[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Common Threats Edition

Here is a thread to discuss trading card games other than the big three.
>Build Divide
>Force of Will
>Final Fantasy TCG
>DBZ CCG
>Wixoss
>Keyforge
>Gundam
>Legend of the 5 Rings (L5R)
>Digimon
>Flesh and Blood
>Gate Ruler
>Battle Spirits
>Ashes
>One Piece
>The other DBZ game
>Sorcery
>Doomtown
>Magi Nation
>Warlord
etc.

Post about card games you've played and help other anons get to know your games!

>Wixoss Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/LC8SpttH

>Force of Will Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/aGEBEKeF

>Dragonball GT Shadow Dragon saga rulebook
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pj_0YeUXI5g4XyKwbAXJuZCGt3qWJwyp

>Gate Ruler Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/nbcZP0nB

>Build Divide Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/1cQT2pkz

>Flesh and Blood Pastebin
https://rentry.org/oypcs

>Ashes Reborn Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/2jr0EG9S

>Netrunner Pastebin
https://pastebin.com/g3yQAQ7w

>Fusion World Rules
https://www.dbs-cardgame.com/fw/pdf/rules/fw_OfficialRule_Manual_en_v1.00_2.pdf

Play with /acg/ through voice chat! No text chat so coordinate in thread to get some games in.
https://discord.gg/rCQFKcGcEP

>Last Thread
>>92566455

>Thread Question:
How do you practice? Goldfishing, playing yourself, calling up a friend, finding randos online?
>>
File: baki.png (1.1 MB, 1366x685)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>TQ
Nothing beats shadowboxing for me, i need to understand how it moves before playing with actual opponents
>>
>>92593017
>playing yourself, calling up a friend, finding randos online?
all of those. they serve different purposes.
>>
>TQ
I get all of what I would call "practice" playing TTS with friends from out of state. None of my locals are really up for it, and I don't trust randoms, plus practice isn't the same thing as just grinding games.
>>
>state SWU will get so overprinted it will nuke the singles prices
>responses include FFG will screw it up and that overprinting is good
>remind everyone it's very bad, it means you could kill the game
>to avoid that you have to print enough to just barely not satisfy demand, leaving money on the table every time
>responses: no duh, get a clue moran and uh actually underprinting is bad
When will you learn that over printing is the worst thing you could possibly do to a ccg product? Meta Zoo just happened in recent memory, come on.

I'm warning you all, the first set of SWU will be bloody everywhere. Even the showcases will stagnate in collections while the floor continues drop. Don't think this number only goes up from here that's a fool's hope.
>>
>>92593705
u r dum
>>
>>92593705
The reprint of set one won't arrive until around the release of set three, I dunno what you're even worried about.
>>
>Investorfag is already running damage control
I am laffin
>>
>>92593705
>Meta Zoo just happened in recent memory

Metazoo was not a game that people played, let alone a game with sealed/draft play.
>>
>>92593997
Do you wanna bet? There's a ton of pissed off folks who are still burned from the rug being yanked out from under them so abruptly. Just because it didn't happen in this thread doesn't mean it never happened around the whole entire world.
>>
>>92594164
Yes, lots of pissed off folks. All of them collectors/investors, because nobody played the game. Which fundamentally alters how it gets absorbed by the market.
>>
How the fuck is overprinting the first sets of a game bad?
Like take One Piece for example.
>>
>>92594200
Just because you think there were no players doesn't invalidate hundreds of thousands of fans suddenly.

This pic was taken in 2023. Feeling old yet?
>>
>>92594214
You can look at a couple of case studies in recent memories where underprinting first sets drove up hype and interest in the game and ensured that the game would continue to sell on restock. Lorcana, SWU, and One Piece all did this. To a lesser extent Sorcery did as well.

If you look at it from the perspective of the publisher, underprinting:
-If the game doesn't take off, there's less toxic inventory for stores or distributors holding the bag
-If the game does take off, means there's high demand for chase cards (collectible or playable side), driving interest to your game

Now, if you overprint:
-Stores are less inclined to stock up because they think they can do so at their leisure
-Players will wait to purchase when the hype dies down because they can see a more amenable buy-in price instead of being enticed to FOMO
-As a publisher, you are now down an extra 100k or whatever because you printed a bunch of toxic inventory for a shit game

The obvious response to this is "well just don't release a shit game", but that's not how it works. Games can fail or take off for a variety of reasons, and if you're in this thread you probably acknowledge that the most popular and profitable games aren't necessarily the best ones.

Of course, underprinting means you run the risk of preventing players who would otherwise be interested in playing your game from buying in and participating in your OP system. But if your game was shit, they would be temporary customers at best; and if your game is good, they'll likely be back in some form or another once supply issues die down. Not always going to be the case, but it despite all the supply issues, One Piece and Lorcana are still doing great when it comes to OP size, and SWU looks to follow the same trend.

BSS, for example, misgauged demand and flopped their US release, and stores were *severely* burnt by it (for a variety of reasons). Not the only reason why it failed, but it definitely didn't help.
>>
>>92594367
BSS required stores to commit to ordering multiple sets in advance. That was a large part of its failure.
>>
>>92594376
Yes, it was. But if the game took off and there was actual demand for Set 1 that didn't match supply, stores would have been less burnt by it. Their retarded order up to set 3 to get set 1 policy was the reason why their misgauged demand for the game turned out so catastrophically.
>>
>>92594367
I still think the push for marketing it as a super competitive game was what failed BSS. I'll bet that drove away so many casual players, and the release tournament's structure was absolute cancer.
>>
>>92594514
There's not a singular reason for it, like I said. I'm just talking about why it failed on the retailer side of things.

And yeah I think the push for the competitive scene definitely made it the butt of the joke for competitive players. Locally, I don't know anyone who were driven away by the idea that it would be sweaty gamers only (though admittedly there's some selection bias there), but everyone that's more ingrained in TCGs saw it as Bandai trying to throw money at it and hope it takes off rather than being an authentically good game. Felt a little too desperate there.

the game is also ugly as shit but that's just my personal opinion
>>
>>92594514
I was driven away from BSS when I tried a game with the starter decks and didn't like it, which I think is probably underrated as a factor (because the people who like BSS *really* like it.)
>>
>>92594214
Slightly under printing or over printing is fine while massively under printing is better than over printing if you have a massive IP to salvage the game from instantly dying.
However if your game ever wants a competitive scene or a locals where the whale doesn't auto win every week you need to do another run so everyone isn't just priced out
>>
how does bandai make such shit games every single time?
>>
>>92594367
You do need to account for the fact One Piece, Disney, and Star Wars are all established ips with an ingrained fan base who have enough people willing to just eat shit and pay three times the price or simply wait
>>
I think Battle Spirits is just a game that clicks with some people. The game is basically just a series of resource optimization puzzles where you have to balance spending and distributing resources between your existing monsters.
>>
>>92594792
see >>92594889
Battle Spirits was pretty fun. We have a new store that promised to pick it up and we had about 20 players interested but they fucked it up. I absolutely hat them for it.

Also, one piece doesn't seem that bad. I loath the digimon tcg though
>>
>>92595039
One Piece is fun, though not amazing, and poor balancing drags it down further still. On the other hand, I feel about Fusion World how you feel about Digimon, the only TCG I've ever tried that I disliked so thoroughly.
>>
>>92595059
>I feel about Fusion World how you feel about Digimon, the only TCG I've ever tried that I disliked so thoroughly.
Did you play Masters? I'd be surprised if anyone who didn't play Masters could have a strong emotional reaction to FW. The game is so nothing I'd be surprised if it left an impression on someone not already invested.
>>
>>92595077
No, never played a game of Masters.
>>
>>92595109
What makes you hate FW so much then?
>>
>Here's that cool werewolf card game I was telling you about. Surely it will sell if we dump more boxes onto the market than demand could ever consume

D E A D
O
G
>>
>>92594792
Because they have a model that is always guaranteed to lure the mtg refugees. It is that simple, they always do the same model with a few tweaks and it works.
The popularity of an tcg goes into a bell curve, the high IQ people don't like things that looks too much like the big 3, the low iq and the normal iq range people like things that looks more like the big 3.
It is that simple.
>>
>>92595206
Awoo! ^_^
>>
>>92595206
werewolves are gay anyway
>>
File: Rent Asunder.jpg (55 KB, 388x545)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>92595222
waste of trips, get that shit opinion of yours outta my sight
>>
>>92595119
I've written my thoughts about it up for the thread before so I'm too lazy to get deep into it again, but basically every aspect of how the gameplay was designed felt like it was either working against itself or working to annoy me the player.
>>
>>92595251
Fair, I know I've posted a rant about FW in this thread too many times.
>>
>>92595206
Retard Revisionist.

Rage was a somewhat success game. Even with overprinting (that were stored into storage units most of times) the game did well for the 4 sets after the initial one (Umbra, The Wyrm, War for the Amazon, Legacy of the Tribes) and only "Died" because another company (AKA WOTC) bought the rights for the game and rebooted the game and made some changes on how it played (but kept it somewhat compatible).

No, it was not the overproduced 24 packs booster packs that killed the game. If anyone wanted to make a complete collection they had to buy at least 10 booster boxes to complete one full collection of Limited/Unilimited (1st set). And at least 6-8 for all other sets.

What killed the game was WotC buying the license/game and making absolutely everything to fuck up with the game community (similar to FFG today)

Look for Rage across Las Vegas before talking shit, lmao.
>>
>>92595289
They shot themselves in the foot by over printing the first two sets and criminally underprinting the flow ups.
>>
does FaB have that magic thing where only the last few life points really matter?
>>
>>92595407
life is always a resource, and resources exist to be spent
>>
File: odin 2.png (848 KB, 471x674)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
>>92593017
In Chile we still got Mitos Y leyendas.
>>
File: E052 Chani.jpg (207 KB, 756x1051)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>92595442
Is it good? How does it play?
>>
File: 1700788358346845.jpg (282 KB, 745x1040)
282 KB
282 KB JPG
Love this leader already.
Green Oden was always my favorite in OP1 and OP2 with his restand his guys and Don!! shenanigans but he had the downside of most of his support not having counter but he fixes that completely.
>>
Any of these games have official sims? I know you think that'd be obvious but you have no idea how few people mention or even know duel masters has one.
>>
File: allonzo.png (730 KB, 730x512)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
>>92595206
Who wore it better?
>>
>>92595668
>Virgin vs Chad
>>
>>92595407
Newer players tend to spend life like its free until they both hit 1-2 and block like crazy, but it makes you a lot more reliant on a good draw to break through
If you ever yield health it should be to gain card advantage through a higher pressure turn, which in turn relieves pressure against you next turn (enabling another high pressure turn)
>>
File: pimpslap.jpg (22 KB, 295x420)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>92595375
What killed Rage was WotC's Take over. WotC did it to lots of other ccgs at the same time. Doomtown, LotBS, Dune, etc

Overprinting of the first sets did nothing to ruin the game, if anything it made affordable for people looking for the foil cards to be able to pick a full set.

PIC is a Rage across las vegas combat card...
>>
>>92593705
ah, right, that was metazoo's problem. overprinting.

It definitely did not have anything to do with being the lowest effort dogshit TCG anybody had brought to market in decades. it wasn't the stream of consciousness rules text, or the art and layout that looked like custom magic cards you made in MSpaint when you were 9. it was overprinting that did it.
>>
>>92595796
>pic
How does promoting prostitution protect the environment?
>>
File: image-1024x474.png (708 KB, 1024x474)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>92595796
my understanding is World of Darkness card games didn't have foils until quite recently
>>
File: s-l1200.jpg (250 KB, 900x1200)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>92595905
Rage had the first foils, pic related. The chase cards (1 in each booster box = 1/24 packs) of all sets had an "aluminium" (or gold for some sets) foil treatment
>>92595852
WotC things.
>>
>>92595933
Interesing I didn't know.
Also have you ever actually seen this thing in flesh (paper)? I've talked with some VtES veterans, some remember Rage, but nobody this fae bullshit.
>>
>>92596035
>>92595933
>>92595905
We need to go back.
>>
File: shitty take.jpg (20 KB, 320x296)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>92593705
>>
File: me.png (58 KB, 259x205)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>KeyForge has another crowdfunding campaign
>>
Well, my PanZ experience went from super close games to one-sided sweeps now we've added all the Set 1 cards. Saiyan is just an unstoppable killing machine. It's been fun seeing the huge set-up turns convert to like 20 damage though.

Hasn't helped we've been running the Beta Saiyan mastery which didn't require a hit to gain stages, so that needs to change, though I'm also gonna replace Gohan with Frieza in my Red deck as he seems way better for both damage and MPPV
>>
>>92596304
Glad you're having fun, anon.
>>
>>92594792
It's a feature, not a bug. They release essentially the same game with slight tweaks, get the lowest cost art they can find, and then release and push new sets as fast as possible until it starts to fade, then you sunset the game and release the "new" one that's almost exactly the same with a different anime IP.
>>
>>92596035
I knew this existed but never picked it up until the mememic happened. Rage and VtES were somewhat huge in my area until like 2010 thus I remember seeing one of the standee character cards for Arcadia before, but it wasn't played, was probably someguy showing off the game to others, i didn't gave much thought at the time.
>>92596304
Wish the new Dragon Ball games were as soulful as this
>>
File: Bumblebird.png (477 KB, 477x684)
477 KB
477 KB PNG
>>92596272
>>
>>92596389
Digimon and BSS are unique in how they play while DB and One Piece are similar.
Union Arena is something I refuse to acknowledge
>>
>>92595506
Oden could be a $5 tier 0 deck and I would still never play it.
I fucking hate Oden
>>
>>92596567
>All 4 games have some kind of "character" or "monster" card.
>All 4 games have you attacking your opponent to win
Checkmate Atheists!
>>
File: ogre man.png (1.47 MB, 1000x914)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB PNG
>>92596035
I bought a bunch of packs for it some time ago and played a solo game with them. It was fun, I just haven't gone back to it yet. Art's gorgeous.
>>
>>92596608
>All 4 games have the option to attack face or monsters
>Almost all game have "shield" cards as "life" for players (don't remember if it is the case for BSS)
>All 4 games you can block with some creatures
>All 4 games have almost the same card layout
>All 4 games have creatures with the 1000s power levels
>>
>>92596780
>>All 4 games have almost the same card layout
>>
>>92596780
>Digimon has tokens
>Digimon have sources
>Digimon uses a shared resource for paying costs
>Digimon has an egg deck
>Digimon has an unlimited amount of cards allowed to be on the field
>Life isn't added to hand and can kill attackers

Digimon and One Piece don't fucking play the same at all
>>
File: terriermon.gif (100 KB, 420x423)
100 KB
100 KB GIF
>living peacefully in some rural area in japan
>some gaijin knocks your door
>he wants you to redesign Flesh and Blood ala Duel Masters so it can finally succeed in the only country where TCG's matter
What do you do?
>>
>>92596863
same thing but with cute lolis
>>
I wish One Piece was more interesting but the game is solely carried by the IP. So boring and samey where every card has the same fucking stats.
>>
>>92596863
I make it UFS. Also add lolis like >>92596880 said. Also big booba waifus.
>>
>>92596863
the fat bitch is fucking GONE
>>
>>92596886
>. So boring and samey where every card has the same fucking stats.
Card stats WAY less important than card effects for making the game feel different.
>>
File: 1686786914405806.jpg (3.21 MB, 2926x4096)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
These reprints look so good
>>
>>92596863
Make blitz the main format and redesign the game around it
>>
>>92596919
It’s cool what you can communicate with card stats sometimes, but effects are more important and in a lot of these games have a bigger impact overall. Even when less important the extreme uniformity of statlines in a lot of JP games can feel kinda boring or lazy though, even when intentionally designed around.
>>
>>92597025
We tried that for a few years, now it's time to let CC shine while they polish off pve.
>>
>>92597226
Even when less important the extreme uniformity of statlines in a lot of JP games can feel kinda boring or lazy though, even when intentionally designed around.
While I get what you're saying I still think the message from your original post was wrong, what makes OP uninteresting is that they stick to a pretty small design space, with very safe effects on the cards. I doubt going from 0 to 15k, or swapping to a 500 increment over a 1k increment would increase the enjoyability of the game much. But exploring more of the game's design space probably would.

I also think OP is significantly constrained in how it can have its stats due to the Don and Counter mechanics. Look at Vanguard in various points of its life where cards get 100k when attacking through various means essentially bypassing the guard mechanic.
>>
File: image0-16.png (2.79 MB, 1170x1165)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB PNG
Hiss; Mystic Assassin Attack Reaction, target assassin attack action card gets +1-3, if you've pitched a blue this turn create a slither in your hand
>>
>>92597339
>OP
>Design space
There was like 4 types of cards to start and stages were immediately found to be shit 90% of the time. Evolving leaders might be fun but the insanely regimented DON system means that power will always be the same throughout the game's life, which is constricting.
>>
>>92597339
Oh not that poster and was speaking more generally than specifically in OP’s design space. But I don’t disagree.
>>
>>92597274
Aren't the current cards designed around CC though, hence why you get two turn kills in Blitz?
>>
>>92597553
>There was like 4 types of cards to start and stages were immediately found to be shit 90% of the time
I want to take you seriously, but I'm going to need you to explain what is it specifically about OP's mechanics that make an ""enchantment" style card inherently not usable.

>>92597566
Fair enough. I will say I didn't have any issue with the constrained power spectrum in DBS Masters, but absolutely felt it in Fusion World. Hence why I felt so strongly about card effects being the much more important aspect of card design for making a game feel unique and interesting.
>>
>>92597634
>I want to take you seriously, but I'm going to need you to explain what is it specifically about OP's mechanics that make an ""enchantment" style card inherently not usable.
Do you not play the game? You can only have one stage out at a time, it has no counter, multiples are useless unless you discard them, it gives you no board presence. Only the ridiculously powerful ones (Onigashima, Moby Dick) got any use at all and they were in decks that could somewhat regularly discard their spares.

The newer ones cantrip on play so at least they're starting to learn but the fact that you want every card in your hand to help out of defense if possible is the main problem.
>>
>>92597668
>The newer ones cantrip on play so at least they're starting to learn but the fact that you want every card in your hand to help out of defense if possible is the main problem.
So it's not that the card type didn't work, but the designers didn't know how to design them for the first set?
>>
>>92597682
What does your statement even mean aside from smart boy semantics? The card type didn't work because the designers didn't know how to design them, yes.
>>
>>92597746
You used one of the card types not performing well being an indication of limited design space in the game. However you later admitted that the issue wasn't a limit of design space, but the fact that the develpers didn't properly understand how to utilize that part of the design space when they released the game.
>>
>>92597784
>when they released the game.
??? Stages still aren't good. Their "expansion of design space" past characters and events was shit because something that doesn't have counter needs to be damn good. It IS a limit of design space that stages suck.

>These cards suck because they were badly designed, not because of the design space in which they were designed being restrictive and badly thought out. There is a huge difference here and I am very smart.
>>
>>92597816
You have a Yugioh player level of understanding game design if you think that the cards that currently exist are the only ones that could possibly exist. Also, why the fuck do you think that stages are an expansion of design space? You put that in quotes like its something I said.
>>
>>92597874
>if you think that the cards that currently exist are the only ones that could possibly exist
Wow, if *hypothetical* card existed that fixed everything was currently in the game I sure would have egg on my face then!
>>
>>92597893
It certainly would be embarassing for you if playable stages exist.
>>
>>92597610
But... but that would mean balancing a game around smart blocking! you must bid your life points to get to use your cards!
>>
>>92597930
Are you implying block cards should be single use to only block, or that relative pitch values should be higher to allow more defensive block discard? Or what?
>>
>>92596780
You just explained basic mechanics that are in almost every TCG since MTG
>>
>>92597339
There's already an 800k guy in One Piece
>>
>>92597668
The top deck in the OP07 format plays a stage card
>>
>>92598011
Ignore the boltfag. He doesn't understand the game at its core and is confused by multi use cards.
>>
>>92593212
What client?
>>
>>92595506
What's up with One Piece's
>according to the rules
thing? Isn't that unnecessary?
>>
>>92596813
>>92598390
>>92597634
A bit defensive, aren't we?
>>92597511
Slut ASSassIn looks gorgeous.
>>
>>92598947
It sounds less awkward in the original japanese, for whatever that's worth.
>>
Zou
Green Stage / OP08-039 R
3 Cost
Animals

[Activate Main] You may rest this stage: If your leader has the {Minks} type, set up to one of your Don!! as active.

[End of your turn] Set up to one of your {Minks} type characters as active.
>>
File: 486445.png (267 KB, 313x437)
267 KB
267 KB PNG
>>92599127
A bit of a shame it doesnt have the Minks typing so it cant be searched. But getting an extra don every turn is really nice. Even late game it will allow you to keep don up for counter effects.

>>92598401
Right. How does the timing work for "threat of activation"? Can you wait until the opponent has announced blocks or tried to counter out of the unboosted attack?
>>
File: New_Maria.png (431 KB, 269x597)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
>>92599156
I meant to say, new Black Maria might just make this type of shit slightly viable.

Black Maria
Purple Character / OP08-074 SR
3 Cost / 2000 Power (Special)
Animal Kingdom Pirates
[Counter +2000]

[Activate: Main] [Once Per Turn] If you have no other [Black Maria], add up to 5 DON!! cards from your DON!! deck rested. Then at the end of your turn, return DON!! cards from your field to the DON!! deck until the number of DON!! cards on your field is equal to the number on your opponent's field.
>>
>>92599174
>Then at the end of your turn, return DON!! cards from your field to the DON!! deck until the number of DON!! cards on your field is equal to the number on your opponent's field.

>use Byrnndi, return 8 don
>use Maria, place 5 don
>end of round, return don to the deck until my don equals my opponent's
>my opponent is on 8 don
>5 != 8, have to return all five don
>end the turn on 0 don
>>
I'll be honest I didnt see that, the straight reading of the effect would do that, but it can still work if you are at 10 don and have Onigashima or some other +don effect available.
>>
>>92599246
>have to return all five don
Except you don't.
>>
>>92599156
Activate main is before an attack so you opponent knows full well a 800k swing is coming and still activate blockers
>>
>>92599246
I've watched a video of nips play testing this with ST-04 Kaido leader and he got off the leader ability 5-6 times in a game, the only reason it wasn't an auto win was because the other guy was playing Enel
>>
>>92599156
I've never understood why Bandai prints such small sets (like 100 cards) but even then still dilutes the set further with cards that are just straight not intended to be good.
>>
>>92599437
I'm always up for cards that are 100% flavor. You can always use up a few "slots" for some joke cards. Worrying about them not "being good" is mute when at least half the cards released probably wont be anyway.
>>
>>92599431
The funny thing is that it has 2k counter. As if the ability wasn't enough. It doesn't even need to tap itself.
>>
>>92597511
This set is practically shattering the "only one good hero art between young/ old" curse. You love to see it.
>>
>>92599450
I would get it if sets were bigger, or if there were more modes of play (draft, multiplayer, etc) for cards to find a home, or if the cards were "bad" but still close enough to playable that you could have a fun time by challenging yourself to make them work.
>>
>>92597610
There's more young heroes than there are old in the game, treated the format as the test bed for many unique classes that are yet in CC. The two tap 20 life points gone setups are not exactly intended but given certain card combinations are entirely possible. The truth is James White didn't like CC being the focus over the past few years, but has recently changed his tune when he saw how much people were straight up avoiding the format. His opinion was that blitz is a better version because even if you get BTFO you can shuffle up a rematch or two in the time it takes a non tournament cc match to resolve (untimed just past an hour). If players are playing more then they're experimenting more, was his line of thinking. He doesn't like the fact there are dedicated class specialists out there, he rather you play a wide range of things with smaller card counts and always try the new latest toys, but that has shifted with the intensive focus on mastering a given class and being on the board at competitions. How do you think it took him almost 5 years to make new CC deck products? That's the reason why.
>>
>>92599979
>His opinion was that blitz is a better version because even if you get BTFO you can shuffle up a rematch or two in the time it takes a non tournament cc match to resolve (untimed just past an hour)
If he likes Blitz so much why doesn't he properly balance it and take care of it?
It's obvious the entire game was based only on CC from the first set to this day.
>>
>>92599979
Over the years I've listened to all the same interviews you drew from in your post and the arguments about CC vs. Blitz were specifically in the context of new players learning the game.

It's like everything you say about FaB is deliberately warped to be true-but-not-quite. Are you retarded or is this performance art?
>>
I want to build Kuro deck THOUGH
>>
File: 185.jpg (67 KB, 397x541)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
Today's set two reveal.
>>
>>92596434
>Wish the new Dragon Ball games were as soulful as this
>>Fucking Screenshot
>>Soulful
>>
>>92601355
Terrible bait.
>>
>>92601251
wowie zowie is that my funko pop soi game???
>>
File: $_1.png (335 KB, 400x340)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>92601517
no
>>
>>92601355
>Each player avatar has lvls of power ups (extra cards) and in each card the character has its power level written down.
>Game plays as a combat ccg with players exchanging attacks and blocking, using secret attacks and collecting all 7 Dragon Balls is a victory condition

VS

>A clone of Duel Masters but you play with a "leader" card that transforms

It is obvious which one Dragon Ball card game is more soulful
>>
>>92600554
They came up with Blitz during the pandemic as a way to get players to start playing with smaller decks and less stakes due to low product availability and supply chain messes. This was also a response to direct feedback of the first hero decks being god awful new player experiences, not necessarily because they were bad (and they were), but primarily from the complaint that the first few games took ages even if players were playing tuned decks.

They've since moved away from Blitz as something for ingrained communities, and have generally used it as an onboarding vehicle, especially for smaller or up-and-coming regions like in Japan, Brazil, SK, Phillipines, etc. Feedback I've heard from players in those regions generally is along the lines of, most players are fine with it but the more competitive crowd wants to do CC more since that's what all of the big events are in.
>>
>>92601251
>when you capture, recieve up to 12 resources
This card is unplayable without le tricky subversions yet to be revealed (maybe) this set.
>>
>>92602232
nobody cares
>>
>>92601251
>The opponent collects *his* bounty
I thought we were past this male centric wording...
>>
>fabschizo switched to SWUschizoing
lmoa
>>
>>92602270
nah

star wars WISHES it got the kind of dedicated hate fab has, but it only gets faggots who love the game, nobody hates swu
>>
>>92602270
Who are you referencing? No one is schizoing out from what I can see.
>>
>>92602252
His as in the character's.
>>
>>92601251
This art is just fucking awful.
>>
>>92602815
He got marching orders to draw cards for Lorcana by mistake
>>
April 30th it goes live!
>>
We re fucking back
>>
>>92602232
Maybe, it's hard to say without the full set revealed, but in aggro your 2 drops usually die against control before doing anything. The shield stops that, and by the time the opponent gets a double turn (spending 4 for takedown, or using an ability to strip the shield then attacking the next turn) you've already swung for 3 damage on base, maybe even 6? At which point the opponent just uses their big untap to kill a second unit, which they would've done anyways normally but now also puts them behind on actions. That kinda thing can snowball.

There's not a yellow villain deck fast enough for that yet, maybe in set 2 there will be, but it'd be playable now in Sabine if the colors were different.
>>
File: image-11.png (746 KB, 508x711)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
>>92601251
Oh, we got two today.
>>
>>92602974
Huh, this is card #28. In the first set, the first unit was #31. Either the set ordering is different, or there's fewer leaders or bases this time.

Anyways, 1 drop sentinel is new, even if its stats are bad and doesn't currently have any tribal synergies.
>>
>>92602974
nice to see the art not suck for once.
it does draw the eye back to how bad the frames are though. one thing you can say for the really shit art, it does hold the attention.
>>
>>92603321
I like the frames a lot more than the art desu, although in cases like this they do sometimes clash pretty bad. But I guess that's why they printed borderless chases for every card.
>>
>>92602974
Riveting card design. Wow. I'm agog.
>>
>>92602828
Nah, Lorcana art is a bit soulless and flat, but it at least is clearly identifiable as what it claims to be.

This is like someone prompted AI with "Picasso, guy in the Cantina" and then called it done at first response.
>>
File: 674_1_details.jpg (36 KB, 395x545)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>92602847
>>92602861
Hell yeah, I m ready to take Deverenia's Standard up to the battlefield again.
>>
How do we get Duel Masters back?
>>
>>92604177
get people to stop buying magic
>>
>>92604187
Already happening. What next?
>>
>>92604201
>Already happening
only in your head, unfortunately

organized play is at pre-pandemic levels and sales are vastly higher
>>
>>92604230
Lorcana is the deathblow for MtG. Duel Masters will come back to the West by next year. I'm an insider.
>>
Warlord CCG coming back is a classic example of a monkey's paw. Wow.
>>
>>92604234
This is some mickey mouseclub cope.
>>
>>92604621
Whatever you say. I'm an insider and I don't care to change your mind. I already know I'm right.
>>
>>92599174
This card is beyond retarded
>>
>>92599246
Are you illiterate?
5 is less than 8 so you keep your don retard. If you had 9 or 10 don you would have to return 1 or 2 respectfully
>>
>>92604614
Really?
The dedicated Warlord player who hasn't shut up about the game for years sounds happy
>>
File: High+Priest+Nassiral.jpg (1.59 MB, 1448x2048)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
>>92604614
Why? The guys doing the relaunch are well known in the community since the game first died with AEG (and later with Phoenix Interactive).
Is it because of the new border? Well AEG and Phoenix Interactive didn't have the original archives for the old borders anymore, that is why the 20th anniversary pack that AEG did in 2021 had a new border and card layout. (PIC related).
Is it because of the new card layout? It is basically the same shit but they are cleaning text from cards by making classes in the center right (for multiclass character).
Is it because of some new keywords and text abreviation? Well it is mostly functional (but I and most of the community hates "Journey", thus I will not defend that).

The only diference are how the cards will look and minor rules tweaks (some are bad but the majority are good)(Aside from like 5 cards nothing changes with the new rules)(and new rules were common between editions). Anyway nice bait. If you want something bad about the new edition it is bassically that: "Journey" keyword and maybe how the card visual design. Everything else is bassicaly the same.
>>
>>92604863
>Why?
Because you're responding to a shitposter who doomposts about everything anyone shows interest in.
>>
File: new vs old.png (922 KB, 654x633)
922 KB
922 KB PNG
>>92604614
>>92604863
For comparison of what I m saying
>>
>>92604863
>The only diference are how the cards will look and minor rules tweaks (some are bad but the majority are good)
What rule changes are there with the new edition and which ones do you like/dislike?

The only one I'm aware of is the Charisma change.
>>
File: Based Yedraw.jpg (504 KB, 770x545)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>>92604898
Faction and some other things that used to be traits are not anymore so PIC for exemple doesn't work anymore. Yedraw ability would only work now to remove planar and things that are in the typeline basically. There is the charisma change as well and the two new feats. There are other small changes but honestly I don't remember. Most of them are good imo
>>
There isn't really any EN resources for Monster Collection, is there?
>>
Tomorrow, Team Covenant will release a video about the Warlord ccg return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbzXcTyEE08

Well, things sure look good for the warlord enjoyers.
>>
>>92605768
great...
>>
>>92605768
>Team Covenant will release a video

Ah, so it's a doomed game, good to know.
>>
>>92605929
it's a shitstarter game. pay it no mind
>>
File: KDM.jpg (118 KB, 800x394)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>92606100
>if it's on kickstarter than means it's automatically shit
Your opinion belongs in the trash.
>>
>>92606175
name 1 good shitstarter TCG or shut the fuck up
>>
>>92605381
Not really, sadly.
>>
>>92606183
you said kickstarter game, I already posted the greatest success story, for both creator and backers
>>
>>92606183
MetaZoo.
I'll take that apology now.
>>
File: DY688PEX4AUzpQI.jpg (190 KB, 1200x940)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>92606933
based K;DM enjoyer
>>
File: 1703427511068784.jpg (3 MB, 2925x4096)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
SCR Vegito alt art
>>
>>92607227
His entire face is a mouth.
>>
>>92607239
lmao now that you mention it that looks fucking horrid
>>
>>92603321
The SWU art style is really at its best when it's doing wacky droids and aliens. I don't hate it on the regular humans either though and I'm yet to be convinced that the "criticisms" amount to anything more than "I can't jerk off to this" or "it isn't anime".
>>
>>92593212
Sauce? I wish play online wixoss like old times.
>>
>>92606933

I can't think of a more succinct way to indicate your opinions, sense of taste, and concept of game design are less than worthless.
>>
File: 1684182620904052.jpg (127 KB, 564x499)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>92607227
how in the world did this make it past QA
>>
>>92606997
>>92606933
The rare time an ideas guy delivered, and about four times as much as he promised on for no extra price from backers. Masterfully done, Poots.
>>
Based KDM enjoyers itt
>>
>>92607227
>>92607338
this is the art that FW retards say is so much better than anime screenshots? kek
>>
>>92606933
>can't name even 1
yup yup. i win
>>
File: BLACK NITE.png (1.55 MB, 1046x1079)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB PNG
>>92607505
I'm enjoying the latest expansion. It has a short and sweet solo campaign that is focused on the four squires of the Black Keep, trying to maintain an ancient crumbling facade as their master, the Black Knight, is driven insane and is prone to bouts of tearing up the family heirlooms. The diligent staff glues everything back together with elastomer monster glue as a measure taken to preserving the honorable heritage statues. When he eventually breaks that stuff in his anger, it shatters momentarily only to be reassembled as the substance pulls back all the original parts into place.

You would normally play this content in your grand over arching campaign somewhere, mostly as the thieves in the knight trying to rob this hoard of trinkets and priceless items. That is to say, you try to do so, but the guard dog doesn't like people invading his turf, and he will ragdoll you off of his rubber toys all knight long, potentially hurling you of of the very steep cliff this
fort was built on.

Alternatively you can assume the role of the stewards of this keep and solve the mystery of why the honorable knight has lost his cool. Really lovely stuff. This coming off the smashing success of the gambler's chest is really a treat.
>>
>>92607718
nobody cares
>>
>>92607719
No one likes your negativity, man. You know this board use to be knowing for being the only board you ever needed. The vibe of old was all about cross pollination of all ideas and mediums. Chill out and you might learn something new.
>>
>>92607738
wow you make a good point i will totally go back and read your drivel right now
>>
>>92607227
>If you have 7 or less cards in hand
Did they forget having a fat hand means your winning?

Fucking hell
Red Aggro
Blue Control
Green Buffing anything including mana
Yellow Control
Black Insert anything here
>>
>>92593017
Does one piece still have price/supply and meta problems? Is the game worth trying? What's a good choice for an easy to pilot competitive budget deck?
>>
>>92607745
Oh, you're getting cards in hand? Sorry, looks like your deck turns off!
>>
>>92607288
It looks like LCD trash bbqh
>>
>>92607761
It's not hard to spend cards in this game.
>>
1. Pokemon
2. Fresh and Blood
3.Magic the gathering
4.One Piece
5.Yugioh
>>
Fuck I said Fresh and Blood
LMAO
>>
>>92608123
Typos happen. I like the sound of fresh and blood though.
>>
>>92608105
1. MetaZoo
>>
>>92602847
They can't even fulfill the KS launch date, they edited the press release now it says May 7th. Fuckers.
>>
>>92608221
1. Wyvern
2. Hyborian Gates
3. Inuyasha Trading Card Game
4. RIFTS Collectible Card Game
5. Star Wars Unlimited
>>
>>92607745
I like the potential, in that you could get strong effects in exchange for such a disadvantage, but I'm not sure it's balanced that way.
Galick Gun and Gotenks especially seem like worthy trades
>>
>>92607673
Specifically anime screenshots where 50% of the set is a 4 year old child being fucking obliterated by grown men
>>
File: 1714014225289678.png (413 KB, 350x510)
413 KB
413 KB PNG
gato
>>
>>92607288
They hired painters, and told them to do a linework-heavy style, which they're not as good at. When they let them actually paint, it looks good.
>>
>>92594807
This anon gets it and its exactly why underprinting is irrelevent when the IP is long established like imagine being okay with buying a box for $500 (msrp $120). Underprinting just gives scalpers free reign.
>>
File: FEUzurAV2E9DhJ6o.webm (1.99 MB, 480x852)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB WEBM
>>
>>92609316
>pull the Shinobu one
>have to explain to my gf that she's not actually a little girl she's a several centuries old vampire
>>
>>92609316
>Monogatari
Blast from the past. Doesn't feel like the series is relevant at all these day. What game is that?
>>
>>92609336
build divide bright.
New season of anime is coming out soon
>>
>>92609336
>Doesn't feel like the series is relevant at all these day.
They announced a new series after like 5 years which is why they're cross promoting it with the set
>>
>>92599437
Yeah, to me player expression feels limited
>>
>>92607337
What about "I like Yugioh"?
>>
>>92608352
Hot!
>>92608379
Kitty!
>>
File: Junturna.png (516 KB, 460x632)
516 KB
516 KB PNG
>>92609324
She understands cards though right?
>>
>Every shit under the sun doing crossover these days
>No one is doing touhou crossovers
It's like they don't want me playing their game
>>
>>92607288
>I'm yet to be convinced that the "criticisms"
if you need to be "convinced of the criticisms" after seeing SWU art with your own eyes, I'm not sure what to tell you. but there are people that go to bat for the metazoo pants monster art too, so nothing really surprises me anymore.
>>
>>92609852
But Rebirth had a touhou set
>>
>>92610028
But I can't play 日本語のカードs, I am a lowly 英語話者.
>>
>>92607673
All the artwork is made to look like anime screenshots at near 1:1 so it's the worst of both worlds
>>
>yugioh players move to one piece
>magic players move to lorcana
>fab players move to star wars

why?
>>
>>92609852
>>92610077
Chaos did one too. Lycee like over a decade ago. And multiple doujin games.
Not to mention fan groups often translate them for things like lackey so it’s all there for you. Buy/print some cards, make some English inserts or translation sheets. You don’t gotta learn shit in another language if you do it right.

Hell, by the cards, make your own text and shove them into sleeves. Make the game you want to play.
>>
>>92610359
Swu is no substitute for fab. If they are moving over it won't be for very long. I myself gave it a try until I realized the unwashed assholes I was playing with that moved over to swu from magic were sinking up every store in my area with their charming personalities. Now>>92610028
I'm all in on making the best of this proquest season for fab.
>>
>>92610359
>>yugioh players move to one piece
People that only want to play games based on popular anime
>>magic players move to lorcana
People that only want to play mass media pop culture slop
>>fab players move to star wars
People that only want to play good games
>>
>>92596863
do a Japanese language print run
done
>>
>>92610359
The only magic players left are fully buck broken and will continue to eat that slop
>>
>>92609404
Nah, there are still things you can argue for in its favor. For better or worse, there are things about that game that no other game has emulated since. This includes the good and the very bad.
>>
>>92595494
It's mtg with life decking and only one color. At least back when I played it.
>>
>>92596863
kill myself
>>
File: 1702724950941417.png (399 KB, 744x1039)
399 KB
399 KB PNG
What's the best MtG knockoff?
>>
>>92613089
Did the redesign ancient Alice Cluster cards? The J-Ruler for Fairy Alice doesnt look like that
>>
>Bandai releasing toploaders for One Piece that play music

I don't even know what to say
>>
Based spirits sagabros, do i miss out on much if i skip the sets that came out before every color was released?
>>
File: Ulith.jpg (876 KB, 750x1014)
876 KB
876 KB JPG
It's been a while but since dissona diva's out are there any modifications or upgrades I can make to the Ulith deck I've been building? It's been a while since I was dealing with a lot of stuff IRL like reinstalling my OS since my computer had an issue. Should I integrate some dissona? This was made a month before it came out.
https://dexoss.app/deck/6605cabb9d5075340af58570
>>
>>92613477
That at least kind of makes sense for a game where you have a static leader card
>>
>>92613509
Set 1 had Absolute Ice Wall, which is pretty necessary, but you can just buy singles of the cards from sets 1 & 2 that are relevant.
>>
File: 488540.jpg (116 KB, 546x762)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>finally tuned my deck up for proquest
>dunks on prism, teklo and assassins or ninjas
>guardians are dialed in to 50 / 50 same with brute

This is the most pretesting I've done before, but it's coming off the back of a long hiatus. Best part is I built it all myself with no predecking necessary. I hope this preparation pays off; now all I need to do is sleeve up and wait for the weekend.
>>
>>92614132
who asked?
>>
>>92614166
This is a thread for card games. You might have wandered into the wrong neighbourhood.
>>
>>92614179
do something about it, FABGOT
>>
>>92614132
What are you playing? My local proquest is this weekend as well and I haven't practiced at all. Just been going to locals like usual.
Then again, I'm playing hatched kassai which is really simple to play anyway and I know how every deck except katsu works.
>>
>>92614202
>RTH
every time
>>
>>92614132
Hope you have fun. I barely take that much time to practice or tune.
>>
>>92613089
as in a clone? I was playing the superhero one, Alpha Clash, quite a bit at the end of last year. one of those ones where they stuck very close to the formula, picked out a few of the better variant rules, and just drilled down on the balance. it's good. if you like the real tactical battlefield centric trading-and-removal kind of magic with little to no one turn combo bullshit, you'll probably dig it.
>>
>>92613678
Not too much in the way of direct support. Only demon is Bang I think, and even without her +3k buff (from running a lot of dissona) she’s great removal. Downside is the need for green ener, and she’s probably the costliest SR.

That said, picrel is a disgusting mill option. Maid replacement maybe (more aggressive mill, less removal) and a Phalaris aid you can put down one the same turn to threaten 16 cards.

Also, color restrictions for deckbuilding are gone. You could add the red-white or blue-black demons without having both color LRIG, or just include any ol’ demon. Which also means you can use almost any piece. The use conditions are still checked so you couldn’t use Super Helesta Saber without a black and white LRIG and you can’t ignore Dream Team requirements, but blue pieces like Peeping Future or Ultra Super Heroines don’t require a blue LRIG to be used. In Peeping’s case you’d just need blue ener, and in USH you can get all 3 effects if you have a black, white, and red LRIG on your team.
>>
File: 1701837091288978.jpg (297 KB, 900x800)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>92614202
I'm the ranger player that checks in with the general from time to time.The common garden variety Ace in the Hole people are running these days is extremely weak to Prism and potentially Teklo, two highly slippery heroes that grind things down to a crawl until their boardstate trumps your output. Got tired of losing to them both so I spent this week making the deck to take them both down and capitalize on the rest of the meta climate. Inertia and high pressure by limiting what cards they can play; that's the key to victory.

>>92614441
Haven't done a serious event in awhile, so this will be both fun and daunting at the same time. My hope is I don't get abysmal draw luck and can actually play my deck to satisfaction. Thanks for your kindness.
>>
I've never played Grand Archive but I like the idea of customizing your champion's element, and flavorful stuff like gathering herb tokens is extremely comfy.
I usually only see GA dismissed here, and I can certainly see ways the game is offputting, particularly the art, but it seems to have good ideas in the mix to at least inspire new games.
What do you guys think are its biggest design pros and cons?
>>
>>92615464
Haven’t played but I like the concept of a customized or maybe even adaptive avatar too. Thought something like Wixoss but instead of leveling up from Green Girl 1 to Green Girl 2 you attach -of the Trees or -is on Fire to progress your game and alter what cards you could play.

Some version of this might make these types of games better sealed experiences too.
>>
>>92615464
GA is a game that is more interesting than good. It has a lot of good ideas, but fumbles a LOT in the execution. The fact that the devs bandaided the resource mechanic instead of just going to draw 2 and wrote Reckless Conversion at all shows they're not exactly competent.
>>
>>92615464
>I can certainly see ways the game is offputting, particularly the art
What? But the art is cute as hell.
>>
>>92615464
Game felt bad to play at launch and somehow in set 1 they managed to make 1 element completely useless and made basically only 2 heros worth it.
Card draw also felt like shit

If you go all the way back you will actually see people disliking the game being dog pilled on during release
>>
>>92615603
>Some version of this might make these types of games better sealed experiences too.
I'm thinking that as well. It opens a lot of customization between avatar and deck. I've drafted once for FaB and adored that style of play, but aside from Generic cards, you're locked in to a class immediately, whereas GA's style seems flexible. I like class/clan systems but I also want more freedom for sealed play so I'm trying to decide how best to blend the two.

From a draft and overall color distribution design perspective, GA seems very accessible having only 3 main elements, as I understand it. I've looked at games like Vanguard which used to have tons of clans and they couldn't support it effectively, players skipping boxes without their chosen clan, and many sets having a handful of a given clan shoved in, not enough to build a deck without additional sets, at least not reasonably within a sealed environment. Only the current D format has tackled this problem by consolidating clans into their 5 nations, but I'm not sure it's truly designed for sealed on the card level as I think there's still some cards dependent on previous support.

3 core elements + advanced elements is a smart way of doing it, particularly if commons are primarily composed of the core 3. Something I've struggled with designing my own game is trying to support 6 colors, especially now that I'm wanting to embrace sealed. SWU is another interesting case with the way it uses the hero and villain affinity with the other 4 colors

>>92615667
How did they bandaid it?

>>92615676
I like some of the art myself but it's generic in a way comparable to ai slop, whereas something more refined might appeal beyond anime fans

>>92615728
I've seen card draw brought up a bit in past. What exactly is up with it? Is 1 per turn not enough? Why?
>>
>>92616141
>Is 1 per turn not enough?

I haven't played GA, but no, 1 per turn is generally not enough. In most games you typically are playing >1 card per turn, so your hand dwindles and/or the winner is just whoever is better at topdecking. Obviously some games just draw more than one (SWU draws 2, FAB replaces your whole hand); but the games that have 1 draw per turn in the rules are usually augmenting the normal card draw via lots of card effects featuring things like not only extra draws, but potentially also tutors, scry, recursion, or the like).

I have heard, but can't confirm, that GA did not follow this pattern and suffered for it.
>>
>>92616141
You use cards as mana and remove a greater amount each time you want to upgrade.
Floating memory was there idea of a bandaid

I immediately gave up on the game at launch and considering all the people who praised it don't even post anymore you won't get a good answer how the game is now. At launch the meta was fucking garbage with Lorraine being the best and fucking water and tamer being so bad they shouldn't even released in set 1
>>
>>92616468
get pumped and dumped, idiot
lumao
>>
File: pillars.png (2.24 MB, 1920x1080)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB PNG
The current Unlimited meta, based on the Florida 5k. Each column is generally favored against the two to its left, although we seem to be entering a control-favored meta overall.
>>
File: 494563.jpg (128 KB, 500x699)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>
>>92616141
>How did they bandaid it
Floating Memory.

> Is 1 per turn not enough?
Draw 1 per turn is an outdated mechanic. All games should have either:
A) Draw 2 per turn
B) Draw 1 per turn + a supplementary draw mechanic (e.g. DBS' Draw on leader attack or Digimon's draw on digivolve)
C) Draw up to hand size
D) Some wierd fourth option e.g. ANR or Pixel Tactics where draw is an action.

>Why?
With draw 1 card per turn you are doing one of the following:
A) Do nothing and gaining resources
B) Play a card and stay neutral
C) play multiple cards and lose resources.
This creates really limiting play patterns, especially if you want to go Lv3 on your champion, which costs 6 out of the 7 cards you start the game with. This makes the game CRIPPLINGLY dependant on supplemental card draw or mechanics to cheat out cards from your Material deck.

The solution is draw 2 per turn and balance the Material deck around costing 1 card as a baseline rather than 0 as a baseline.
>>
>>92616141
>Something I've struggled with designing my own game is trying to support 6 colors, especially now that I'm wanting to embrace sealed
More colors are easier to support in limited if your game is multicolor friendly. GA limiting it to 3 works when you're hard locked into playing only one element. But if you can easily run a 2 color deck, then it's easier to juggle the multiple colors because players will be able to use a larger portion of the card pool.
>>
>>92616468
>I immediately gave up on the game at launch and considering all the people who praised it don't even post anymore you won't get a good answer how the game is now.
I still post, I just don't post about GA anymore. As I said earlier the game is more interesting than good, and playing against constructed grade decks sucked a lot of the fun out of it.
>>
>>92616922
>playing against constructed grade decks sucked a lot of the fun out of it.
Any precon vs precon fun?
>>
>>92616942
Yes, if you're fine with dead turns. Though even then there's a learning curve and pitfalls of the game to contend with. Everyone's first instinct is to level up to 2/3 as soon as they can, which is terrible because it depletes your hand.

Set 3 pre-cons are better than set 1 pre-cons, and if you stick to lower power decks and avoid the degeracy that is competitive decks you CAN squeeze fun out of the game, but if someone was asking about games to get into, it still wouldn't make my list of games to recommend.
>>
>>92617085
Game died at my locals because from what I was told everyone hated playing meta but refused to just play low power decks
TCG players are retarded
>>
>>92617118
I'm guessing this was in set 1 when Lorraine was Tier 0 and Rai was absolute cancer to play against.
>>
>>92617118
As somebody who used to play miniatures games, I get it. It's impossible to police "power level", there's no standard or criteria that can be followed even if players engage with it in good faith. Just an undefinable, invisible set of extremely fragile informal rules. The reason playing a game's meta is the norm is because playing the meta is "fair" and knowable.

Also, some people really enjoy being part of a wider community/ecosystem, which isn't possible the minute you erect a wall around your local group's informal game environment.
>>
File: GMB0KDya0AANkUN.jpg (671 KB, 1000x667)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
Set 14 spoilers starting soon
>>
File: 1713651554937128.png (187 KB, 610x865)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>92617186
Fingers crossed for more shotalolicat.
>>
File: 1693721295291159.jpg (290 KB, 857x1200)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
God rare.
Hopefully they'll dump the rest of the set now.
>>
File: 1690338517624342.png (26 KB, 885x132)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
warlord bros....
>>
>>92617829
He probably entered a tournament in his house with his kids and wife, no way in chance you are winning any competitive tournament with *JUST* the starter and good rolls.
>>
>>92617186
Most overrated game on acg.
Not looking forward to you spamming this thread again
>>
>>92617186
The grand old tradition of having an anime girl or mascot pet next to a realistic dragon. Love it.
>>
I have to apologize to the Wixossers. I finally played a game with two starter decks and I had a lot of fun.
>>
>>92618222
I didn't know FaB changed their card frame
>>
>>92618713
Fab has the best card frame possible. James White did extensive research and development into how much information could reasonably be crammed into one card. His solution was a four corners focus, conditioning players to always treat upper left as pitch value, clockwise from there cost, defense and physical attack. This helps to convey at a glance what the appropriate values are for quick decision making and to prevent ambiguity. I often wonder what the *too much info* threshold is. Maybe have symbols or keywords around the edges as well as modal text blocks in the center?
>>
>>92617325
Isnt that loli an angel? Margeria stop this new generation of human fucking sluts
>>
>>92614458
What triggers me is that a being called Death looks harmless not even an edgy goth girl a blonde babe you would see anywhere, and this thing is an alien in Alpha Clashs lore
>>
>>92618883
I mean most aliens in comics look just like humans and it is inspired by comics
>>
File: IMG-20240426-WA0021.jpg (100 KB, 565x384)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Pudding sexo
>>
>>92619105
stupid sexy marco
>>
>>92619105
stupid sexy Chop-

I mean Puddling.
>>
>>92619105
Is that Kalgara?
Is One Piece finally going to be based and let be build a Mont Blanc Noland deck?
>>
>>92618863
>Isnt that loli an angel?
I don't know. I'd be delighted to hear their story.
>>
>>92618883
transparent comic book expies in a comic book inspired game "trigger" you?
that's like playing a dragonball game and complaining the hairstyles would be very impractical to keep up with IRL.
>>
>>92617829
Depends on the starter deck. The ones from the set Dominance for exemple were stacked, also 1st edition was so low power that it would be possible. (Other than that black knives had great starters that could easily win against low competitive decks)
This not considering that he could have played a starter deck tournament, pretty common back in the day.
>>
>>92616371
>I have heard, but can't confirm, that GA did not follow this pattern and suffered for it.

I'm not an experienced player by any means but I have tried it and I can confirm the game is clunky as hell. Single handedly made me not bother giving it more than a couple of games to hook me.
The matter is made worse by the 'resource system' where you put your hand face down to play cards and those cards get randomly magicked away to play other cards.
So you go into top deck mode almost instantly and constantly have not enough cards in hand to formulate a plan.
>>
File: op08-109-730x1024[1].jpg (119 KB, 730x1024)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>92619167
Noland is an SR in the set, there should also be a Kalgara SR that's yet to be shown

[On Play] If your leader has the <Shandoran Warrior> type and you have a "Kalgara" character in play, add up to 1 card from the top of your deck to the top of your life.
>>
>>92618925
No theres a grey bulky humanoid and one that wears cybernetic armor or some shut from Set 1. The point is Death looks silly based on her name.
>>
File: IMG-20240426-WA0026.jpg (175 KB, 788x1170)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>92619105
Plap, plap, plap
>>92620277
Bro, that's a R
>>
>>92595206
this is an excellent game, and i have loads of cards (sadly not many shiny ones)
>>
>>92595289
the game was losing steam after The Wyrm anyway, it is great still with the small card pool
I played Wyrm control anyway
>>
>>92595668
Jeff Miracola is the better artist
>>
>>92595905
Rage had the first foiling treatments in the industry, Past Lives like >>92595933
were chase cards through and through

>>92596035
I still have Arcadia cards
>>
>>92596694
Playing without much card access is great, everyone had to have completely different decks and builds
>>
>>92617829
game is DOA kek
>>
>>92599174
Black MOMMY
thats a decent ability for purple
>>
File: op08-074-aa-690x1024.jpg (118 KB, 690x1024)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>92621010
Here's the AA by the way, I think the regular actually looks better but I'll never complain about more Maria.
>>
File: 170.png (653 KB, 570x791)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
Today's reveal.
>>
>>92621458
soi
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL5CYZirUPo
So is it a new season or not?
>>
File: GMBz9r5aoAA_rG0.png (363 KB, 700x992)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
Reveals for set 14 have begun with the 2nd type of Leda Ace and a new territory.

Fate That Leads to a Chance Encounter, Leda
<Title: Dragon Maiden>
[ACT] (Normal timing/Rest this unit): Open your territory with the (Dragon Maiden) or (Dragonewt King) title.
<Dragon Maiden> [AUTO] When your other Red unit with the (Dragon) attribute attacks, stand this unit. You may only activate this ability up to once per turn.
>>
File: GMBz9r_acAEGkWu.png (333 KB, 700x992)
333 KB
333 KB PNG
Blue-wall Dragon, Saphiros
<Title: Dragon Maiden>
[Assault Territory]
[ACT] (Quick timing/Flip 2 of your Energy face-down): Target 1 of your other Red units with the (Dragon) attribute, during this turn it gets Power +3000 and it cannot be targeted by your opponent except by Commands played as Triggers. You may only activate this ability up to once per turn.
[CONT] This card gets the (Dragon) attribute as long as it is a unit.
>>
I'm so happy. Finally found a copy of this. It's coming from halfway around the world, so it should arrive... whenever.
I don't mind the wait. It's just part of the journey.
>>
File: death stalking specter.png (3.72 MB, 1630x2220)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
>>92620323
two different things. the set 1 heroes weren't aliens, they were all just standard avenger/league tropes. the one you're thinking of was basically an ironman/warmachine, no actual powers but wears power armor. and then they had a bizarro superman guy, a flash guy and the jean gray style chick. the second set did the space gods / four horsemen thing so they're all riffing to various degrees on marvel valhalla, titans, darkseid, all that kinda crap, and death here is obviously pulling some additional ref from stuff like lady death and witchblade, and winking at all the 90s Image renaissance gritty muscles-n-tits stuff.

like if you just don't like the premise, that's fine, different people like different things. but death is perfectly on brand for what the game is advertising. getting mad about it would be like getting upset a game called Fantasy Dragon Battle had a smaug character in it.
>>
File: 118171821_p0.jpg (1.77 MB, 1007x1366)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
Damn, Z/X girls look like this?
>>
File: WXDi-P02-037[EN].jpg (235 KB, 750x1047)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>92614628
I considered Daji, Crimson Evil Queen before I replaced her with Anna Mirage again cause from what I've heard it wasn't all too useful for Urith despite having the ability to recoup life cloth.
>>
>>92623884
...kitty?
>neun schwanze
Oh, fox!
>>
>>92616141
Speaking as someone who drafted GA, the game is fucking awful for draft even though it has all the supposed hallmarks of a flexible draft environment.

Their set design is not conducive to a good-feeling draft at all, and rather than spending effort on refining their draft format in later sets they just dropped the idea altogether.
>>
>used to play Android Netrunner while it still had the license with Wizards
>trying to get back into it again
>all the old sets are out of print so I won't have a chance of buying them
>have to print my own
On one hand, this is probably the only TCG I know that encourages printing your own cards which is neat.
On the other, my inner consoomer is sad that I can't spend money to support it.
>>
>>92625693
You can definitely buy them, they're just expensive.
>>
>>92624066
nine penises?
>>
>>92625939
Exactly.
>>
>>92625693
You can have cards pro printed at arbitrarily high quality if you have money to burn.
>>
File: 1708931973888346.png (195 KB, 640x894)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
Starter deck Vegeta looks ridiculous next set.
Your 4-5-6 curve is this into SCR Vegito into 6c Goku Black. That's a 45k and a 50k swing on 4 energy turn, double 30k swings on 5 energy turn, and a 40k, 45k, and 50k swing on 6 energy.
>>
>>92625896
Yeah, but I want to do the usual where I buy three copies of each set and expansion of the older ones but that's too much money for cards. I regret opening my only original core set now, especially when I only played with it once because 99% of the time I played online.

>>92626575
Yeah I saw the pastebin. Thinking of doing that eventually.
>>
does anyone know where i can buy specific dinosaur king cards besides ebay?
>>
>>92626602
>I buy three copies of each set and expansion
Why would you buy so many? Outside of the core sets, I thought each release contained a playset of each card?
>>
>>92626757
One for playing, one for collecting, one for backup. Merely OCD reasons.
>>
>>92624625
>Their set design is not conducive to a good-feeling draft at all, and rather than spending effort on refining their draft format in later sets they just dropped the idea altogether.
From what the devs said they've dropped it temporarily. My guess is that they plan to do main set (draftable) then support set (non-draftable), but need some time to learn how to make draft fun. Their excuse with set 3 is they wanted to focus on making the set 3 champions constructed viable without worrying about draft, and seeing how good at they are at their job I'd say that's a good decision. We'll see if drafts return in set 5.
>>
>>92626788
Have you done that with any other acg?
>>
>>92626590
>no combo power
i sleep
>>
>>92626944
It's fine because dual strike Vegeta is obsolete now
>>
File: 1706876601117047.jpg (24 KB, 500x375)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>92627055
there's no reason not to have 1-2 double strike vegeta in your deck. the mere threat of being double struck is strong. he'll be obsolete when we get a double strike combo card.
>>
>>92627084
Agree to disagree I guess. I'd much rather drop an SCR Vegito that demands 2-4 cards then follow it up with a Goku Black. I'm the biggest double strike Vegeta hater and how it doesn't answer any relevant threats the way yellow and red's 5c double strikers do.
>>
>>92626875
I used to...and I shouldn't even now. Triplicate buying is overkill especially when you can just print new ones anytime.

But anyway, none of that matters if I can't find people to play with physically so I'll think about it after I find people.
>>
>>92627118
What acgs did you do that for? Must be a huge collection.
>>
File: Black_Maria's_Tattoo[1].png (998 KB, 1220x1080)
998 KB
998 KB PNG
>>92621140
Bandai dropped the ball not using some variant of this shot
>>
hello /acg/

next week i'm going to try one piece

and i better like it
>>
>>92627922
>going to try the best designed and most elegant TCG in modern history
>also it's backed by the greatest anime IP of all time
Oh no what a terrible risk...
>>
>>92627995
(You)
>>
File: pika.jpg (210 KB, 736x1024)
210 KB
210 KB JPG
>>92627995
He didn't say he was playing Pokémon, anon
>>
New

>>92628185
>>92628185
>>92628185
>>
Lacks a certain panache that the touter brings to the table... Definitely not him.
>>
Since people were talking about GA I decided to actualy my test idea to improve it. I grabbed two starter decks and played a game with the following changes:
1) Draw 2 cards per turn
2) All in the material deck that do something other than draw a card cost 1 more.
3) All cards lose floating memory.
4) Player 1 draws 1 card into memory at end of turn.

Obviously it's not indicative of what games with the current cardpool built around the new rules would feel like, but it played so much better. Materializing became a choice rather than expected, and levelling up your champion still felt painful. However now you could recover from levelling up without spending 3 turns doing nothing.

The game also felt a lot more dynamic with both decks able to play more cards. Tonoris started with a unit to foster AND a unit to protect it which was a big move. Diana felt a little gimped having to pay for her bullets, but swapping out plated bullets for a 0 cost 1-attack bullet would fix that.
>>
>>92628179
No one is playing pokemon lmao

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.