[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: City-Under-the-Sea.jpg (553 KB, 1200x1878)
553 KB
553 KB JPG
This thread is dedicated to all kinds of solo games.

Shark riders edition.

Resources: https://rentry.org/srpgg
Previous thread: >>92492535

>Thread Question: Have your solo adventures taken you to strange and/or uncommon adventure locales?
>>
Huh... The weirdest place I had an adventure was in the guts of a Moray.
>>
Ironsworn/Starforged is drastically more fun with spells and combat.
I get that the whole point of the setting is that its a gritty humanity's last stand where there's no real time/leisure to learn spells or research them.
But with the way combat is all just journaled theatre of the mind it's much more interesting with magic because there's more possibilities and its less repetition of "I swing my sword".
>>
>>92589908
spells in combat not and combat ffs
>>
>>92589908
There's a chapter about hacking IS for high fantasy. I agree with you about spells and combat. I still use rituals, but I use them like spells that wizards prepare in the morning. Like Bind. You prepare the ritual once and when time comes you can shift into an animal form by breaking the bracelet/necklace that keeps the spell from activating. It last until X time. If you have 1 dot, it's until the day/night is over. You look like an animal-human hybrid until that time. 2 dots it's 1 hour later and you can also shift into a full animal. 3 dots and you can shift back and forth from human, animal hybrid and full animal until the end of the day/night.
If you fail your ritual or get a 1 when using it (3 dots shifted back into a human can't go feral), you go feral. How long depends on how many dots you have. 1 dot and it's until you revert back when the spell ends.
>>
>>92589332
Was it a giant Moray or more like Fantastic Voyage but in the guts of a Moray?
>>
>>92590412
It was a giant cosmic Moray elder god, which had a victorian house inside it's guts for some reason too
>>
>>92588976
>>Thread Question: Have your solo adventures taken you to strange and/or uncommon adventure locales?
Yes. It made me go through my own mind. It's a cold, dark, alien place full of holes, eldritch things and a strange love for that shiver you get when you take a much needed piss.
>>
I like Dreamland adventures in Call of Cthulhu. None of my players are into it. I think it's a setting that's better for solo anyway. For some reason it's easier for me to have a clear idea in my mind of what it looks and feels like in that setting than in normal ones. Maybe it's because I can associate the generic feeling of my own dreams to it idk
>>
>after some minor problems with delivery address, physical Scarlet Heroes finally arrived
I truly don't have any excuse anymore. Okay then, time to stat up Keirana the Atlazonian.
>>
>>92588976
>TQ
My thief and his (much stronger) hired warrior mercenary have been tasked to secure a lost magical item from inside a cursed picture of a gigantic snail shell at the bottom of the sea.

Unfortunately, I've never continued this campaign because all my ideas about what the curse could be and what crazy things they could find in the shell fell way short of the initial cool premise.
>>
Anyone part of the 10% that got the sundered isles stuff yet?
>>
>>92595144
There's gotta be like 1-2 people here tops who aren't just waiting to pirate it lol
>>
>>92595152
I bought like a cuck but I like Shawn's stuff and wanted to support him, not the he needed my money the damn thing got 200,000 dollars.
>>
>>92595160
What I don't get about rpg devs is why even the successful ones kickstart everything and then don't sell any copies after the kickstarter is over and the surplus from it is sold.
Surely they could make more money by just taking out a business loan and doing another printing.
>>
>>92595144
God damnit I've read tsundere isles and now I'm wondering how that setting would be
>>
>>92589908
I've not looked at Vaults & Vows because it's too expensive for what it is but Arcanum is pretty good for adding some magic.
Only issue is that it really leans into the Ars Magicka knockoff design so a lot of it is designed around building a mages tower with attendants and stuff which I personally don't think is a good fit for ironsworn's world. It's just too grand of a project for a single character & their followers in a world where everyone is living on the edge.
>>
>>92590412
When your drow wife’s in heat but there’s eels to be beat that’s a moray
When her doll slave complains there’s a fish in her brain that’s a moray
>>
>>92595144
Actually me. Still didn't take a proper look at it because I had to go to bed (and now to work), but I did download it.
>>
>>92595942
Kek
>>
>super bored of game, decide to just shelve it
>start another one. fuck it man I'll do a dumb self insert mysterious surroundings figure-it-all-out-as-you-go game
>generated background. bladesmith, starting taken prisoner by bandits
>am I around camp, or kept locked up? extreme "no" so extreme kept locked up. bound and in a cell instead of one or the other
>so I'm gonna need something to work with to get me out of here so that there's a game. random event
>introduce friendly NPC
>start generating him/her
>16 str 8 int, bandit but not one of the captors, "scruffy"
>reminds me an awful lot of another character from another dumb self-insert game I played
>is it just her again? only on a 98+
>fate has been tempted. 99
>reunited with a new incarnation of my dumb eat-and-drink-and-fight-a-lot wolf wife
>she's also a prisoner but her bindings were loose enough
>thought it would feel forced and weird but the game's actually moving pretty well
>busted outta jail and snuck out via a tunnel, beat a skeleton by tackling it to the ground and pulling all the bones apart and running like hell
>camping innawoods trying to find a town
>will have to smuggle her in if we do find one, It's Illegal to be a nonhuman/elf/dwarf 'round these parts. also a bandit naturally, she may be wanted, don't know yet
>at least we found a river to follow, surely eventually we'll find one
>sticks and stones hunting. all we managed to nab during our escape was a lantern, and then a rusted sword from the skeleton
>we've bagged a deer and some fish with some bushcraft javelins
>chimney (?) smoke on the horizon
>no cash, lost as fuck, my buddy's illegal, one rusted sword, an empty lantern, a Bonkin' Stick, and some pointy Throwin' Sticks. not even a backpack or a single copper coin between us
this is gonna be a rough start but I am having fun
I won't let her die this time
>>
>>92598291
I believe in you, the dice gods have your back
>>
>start a new solo game
>get a cold like 2 days later
This is like the 3rd time its happened. I think I've got some weird carryover from the covid period where my brain now just associates the first signs of illness with wanting to play solo rpgs
>>
the worst part about playing solo is being stuck with a shit gm
>>
File: GIT GUD.jpg (16 KB, 316x277)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>92599966
Perhaps you should git gud
>>
File: murania24-300x226.jpg (14 KB, 300x226)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>tfw the ancient lost civilization my fantasy PCs were looking for end up being full sci-fi with robots, missiles, radiation and train/cars in a vast vacuum tubes network
So far it abandoned with no surviving members of the race. It's kind of fun to play characters that are so out of their element that they think in terms of magic and golem instead of robots and science.
It's also fun because one of my PC is a useless (in this situation) rogue seductress. No people to flirt with. No need for any climbing since everything still works down there and there's lots of automatic anti-gravity elevators.
Another one is a Witch Hammer. He hates magic and thinks he's finally found the realm where the source of it is located. If only he could find it and destroy it.
My last one is an old scholar and she's the one who knows things about this civilization. Except that it turns out she was wrong about everything lol
I wish for them to get out with ray guns, energy shields and anti-gravity discs. Maybe even with a robot or two. But I fear the real ending will be my Rogue dying from sex with a humanoid looking robot, the Witch Hammer hitting the wrong thing and exploding and the old Scholar deciding that she'd rather die here than go back and have to admit that all the scrolls and books she wrote about the civilization are just plain wrong.
>>
>>92599966
Solo rpging the other night and the gm totally transgressed against my lines and veils. Ignored my X cards. I felt so violated.
>>
>>92599966
>>92600817
My GM made me write an overlong backstory for my character and HE MADE ME USE IT IN PLAY!
What a fucking asswipe. I just wanted to kill goblins and crawl into dark tunnels, but no, he had to make another group wanting to get the McGuffin talisman before me and the guy leasing them just had to be my old mentor that betrayed me and that I still had paternal feelings for.
>>
>>92600817
I didn't know Adam Koebel does solo now. Makes sense, since nobody else wants to play with him, lol
>>
>>92600817
There's veil/lines/X card shit for solo too. It's so weird that some people are so not in control of their own mind and imagination that they need these tools to play by themselves.
>>
>>92600888
Nice trips, but I don't see how female pelvic exercises and their inventor has to do with anything.
>>
>>92600888
>>92600983
Arnold Kegel isn't real, he's one of Adam's PC from one of his lewd games.
>>
>>92600973
Have you been to these threads? Oracles are continually pushing the lewd on unsuspecting anons!
>>
>>92601004
Only as a push back against lines and veils bullshit! The Oracle is your friend. Long live the Oracle.
>>
>>92601155
You're a horny oracle, aren't you?
>>
>>92601155
>>92601255
Holy double dubs of Dubsville, Bratman!
I have a... shoehorn?
>>
>>92601273
So the oracle is also a foot fetishist? Kinda tame. Maybe he's not as lewd as we think.
>>
File: OOF size large.jpg (32 KB, 640x490)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>92599966
>>
>>92599966
I am the only person I know who runs the kind of games I want to play though
>>
Got my sundered isle shit. Time to get down to it.
>>
File: zipper.jpg (33 KB, 481x263)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>92600973
>>
>Do too much prep
>Feel like I'm railroading myself
>Do too little prep
>Don't want to improv every goddamn time
>>
>>92588976
is it just me, or is there not an easy word to express a “moderate” amount of time away from something?

What I mean is that “soon” implies relitive closeness and “a while” or “late/r” implies relitive distance, but whats a term for significant, but not extreme distance?
>it happened soon after dinner
>it happened late after dinner
>it happened __ after dinner

just trying to think of a good word for relative time.
>>
>>92606488
some time
>>
>>92589908
>less repetition of "I swing my sword".
This shows a lack of creativity. One of the best combat scenes I've done involved my mage protagonist.
He didn't throw a single spell during it, it was him vs 3 guards in the entrance to a small, dank cell after he refused to let them beat a prisoner.
>>
>>92606488
Imminent
>>
>>92606488
Eventually?
>>
>>92606488
>neither soon after nor long after
maybe have no word at all? It just happened after dinner
>>
>>92606488
A while after
>>
>>92609597
That implies immediacy. Some time works, like >>92606837 says
>>
>>92606488
in british english a phrase like "later that day/evening" would just mean not immediately after the prior event
>>
File: l-intro-1612184486.jpg (335 KB, 1600x897)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
My Witch Hammer PC got blown up, but the city turned him into a cyborg thing. Parts of his new body are faulty, other parts act like the tentacles of Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 and have a will of their own. The PC himself is at 0 HP/in a coma. The parts that can think gave total control to the cybernetic brain implant (PC lost 1/4 of his brain) and it's seeing the other 2 PCs as a threat to be eliminated.
Happy fun time murderous chase begins.
>>
>>92606488
Be specific. 2 hours ago, for example. A fortnight (2 weeks). In 2 days.
A thing I hate in fiction is when people write 2 or 3. It's fucking 2 OR 3, it's not fucking hard! Writers should know better. 2 OR 3 weeks/days/things. Not 2 or 3.
But that may be my autistic side talking. I just find it weird when people say that shit in books and in real life. I find it harder to not know if it's 2 or 3 than knowing the actual number.
>>
>>92608533
>He didn't throw a single spell during it, it was him vs 3 guards
Care to provide details? Sounds like a cool scene.
>>
>>92612068
Have both pages of it and the fall out afterwards. He's pretty much a non-combat character so 3 dudes with knives was an extreme encounter, IIRC.
>>
>>92612098
What software are you using in that screenshot?
>>
>>92611954
Have you tried not having brain damage?
Context makes it obvious that he wants to make some sort of general randomiser, so a specific interval is not at all what he wants.
>>
>>92612634
https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com
>>
>>92612645
Roll for days/weeks/months/years
Roll number of seconds/minutes/hours
Done
Also, you can't 'try' not having brain damage. You have it or you don't.
>>
>>92612648
Thank you, interesting utility.
>>
>>92606488
In english it seems that proximity time terms usually mean either close or indefinite but not immediate. you could use a full phrase instead like "Modest amount of time", modest meaning not extreme either way. or you could abandon specific time terms and just go short medium long.
>>92610234
Thats true for american english as well. but if you said "Late after dinner" you can expect it to mean a sizable time. Or else you wouldnt say late, just "after".
>>92611954
>Be specific
Sounds like the point is exactly the opposite of that. Wanting a RELITIVE term, not a specific one. like how you have short, medium, and long for length. Something you can apply within context. Soon for a physical letter to arrive from across the country is different from soon for a cannon to reload.
>>
Is this an esl poster?
Later, after, that evening etc etc are all relative, if you want to specify them you add a qualifier i.e. immediately after, hours later.
>>
Does anyone have the campaign rules for Wasteland Warfare solo play?
>>
>>92615520
Using a simple degree fie would work best. No need for words. Roll a die. 6. Okay, it's a long ass time. 1. It's just about to happen. Determine the length with context or an oracle roll. 6. Is it his week? No, and... it's next year.
>>
>>92620935
Die, not fie.
Fie: exclamation archaic humorous used to express disgust or outrage.
Damn, I'm a secret good at words type guy person.
>>
>>92612098
did you fuck her?
>>
File: askcardcolour.pdf (18 KB, PDF)
18 KB
18 KB PDF
>playing a diceless rpg
>roll more oracle dice than in any other game
>PROFIT?
Surprisingly, or not, playing a diceless game solo is easier than with players. Since I won't argue with the GM it cuts down on a lot of wasted time. And even when I don't use an oracle, I'm so scared of cheating that I'm very hard on myself.
Speaking of diceless, I'm thinking of using this one in my next game. With a traditional rpg, not a diceless one. I love randomness too much to not include it at all. I'll probably also make the same type of diceless oracle with some events/words to go with the Yes/No one. I like the idea that I'll have to decide when and where to be hard or helpful to my PC. Sort of resources management in solo oracle form.
>>
This is great.
https://wasitlikely.blogspot.com/2023/08/palimpsest-game-in-pieces.html
>>
>>92622882
I mean the random generator. I haven't tried anything else. But the random gen is really great.
>>
Hi somewhat of a newfag into ttrpg's, I've had some solo sessions playing basic fantasy and I had somewhat fun with it but man I don't feel that much of a thrill, since I do the dm too I already know what's gonna happen in the dungeon, how can I make things more interesting?
>>
>>92623577
By not knowing what's going to happen in the dungeon. Generate as you explore. It's slower, yes, but without that you don't get to really explore. So it's worth it in my opinion.
Alternatively, know the dungeon itself, but treat your group of characters as their own entity and leave much of their choices up to weighted random chance. Give them a few quirks and characteristics and make informed "do they do this or this" rolls based off that, and explore the story of these loveable retards falling into traps and getting eaten by ghouls.
>>
>>92612098
Very compelling read, anon, but >>92621626's question cannot go unanswered
>>
>>92621626
Nah, the character was there on business rather than pleasure. You can't claim to be the objective party after banging someone.

Hell, have the whole copy, I've posted it here before;
https://mega.nz/file/HBIxCLBL#yEZJu7sYuba21WfoRus2EEE6rQQ1ze_SuoUGMYvErCM
>>
>>92623882
Sounds good, any dungeon generator recommendations?
>>
>>92598291
tempted to do this with my boring game, I feel like the meta aspect of transplanting old characters would be weird though
>>
>>92625170
Nta but on a related note. If I was to develop my own dungeon generator is the ADnD dungeon generation a good place to start?
>>
>>92623577
Although you technically know what's going to happen if things go as planned, the trick is to set things up so that unexpected things can occur and that's when it gets interesting. That's why you should play with random events or wandering monsters and that sort of thing.
>>
>>92624671
I think the way 2d6 Dungeon does it is kinda neat. There's a "free"/"demo" version over on itch that has the whole generation system in it if you want to take a look. It's essentially rolling a D66 to determine X and Y on the graph paper with a few extra cases added on in the case of rolling doubles or a '1' on either die
>>
>Sundered Isles in the pdf thread already
Y'know I would've just paid for it if I hadn't missed the incredibly arbitrary kickstarter period
>>
>>92630574
surely you wouldn't pirate it
>>
>>92625170
Let me give you some foreshadowing. Almost every solo player goes through/is going through the same process.
First they look for THE best dungeon generator. Some do it before ever playing. Then they discover that none of them are perfect or exactly what they want, so they begin to cobble them together, add homebrew rules, random tables from other sources, etc. Again,m some of them do this before ever playing. That part of the process almost always involve adding things and never cutting anything off.
Then they see the light and start using only yes/no oracles, binary choices, idea generators, degree dice, etc. to create their dungeons.
But the last step needs the previous ones to work. You need experience and dungeon design knowledge before going freeform.
But every steps of the process are fun and are actual games if you play. It's just that most players spend a lot of time in the search of the best system while playing. Some do it while not playing. And the end is almost always freeform using past experiences as a guide or giving up after months of reading shit up and never playing.
Play. Doesn't matter if it's imperfect or rule lite. Just play. Experience is key. A bad adventure is still better than no adventure. A TPK at the start of a dungeon is better than no dungeon. A dungeon generator for idiots is better than no dungeon at all.
Oh, and it's easier at first to play as the DM and use a stable of NPCs as the 'PCs'. In that case you use the oracle/random tables/etc. to determine what these guy do and how they react to the challenges you throw at them.
For this a yes/no oracle with a way to create random events (on a match of the dice, for example) is very useful. A random event is the PCs doing something unexpected. Maybe on a low/high or odd/even match, it's positive/negative for them. And a reaction table to determine the way they act when encountering monsters/NPCs. You can create your own or use a classic one with a little bit of imagination.
>>
>>92631441
I pirated the blueprints of a car and used a 3D printer to create it.
>>
>>92631443
Nah I just use Jade Collosus+system relevant encounters lol
>>
>>92631471
Good for you. But that process thing is very, very common. I've seen it so many times with so many people in the last few years.
>>
>>92631598
There really does need to be a proper dungeon generator.
I know its not easy but surely it could be done.
>>
File: 00021-2788029471.jpg (34 KB, 450x562)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>92611023
Scholar got killed by the Witch Hammer. The WH then found a way to destroyed himself because he was "full of evil magic". The Rogue survived the explosion.
But the city gassed her, the robots put her in a rocket and it blasted her off to "safety" while some other bots dealt with the consequences of the explosion.
This is how the Rogue escaped the city and went back to the surface.
There's some loot in the rocket, but she has no idea what it does. Time to experiment. And to put some markers on the ground to mourn her fallen comrades.
Oh, and the rocket was on autopilot and went back down on it's own. Let's hope the city doesn't send bots to get her back. But it's a pretty damaged city/computers so it probably won't even notice the rocket came back empty.
>>
>>92631628
there are countless proper dungeon generators
it's just that none of them are perfect
the AD&D DMG is very good for what it does but is very sluggish. there is ultimately no way to get its level of detail without its level of rolling
all other generators are less detail for less rolls
>>
>>92631628
Are there any serious contenders at the moment?
What would you want a good dungeon generator to create that a bad(or even passable) generator could not.
>>
>>92611023
>>92631763
>witch hammer is turned into what he hates without being able to do anything about it
>kills himself as soon as he regains consciousness
This could be turned into a movie honestly, it's peak narrative
>>
>>92631441
It’s just getting into character
>>
>>92632250
My die is possessed by the spirit of a writer who died before the writer's strike.
>>
>>92630574
this is like 70% incredibly cool stuff that hasn't been done well in rpgs before and then 30% ideas/concepts like trader and socialite where my reaction is "why the fuck would you want to play this sort of game in the starforged system"
>>
>>92634130
>Not playing a Trader or Socialite
Honestly, Starforged is perfect for that sort of thing, it's a system where you've got zero obligation to include rando-combat encounters to keep other players entertained.
You want to play a Mason whose epic vow is building a Cathedral after swearing he'd do so to a dying priest? Go for it.
Want to be a quick witted political manipulator who pulls strings behind the scenes in a cut-throat Empire? Easy.
It's obscenely easy to adjust challenges and the setting to fit more with other kinds of play.
>>
>>92599966
>Playing solo
>Think a rule is retarded and say as much
>GM ignores me and uses it anyway
I need to leave this group
>>
just played my first round of this. there's a lot more rolling that what i'd prefer and the rulebook conveys information somewhat poorly due to questionable organization and structuring.
regardless it's fun enough. i'm playing on tabletop simulator and using randomized figurines for crew members really makes for a hilarious party setup.
>>
>>92599966
This made me laugh.

Luckily, I'm the best GM I know.
>>
>>92635511
>fight a botched mission where the designated melee guy gets involuntarily dissected and i get shotgun pellets lodged in my skull
>both of us miraculously survive
>my crew voted me off the captain's seat due to loss of confidence
>they put a fucking geth in charge
i'm getting cucked by the oracle
>>
>ship damaged and our Scientists nymphomania means we don't have a vacsuit to exploit the wreck of the unknown ship
>fuck it, plot a course for the outpost, scrounge some repairs and buy a suit.
>devise a new jump route and head home, make it surprisingly well and in good time
>outpost is under attack from what looks to be a pirate/outlaw squadron
>Rachel starts swearing under her breath and checks the torpedo magazine as the girls make to engage
Got to love the oracle some times.
>>
File: character portrait.png (645 KB, 512x768)
645 KB
645 KB PNG
>Keirana the Atlazonian
>human fighter
>STR 16, DEX 12, CON 11, INT 12, WIS 10, CHA 10
>ex-soldier 2, forest ranger 2, document inspector 1

>Keirana arrived to Tetrata as one of refugees who fled their homeland of Atlazonia
>the island-nation of Atlazonia, ruled by a magocratic council, tore itself asunder in what is effectively a civil war between its mages
>Keirana's group is not very large, and they don't know if there are any other groups as well
>Keirana's first objective is to scout the area around the landing camp, for the people don't actually know much about Tetrata

wtf when did jannies remove the "subject" field from the reply window?
>>
>>92634130
they actually added a load of financial rules like loot and upkeep for playing traders/pirates which I think is shaun admitting that the game actually needed some form of currency.
It's still not as good as UVG for playing a trader but you could now probably combine the two.
>>
File: x7dzs9d8qu4b1.jpg (1.27 MB, 4169x5906)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>92640950
>play Ironsworn/Starforged
>action is my reward
I have my own way of playing ships in IS. Ship Health is called Integrity. Give 1 Stock (2nd Supply track for the ship/crew instead of personal Supply) to regain 0-1-2 Integrity depending on your roll.
Another Supply stat is called Booty and is for wealth/prisoners/treasure belonging to the crew/ship. You can hide some points of Booty in static places but must make an oracle roll to see if it's still there when you go back. Oracle roll is harder if you made a map and if your crew knew about the hiding place. No map/lost map (personal Supply is where the map is stored at) and you have to make a navigation roll to get back to the site. If you fail, you don't find it (logic applies depending on where the Booty is at).
Naval battles are just normal Battle Move or fight tracks with ship stats.
>>
>>92640950
Currency is the last thing IS/SF needs. I mean I can see it working for a game that’s specifically about loot, but the abstraction of hunting or credits has always been liberating instead of a failure, IMO.
>>
>PC hears suspicious noises
>go full tactical/plan/trap/stealth
>appears like a Jack-in-the-Box from a corridor corner
>HAHA GOT YOU!!!
>no one is there
>*scratch head*
>gets jumped from behind
The oracle is a jump scare dick today.
>>
Hardcore recs for a guy who likes fantasy?
>>
>>92638405
>i cede the captain's hat to Jeb Clanksen (a fucking geth)
>he gives a grand speech to the rest of the crew about how things are going to change for the better
>everyone seems pretty positive about this
>the other clanker in the team, FUCK_69, is especially happy about "a fellow mecha-coded person finally taking charge"
>uh, ok

>later that week, Clanksen manages to find a contract
>eliminate some psycho gang members
>very straightforward
>too straightforward, in fact
>i think this is a trap, Clanksen brushes it aside
>"it's ezpz bro, they're just a bunch'a psychos! we'll be down and back aboard Astolfo before lunch"
>we push forward and unload near the mission area
>the psychos have shotguns and MACHINE GUNS
>FUCK_69 gets domed after missing a lasgun shot
>i manage to kill a few psychos but get stabbed in the ribs
>Strongwind, that fucking champ, eats a fistful of space pervitin and zigzags his way to the psychos with machine guns
>he does the Raiden thing and chops up the psychos into pieces, but eats a full burst from one of the machine guns
>meanwhile, Clanksen panics and misses all his shots
>the mission is an absolute hell, multiple people are injured
>Strongwind is in a coma
>contract payout: 2 credits and some scrap metal
I FUCKING TOLD YOU, CLANKSEN
EASY PEASY, HUH?
>>
>>92641688
If you want solo games, not a solo engine to add to a traditional rpg, go with Scarlet Heroes or Ironsworn. SH is OSR-like. Ironsworn is more like PbtA, but better. Both are easily hackable to any setting/type of fantasy. IS is probably easier to adapt to completely different settings because the rules and tables are more generic.
If you like constraints, go with SH, if you like freeform, go with IS. Not that SH is that constrained, but it's more focused on OSR/Fantasy and has some mechanics that give it a certain feel. heat mechanic make sit a wandering adventurer focused game and the city adventures are mostly about crimes. IS may look like it's heavily tied to the setting, but it's really not. I've run pulp games, investigations, a romantic comedy (don't judge me... I do that enough to myself), a non-Starforged space exploration/lost in space campaign, a settlers creating a new civilization though years of hardship campaign and a superhero game with it. With minimal hacking/no hacking at all. Even the oracles/tables can be used as they are if you have some imagination. They are generic enough. Role a soldier as an NPC? Maybe it's a cop in the 1920s or a paranoid survivalist in a post-apocalyptic setting. The Action/Theme tables are even easier to use.
>>
File: hh.png (29 KB, 315x250)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
>hexhunt anon here
So, I've finally finished the second book (of three) and published it on itch.io, freely available for download.

Now the only thing left is the 3rd book: Of Men & Monsters
https://hexhunt.itch.io/hexhunt
>>
>>92641982
You dah man HH anonkunsamasan!
>>
>>92641898
I don't know what PbtA is, but I've heard of Ironsworn.
>>
Stupid basic investigation rules for dummies like me.
Come up with the number of questions needed to be answered to learn the truth. 3 or 5 are good numbers for this. The Who, Why, When, How, What, Where.
When you investigate something/someone, roll a d6. 2 or 3 if you have some advantage/disadvantage and keep the highest or lowest die respectively.
1= No answer, and a previous answer is proven false/a red herring. If no question has been answered, just bump the number of questions to be answered by 1.
2= No. No answer. Maybe look for another job, that detective thing isn't really working out for you
3= No, but... you get a clue to a person, location or event of interest that can provide an answer if investigated
4= Yes, but... you get an answer to one of the questions, but the answer makes 1 unexplored avenue of investigation you had thought off irrelevant. If you didn't have anything else to investigate, just bump the number of questions by 1.
5= Yes. Answer one of the questions. Good job Detective McDumdum
6= Yes and answer 2 of the questions you lucky retard
>>
>>92642232