
>apologized for last week, asked if he could play again
>fast forward a few months and now he's a regular at our table, he even brings homemade snacks.
Has this ever happened in your groups or is this some sort of anomaly/divine intervention?
>>
>>92540809
I chose to believe your story because I want to believe in miracles
>>
>>92540809
I've never had something like that happen to my group before, but your story fills me with hope.
>>
>>92540809
Some people just need a wakeup call every now and then to get themselves straightened up. A reality slap in the face if you will.

I shave, shower, and brush my teeth and put on fresh clothing, and apply deodorant to my pits before going to the LGS. And I still sometimes feel like I am a smelly neckbeard stereotype come to life. I don't know why. Maybe being worried about it is what prevents me from being like that because the smelly neckbeards don't care or just can't comprehend it.
>>
>>92540809
Yes, it just like me.
>>
>>92540809
Hasn’t happened to my group because we’ve never had a friend of a friend of that type. But it makes sense to me because I know that people like that typically aren’t aware of how their presence affects others. The honesty was probably refreshing to him.
>>
>>92540809
good for him man
>>
>>92540809
never felt more compelled to go back to a clean shave in recent memory than now
>>
File: 142404826-288-k492770.jpg (15 KB, 288x450)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>92540809
> Plaguelord gets a reality check
> Actually shapes up and apologizes
> Good ending
I want to believe this is real.
>>
>>92540809
actually made me smile, please do not be fake and gay.
>>
>>92540809
You need to do this occasionally for people with nose problems.
They literally cannot tell that they are decaying, apparently.
>>
>>92540809
You might have saved his life anon.
>>
>>92540809
there is coom in those snacks
>>
>>92543029
Realer than gray leno
>>
>>92540809
Yes, noseblindness is real, people who stink tune it out in their brains and don't even realize it after a time. My aunt is a cat hoarder and her house, and her in general, always smells but she gets offended if you say something.. Your friend did the right thing, and the fat guy got the hint, which means he is salvagable.
>>
>>92540809
I had a friend who would leave odor on things. It was weird because he didn't look that unkempt, he was a big guy, but he dressed well enough, did his hair, brushed his teeth, but it was definitely him. He would sit somewhere, and then later it would smell awful. And I was the one that brought him around, so I had to be the one to confront him about it. And he was obviously embarrassed, but he thought about it, and he said, "I might know why that's happening", and he picks up his stomach, and underneath it is brown. So I give it a test sniff, and it's just atrocious. I'm like, "YEP THAT'S IT, DUDE, YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THAT." And then my friend stopped leaving his stink everywhere.
>>
>>92555557
Damn, I thought you were going to mention that he discovered some tonsil stones.
>>
>>92540809
Great job anon
My group had a guy bring in a full-on brony, complete with rainbow mohawk and booklet of MLP drawing to our games. He wouldn't even play the fucking game just sigh really loudly until someone engaged him to let him talk about his fucking fetish art.
The group got rid him by sending me to outautism him by talking about Jap horsegirls until he stopped coming
>>
bros this got me emotional i'm gonna show up to my next gamenight like a motherfucking gentleman, i'm talking outclassing Pierce Brosnan levels of grooming here
>>
>>92540809
lol at that autistic freakout with the altoids, but at least you said something, most people would passive-aggressively flake or avoid him without confronting him. People need to learn how to talk about things.
>>
File: IMG_6384.jpg (7 KB, 201x251)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>92555557
>friend lifts up his stomach
>underneath it is brown
>you give it a "test sniff"
>>
>>92540809
holy based
>>
>>92559425
It's not like I buried my face in it. It was strong enough to leave stink on things, I got enough from like five feet away.
>>
>>92541512
I think being concerned about it separates you from the plaguelord already.
>>
File: Spock.gif (660 KB, 248x193)
660 KB
660 KB GIF
>>92555557
>underneath it is brown.
>>
This is my goal. I may not ever achieve it but it's my goal to make 'that guy' stop his genocidal inclination.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.