[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have anyone of you played a campaign in which you were the dark lord (or were otherwise unapologetically on the side of evil)?
>>
What you are describing is an "Evil Campaign". They are a common thing in TTRPGs.
>>
>>92597067
thease are very hard to do in a serious context with several people, being dark withought being clingily edgy is hard, and are best left to singleplayer experiences like choose your own adventure
>>
>>92597067
This is how a lot of Rogue Trader games turn out.
>>
>>92597067

Yep. It was fun to modernize the country into a rural country into an industrial powerhouse.
>>
>>92597067

Yep. It was fun to modernize a rural country into an industrial powerhouse.
>>
>>92597067
Our first world of darkness game, where no one knew anything and we were too poor to afford anything more than the base nWoD book in the mid 2000s, we fluffed up some rules so the players could play as semi-traditional, non-WoD demons. None of them had corporeal forms, they could only interact with the world via possessing weak willed humans to do their bidding.

Each scene they had an objective to accomplish with the goal of bringing the city they were in into chaos. The first scene was to stoke the fires of a riot in the city the police had contained and were on the verge of quelling, using the resulting bloodbath as a font of negative energy to summon their master into the world. The second was to disrupt a civil meeting in which town authorities, police, and hunters who were totally not Men in Black were coordinating their efforts to counteract the infernal breach. And the last scene was the players infiltrating a lab where their master's inert physical form was held in stasis, waiting to be reunited with his essence.

It took me several games later until I looked back on it and realized this was one of the most engaging games we ran despite the high amount of railroading and that my players not only didn't mind railroading but actually enjoyed it to keep them on task.
>>
File: 1595895352056.jpg (197 KB, 850x1120)
197 KB
197 KB JPG
>>92597067
I played 2 sessions of a level 20 pathfinder 1e game where the premise was every player was the evil overlord from their own universe that had been sucked into the GM's homebrew setting and dropped off in a random field somewhere.

It was actually really promising for the first session with several of the characters banding together to try and find out who had brought us here and for what purpose. We started with the biggest sources of magic we could detect hoping to find the most powerful beings of this world (surmising that even if they weren't the ones who had brought us here, they may know who could be behind it).
Unfortunately one of the players had decided before the game even started that he just wanted to use the opportunity to try out an "epic world-ending combo" that he had read about on the internet. I don't recall the specifics but the GM just ran with it and by the 2nd session he'd managed to get the world sucked into a black hole or something and the campaign abruptly ended. We never did get an explanation from the GM on what the plot was going to be if that hadn't happened.
>>
Something I wonder is what is the ideal Evil Overlords castle? I figure in terms of construction we can say that some dwarves or similarly 'good with their hands' race are contracted to build it, which justify the scale or speed at which it could be built.

You'd need a quarry for the stone, but I wonder if you could get it from just wherever or you'd need to source the stone from somewhere. You'd need some mines nearby certainly for iron or some other metal to make weapons and armor for your evil minions certainly.

There's also a question of what your evil minions would be and how to house them. Demons? Goblins? Skeletons?

Having an evil botanical garden to grow poisons and house monsters to serve as an intro dungeon for pesky adventurers would be nice.

Aside from that I wonder what fun you could have designing traps and puzzles and figuring out how to navigate them when you're just trying to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and adventurers aren't breaking into your house.
>>
yes, sit upon the throne of your nerd
>>
Yeah, one of the players had wanted to switch PCs, and we retired his Warlock by having him taken off to the insane asylum. Well, a few months later one player couldn’t make it, so we ran a secret one-shot where the other insane asylum inmates helped that PC escape. So now we have kind of a side-campaign B plot of these escaped mental patients just ravaging the distant countryside and being massive pieces of shit. It’s fun, and will eventually bleed into our main campaign I assume. Plus, one of our players has no fuckin idea it’s happening.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.