[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2t5rso80bf9c1.jpg (822 KB, 2297x2593)
822 KB
822 KB JPG
Never Simping Edition

Thread Question: What other periods in Westorosi history would make for good war games?

>A thread for discussing 'A Song of Ice and Fire'. Possible topics include the original novels, Fire and Blood, Dunk & Egg, general lore and theories, characters, artwork, HBO's adaptations "Game of Thrones" and "House of the Dragon", and various videogames.

>>Lore Resources
A Wiki of Ice and Fire – Canon wiki
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page
The Lands of Ice and Fire - Official maps
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q5a5zbkb30uxo/TLoIaF
Atlas of Ice and Fire - Fan blog with maps and speculation on geography, population, and history
https://atlasoficeandfireblog.wordpress.com
1d4chan Page - A Song of Ice and Fire explained by fa/tg/uys
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire

>>Game Resources
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying
PDF Collection
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_Roleplaying_(SIFRP)
Cheat Sheets (Includes House Creation Rules)
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cam2kq4lrmdm9/Cheat_Sheets
A Song of Ice & Fire: Tabletop Miniatures Game
Official CMOM Page (Rules, FAQs, Player Resources, and News)
https://asoiaf.cmon.com
Online Army Builder
https://asoiafbuilder.com
Statistics Reference (Tournament Details, Faction Rankings, and Player Rankings)
https://asoiaf-stats.com/

>
>>A Game of Thrones: The Living Card Game (2nd Edition)
Official Fantasy Flight Games Page (Rules, FAQ, Player Resources, and News)
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/a-game-of-thrones-the-card-game-second-edition/
Card Spoilers
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/agameofthrones2ndedition/a-game-of-thrones-2nd-edition-cards
Deckbuilder

>Newst Blog
https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2024/04/22/women-of-the-press/
>Animated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD74SLdgINw
>>
Age of Heroes, right after the Long Night. Magic in the air, all kinds of monsters, demigod-like heroes, a great many petty kingdoms all ying for supremacy.

I don't ascribe to the idea the Age of Heroes coming before the Long Night, we'd have stories in-universe about the various House ancestors fighting the Others rather than just Bran the Builder.
>>
File: 1705886270814373.jpg (490 KB, 1500x1029)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
Baratheons and Stormlanders are kino, all thats missing is dinosaurs in their rainforests so we can have Stannis riding an armoured triceratops into battle
>>
File: 1705900107219229.jpg (409 KB, 1500x1029)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>92611960
>>
>>92607922
George even says that the history is closer to half the assumed length of time, as in the Wall was probably constructed 4,000 years ago, not 8,000-10,000. Exaggerated accounts.
>>
>>92607798
why were we dead?
do we have only one anon making threads all the time?
>>
>>92618006
I think some nigga got it deleted and nobody bothered to make a new one. Itd be easier to tell if we numbered the generals
>>
>>92607798
/asoiaf/ is finally back?!
Why was it absent in the first place?! What happend?!
>>
>>92611960
Unironically, if George had thrown in some dinos in early GoT I think it would have been great. We already have Mastodons, Saber tooth Tigers, and Dragons. Why not Triceratops, Pterodactyls, and Tyrannosaurus?
>>
Been thinking about a game set in a world where the First Blackfyre Rebellion was a success and where all the Lord Paramount's have been replaced by Blackfyre supporters:
>Reyne in the Westerlands
>Bracken in the Riverlands
>Peake in the Reach
>Yronwood in Dorne
>Sunderland in the Vale
>??? in the Stormlands
I feel like it should be one of the Marcher Lords, but which?
>>
>>92618006
>>92619166
>>92619807
some autist(s) had a chimpout in the last few threads about these threads not belonging to /tg/. I guess a mod agreed
retards will be retards, what can you do
>>
File: 1569724720980.jpg (121 KB, 1000x732)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>92612088
I know that, still want an AoH game or more insight into what went on.
>>
Oh look the pedophiles from /tv/ are here shitting up the board again. None of you cunts even try to keep discussion on topic, why the fuck do you come here? Go to /tv/ or /lit/ you retards, there is no reason to keep spamming this thread HERE if you're not going to talk about traditional fucking games you dipshits
>>
>>92628085
Go complain also in dungeon meshi or outsider or muscle girl or slop threads.
>>
>>92628085
use the filter function
>>
>>92628085
Shut the fuck up you, you closeted tranny. No one forces you to be here, salty faggot.
>>
File: House True CoA.png (125 KB, 1536x1922)
125 KB
125 KB PNG
Post Coats of Arms for custom houses

Backstory of this is a Lannister Bastard saving the King of the Westerlands, his father, from almost being killed by slaying 3 Fossoway Knights during a battle, almost ending the Male line before the 4th and last son retreated.
>>
Did Theon Greyjoy ever swear fealty to
Robb Stark in the books?
>>
>>92633733
didn't they all go king in the north and kneeled to him or swore fealty off-page?
>>
File: IMG_20240427_145313.jpg (2.41 MB, 3472x3472)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
Bodied some Watch with the ole Martell shenanigans
>>
File: 1688614877706009.jpg (1.85 MB, 1280x4019)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
>>92622840
>Why not Triceratops, Pterodactyls, and Tyrannosaurus?
Too similar, dinos are IRL dragons. House Targaryen isn't so special anymore if House Baratheon all get to ride t-rexes and House Velaryon all get plesiosaurs.
>>
>>92611960
>>92622840
Could be some in Sothoryos.

It's assumed that there are Velociraptors or something like them somewhere in the setting, if Syrio wasn't just lying.

"Hear me. The ships of Braavos sail as far as the winds blow, to lands strange and wonderful, and when they return their captains fetch queer animals to the Sealord's menagerie. Such animals as you have never seen, striped horses, great spotted things with necks as long as stilts, hairy mouse-pigs as big as cows, stinging manticores, tigers that carry their cubs in a pouch, terrible walking lizards with scythes for claws. Syrio Forel has seen these things."
>>
>>92639013
what animal does "hairy mouse-pigs as big as cows" refer to? some kind of giant capybara?
the rest are clear
>>
>>92628085
If a thread casues you mental and physical anguish to the degree that you melt into a low functioning puddle of seethe then I suggest that you don't look at it.
>>
>>92607798
How THE FUCK did Mormon get caught selling poachers as slaves? Someone would have to turn him in to Ned Stark and provide evidence. It just doesn't make sense.
>>
>>92623442
The Blackwoods swear fealty to the Starks because like hell will they ever serve the Brackens.

I think Dorne would be more likely to go independent again than have Yronwood take over; I really doubt that (anachronistic) Dornish nationalism would allow a pro-Blackfyre house to displace their traditional princes.

>>92623495
They can get fucked, we have a TTRPG.
>>
>>92639901
Maybe he left a bill of sale lying around like Jeannie May Crawford. Maybe a captain who was transporting them talked, perhaps to the Manderlys if they had to stop in White Harbor, and then Wyman passed it on to Ned.
>>
>>92639934
Holy shit just played that again on FNV, that's what made me think of it
>>
>>92640072
I love FNV because if you ever have reason to bring it up in a conversation, almost everyone will know what you're talking about. Kind of like Bloodlines.

Anyway, Jorah is a bit of an idiot, who's constantly led astray by two central flaws: an inability to admit when anything has been his fault ever, and lust for underage blondes.
>>
The Riverlands and it’s people suffered dearly by the Lannisters and the Westermen.
>>
>>92640107
The Westermen are weirdly undercharacterized. Apart from the Reynes and Tarbecks, the entire Westerlands seems to march in lockstep with the Lannisters, and of course the former have been wiped out by the time of the books.
>>
>>92640094
Damn, just like me, but it's not my fault they're 14, damn age of consent laws.
>>
>>92640151
We suffer, ironically, from a lack of Westerlands POV. All the Lannisters are people of Kings Landing basically, and we never get a view from actual people who live in the West. I'd kill for a pov chapter or even a prologue from someone in Lannisport for example.

That said, it's pretty clear that Tywin is pretty centralized given he can raise entire armies pretty fast and is a control freak, even if he gives roles and commands based on the feudal order. I imagine that given he put a stop of the petty feuds of lords and stopped the banditry that plagued the realm personally in his youth, he's very well considered and most people see him as a role model to follow. The Crakehalls seem to be distinct at least, though maybe seeing the Lannisters of Lannisport could give us a more mercantile look at the West.
>>
>>92639901
Better question is what was a slaver doing all the way up north at Bear Island.
>>
>>92639925
>The Blackwoods swear fealty to the Starks because like hell will they ever serve the Brackens.
Depends on if the Starks actually rebel against a Blackfyre throne since they didn't get involved in the rebellion in the first place.
>I think Dorne would be more likely to go independent again than have Yronwood take over
I thought about as much.
>>
Some piece of shit who was sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong snitched on Jorah Mormont selling poachers and shit into slavery.

Fuck that piece of shit.
>>
My support goes to House Blackwood, you dumb retarded 4channer racists! Fuck the Brackens.
>>
What do Old Gods believers actually believe in?
>>
>>92644269
Aged deities
>>
Gregor Clegane slaughtering River people left and right killing a lot of man, woman and children, murdering hundreds of soldiers and civilians alike.
>>
>>92644269
Blood sacrifice which is actually empowering The Wall preventing the Others from marching South
>>
>>92640281
>We suffer, ironically, from a lack of Westerlands POV
The Reach too. We don't even have a POV character from the Reach
>>
>>92645896
Or a PoV character from the Tyrell’s for that matter.
>>
>>92646003
My Kingdom for an Olenna/Mace chapter
>>
>>92644269
They’re animists. They attribute life/spirit to everything in nature. A very pure religion all things considered.
>>
File: Shrike.png (1.01 MB, 1080x1080)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
We come up with lore on places that are named but don't much info
>Land of the Shrikes
>Is occupied by a people with a penchant for leaving their revered dead exposed for scavenger birds and sky burials (Zoroastrian/Cenral asia based)
>They place these bodies atop giant spiars with a bowl on the top
>This becomes seen as impaling their dead to other cultures, hence the name "Shrike"
>>
>>92646017
No Olenna/Mace, but Marg instead.
>>
I don’t always mind if my army commits war crimes like pillaging, robbing, burning villages down, killing smallfolk and all but if any of them commit rape, I will castrate them for I don’t tolerate rape within my ranks nor my bannermen.

Rapists and pedophiles be fucking warned!
>>
>>92646017
>>92649586
Give me Wilas. He's going to have to handle the situation as heir, he has a direct connection to Dorne, and he's handicappablr which Martin loves to write
>>
I like how magic only works in this setting if it feels like it, or you satisfy it enough
Or if you've already been blood fucked centuries or millennia ago, like a free pass
>>
>>92649965
Very well, you shall have a Wilas of House Tyrell as PoV character and his chapters.
>>
>>92607798
Top guy would be literally me if he only horny for his betrothed waifu
>>
>>92649815
For me it's the opposite, but only single women who can bear offspring are allowed to be bred against their will, which is actually very rare since they all get married asap to avoid this fate.
>>
WHO'S HYPED FOR TACTIC!?
>>
What was Roose Bolton thinking during the War of the Five Kings?
>>
>>92656291
why is george so adorable
>>
File: Tapir.jpg (1.52 MB, 3000x1958)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>92639457
I thought he was talking about Tapirs, not quite cow sized, but still pretty big and fits the NOT!South American vibes of Sothoryos.
>>
>>92639925
>>92643478
I know it's a stretch given the anti-Dornish sentiment, but what if Yronwood lands leave Dorne to join the Stormlands, and they become the new LP of the region? The Stormlords would hate it, but that just leads to more story opportunities.
>>
>>92656402
seething that he was a pleb lord taking orders from a teenager
>>
Pygmy elephants...
Valyrian lemurs...
Phantom tortoises...

Why are asoiaf animals so cute bros?
>>
>>92645852
I feel like the others raised the wall to protect themselves from dragons
>>
>>92657893
anon... I.....
dragons... they have... wings anon. they can fly....
>>
>>92656737
Tapirs getting their head smashed by monkeys.
>>
>>92656470
He has the HEART
>>
>>92636138
You should get your armies painted by someone if you are not able to.
>>
>>92658870
Magical warding spells in the ice like bloodraven cave
>>
>>92663457
not much point for a bigass fuckoff wall then, just have a magically enchanted picket fence you can chuck dogshit over
>>
>>92663675
Maybe they needed a more powerful spell AND a big fuck off wall to deal with powerful valyrian magic.
>>
>You Frey's killed the Starks at the Red Wedding!!!!
>They dishonoured us.
How cna a Northerner logically respond to this without sounding mad?
>>
>>92669352
guest right is sacred. breaking it is literally worse than kinslaying. fucking wildings honor guest rights so by breaking them you become less than a wildling
>>
File: hvovmx9gn6d41.png (422 KB, 759x1201)
422 KB
422 KB PNG
>>92623442
I find the idea of the Second Blackfyre rebellion succeeding a lot more exciting
>Bloodraven is slian at the Redgrass Field
>Duncan dies during arandom adventure
>The Whitehalls conspiracy succeeds and Daemon II maches on King's Landing
>unpopular Aerys I is overthrown and Daemon II crowned King
>Previously rebellious lords declare for Daemon II and rise up
>Maekar marches on King's Landing from Summerhall
>Bittersteel and Haegon lands with the Golden Company and intercepts Maekar.
>Aerion Brightflame makes founds his own sellsword company and wages war against the Balckfyre throne.
Now you have a fourway conflict between Targaryens, Daemon's Blackfyres, Haegon's Blackfyres and Brightflames.
>>
>>92669376
Are betrothals sacred?
when the Lannisters wanted to break Joffrey's betrothal to Sansa, they had to make a whole show it it that the king is unsupportive of it but the high septon says it's alright and the arch master agrees. All in order to not make it seem like the betrothal wasn't broken but rather it became invalid. That suggests betrothals are equally sacred and breaking one because you found an other woman is a huge fuck you. Especially when that woman is from a lesser house than yours.
>>
>>92669397
>That suggests betrothals are equally sacred
No, not really. It suggests that its important politically and an insult, but there are no stories like the Rat Cook for breaking betrothals.
>>
>>92656751
Rrally it'd be a defacto/dejure type situation.
Dejure House Yronwood would be the Prince of Dorne but defacto they wouldn't control much of it.
But Yronwood becoming the LP of the Stormlands does sounds a little plausible since the two major Marcher Lord houses (Swann and Dondarrion) don't appear to have joined the rebellion because they remained on good terms with the crown after it.
>>
>>92669483
If it was only politics there would be no need to have all that farce about making it right with the church. It has a religious significance, same as marriage. Guestright is more cultural than religious, and perhaps betrothals aren't that big of a deal for the Old Gods worshippers, but they definitely are for people of the Seven, which the Freys are.
Regarding the stories: there aren't any that we have so far heard*. There could very well be even more than stories about guestright for all we know
>>
There is nothing wrong with being a Rivermen nor hailing from the Riverlands.
>>
Does Tyrion truly cares for the smallfolk?
Does Edward Elric care for the smallfolk?
>>
>2024
>still no The Winds of Winter
Fuck you fatman George, cancer upon you.
>>
crannogmen are filthy and full of worms and other parasites, god I hate them
>>
>>92676252
>t.ironborn
>>
File: jhns6tgx39hc1.jpg (253 KB, 1095x1382)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>92676252
andal go home
>>
>>92676252
>*the bog starts singing andal go home*
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEEwgljX34
>>
File: IMG_0824.jpg (531 KB, 1610x1000)
531 KB
531 KB JPG
>>92672074
That’s nice, but consider the following
>*burns your village*
>>
>>92676991
>goes on a autistic spree against the riverlands instead of fighting the war
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
File: IMG_0827.gif (1.99 MB, 412x246)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>92677077
Someone needed to put those filthy r*verlanders in their place
>>
>>92640151
Because Tywin scared the shit out of them by wiping out two powerful and ancient families.
>>
>>92677077
GRRM needed to keep him from affecting the war
>>
>>92676227
It's going to be reeeeeeal disappointment if it ever releases.
>>
>>92607798
dead general kek
>>
>>92680005
Indeed I’m so sad XD
>>
A Song of Ice and Fire has lost it’s will to live and stopped surviving.
>>
>>92670097
youre delusional. the breaking of guest right is repeatedly talked about in the same breath as kinslaying. betrothals get broken for several reasons all the time. baelor breakspear broke his betrothal for a smallfolk girl and was still well regarded afterwards. sure the baratheons reblled but nobody called baelor a "betrothal breaker" like how they call jaime a kingslayer. so even kinglsaying is seen as worse than breaking a betrothal

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.