[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 02oimglz1b271.jpg (783 KB, 2223x1563)
783 KB
783 KB JPG
>Develops more technology in a day than the Tau have in 6,000 years
When did you realize Cawl was the single worst thing about Warhammer 40k?
>>
>>92573350
when primaris marines were announced.

Battletech players have it right. If you dont like a part of lore, pick an era, and ignore the rest. Most battletech players dont acknowledge anything beyond the fed-com civil war

I dont acknowledge any of 40k at the introduction of primaris marines, and beyond, including any dumbass retcons
>>
>>92573453
BattleTech players can do that though because the game itself supports players playing in different eras of the lore. 40k doesn't really encourage that, as all the rules and models are all based around the current era of the lore.
>>
>>92573350
Literally every criticism of Cawl's inventions I have seen have come from lorelets. Then people move the goalposts and start talking about tone, which then also seems to come from lorelets. It's more disappointing than enraging. But yeah, disingenuous OP.
>>
>>92573566
>lorelets
>for not knowing shitty lore introduced after the setting became unsalvageable
And you speak of moving goal posts.
>>
I really, really don't like how, aside from the constant Cawl wank, it's how they show off how smart he is by diminishing other factions. Why is he able to reverse-engineer the Pharos device? Why should he know where all the blackstone is? Why should he know how to jailbreak scarabs and modify engrams, one of the single most advanced pieces of tech in the entire fucking setting?
>>
>>92573521
There's always old editions I guess. But every single edition has some baggage of some kind.
>>
If we use shit like making 7 variations of the same tank and putting a different weapon on each and calling it a invention one then Tau have outinvented Cawl by a factor of nearly a million
>>
>>92575073
>for not knowing shitty lore
>introduced after the setting became unsalvageable
>introduced after
Here's another example of them being disingenuous. You people are just salty things changed. And now that there's something justifiable to be mad about, you have lost legitimacy because of your blatant, stubborn ignorance. Genuinely stupid people.
>>
>>92575108
Because he's the best at what he does dude
>>
>>92573350
That's space marines. And Tau still have better r&d than the imperium. And Cawls new brand of super soldiers are still not winning the imperium their wars.

But who fucking cares? Leagues of Votann beat them both out.
>>
>>92577205
>Because he's a mary sue
>>
>>92575168
Also the warhammer community is insanely tourney focused and treats new editions like patches to a live service game.
>>
>>92573453
Based take
>>
>>92573350
but it took him 10000 years?
>>
>>92575073
Your mistake is convincing yourself that it was ever "lore" with integrity to begin with when it was always an ever-evolving fluff intended solely to sell more models.
>>
>>92579340
All MC's are mary sue's anon, especially in 40k
>>
>>92575108
I choose to believe that Cawl is basically Edison. He's got some developments under his belt but the majority of his work is actually a factory of underlings he takes credit for, and because this is 40k that factory is an entire planet of Mechanicum and anyone who tries to complain mysteriously falls out of a 3km high window onto two plasma shots to the back of the head.
>>
>>92579562
>>92573521
See, I don't get this attitude. "Before Current Era", lol. Just declare the star-date of your battle, put the thematic work into your army, and carry on. Your rules are downstream of the miniatures but the work you put into it is upstream of rolling off for deployment.
>>
>>92573566
Have fun with the new Extremis Marines® set to release in 5 years.

Imagine giving a shit about NuHammer.
>>
>>92573453
All they had to do was say they were thunder warriors. It was so easy.
>>
>>92573350
What's with this /tg/ trend of phrasing your opinions as dumb questions? Desperately fishing for (you)s by trying to rile people up?
>>
>>92573350
I love how 40k fans don’t do anything but exclusively bitch and whine like cucks about a setting they haven’t liked in nearly two decades this shit is so pathetic and gross. Never ever to talk about things you like you fucks just use this board as a therapist
>>
>>92582836
Correct

>>92583583
40k fans are a lot like abused spouses, and much like them they have a pathological need of trauma dumping followed by defending their abuser to the same 3rd party.
However, unlike abused spouses, a lot of them don't have people in real life to do this to. So instead, we get 30% of /tg/ being the gaming equivalent of "I could never leave him, the good times are still good, and what if there's no one else out there that will ever love me like he does?"
>>
>>92584050
Kek
>>
The tau are still not canon to me.
>>
>>92573453
>This
I continued playing to see if they could make it work.
Then every single new model released proceeded to be "crawl built it"

It turned out to be a good thing though because it made me realise that if GW doesn't give a shit about their established setting than neither should I.
>>
>>92575947
>Hey anon, I genuinely dislike something.
>No you don't. You are blatantly ignorant you stupid idiot.
I knew 40k attracted autistic people, but I thought they were at least high functioning ones.
>>
>>92588304
I don't care that you don't like something, but to say you dislike something for a reason and have that reason disproven only to then still hold that position, that failing is on you. Just own it. You don't like change, so take that position. I don't expect people to know the settings I enjoy as well as me, but don't bullshit me and then lie to me because you're incapable of being succinct and coherent. There's exists plausible outs for all those things he's done. As for the tone, the setting is the darkest it's ever been. The only reason you think this is not the case is because most people don't read the books.
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>92588369
>>
>the lore matters

No, it's a kind of toy soldier board game. This has been neglected for too long at the expense of varying agendas from both sides.
>>
>>92588304
This drawing is full of SOVL
>>
>>92588369
You are correct Anon. Thank you for facts and logicing me
>>
>>92575108
There's obviously a degree of "Green Ranger beats up the team" here, but I like to think of him as being the AdMech's Bobby G; this is what the organisation COULD achieve if it stopped all the dicking around (albeit justified in a universe where computers can literally be demonically possessed). I will admit I was always partial to Andy Chambers' rationale as to why they introduced the "older mark" weapons on Chaos Terminators ("the imperium can innovate and develop, it just does so at the speed of a lame tortoise") so I'm biased here.
There's probably also a degree of >>92581861 too of course.
>>
>>92573453
>Battletech players have it right. If you dont like a part of lore, pick an era, and ignore the rest. Most battletech players dont acknowledge anything beyond the fed-com civil war

What's funny is that for a long time, a lot of players refused to play Clan Invasion or later. It's interesting that the grogs advanced (though this was influenced by IRL events to be fair).

>>92573521
Rules to explicitly support multiple eras came several years after people had already been doing that.
>>
>>92581861
From memory this is sort of the case with the Lathe Worlds in Dark Heresy, the Magos in charge of each Lathe world gets the credit for whatever their FW does and there's as much internal politics in the AdMech as in the Administratum
>>
>>92588369

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.