[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: the stars above us.png (1.71 MB, 877x1159)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
Hey ya'll,

Looking for recommendations for TTRPGS that are set/good for in a modern/modern-like setting, but with magic, fantasy creatures and the like. Ideally something that doesn't have its setting so baked in that I can't manipulate it to a setting closer to what i'd want.

I've heard and fiddled with WoDg, though it's a bit more on the dark and edgy side of things (at least from what i've done, i could be missing something), and i'm looking something a bit closer to scooby doo than call of cthulhu. (not as cartoony as scooby doo, just more bright, bit less dark and deadly).

I've also played with WWN and Fabula ultima, and have enjoyed it, but those are more solidly in the medieval type fantasy sorta stuff, and less "solving esoteric mysteries" and more "going on adventures."

The ideal setting is something of "group of people deal with magical creatures/magical problems", on a bit more of a monster/mystery of the week sorta scale.

Any recommendations? either new ones, to take a look at a splatbook for an older one, to manipulate one a little bit, or just "you're not using X right, look at it again"
>>
>>92591013
>ya'll
He's so illiterate he can't even get his ebonics right.
>>
>>92591321
What kind of hole do you live in to think y'all is ebonics?
>>
>>92591013
there is no such rpg edna
>>
>>92591013
Use generic systems like Genesys.
>>
>>92591013
>The ideal setting is something of "group of people deal with magical creatures/magical problems", on a bit more of a monster/mystery of the week sorta scale
Hunter: the Vigil run with a lighter tone than standard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.