[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sine Requie.png (111 KB, 505x213)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>What is Sine Requie?
Sine Requie is a tabletop role-playing game set in a post-apocalyptic Europe (optionally US, Japan and Egypt) during the 1950s. It combines elements of horror, mystery, and survival, with players navigating a world filled with undead and supernatural threats while also dealing with the scars of World War II.

>How does it work?
The Tarot Reader (GM) uses a complete deck of tarot cards, both minor and major arcana, to see how various game situations unfold. There are no dice.

>What can you play?
A Templar with sword and shield at the Pope's command, an undercover Gestapo agent in the 4th Reich, a worker in a Soviet metal city controlled by a computer, or the simple survivor in abandoned cities overrun by the undead.

TQ: Why aren't you already playing the most kino game there is?
>>
>great and intresting setting
>absolute shit conflict resolution mechanic
Why are indie rpg devs like this?
Nevermind, steal the setting and use other rules.
>>
>>92591009
The tarot doesn't make any sense with the metaplot. The Rider–Waite is very traditional and somewhat proto art nouveau it will just be super anachronistic the setting and tatot together.
What's wrong with dice?
>>
File: L'Imperatore.png (187 KB, 225x410)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>92593907
What rules do you suggest? I've thought about using something like PbtA, if not Apocalypse World itself.
But I'm trying to be more open-minded with rules system I don't like too much. For example, I strongly dislike the random character generation, but my players are fine with that.

>>92594101
There is a in-setting tarot deck made by an artist (which you can buy). The metaplot revolves around the Tarot Reader, a figure with the tarot deck itself who is giving the 4 Objects of Powers (Excalibur, Saint Graal, Moses's Staff and the Gold of the Nibelungs) to specific characters, each one portrayed in the cards themselves.
>>
>>92591009
Because most modules and the setting itself encourage cringelords to master this shit like a mix between their magical realm and a paranoid victimist jew's view of the world
Figo comunque ma col cazzo che ci gioco con degli sconosciuti
>>
File: Il Diavolo.png (163 KB, 220x413)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>>92598637
>Because most modules and the setting itself encourage cringelords to master this shit like a mix between their magical realm and a paranoid victimist jew's view of the world
The only magical realm I can see myself insert in this setting is to fill it with gay characters.
I don't get the paranoid victimist part.

>Figo comunque ma col cazzo che ci gioco con degli sconosciuti
Penso che giocare con degli sconosciuti sia orrendo praticamente con qualsiasi gioco, non solo con Sine, ma in questo caso hai ragione.
>>
>>92591009
>TQ: Why aren't you already playing the most kino game there is?
Don't have the pdf to read yet. Looks neat, thanks anon.
>>
File: Il Carro.png (173 KB, 223x420)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
>>92607781
Sadly there isn't a pdf at this moment. The books are physical (and italian) only.
>>
>>92613877
>why aren't you playing this thing you can't have
Bummer.
>>
>>92591009
>TQ
maybe because is spaghetti only?
>>
>>92593907
There's nothing wrong with the system itself: rather than rolling a die and adding your bonus to the result, you do the same but with cards. It's virtually the same, except that with a deck of cards you can guess the most likely result if needed.
This system also allows piling multiple actions and reaction in the same round at the cost of increasing malus, which makes sense thematic-wise.
The deck of major arcana is de facto optional and offers a narrative approach to the game, which is certainly better than a powered by the shitcalypse system.
The setting is kino and serpentarium not publishing it in English because muh nazis is utterly retarded.
>>
File: L'Imperatrice.png (64 KB, 139x249)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
>>92618554
>>92618597
I'm spreading the information hoping that there will be some curiosity and therefore interest in Sine Requie. If you have any questions about the setting or the system I'll gladly answer.

>>92618902
>serpentarium not publishing it in English because muh nazis is utterly retarded.
I don't know anything related a possible English version at the moment. What do you mean?
>>
>>92621036
played years ago. it was an adventure in a soviet nest. it was fun, but when you are with friends at the table even 5e is fun.
>>
>>92621036
That's what I meant: they are not going to release and English version of the game, and that's most likely because of the theme. Imagine hating money so much.
>>
>>92621036
Does anyone have any pfs of this games books. All I can find is the 2nd edition rule book and 2nd edition 4th Reich.
>>
>>92621036
Do you answer lore questions?
>>
>>92622833
I can, big SR fan here.
>>
>>92623089
Can you tell me about each member about the Council of Thirteen, and there powers and what they think of eachother.
>>
>>92623089
What is exactly the point of gladiators in the Soviet. Doesn't having a two people fight against eachother and having fans and promoters and mascot defeat the purpose of the Soviets mission of making everything equal under the Tsar
>>
>>92623154
>>92623089
Also, who and what are the Cossaks, what do they look like?
>>
>>92623089
What is the secret behind the Siegfrieds abd Valkyries, why are they so fucked up and creepy.
>>
>>92621036
>muh nazis

"Nuances and perspective, grey morality, what's that. I my character to be a queer they-them wheelchair lady."
>>
>>92623134
What is there to tell about them? There's a full book about them. They are a bunch of inscius and diabolicus that go from being giant fanatic nazis like Reichmann or Kraam to eldritch horrors like Fremmen.
>>92623154
Soviet is full of contradictions, and that goal is only propaganda.
>>
>>92623493
I tried to find a pdf of thst book. Do you have it?
>>
>>92623089
What are the different levels of dead. And are there other monsters other than the dead.
>>
>>92623493
>They are a bunch of inscius and diabolicus that go from being giant fanatic nazis like Reichmann or Kraam to eldritch horrors like Fremmen.

Yes. But who, who is the eldritch horror like Fremmen?
>>
>>92623676
And what are their powers.
>>
>>92623089
Who is Fremmen, his backstory the man he was before he was Fremmen and who he is as a figure within the Sine Requie universe.
>>
>>92623089
Is there anything insidious about the Sanctum Imperium, on the surface they look like neutral good guys aside from the medieval mindset and inquisition that can be to narrow minded and fanatical, but is there more to it than that, is the pope a diabolicus are the clergy members are?

Does the Sanctum Imperium have any standing armies other than the Templars, like remnants of the Italian army. And along with that, what became of the Black Fascist party in Italy after the Sanctum's rise to power.
>>
>>92623676
No one knows, lots of things are left unexplained, and Fremmen's identity is one of those.
>>92623701
No one knows, but he appears in Anno 0, where you can read the moment he awakes (and the whole scene is Lovecraftian to say the least)
He used to be a higher official for sure, but that's all we know.
>>92623692
Diabolicus all have different powers, inscius do not.
Diabolicus's powers go from Reichman's hypnotic effect to Kraam being able to control dead people and not decaying despite not eating fresh meat, for instance.
Fremmen can do pretty much everything (insane strength, can supposedly be in different locations at the same time, etc) and is the real powerhouse of the council.
If a character in SR does not have eyes, then he's the real deal. Skinner is the only exception, but he's more akin to a metajoke in that sense.
>>
>>92623783
The pope is not a diabolicus.
There's a lot of shit happening in the Sanctum Imperium, like Decussis Sanguinis.
The black king is an interesting character, and in one of the last books he killed the white queen, who was trying to neutralize him, and turned her into another eldritch abomination, the black queen; she obviously lost her eyes in the process.
>>
>>92623933
Who is Skinner?
>>
>>92624130
>>
>>92623933
So, dose Fremmen has any other powers. Is he basically God
>>
>>92624136
Who is he, what is he, what does he do?
>>
>>92624151
As I said, unknown. Don't expect clear answers, especially when related to the main cast.
His powers are not even that clear in the first place.
>>
Who is this mechanical woman, what does she do.
>>
>>92624160
Just an inscius going around with his pal.
He cut his eyes that way to "see the truth", or something like that.
That's the meta-joke when compared to all the major characters with shut eyes (his friend, the watcher, Osiris/Ramsesse, the first lady, black queen/king, Fremmen)
>>
>>92623933
>If a character in SR does not have eyes, then he's the real deal

Ok but in art I see Reichmann, and Phobus, and Muck(somewhat) with eyes
>>
>>92624246
That's why Fremmen is the real danger among the council, and Reichmann himself is wary of him.
>>
>>92624195
Whose the first lady, I assume this is in America?
>>
>>92624272
What does Fremmen want exactly? He looks a guy who can kill all the Council members and Goku with no effort, why stick around. Does he even care about the 4th Reich and Nazism, I get the feeling that he's above everything.
>>
>>92591009
>The Tarot Reader (GM) uses a complete deck of tarot cards, both minor and major arcana, to see how various game situations unfold. There are no dice.
Hard pass
>>
Whose that guy in the top hat and gas mask?
>>
>>92624316
How dose that Tarot system work exactly?
>>
>>92624276
Indeed.
>>92624295
You don't know what a lovecraft-inspired creature want, that's not how it works.
>>92624323
Related to the Land of Toys.

Just get the main book and read it if you're that curious, by the way.
>>92624335
Each card is related to a certain outcome, which could be good, bad or neutral. It's just a system for a more narrative resolution, but the game itself works with a deck of card that is basically the same as dice. See a previous post for more details.
>>
I still have my original first version of the game somewhere, is the Tarot Reader NPC still confirmed to be the in-game incarnation of the GM in the newest edition?
>>
>>92624411
>Just get the main book and read it if you're that curious, by the way

Easier said than done, I can't find any of the PDFs online, all I can find is the 4th Reich book
>>
>>92624411
Are there any other games that use the Tarot system? I could swear there were.
>>
File: La Temperanza.png (66 KB, 131x247)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
I'm happy the thread got some traction when I was away. I'll try to answer some questions that I know the answer to, because I'm doing a re-reading of all the material and I still miss the latest volumes released. I hope I'm not spreading misinformation!

>>92623661
The Sine Requie created by Doctor Pelagatti in game classified the dead in these categories:
Simplex, the basic zombie;
Maior, with limited ability like wielding a rock or open a door;
Larvalis, paralyzed and harmless;
Obnoxius, who repeats what was doing in life like a doll, harmless;
Ferox, the ones who scream, run and fight like demons;
Ferus, beast-like in intelligence and behavior, like wolves, usually form packs;
Atrox, with a horrible smile these kills for "pleasure", not only to feed. Extremely intelligent;
Insciuus, "Unaware", they are dead but retain intelligence and memories from when they were alive. They have all the benefits of being undead but are still subject to Hunger;
Diabolicus, the Demons are like the Inscii, except they have unlocked devastating supernatural powers that they can use at will.

There are a LOT of monsters besides the undead! Golems, horrors created in the German labs like the Mothman or the Kerberi, creatures forged with undead parts which are called "Transustanziati", Biomachines created in the Soviet cities, and a lot of others terrifying beasts.

>>92623676
I'm not expert, but there's a pattern behind the undead "without eyes", like Fremmen, Duccio Malaspina, the Blind Hunter (with Skinner), Cheope, the First Lady and others. Every single one of them is probably a servant of the Serpent, the true enemy of Sine Requie. An entity, called a Power, with the objective to consume and destroy our reality. They are probably "guided" by the Serpent, if not outright animated by it like Fremmen's story in Anno 0 reported, to let events unfolds as the Serpent willed.

>>92623783
To add, the army was reformed and now they are called Crusaders.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.