[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Sana_Peril.png (190 KB, 673x556)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
How do you write them?
>>
>>92603334
The men are all Chads who sustain themselves with raw fish and dumpster diving until it's their annual time to have sex with females.
>>
>>92603334
Why does that bear have sexy feminine eyes?
>>
>>92603368
She is Sana. A female bear from the Bear Clan in Armello
>>
>>92603334
If your Bearmen aren't apiarists, you're doing it wrong. Bearmen are cool and have a lot of potential for a solid niche, but do you actually want to talk about Bearmen or do you just want to ask endless questions about Bearmen and leech?
>>
>>92603511
The former
>>
>>92603359
Not sure why bearmen would dumpster dive when they are cappable of being civilized people. Maybe bakers, construction workers, chefs or maybe athletes.
>>
>>92603334
If I where to write them, I think it would be like the lion people in traveller
but bear
>>
>>92603334
Bearly.
>>
>>92603334
Straightforward folks. Bears have no natural predators so they don't need to hide. They also can catch their prey without ambush so they never needed to sneak around. This lead to them being really straightforward and have a low tolerance to any bullshit.
>>
>>92603571
That's a relief to hear. Hopefully this thread gets a lot of decent discussion. Bears are a personal favourite of mine, just behind Hogs, who I like to have stand-in for orcs sometimes. How large do you like your Bearfolks?

I think they're best at around a small ogre's size, or around 6'5 and +350-400lbs. They're massive and strong, but not necessarily brutes. For the most part, low-tech and get by with the same spears they use for fishing, though clubs and axes are also popular. Anything that requires a lot of strength to wield well. I don't tend to imagine them with shields or heavy armour, so they fall somewhat into that barbarian gestalt in my mind.
>>
>>92604209
>How large do I like my bears?

Big, fat, and himbo quality.

but in all seriousness. I would like mine to be the based on the Alaskan bears. They would be considered the heaviest of all the beast races with a tribal approach to life, though quite chill with people. The only time they would attack is when provoked.

I like your bears, man.
>>
>>92603765
Sorry, my lingo was out of date - they're all Sigma males who don't give a shit about your expectations. They will dive the dumpster, they will eat raw fish and they will be the one your GF tells you to not worry about.
>>
>>92604372
Ah. Okay. I still have one question: Are they himbo quality?
>>
>>92604409
Being Himbo runs contrary to being Sigma, I understand.
>>
>>92604481
Himbos look masculine and really attractive.
>>
>>92603334
>Write
Don't know. I play games, not write books.
>>
>>92603368
Because you have incredibly low standards
>>
>>92604209
Though one question. Do they get drunk with human men?
>>
>>92603334
Bearfolk in my game are generally chill people. They live in small villages, mostly hunting and gathering in temperature forests, but they also engage in some low-intensity agriculture. Some villages keep livestock (they don't drink milk but love cheese), but it's not really compatible with their lifestyle. Some villages are on rivers, lakes, or the ocean, and they readily fish. On the ocean, they set out in boats; traditionally small coasters, but they're actually pretty good sailors and the need to built heavy masts and spars means that they're particularly known for sailing rough seas. They have developed a reputation as scrupulously honest traders with whom you do not want to fuck.

They're all the stereotypes: strong, slow to anger, implacable once roused. They're also mostly friendly.

Traditionally, they spend most of winter not quite hibernating, but in a very reduced level of activity, sleeping 20 hours a day or so but keeping up watches, hunting fresh meat, etc. Those that are close to human and elf lands are slowly losing this, though.

I ran a game where the party were all bearfolk, it was pretty fun. People got a little silly, but not disruptively so.

>>92603511
This is now the case if we ever do it again.
>>
>>92604346
Grizzly bears are likely the best variety of bear for bearmen, as black bears are hard to take seriously and polar bears are more like intelligent trolls than anything. I guess a bearman would be equivalent to a "himbo" but I'm not a fujo so I wouldn't know. I think of them as surly and fundamentally solitary, with extended family units and villages at most. Not quite citybuilders or given over to civilized sentiments.

>>92605927
The bears are big into boozing and most only come in from the wilderness to party for a couple of weeks once a year and buy exotic goods they can't get otherwise. Fooling around with a drunk and cantankerous ladybear who just left her hibernation period is a great way to get a fractured pelvis or something torn out of socket, but fortune favours the bold, and so forth.

>>92607134
Beekeeping bears makes sense to me but it isn't super obvious at a glance.
>>
>>92607436
>Fooling around with a drunk and cantankerous ladybear who just left her hibernation period is a great way to get a fractured pelvis or something torn out of socket, but fortune favours the bold, and so forth.

I got the con check for it.
>>
>>92603334
I don't
>>
File: medieval bee suit.png (992 KB, 873x492)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
>>92603511
>apiarists
make them wear this
>>
>>92608667
What's that?
>>
>>92607134
Great bears!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.