[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: TSL.pdf (5.22 MB, PDF)
5.22 MB
5.22 MB PDF
Have you played it before? On what sapphic escapades did you go?

(Knowing /tg/, it absolutely won't go to hell)
>>
File: file.png (13 KB, 250x250)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>92612814
Any post after this one is faggots.
>>
File: 58d.gif (1.38 MB, 320x240)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB GIF
>>92612890
K
>>
Is this game actually fun or is it just one of those things were autists make something that angers other autists because they're at opposite ends of the spectrum?
>>
>>92613141
The game I saw it compared to is a """game""" in which you get exp for airing your trauma, so I'm not sure. The guy I watched still had some standards when he reviewed it and said he had fun, but since then he had lost all his friends and will give games glowing reviews so long as they embrace lgbt themes... so it's hard to say if his previous review of it had any merit.
>>
I'm playing Devoted.
>>
In the same way Lancer feels like it was made by someone kind of almost remembering the three episodes of gundam wing they watched, sword poofs feels like someone remembering the first few episodes of utena, before anything weird or really interesting happens.
Cargo cult anime setting. RPG based on a "how to draw manga" scholastic book.
>>
>>92613275
What does a defensive sword look like?
>>
>>92613374
>What does a defensive sword look like?
I dunno. Maybe it's primarily used for parrying? Granted, a shield would probably do a better job, but maybe the swords in her setting are magic and cut right through protection.
>>
>>92613211
>but since then he had lost all his friends
Whatever happened? Was he a dick or were his friends the assholes?
>>
>>92613211
Why did you write """game"""
>>
>>92614081
It's the old debate about whether narrative-focused rule books like those using PtbA count as games and not creative exercises.
>>
>>92613283
That's what always bothers me about these tryhard subversive takes on popular genres. The writers treat the source material they are leveraging for attention and advertising with open contempt and derision. Like, do these fags even like magical girls? Do they like the Mecha genre at all? Because it doesn't fucking look like it.
>>
>>92612814
I have not played it before, thank you for asking
>>
>>92614280
What does liking mecha or magical girls look like to you? I don’t know shit about TSL other than it has an ugly art style, but I feel like Lancer understands it’s assignment well enough.
>>
>>92614280
There's always that obnoxious element like "we fixed it :)".
>>92614449
The Lancer dudes bragged about how they came up with everything for the setting because they don't really watch mecha and actively avoided taking any inspiration from mecha shows.
It also has a bunch of really weak setting elements that probably would've been fine if they'd just watched a couple mecha shows and realized how people before them handled it.
>>
>>92614449
>but I feel like Lancer understands it’s assignment well enough.
Then you must not like mecha
>>
>>92614280
Watch the credits of the first of the new star wars trilogies. Ask yourself if those people care about star wars. Then go look at how much money that film made. Repeat the question again. Then ask star wars fans what they thought about the movie. Ask that question to them. If you still can't answer it yourself.
Money does not make art. Artists do, money makes slop. Slop consumers encourage the slop factory. Being critical of things is somehow seen as bad now. Probably because people are sensitive and think they deserve praise for no effort.
>>
Cishet bros... What did we do?
>>
>>92613858
Probably >>92614500

His friends all seemed like good ol' guys, and though I hate to use stereotypes, dude did look pretty "onions".
>>92614081
More or less >>92614190

Though in this case, if you watch a session or see the character sheet you'll be stunned at the lack of any sort of mechanics. It's a therapy session first, rp second, and barely a game third. The mechanics are inspired by Steven Universe and the goal is to basically RP your real life issues as a magical girl while in a bland knockoff of a surface level anime, but "diverse".

Other PbtA games have more mechanics in them than this one.
>>
File: 1713352713486642.gif (3.2 MB, 498x325)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB GIF
>>92612814
How is this real? Why does this exist?
>>
>>92614449
Lancer is the Gen:Lock of Mecha TTRPGs.
>>
>>92614775
You're pretty fragile to be reacting to this at all.
>>
>>92614766
Not to mention the fact that the playbooks seem rather restrictive in terms of character creation. What if your character just doesn't fit any of these archetypes? I guess you could always customize them or create new ones (as they suggest for actions), but wouldn't you be better off making your own game system at some point?

I'd like to give the game a chance, but it would definitely take some homebrew and a group that's not the type to run campaigns like >>9261475, or at least don't take them as more than a joke. (That's rich coming from the guy who imagined a campaign where humans were androgynous (or "NBs") before being forcefully split into men and women by a Demiurge-version of Adam and Eve from space, but at least I'm exploring a setting and concept and not just venting out about cisnormativity)
>>
File: 9b5.jpg (167 KB, 460x750)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>92614835
That's kinda what I was thinking when I was playing around with the idea of "What would make this game fun?". You'd want a group that would basically turn what the games were trying to do on their heads to the point of either parody or being insanely offensive.

That being said, if you're a liberal white woman or an insanely flamboyant gay guy who likes the idea of ttrpgs more than the act of playing them, then it looks like there is some fun to be had:
https://youtu.be/55PaAYM8nBc?si=3D3jDFfVtF-dN_3b
>>
>>92612814
I've been away from the board for a while, but this non-game pandering horseshit is acceptable now?
>>
>>92614190
Narrative games can be fine, so long as they're not too light on actual rules. PbtA is too light, and thus not a game.
>>
>>92613374
>What does a defensive sword look like?
Why do you even care? Who hurt you?
>>
>>92613374
It's anime bullshit.
>>
>>92614449
Mecha is about masculinity and war in the same vein magical girls are about femininity and relationships. Mecha is inherently geared towards boys as magical girls are geared towards girls, and trying to change this usually leads to a shittier product precisely because that’s the baked in demographic. Hell robots literally represent male adolescents just as magical girls represent female adolescents over in Japan. The only time we see successful deviations from these themes is when it’s done for comedy and the occasional grimdark edgefest.
>>
For something inspired by Utena, it doesn't understand it at all. The TV show isn't even really gay, that was 100% the movie.
>>
>>92615104
I always prefer to feel invested in characters and campaigns, but with a game book like that, you might as well go over-the-top and explore some ridiculous premises similar to the ones suggested in it, but with the distance the writers clearly lacked. Who knows though, if the campaign is fun enough, the joke might eventually be played straight and settings from the book like Queertopia and Heteronormia might actually turn into something interesting.
>>
>>92615793
Selling utena to a generation of tumblr fujos as a lesbian empowerment story is so incredibly funny. Unfortunately it kind of stuck because none of them actually watched it anyway lol.
>>
This game is a shit show made for faggots. There's a reason why many gamers clown on it, and one of the few things I agree with Guardbro about.
>>
File: worried.png (513 KB, 600x782)
513 KB
513 KB PNG
>>92615793
>>92615865
That's the weirdest part about Utena being such a big deal for Tumblr lesbians: the show always had more straight shit than gay shit, while Utena and Anthy's relationship felt more platonic than romantic.
>>
I had a lesbian tell me that Car Lesbians is the better lesbian system. I don't know myself.
>>
>>92615973
To be fair, Car Lesbians looks like a more complete game than the other
>>
>>92614754
Your mom
>>
>>92612814
It's fine? I haven't played it but I've read it and I've played a good number of other PBTA. I wasn't impressed by it, but it seems perfectly fine. I'd probably have a good time if a friend wanted to play it, and I've played a lot of games I can't say that about.
>>
Is this like Dungeon Bitches where “disaster lesbians getting fucked up in dungeons?”
>>
>>92615939
You are insane. You don't seem to be told that, but it's an important thing to know about oneself.
>>
Why are they thirsty, is this a desert setting?
>>
>>92615939
You can chalk that up to Sex (gay or straight) being a weapon of the bad actors within the setting and this being still in the era where censors were scared to death of an honest to god gay protagonist, and not that far away from those bygone days where being lesbian in a magical series was basically a death sentence, typically preceded by a villainous subplot.
>>
>>92614829
> Gen:Lock
> The series where creators were dense enough to brag about making a mecha show centered on the characters and not the robots
Says everything I need to know.
> Also the show that had a weird scene where a couple had weird virtual sex while the protag was getting assaulted by some rape demon.
>>
File: Filtered.png (101 KB, 558x421)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
I've haven't been filtered this hard by a game since Vampire: The Masquerade
>>
>>92618422
>not using people-first language
that's gonna be a yikes from me
>>
>>92618422
> Respect radicalized people
Does that include far righters?
>>
File: 1704211218071972.jpg (29 KB, 480x365)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>92612814
>>
Everything about this looks like absolute garbage that was made for people who don't actually play ttrpgs.
The art style is atrocious too.
>>
>>92618311
That's the exact sort of attitude.
>we're not like those *OTHER MECHA SHOWS* because we do [thing that every mecha show has done since the genre was started]
How the fuck does someone get it in their head that they know better about a genre that they overtly know nothing about?
>>
How would you fix this game to give it a better chance of selling outside of its extremely niche market? Better art style and dropping the uppity tone is obvious enough, but the next step would be to set some actual rules and either add more playbooks or replace them with a more flexible character creation system.
>>
>>92614829
I don’t agree with that at all. Gen;Lock is one of the worst mecha things ever produced, if not the absolute worst. Lancer is a solid mech Trpg with lore that can be preachy at times
>>
>>92615722
I could see that argument for Real Robot stories, even though I don’t agree with it. But mecha is about more than just Real Robot stuff. I wouldn’t say that Gunbuster for example is overflowing with masculinity and that’s one of the best pieces of mecha ever produced.
>>
File: racialize.png (23 KB, 658x261)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>92618512
Racialized, not radicalized.
Actually might not be that big of a difference, provided everyone at the table does the acceptable racism and not micro-aggressions against the melinated.
>>
>>92618639
So that's what having a stroke is like.
>>
>>92618422
I’m on board with like 90% of this list but I can’t even comprehend why they’d include it. Anyone willing to play a game called fucking Thirsty Sword Lesbians is both not the kind of person you could stop with something like this, nor the kind of person who would ever see it, because they’d never open the book.
>>
>>92618668
Gotta remind themselves they're good people, I guess.
>>
>>92613275
Hey look it's a female custodes lol
>>
>>92612814
My [all-male, all-straight] group tried playing it.

Mechanically it's fine. It's PbtA with a few tweaks.

The problem is the tone. The book doesn't know if it's a joke or serious, and it's hard to make the players go one way or the other. So you end up with this weird atmosphere which keeps going back and forth between "serious" anime game and complete satire. Reading the game book reminds me of an asshole friend who keeps saying inappropriate or mean shit and then going "Just kidding!".

Honestly, I don't think that even a bunch of lesbians would be able to find the right tone.

I give it a 4/10 if you like PbtA. It's not a bad idea, but awkward.
>>
>>92618766
I don't think a bunch of lesbians would even attempt it desu
Also checked
>>
File: teysa exava.png (781 KB, 1024x832)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
>>92612814
The funny thing about TSL is that it's actually a surprisingly good RPG, mechaniclaly speaking.

The combat mechanics are bad, but that's the case with all PBTA games. However, it's social/political systems are top-notch. If you're ever running a political intrigue game, especially one with romantic comedy aspects, I strongly recoment TSL as a base for it.

You can even reskin it to remove all of the yuri shit. Of course, the yuri just makes it better tho.
>>
And yet my own system, Hungry Gun Faggots, was rejected as “in poor taste”!
>>
>>92614280
>Like, do these fags even like magical girls? Do they like the Mecha genre at all? Because it doesn't fucking look like it.
A few fantasy writers have come out over the years to speak of how there has always been people who like to say they're familiar enough with a genre to subvert it only to show themselves to know nothing, but that has always been a minority where only occasionally does a real genius break out by being something wholly new and still interesting.
These days those people are elevated a lot more due to the nature of social media and echo chambers of counter culture where none of them are even familiar with the culture they're countering.
>>
>>92614280
>Do they like the Mecha genre at all?
all my lesbian friends really liked the new gundam anime, even beyond the main girls being an item. So yeah, they do like gundam.
>>
>>92618895
Do they like any mecha that isn't about lesbians?
>>
>>92618842
> Hungry Gun Faggots
Tell me more. I'm working on a Twinks & Tomgirls system myself.
>>
>>92618842
>Hungry Gun Faggots
Brokeback Mountain is already a thing
>>
>>92618909
A lot of them really liked Iron Blooded Orphans and the new Armored Core game, so yeah.
>>
>>92618766
What sort of campaign did your friends run?
>>
>>92618895
>all my lesbian friends liked one of the worst, least thematic gundams and only that one
Not exactly the best example there m8
>>
>>92619004
People liking mid things for good reasons is fine, actually. It's easier to get people to watch good media than it is to get people to develop taste.

They liked the thematic elements of GunWitch even if they weren't as developed as other series' themes, and I'm confident they'd like better mecha anime even without yuri elements to lure them in.
>>
>>92619110
You're completely dodging the point in your attempt to morally grandstand over women liking mediocrity, anon. Bringing up the least "gundam" Gundam series to date (not the worst, mind you. FAR from the worst) that a handful of lesbians liked isn't really the greatest case study for "women like mecha". Hell, IBO alone is a better argument than WfM since it featured both a fuccboi sexual tension triangle AND a more traditional love triangle between the two lead females and a psychopath (women love psychopaths) from aforementioned fuccboi triangle. And even while women occasionally gushed over it the main audience was still boys.
>I'm confident they'd like better mecha anime even without yuri elements to lure them in.
I'm honestly confident in the opposite. 0079 and Zeta for example are exceedingly male coming of age stories. They might gush over Char but I strongly doubt they'll "get it" the same way because there's just not as much there for them. It's like the difference between liking FLCL and really getting it on a visceral level.
>>
>>92614503
>The Lancer dudes bragged about how they came up with everything for the setting because they don't really watch mecha and actively avoided taking any inspiration from mecha shows.

Do you have a source for that? (Interview, video, tweets, whatever). It will be a handy tool when talking about the game and criticizing that aspect of it.
>>
>>92619353
Isn't it in the book itself?
>>
>>92619377
I’ve been in an active campaign for about 2 months now and consult the book pretty frequently; if it’s there, I haven’t seen it, but I also haven’t looked so it might be. Regardless, whether they said it or not I will continue to defend Lancer. It may be a wargame masquerading as a Trpg, but I like wargames.
>>
>>92619305
NTA but I think that differentiating between levels of enjoyment/levels of “getting it” doesn’t fundamentally matter. A lot of the fun in enjoying media is talking about it and sharing what it meant to you specifically. Obviously what the text of the story is will heavily influence that, but I’m hard pressed to say that one variety of enjoyment is better than any other. Someone who likes The Room as a so bad it’s good comedy and someone who genuinely thinks it’s a good drama both still took away something positive and have something interesting to talk about.
>>
>>92615793
>>92615865
>>92615939
>Utena was never gay
Lead is not as dense as you fuckers
>>
>>92618766
>Mechanically it's fine. It's PbtA with a few tweaks.
So it's shit?
>>
File: lancer wanking.png (91 KB, 917x583)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>92619353
https://luke-shaw.medium.com/lancer-an-interview-transcript-ea118cebfbf8
It's worth reading the interviews, since it's not like they don't know anything at all about mecha, but it's also blatantly surface level reads. TBF in another interview a different one of them says he did watch mecha, and he lists votoms, patlabor 2, and 08th ms team, which is frankly the wanky serious-hat picks for annoying gay nerds, all of which he watched after the kickstarter already started.

If you're familiar with mecha being handled by people who don't really care much about it, you're pretty used to seeing all this. "I only like mecha when it's the anti-mecha! I liked it when the mecha are not glamorous, because war is serious!". It's like getting into superheroes and solely reading those comics where superman is evil. Watchman brained nerds.

>>92619574
I didn't say it's not gay as hell. It's just not the basic empowerment story they get sold. They watch the first episode and squee because she wears the male uniform and it's very gay, and then they just post lots of aesthetic gifs.
>>
File: lancer 2.png (49 KB, 880x417)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>92619670
It all kind of tracks.
>>
File: GENY6w8WIAAE61a.jpg_large.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>all this talk about gays and mechs
>not a single mention of Bang Bravern
/tg/'s tastes in anime and vidya continue to disappoint me on every level. All you motherfuckers are entry level fakes, not a single one of you are gagapi.
>>
>>92613374
Complex hilt
Sturdy blade, sacrifices thrust for heavy chop & beating aside
Sai/Sword Breaker style additions
Anime-style sword/tonfa convertible
<various magic enhancements>
>>
>>92613374
You could make an argument for any sword with a complex hilt and agility sufficient that you won't tire wielding it in an extended engagement and can get it between you and attacks.
>>
>>92619712
Is Bravern actually good? /m/ seemed to like it but there was also so much shitposting I couldn’t tell what the general opinion was
>>
>>92619751
Watch it and figure it out for yourself. I was hooked after the first episode and it's only 12 episodes long regardless.
>>
>>92612814
>"You are all amazing badass queers"
My britbong monocle pops, I spill my tea, I dare to say. What's with the foul language?
>>
>>92619712
> Finally some sentient mecha
> It's yaoi
Not what I was hoping for...
>>
>>92619773
Fair enough, I’ll give it a watch
>>
>>92619670
>>92619700
I tried doing the same with TSL, but they never mention utena or anime once in the interviews I could find. It's not even brought up at all. They talk more about triad shipping in superwholock media.

More people should look up interviews of things, but also things you don't like the look of. The amount of times lately where I'm like "hmm, this really doesn't look like it's in good faith" and the interview is 90% how important they are and the haters or about how they use their work as a coercive tool or something. People just spill their guts in interviews and they're usually archived for a long time.
>>
>>92619614
If you don't like black licorice, then don't eat some and then say it's bad. You knew what it was going to taste like in the first place.
>>
>>92619786
Just bros being bros. Women will never understand.
>>
>>92613141
It is pretty standard pbta. If you like that then you might like this. If you dont like pbta then no cost of paint is going to make you enjoy this.
>>
File: 1614305651381.jpg (68 KB, 401x601)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>92616327
Haha gottem
>>
>>92619700
>>92619670
I see. Thanks. That explains why lancer felt so... "off" as a mecha something. Them being EVAfags doesn't surprise me, is there anything worse than an evafag talking about the mecha genre?

And the "I liked it when the mecha are not glamorous, because war is serious!" it's funny because I can't think of any mecha series that's actually like that. Even dark and/or depressing series (like Victory Gundam, VOTOMS, Zambot 3...) tend to have cool and good looking mechas, even the scopedog, as rugged and cheap as it looks is a very cool design (I have to get a model kit of that one).
>>
>>92612814
My wife picked it up in good faith to try with 2 lesbian friends of hers, and they ended up instead flipping through it and making fun of how lame the scenarios were. Admittedly, none of them has experience running a tabletop game, but I think they were hoping for a little more structure and swashbuckling, and a lot less virtue signalling. From listening in, it's shocking how many words the book spends on stating outright things that anyone who would buy a game called "Thirsty Sword Lesbians" would already agree with.
>>
File: en flagrant délit.jpg (220 KB, 1200x1200)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
>>92620464
Got one for them if they want swashbuckling pulp - Honor+Intrigue. It's not too mechanically dense, but has enough crunch to make fights fun.
>>
>>92619969
Pretty poor analogy because the appeal of licorice is its rich and complex flavor whereas PbtA is stale, shallow, and tasteless.
>>
>>92618895
Witch from Mercury got a ton of attention because of cute lesbian MCs and little else. I'm not even sure most of the people gushing about Suletta and Miorine have watched more than the few clips and gifs floating around. It's kinda got that same stink Netflix Voltron had where all discussion is 100% focused on fandom antics about shipping, with zero talk about the titular Mecha or the enemy monsters and other mechs. People enjoying the fandom more than the show itself.
>>
>>92620806
>the appeal of licorice is its rich and complex flavor
>>
>>92620809
NTA but I actually really love pretty much all the mobile suits in WfM, especially the Demi series, the Zoworts, and the non-protagonist Gundams. But that just makes me MORE annoyed at how underutilized they all were and how much wasted potential the show actually was. The first season was a very solid and tight experience but I feel like they either needed to trim the side stories way harder or, preferably, get a second or third season. Not to mention that for a series whose main draw was the main couple and character moments, the amount of would-be powerful moments it glosses over and then backfills the audience on is downright shameful.
>>
>>92620826
Proper black licorice instead of some shoddy corn syrup amerislop? Absolutely.
>>
>>92620846
WfM has some great designs, but you wouldn't know given the way any talk about it was dominated by
>UWU LESBIANS SHE'S LITERALLY ME
who weren't actually watching the show. Kind of a fundamental divide between the way men and women engage with their media and hobbies.
>>
>>92618766
From what I read in the comments, it seems like most of the people that play these games are fairly liberal men/women over discord and are always having trouble filling up a game. Avatar and Root seem to get some biters, but I feel like TSL and GBM were made more for the kickstarter over support and reviewer praise. Commercially these games don't seem terribly successful, but I might be wrong there.
>>
>>92621608
I doubt the commercial success is the intent so much as a side bonus. Feels like the accolades garnered for producing a game catering to a specific niche or interest is the main focus there, which it seems to have at least accomplished.
>>
>>92621635
Fair enough, and like I posted way up here: >>92615104 and from what I read in the live chats, it does seem like the target audience has fun with this sort of game, though it definitely isn't my sort of fun. I guess my only major gripe is that I think piggybacking off the success of more popular animes you find problematic and just making them "diverse" is pretty scummy.
>>
>>92621712
Yeah, I'm admittedly of two minds on it, since it's the same mindset that lead to shit like "jelly donuts" in Pokemon and turning Japan into America for Yugioh because companies believed American kids were too stupid and ignorant to understand other countries exist outside their own. But on the other hand, it's not like games like TSL harm anyone by merely existing, and if the intended crowd is making games that make them happy rather than nag the shit out of everyone for not catering to them, then I can certainly live with that.
>>
>>92615939
The movie was the part that was full gay, but I have to agree with the TV series. I like how they handled Utena and Anthy's falling out at the end of the show while making their relationship really different in the movie.
>>
>>92621175
I actually really liked Suletta and her relationship with Miorine too, but even THAT got sidelined pretty hard in S2. Pretty much the whole show from top to bottom was wasted potential, from the mechs to the lesbians.
>>92621885
>TSL harm anyone by merely existing
I used to believe that, but these shitweasels tend to be the same types that try to "localize" Japanese media and "punch it up" with their politics.
>>
>>92621885
>and if the intended crowd is making games that make them happy rather than nag the shit out of everyone for not catering to them, then I can certainly live with that.

That would be the other gripe. They are being catered to AND complaining that other games don't cater to them (as well as infestint the companies that dont cater to them or pushing forward various dei initiatives that make it financially tough), but in a perfect world they could have their make believe space lesbians game and we could have our various fantasy games with settings that didn't have to pull their punches or be "diverse" for the sake of it or else, but that's not reality and it doesn't do much good to cry over it. I'll just stick to my old or nip ttrpgs.
>>
>>92621987
>>92621990
>these shitweasels tend to be the same types that try to "localize" Japanese media and "punch it up" with their politics.
>They are being catered to AND complaining that other games don't cater to them
Well, I stand corrected. Fuck those spastic bitches.
>>
Anybody has a pdf of the extension book? From what I've seen in a review, it has additional playbooks as well as other settings, including post-apocalyptic roller derby, One Piece but with anti-TERF pirates and hyenas (as in the animals) licking each others clits.
>>
>>92621608
Ultimately, Evil Hat's business is selling books, not making good games. PbtA and FitD games are so easy to shit out that it may as well be a madlib in terms of how much work the designer has to do. The only thing they really need to focus on is presentation and that's where Evil hat comes in with the connections to get good layout and art that will attract an audience who is entirely on board with enjoying something for its symbolic value, but not its actual gameplay or writing. It's a shelf filler at best, and that doesn't matter to anyone who made it as long as it sells and they get paid.
>>
>>92612814
can u play as a gay dude
>>
We've had 1 million threads about this shit game.
>>
>>92622345
Yeah I've got it, you can find it in da archive. It has new classes too, some of them are actually kinda neat (the shapeshifting Naga class is mechanically really solid. There's also a class that's basically Columbo).

The settings are not great. They're more interesting as a read, showing the kinds of things that you can do with TSL, as opposed to actually playing in any of them.
>>
>>92622362
The art is terrible in TSL. But it is the kind of terrible that appeals to it's intended audience, they eat that stuff up. It just to be clear it not terrible for a technical perspective, but a design perspective. It's characters are designed to be intentionally unappealing to look at and ugly.
And it's kind of funny how a bunch of communists are so willing to buy product. Sure there's a rule in the book about respecting people of poverty or what ever, but Evil Hat isn't in line to give them a free copy of the book anytime soon.
>>
I don't much like lesbians... theyre kinda annoying
>>
>>92614835
>What if your character just doesn't fit any of these archetypes?
You're missing the entire point of pbta. It's not about making a super unique OC, it's about playing archetypes in a particular genre.

>>92622262
It's always important to take the word of a single polture warrior on the internet as factual truth.
>>
>>92622653
Their interview is all about how DA GAMEAN LANDSCAPE NEEDS 2 CHANGE, get fucked culture crusader.
>>
File: med.jpg (69 KB, 512x512)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>92622578
From what I understand, the release version has better art than the scans that are floating arround online. Which makes sense, cause it was a crowdfunded game and you don't want to blow your entire budget on the art department.
Googling the supplemental products shows much better art.
>>
>>92622653
Two entirely different people said it though, so it must be true
>>
>>92622345
The art style is still terrible but the name made me laugh so I already like it more than TSL
>>
>>92622704
Like I was saying, it's not so much that it's terrible from a technical skill perspective, but a design perspective. Garish colors, completely ignoring color theory when designing dark skinned characters. Weird outfits and designs in general. And it's intentional, the lesbians who are supposed to be attracted to each other, to women, are all intentionally ugly or large in Manish. None of this is new, these people make shitty art on purpose and have been doing so for years, I'm just pointing it out.
Someone brought up Lancer as well earlier, that game follows some of the same unappealing design concepts with it's art.
Often you can tell if the people who made the game despise you from the art alone
>>
>>92614561
>Watch the credits of the first of the new star wars trilogies. Ask yourself if those people care about star wars.
You're a moron if you think they don't.
>Then ask star wars fans what they thought about the movie.
Star Wars fans can't agree on shit with each other. Young fans under, like, 30 aren't worth asking because they probably think the prequels are good. Older fans, AFAIK, tended to enjoy VII if they weren't expecting it to revolutionize the franchise.
If you think any Star Wars movie was made purely by "artists," you've deluded yourself in an effort to reach your preconceived conclusion. Not even the first Star Wars matched any artistic vision. The script was severely mutilated from Lucas' original vision, and both Hamill and Ford thought (and still think) that it was derivative schlock, because it was.
You know how Harrison Ford hated being in Star Wars so much he demanded they kill his character in VII? Well, Alec Guiness did that in the original movie.
The reason Star Wars was successful had nothing to do with artistic quality; it's the sci-fi equivalent of ABBA. It was flashy and punchy and well-made and it retrod the oldest plot known to man to a T, and it turns out that this is what people want.
You don't have to like the sequels (Lord knows nobody likes IX), but don't pretend this is anything new or special just because that lets you be angry about liberals or whatever. New Star Wars is exactly the same as old Star Wars.
>>
>>92622801
I am Lancer’s strongest dickrider and I still think that game’s general aesthetic for most of its character art and its mechs is quite good. TSL is hard to even look at, but I actually enjoyed reading Lancer’s rules in large part due to the art quality
>>
>>92622792
>The art style is still terrible but the name made me laugh so I already like it more than TSL
...it *is* TSL.
Thank you for demonstrating the level of understanding people mocking TSL are paying to the thing they're mocking.

>>92622801
>large in Manish
I'm sure this won't make you like it more, but you might have missed the fact a lot of the characters depicted are trans. Which is ironic, because I would have thought you'd appreciate trans women not all passing perfectly. Certainly you'd complain if they did.
>>
>>92622801
Except the art I posted is good and the character design is good
>>
>>92622801
>Often you can tell if the people who made the game despise you from the art alone
You are literally mentally deranged if you believe this. If the art is bad they despise you? Are you gonna tell me about your gangstalkers next anon?
>>
File: 6mUs6Cf.jpg (90 KB, 696x900)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>92622809
>he demanded they kill his character
That's really always just came across as really tantrum like behavior. Dude wont even pretend to give a shit in interviews when he's making a million bucks to grin and sometimes vault over a piece of terrain. I'm glad indiana jones turned into humiliating him in his old age.
But more on topic
>New Star Wars is exactly the same as old Star Wars
Advertising and propaganda are similar but separate concepts. Both of them are selling something. Lucas mostly just wanted people to buy ewok dolls, the more innocent of the two.
>>92622824
Everyone likes the ashley woods looking ones. The others get mixed reception. For all the amount people complain mechs tend to just look like big people, his mechs really look like big people.
Looking it up the lore for this one mentions "It was never intended to be an image of man writ large" as non-glorification of war thing but man this is absolute a man writ large. I expect it to take it's helmet off. I like the design a lot but that does not look like it's bigger than 8~ feet.
>>
>>92622345
> Scissoring with giant statue
Imagine
>>
>>92622824
Lancer is not at all on the same level as TSL. And I do like the mechs actually. But I like mechs, you have to really fuck up for me not like the mechs.
But Lancers character art has this certain design language to it. You see the art and you're not at all surprised when you read about the magic space communist utopia that rules the earth.
>>
>>92622914
My bad, apparently it is just power armor. You can just use either? I sure can't tell from looking which ones have cockpits and which ones don't.
>>
>>92622914
The one you posted is literally meant to just be human+ sized dawg
>>
>>92622910
Appealing to absurdity just makes you look bad.

There’s plenty of evidence through interviews that they do in fact dislike the majority of people in this hobby
>>
I have a feeling some of the people that worked on the game caught wind of the thread. There has been quite the sudden change in tone.
>>
>>92622961
Imagine thinking you represent the majority of people in your hobby
4 chan is not real life.

>>92622914
The only thing the new SW movies want to sell is park and hotel tickets. Any "inclusivity" they have is purely so they can sell park and hotel tickets to the gays. If you can't see that, you're not qualified to be living in a capitalist country.
>>
File: lancer-rpg-mech-artwork.png (898 KB, 1920x1080)
898 KB
898 KB PNG
>>92622948
So are some of the mechs just supposed to be like 12 times the size of the others? Cause some of them are gigantic, near gundam height. There's also the Eva ones, or the ones where he just wanted to draw a spooky monster, where there's no obvious cockpit space and it makes them look enormous. Does this affect the rules or target/cover or something? Cause a dude like this looks like he kicks power armor for fun.
>>
>>92622961
And shifting the goalposts makes you look bad. You didn't say that these people hate you and have artistic taste that you dislike. You said that it was a strong correlation that bad art = authors who despise you. That's fucking schizo shit.
>>
>>92622801
Well, Lancer's busy details and hard lines tend to play nice with the greebly hard-surface mechs; though it is sometimes jarring to find art in the books that don't match that. At its best it really ties together scenes and characters, though when it breaks down characters go from Dishonored or Borderlands stylized to ugly really fast.

Like there's this piece in the downtime section of what I can only describe as mech-grandma trying to have lunch half-in-half-out of her pilot armor reading some data pad smoking a cigarette and while she isn't pretty, the whole piece is a fucking mood. I like the sparsely featured full on anime pieces you find in some sections and I wouldn't have minded if they were the whole book's style, but I get some intentionality out of Lancer's work that doesn't come through on a lot of tumblr ugly work. It suits the setting and the system I think and gives the brand a cohesive feel.
>>
>>92623005
>So are some of the mechs just supposed to be like 12 times the size of the others?
Yes. The scale of Lancer is retarded
>>
>>92622948
The fact that you can't tell which is which only further proves how shit Lancer art is. Pic related also reads as shitty power armor to me but apparently it's a two or three story tall mech. I've never had that problem with Battletech mechs even with Elemental armor being fucking tiny.
>>
>>92618766
>doesn't know if it's a joke or serious
That's called "camp," anon. It seems you wouldn't get it.
>>
>>92622345
>>92622704
I think the art is still pretty unappealing. From design, to general rendering, to anatomy, to general perspective even, it's fairly amateur and mimics modern comic art which was done by complete amateurs at the time this game was made (the likes of Erica Henderson).

And I guess to air grievances, just like a person that bases their entire identity around who they want to screw, everything about the game reeks of shallow pandering which is probably what it is made to do. I guess the strong negative reaction to this as opposed to something like Iron Claw (I think it's called) is probably due to the times and how much damage liberal/lgbt causes have done to the creative space. Furries haven't really banded together to create a political movement with institutionalized backing (yet). Either way, I find it to be a repulsive game conceptually and visually, but then "it's not for me™" which would be fine in another time where people could have their niches without being attacked by every direction. Hell, just asking for games without gay content in them will have people attacking you to no end now of days.
>>
>>92623016
I'd say the art doesn't "play well" with shit. It's a mishmashed collection of incongruent details that your brain tricks you into thinking is something coherent or cohesive.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Abbybabby is a budget James Stokoe. He uses the same "ugly" color palette that's supposed to be uncomfortable yet compelling and makes the same attempts at hard lines and a gonzo bukkake of details, Stokoe paints a fascinating and cohesive whole where each detail contributes to the overall scene or character and each and every greeble has a solid explanation behind it whereas Abby's work just looks like he slapped together a bunch of garbage he thought would make him look cool or "esoteric"
>>
File: dungeon bitches art.jpg (932 KB, 1553x1200)
932 KB
932 KB JPG
Anons who don't like thirsty sword lesbians' art: how do you guys feel about this art style?

It's from a game called dungeon bitches, another PbtA RPG about lesbians, but this one with heavy horror and dark fantasy vibes. It's got that Soulsborne "everything is hopeless and you're probably gonna die trying to change things" vibe to it, and the art tries reflects that.

Personally, I think it looks cool. It's stylized, but nice. I like how each character is just one single primary color mixed with black and white.
>>
>>92623117
>that art
>soulsborne
You really need to read more interviews from Miyazaki about the design philosophy behind the Soulsbornering games before you try to shill this tryhard dreck as Soulsborne.
>>
>>92623117
Again, very amateur. The messy lines look less like they are done on purpose and more that it's somebody trying to emulate a messy style without understanding how it works... or it's just a natural messiness that comes from a lack of practice. The posing is bad, composition is nonexistent. It looks like something you'd find on deviant art. I'd say about the only thing I like on the pic is that face on the right (is it a monster or statue?)

I think Vermis is the art direction this game is potentially going for. It's worth a look. Also, arbitrarily throwing lesbians into the crux of a ttrpg is so bizarre.
>>
>>92623117
>>92623161
>$37,000 on KS

......... I'm becoming more and more tempted to make my own ttrpg. I mean, I'm sure a big reason these succeed are due to activists and perverts... but man, after looking at a couple of pages, that level of quality for 37k is absolutely nuts to me. I bet it cost them a fraction of that to actually make this.
>>
>>92623117
I told u already... I dont like lesbeans... y make a game about lesbeins? tehyre annoyin n they sukk (not dick tho)... 2 many gams bout lesbins...
>>
>>92623117
It's not "Soulsborne" as the other anon pointed out.
Why do they have large bulbus noses. What are they overweight and chubby? Why are they intentionally designed to be unattractive and unappealing. There supposed to find each other attractive right? Being a lesbian means you're attracted to women.
Why is their art always like this?
>>
>>92623117
It looks inadvertently bad rather than deliberately bad, which I guess is kind of an improvement.

>>92623229
Coyote and Crow made slightly over a million and it's also crap. Apparently all you have to do is convince people that they're morally obligated to support your game and then shill the fuck out of it.
>>
>>92623263
I just can't get over how much they've put things like this into so many pieces of art in the book. It's a "dark fantasy" that feels like something a high-school girl who spends to much time on the internet would come up with.
>>92623292
It'd be such an easy concept to capitalize on if I wasn't already busy on other projects and don't believe in catering to people's fetishes or using any form of deception to get money. Still... you could easily do a tongue in cheek bait and switch.
>>
>>92623145
Oh the art isn't soulsborne, the writing is. Should have clarified that.

>>92623161
That's just because that this is a combat scene, and it's stylized as more chaotic. Look at this art for the Banshee class. The lines are a lot less messy, following the shape of her dress or the tears of the ghosts above her. And the longer you look, the more neat little details you find. The tears of the ghost flow seemlessly to the wedding veil she's wearing. The trail of her dress blends into the water she's standing it. The messiest lines come from the monsters in the foreground and the monster in the background.
>>
>>92618842
kek, lost
>>
>>92623391
I try not to be mean as I like to see people improve rather than give up, but that piece still look very amateur (so much so that one of the hands is on backward). The posing is boring, the fabric is not falling properly, and the details create more of a mess for the eye to get lost in more than being drawn through the picture (ie: proper composition). I imagine this artist was hired due to fitting a specific kind of person the maker of the game wanted on the project, or because they worked cheap.

If I were to give advice to the artist, it would be to study proper anatomy, appealing proportions and divisions of such (so they can break them properly if they wanted to be unappealing on purpose), form, compositions (Loomis has some great stuff on that)... but really, I'd just tell them to draw more from life. You wanna be careful taking in too much stuff from the old masters so you don't lose individuality, but this person's art is still something fairly amateur. You can even see by the way they draw the nose they don't have a terribly good grasp on form or anatomy.
>>
>>92615939
Given that you couldn't display homosexual attraction in media for a long long time (and to a large extent writers are often too cowardly to include it today) most homosexual relationships had to be hidden from view- hence reduced to something that's feasibly platonic, or at least not explicitly homosexual.

Hence a lot of gays are used to having to read in-between the lines to find homosexual representation in media. There's a lot of cases where the media super was trying to stealth-insert homosexuality (both for positive and negative representation- see how many camp villains there have been in media) and a lot of cases where they're just seeing what they want to see out of it.
>>
>>92618816
So out of curiosity- how much content would you say is open to the different sexual orientations?

Like if I wanted to bumblefuck my way through lesbian politics- would I get as much content if I was straight, bi, gay or asexual? Likewise for being cis or trans. Like- does it basically have an LGBT meta or not?
>>
>>92623391
>the writing is
I honestly highly doubt that, given the art and what little I could parse of the writing on the gays for ants in >>92623322. It looks more like a somehow gayer Morkyborgy than anything remotely Soulsborne. Hell, just by calling yourself fucking "Dungeon Bitches" you've already forfeited too much dignity in the name of paltry attempts at crass shock value to call yourself a soulslike TRPG
>>
File: anatomy.png (212 KB, 368x260)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>92623451
The anatomy is fine. The hand isn't on backwards, what you're identifying as a thumb is part of her palm. I don't see how you're saying the posing is boring, to me it portrays the character's fear and awkwardness, like they've been scared stiff. And yeah the fabric looks awkward on her, it's supposed to be ghostly and etheral - not to mention the physical body is clearly heavily emaciated and not fitted for the clothing she's wearing.
>>
>>92623518
>to a large extent writers are often too cowardly to include it today
>cowardly
It's always funny how faggots try to claim it's "cowardly" to not appeal to them, especially when you're literally paid money by ESG funds to include homos in your products nowadays. It'd be like a nazi diaperfurry with an anal vore fetish saying the only reason there's no movies about Adolf Hitler if he was hermaphrodite fox who killed all 6 million jews by shoving them up his ass and shitting them into his swastika patterned diaper is because writers are too "cowardly" to make such a film.
>>
>>92623556
Considering how her palm lines bled into her finger lines I didn't have enough visual information to see what you are. It very well could have been a thumb or a palm. One thing old Disney animators agree on is readability>skill, and this pic has neither. Are you the artist? If you're not and just an admirer, that's fine. People's taste in art is subjective.

But from a technical sense it leaves a lot to be desired.

The pose also does not portray any of what you described. There is no emotion to it. It's static. There's no flow to it, no motion, no emotion. Even her expression is mostly static with the only visual information we get being her eyebrows showings she's unhappy, but even if the artist was going for a subdued expression there are more things to do with the eyes, mouth, and chin to express that.

If you're the artist you can take or leave the help, I'm not gonna argue. If you're an admirer, then cool, glad you like the art but it's still not good art in a technical sense.
>>
>>92623594
Dude fucking untwist your panties. There are no medals in the oppression olympics.

I'm talking about when writers are clearly trying to portray a homosexual relationship without wanting to explicitly confirm it. Probably one of the more infamous examples being Legend of Korra where what's clearly and blatantly a lesbian romance is never directly acknowledged as much. Though of course- I suspect that was less an issue of the writers- and more an issue of Nickelodeon being terrified that it'd offend people like you. That said- there was a lot of fuckery with Korra in general (including taking it off air entirely and moving new episodes to the website) so the fuckery in all likelihood was probably related to something larger behind the scenes than just the gay stuff.
>>
File: 1700955711389500.jpg (30 KB, 405x322)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>92622809
Your sperging out proves my point more.
Retards like garbage. Your huge post that completely ignores my point. Shows you will attach yourself needlessly to things that don't care about you, because they are products.
You could replace LOTR in my post also. The changes weren't what I was addressing you absolute drooling fucking moron.
LGBTQ+ Is a way to sell slop to morons. The people making it don't care.
That was the point. I know you're a star wars fan. But you're even dumb for one of them.
Faggot.
>>
>>92623707
I find it fucking weird that rather than critique capitalism (which prioritizes making money over artistic expression) they attribute some global conspiracy where gay people are out to destroy straight culture to why they don't like shit.

Like you said- the people who make movies don't give a shit about gays, or about their product. They made the calculation that trying to appeal to the LGBT makes more money than not doing so, so that's what they do. And it's blatant and clunky because the people doing so don't give a shit about the LGBT. They wanted a box on a checklist ticked off.

Both sides could easily critique Hollywood for pandering to the LGBT (queerbaiting). The problem with that would be that the LGBT want well thought out naturalistic representation, and the other side wants zero LGBT representation either.
>>
>>92623594
Nigger what are you even on about none of us here want to read about your anal vore fantasies
>>
>>92623675
For what it's worth on the Korra thing, they were allowed to portray them as full on lesbians in the follow up comic, and it was just as embarrassing as when they couldn't directly talk about it in the show just from a different direction. You know those people who are fresh out of the closet and so damn excited to finally 'be themselves' that they get far too upset at anything remotely negative, no matter how supportive people are? That was Korra in the comics. She threw a bitchfit at her insanely supportive parents who tried to warn her that her more conservative kinsmen might not look kindly on a Gayvatar, only for her to all but disown them for even daring to suggest she reign it in around the homophobes.
>>
>>92623781
No, most people here don't know what that's like because you're a small minority and don't belong
>>
>>92623835
Yeah, I know I'm in the minority of thinking Korra's a total dogshit show, but you don't have to be mean about it anon
>>
>>92623667
I'm not the artist, just an admirer. But you're really giving this shit a worse rap than it deserves. It's low fidelity, stylized art. Of course it's not going to have the natural skill as the work of the fucking dutch masters, but this is perfectly fine work for a professional product, especially an indie project on a shoestring budget.

The art is nice. The artist has their own well-developed style that fits with the tone of the book. It's not good enough to put in a museum, but it's not amateurish. The details you're describing as mistakes are clearly done so intentionally.
>>
>>92623773
Neither am I. Stop participating in the oppression Olympics.
>>92623781
Yeah, but it's a lot easier to get away with stuff in the comics because nobody reads spinoff material. At least- not enough to cause some big controversy. Like I know that the comics did a bunch of other dumb shit fans didn't like- but like that shit doesn't measure up to say the controversies of how Korra was mishandled as a show in general (largely I blame Nickelodeon not committing to another season until the one prior was finished making the writers feel like they had to start from scratch each time rather than make an overarching narrative).
>>92623813
Nah- they made Korra a lesbian (or rather bi) because she'd systematically alienated every male character available over the course of the show thanks to the writers inability to write romance well. I think in general a romance with Bolin would have worked well thematically- except Korra showed off she and Bolin would have been very toxic the way she treated him and Bolin was smart enough to recognize that.

Take a chill pill. Or a chill strip. Put it on your tongue and it dissolves.
>>
>>92623901
>Stop participating in the oppression Olympics.
Says the person crying cowardice when their faggotry isn't being catered to.
>>
>>92623751
Do not try to /leftypol/ these retards, you're wasting your breath.
>>
>>92623948
Believe what you want, anon. It's mostly something I've been told by someone who went through that phase themselves and explained it as the reason why a number of younger gay people act like such divas and drama queens. A lot of the crowd for Thirsty Sword Lesbians are the same way, they're just older, fatter, and really never grew out of said phase.
>>
>>92623988
Let's not forget a lot of them are cringe teenagers. Being a teenager is all about radically redefining yourself in opposition to the way your parents raised you (so as to create a stark contrast from being a child to being an adult- a child is what you were, so an adult must be the opposite of those things), and you have a lot of cringe over-correction that eventually stabilizes once you get all the hormones out of your system.
>>
>>92618595
>How would you fix this game to give it a better chance of selling outside of its extremely niche market?
I wouldn't. I would tighten up the concept, and do a better job of exploiting and capitalizing it's niche. But I'd rather choke on a sack of d20s'.

Most important is a decsion needs to be made on what kind of tone you want, which ironically enough is something Stephen Universe had a huge fucking problem with. Do you have enough space for self parody.

I only did a quick scan, and here's what I could NOT find.

ANY mechanics for love triangles. They barely mention it.

Yaoi. Crossdresing. Actual mechanics for what a patriarchy looks like other than some vauge notion of "toxic".

Gay sidecicks/mascots.
>>
File: 31f73bafaa8a4f0a.jpg (231 KB, 782x1000)
231 KB
231 KB JPG
>>92623895
I mean, at this point all I can tell you is that you're wrong. Looking at the artists other art (in which I am using one of her better pics) you can see she is still at the amateur level. In her sketches she still does chicken scratch, her coloring is muddy, her proportions are unintentionally off and boring, her form is flat in some places. I mean, it's fine in the sense that maybe the producer of the game liked it as you do, but to the trained artist you can see the numerous issues with it that come from being unpracticed and not building off a terribly solid foundation.

I think most people with a basic understanding of art would consider it amateur. Just remember, you're the one that initially asked for people's opinions. As somebody who has made a bit of money off art myself, those are mine.
>>
>>92624140
>Gay sidecicks/mascots.
I'm wondering why they'd need special mechanics.
>>
>>92623170
Interesting how you seem to think white men are a monolith.
To reiterate, /tg/ is not representative. Most white men don't give a shit about gay pandering, or at least not enough to stop buying. Some of them actively like it.

>>92623068
Literally, and I do mean literally, nobody is forcing you to play most games with gay people in them.
The reason that TSL "isn't for you" is not because it's gay; it's because it relies on tropes, archetypes, and references that you are not familiar with. The problem is that people see this game, fail to see the appeal (because they don't understand its references and inspirations), and then decide that clearly it has no merit beyond gay. But this is not the case; it's just made for a specific audience, in the same way that a Star Trek game would involve a bunch of tropes and references incomprehensible to people who only watch sitcoms.
>>
>>92624666
>oh no they're unironic cringe
>>
>>92624452
>it relies on tropes, archetypes, and references that you are not familiar with.
>clearly it has no merit beyond gay
We're unfamiliar with them because they exclusively come from the worst type of gay subcultures, and worse, gay subcultures as seen by white women. Its a book pandering to white women who want to be the quirky gay chungus shit they read about on tumblr.

Just because there is a rejection of tropes doesn't mean there hasn't been an assessment that those tropes are awful beyond their attachment to gays.
>>
Anyone else thinking of running a campaign on it?
>>
File: knight 0.jpg (68 KB, 492x679)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>92625494
Yes, unironically.

The plot I'm thinking of is
>The two largest empires are marrying their heirs to eachother.
>If this wedding goes down, it will usher in an age of peace and prosperity for the contienent, so every small kingdom and tribe on the continent is interested in the wedding happening
>Some factions within both empires are working to oppose the wedding, some for ideological/jingoistic reasons, some for personal reasons (yandere noble of one kingdom wants to be the one to marry the princess, for example)
>The players take the role of agents of the main church of the setting, who are attending the wedding (the wedding is happening at the setting's vatican equivalent)
>They need to make sure that the wedding goes along as planned, keeping the diplomatic waters calm, keeping the bethrothed couple safe and sound, and preventing any problem to the wedding from getting to the point where it could jeopardize peace

Still not sure if I'm gonna make it gay or not. If I can shill this to my male friends, I'll probably make it just a normal fantasy setting. If only my lesbian and transbian friends are interested in it, I'll probably run it for them in a yurified fantasy setting.
>>
>>92612814
I want to make a joke about this, but I'm currently running a Touhou campaign.
>>
>>92618816
Games shouldn't have social systems, it's called ROLEplaying.
>>
>>92619969
Black licorice tastes bad regardless of whether or not anyone eats it.
>>
>>92626197
Not everyone is as charismatic or intelligent as their character. A character shouldn't be punished for something the player themselves can't accomplish.
>>
>>92623117
I see what they’re going for but I feel like it could use some more touch ups
>>
>>92625631
Sounds like a decent set-up. Honestly I think injecting a ton of gay into the politics would be fun.

Maybe one of the princesses has to drink a potion so they can grow a dick and inseminate the other princess in front of all the guests so that they know that the line of succession is secured (something the King of France did- minus that magic potion part).
>>
>>92625631
Sounds like cool premise that would neatly fit the game system.

I've been going on and on about this concept of a nonbinary-themed campaign, the sort of shit the writers of TLS would come up with but with some actual lore. At this point, I should probably shut up about it, but:
> Modern setting with sci-fi elements
> Set on an alternate Earth where humans evolved differently
> The players are all nonbinaries who are insecure and shunned by society until they are gathered by a NPC and told that their identity is an echo of what humanity once was: humans used to be an asexual species until an alien named Adam and Eve conquered Earth and remodeled humans in their glorious image by splitting them into two sexes
> Party goes on a road trip to overthrow the power in place and find a way to undo the binary that was forced upon humanity
> Party unlocks legendary "NB magic" that was nearly wiped out by Adam and Eve after they took over
> Enemies are robots and cyborgs would be shaped like hypermasculine and hyperfeminine figures. A major antagonist would be a Frank Horrigan clone named Heracles. ('Your ride's over, enbie. Time to die.")
> Adam and Eve would reveal themselves to be a mass of flesh and metal on spider-like legs, with the heads of a man and a woman attached to long tentacle-like necks.
> Ethical questions arise as forcing men and women into becoming nonbinary might make the players no better than Adam and Eve and lead history to repeat itself in the long run. The ideal ending would see the players deciding to let each individual have the choice between becoming nonbinary or staying a man or woman, with all three living in peace.
>>
>>92626524
I think just change the setting from earth, to an alien planet with human-like aliens. Turn the whole thing into happening to a hypothetical alien society. You can even keep the names the same.
>>
>>92626555
That might be more digestible than "In this campaign, humans were always meant to be nonbinary." as a pitch. Funnily enough, I was toying with the name "Deidem", which would certainly work for a planet or an alien race.
>>
>>92626609
Yeah- an outsider perspective I think would help obfuscate some issues that might provoke a more visceral response. And keep things more in good fun. It helps keep things in the realm of 'this is a hypothetical fictional setting' than 'I HAVE SOME OPINIONS I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE.'
>>
>>92626631
> And keep things more in good fun.
I hate preaching and SJW fantasies as much as the next guy, yet I found myself so invested in the worldbuilding I forgot how ridiculous a world where sexes are a perversion created by an alien Demiurge is. It would at least take some comedy to remind players it's all just one silly concept and keep things from getting awkward.
>>
>>92626752
I think it's entirely fine and in good fun to come up with such a setting. I think the whole SJW concept exists because people want shit to be mad at.

But yeah a layer of obfuscation I think would help a lot. A similar way to how I think having a fascism based setting is fine (assuming that it's good fun and not actual far-right politics) but say WH40K being both in space and in the future makes the setting a lot more fun than if it was set in like a Nazi Earth setting.
>>
>>92613275
I prefer playing the Seeker myself.
>>92612814
Played in a one shot, my Seeker ended up getting with the Holo-Goddess (I think that was what she was called) after a dueling back-and-forth over the nature of love and chaos.
>>
>>92623536
I'm a cishet guy and I got a bunch of of useful things from the game. You don't have to be gay or anything, and the game can be reskinned to work for straight shit as gay shit.
The one that that really can't be retconned out of it, really, is the romance aspect. TSL is a game made for romance storylines, and the mechanics support this. It's easier to run these sorts of storylines if everyone has compatible genders/sexualities, but you can make it work even without.

>>92626197
Okay but that's the thing, TSL encourages this! Succeeding at a social role doesn't magically make people agree with you. It just tells you, the player (and also the character) what you would need to do or offer to the character to get them to do or offer something to you. It's a system based arround finding information about your target, and then using that information to find ways to manipulate them. It's PERFECT for courtly politics.
>>
>>92626524
I kinda like this setting. If I were to suggest anything to you, I would say to make the enby magic based a lot on shamanism/spiritualism. Exemplify that humans are just souls/spirits piloting meat suits, and that spirits have no gender/sex. Maybe Adam and Eve were like some sort of Demiurge figure, who corrupted this pure spiritual existence with the corruption of matter?
>>
>>92627809
Reminds me- some native amercans (including the aztecs) thought that gender was a spectrum and the closer you were to the middle, the closer you were to the spirit-world. So non-binary people (and presumably people otherwise not cishet) tended to be picked as shamans. Some plains indians had a thing called a 'two-soul' who were also allowed to invert gender-roles, ie a woman that could take on the jobs of a man, marry woman, etc. though noteworthy that even if you got into what we'd consider a gay marriage you were expected to impregnate or get impregnated to continue your family line, but otherwise the couple were seen as having full rights over the child.
>>
>>92612890
Fpbp

>>92612814
Lesbians neither buy nor play this neither does anyone else. Presumably lebsians are all busy scissoring or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3ZfuZnErqI
>>
>>92612814
people who draw like this should kill themself
>>
File: AbndonThread.gif (4.07 MB, 640x360)
4.07 MB
4.07 MB GIF
>>92615939
You see the setting has no men
>That means that the woman on woman sex leads to kids
Which means that the entire show is straight.
>>
>>92627795
>the game can be reskinned to work for straight shit as gay shit
You could also reskin D20 Modern to use a fantasy setting, but you'd still be better off choosing a game that supports what you actually want right out of the box instead of going out of your way to find a square peg so you can sand it down to fit in a round hole.
>>
>>92627940
I... don't see what you're asking from me then. If you're not interested in taking away the gay shit, then it's pretty obvious how much you'll get from the game as a straight player. You sould have to play a gay character, or maybe some other flavor of lgbt if the GM's setting included it. If you want to play that sort of character, then that's on you.

Personally, I think the rules of TSL are good enough that it's worth trying to reskin it.
>>
>>92615939
>while Utena and Anthy's relationship felt more platonic than romantic.
So actual lesbian relationship?
>>
>>92627809
>>92627841
I'm thinking more and more of making the campaign sci-fi/fantasy, so that'd make a very fitting magic system. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm also considering a setting with "body positivity" for its theme, but that's just my fat fetish talking. Something tells me it would be harder to sell players on a world where it's desirable to be fat (or even obese, depending on how far you're willing to go) as anything more than a fetish campaign.
>>
>>92624082
IIRC the only actual woman who wasn't an artist is married to a man (I know this because I've met both of them). I think her name was something Twelves?
>>
>>92626147
>Touhou
>game where all of like three characters have shown romantic or sexual attraction to women
Anon...
>>
>>92629557
> Assuming the majority of Touhou's population isn't lesbians with how little men there are
>>
I'll run this for my friends, it will be gay as fuck but I am going to make it the most pro-monarchist propaganda game imaginable. After all before evil whitey brought democracy and vile r*publicanism most of the world was ruled by some form of monarchist system. Empowering indigenous people through the use of their traditional forms of governance, discarding such colonial ideologies like liberalism and communism. The setting will be "what if the whole world was the Holy Roman Empire" a land of thousands of baronesses, countesses, duchesses, and queens all rules by an elected empress. You will be knights of the empire, solving disputes, dispatching bandits, and thwarting the machinations of those who wish to use their wealth to expand influence and overthrow the just, divine right of rulers. I think the empire's name will be the Noblesse empire
>>
>>92629662
>I'll run this
No you won't, you just wanted to make a political point whilst pretending it's related to traditional games.
>>
>>92629691
Nope, my friends and I are queer as fuck and we're already playing a Masks game. I'll do this as a little filler game when the GM needs a break. Most of the fiction reading I've been doing has been royal fantasy romance manhwa so I'm prepared to bust it out any time
>>
>>92629662
How prevalent would lesbianism be in your world? Would every woman you meet be at gay or have kissed another girl at least once, of would it be a luxury amongst nobility?

I'm genuinely interested in what type of campaign /tg/ of all people would run on this game.
>>
>>92624197
>I'm wondering why they'd need special mechanics.
Because it's a core part of the anime genres they're referencing, and womens pop fiction in general. Samples on how you'd reprepsent them mechanically for example.

Actually, let me back up and expand this line of thinking. I'm going stream of conciousness for a bit, so forgive some sloppiness. The game is WEAK in doing a lot of things that I'd expect it to do well. It's focus is clearly on the internal psychological and romantic issues of the players. That's not a complaint. It doesn't really handle ANYTHING else except that, which is why a sample game might be what anon describes as a fucking therapy session because there's nothing else there.

Absolutely no other characters specified beyond vauge shit about toxicity. Family. Enemies. Rivals. Romantic interests. Unwanted suitors. Are the players really supposed to romance each other?

No mechanics for swords. Relatively neutral frameworks like Hogwarts. Bleach's Soul Society. Social Framework, Maho Shojo or Sentai.

Why even call it sword lesbians if there are no sword mechanics? If I were shitting on the game, I might suspect the whole point is for autogynophylic trannies to try to make RPG moderated passes at girls and seeking social validation by exploring their own psych issues.

Oh, NEGOTIATING QUESTIONABLE/UNWANTED ADVANCES. PARTICULARLY BETWEEN PLAYERS.

That's an absolute killer here. All this bullshit up front about contracts and consent, but that's a giant ticking time bomb that they're pretty much ignoring that I'd expect to potentially blow up.

TL/DR.: The point of the game is probably dating and relationships, but is weak in that. Makeups, breakups, love triangles. All that shit is skimpy.
>>
>>92624452
Differentanon, but this is a complete sack of shit. I'm not core audience, but I watched 少女革命ウテナ アドゥレセンス黙示録, other shit from Clamp and and enough of 80's She Ra, the reboot, stephen universe, and Nimona and other things they take expies from to think I could run the game. I have no problem with the game existing, but think it's shallow pandering as well. Dismissing others and calling it bigotry doesn't do the game justice.

>>92625494
Absolutely not. The idea of a romance focused RPG is a good idea though. I don't track game systems that much. .

>>92626631
>>92626857
Well, you're up front and center with non binary as a theme, even though mechanically it doesn't seem to make any sense to me beyond a flavoring of various factions.

>>92627795
Leads me to think of something else it needs. A robust REPUTATION system.

There's a conflict here in that a core of the aesthetic is LGBT refutation of the Patriarchy or whatever, But if you're going to lean into social group mechanics, then the groups absolutely have a say. In something like reboot she ra and stephen universse, there's the whole trope about swtiching sides with no complaints, that is vaugely repped in a character conflict, but nothing wider.
>>
>>92629878
>The idea of a romance focused RPG is a good idea though.
There's a whole series of Japanese romance focused RPGs out there. One has you playing a mech piloting couple, another has you as a vampire and their servant, I think another is just basic knights and nobles stuff. They're all made to be played one-on-one with the DM rather than some performative virtue signaling cringefest like TSL.
>>
>>92627917
Wrong Utena.
>>
>>92629735
The idea of it being a luxury among nobility is interesting but I was just going to have it all be girls. Maybe men existed at one point, but now it's all girls
>>92618842
The idea of hungry gun faggots lived rent free in my head so I came up with the basic setting ideas and also (1) neat mechanic idea.

Base setting is obviously a western, then there's a pirate setting, a robin hood setting (replace most guns with bows and crossbows) and an 80s new york style setting. The unique mechanic is Hunger, basically it's some sort of drive or want and the first time you Fill your Hunger in a session mark an XP. Any time you Fill your Hunger after that You instead get +1 forward in the scene. Hungers should be chosen so that they ideally happen 1-3 times a session. If you don't Fill your Hunger you are Starving, mark an XP and a Condition to carry into next session.
>>
>>92629976
Very WOD.

CRYING FREEMAN. WITH EXTRA YAOI.
>>
>>92625631
Idea 1. Make each player a Bannerman of a different supporting kingdom/tribe, possibly the church as a faction. Half for one emprie, half for the other. They're still working together, but they need to put their own side first. Players are STRICTLY prevented from TPK, as it would start a massive war.

Idea 2. Love triangles EVERYWHERE>

Idea 3. Vendors,merchants , suppliers.

Idea 4. Flesh out extended family. parents in law.

Idea 5. Have BACKUP suitors, in case the first fails.

Idea 6. Variable amounts of gayness. Warrior tribe thinks husband needs to do gay rituals to prove himself, ect.

Wildcard. Heirs really aren't into it.
>>
>>92629573
>Assuming that because men don’t show up, they don’t exist
>>
>>92629873
With all the glaring flaws you've pointed out, like the lack of dynamics, it's actually tempting to try and write an improved version of TLS 2.0 and share if for free, just to prove chuds can write better gay shit than fags.
>>
File: gud smuk.jpg (274 KB, 1078x606)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>92629976
> The idea of it being a luxury among nobility is interesting but I was just going to have it all be girls. Maybe men existed at one point, but now it's all girls
Aye, I'm good with that.
>>
>>92629976
In my gay system, you get +1 forward by telling a girl who's into you that you're gay. Triple forward if you cuck her and/or steal her boyfriend.
>>
>>92619969
You could have simply said 'yes'.
>>
>>92615356
Instead of asking him, what about you. Why do you care? Why do you care to ask him that, do you even play this?
>>
>>92615356
So you don't know?
>>
>>92613374
One of Xena's throwing anuses.
>>
>>92628956
Just say being fat is a symbol of wealth, as it was in many cultures historically (and some today). People see fat people and dollar signs show up in their eyes. And I think you can easily sell wanting to be fat easily by saying 'hell yeah I want to sit on my ass all day and eat a shit-ton of food. Do you KNOW how much hard work being a peasant it? Indoor plumbing doesn't exist!'

I know you said sci-fi but maybe it's like star wars where medieval social norms still prevail.
>>92629976
Tell me that there's a system where girls grow futa focks to impregnate their lesbian wives.
>>92630189
>I'm gonna face you on your own level and beat you at your own game! I'm gonna gay so much harder than you just to prove how straight I am!

I'm down for this. Sounds hilarious.
>>
>>92629878
>Dismissing others and calling it bigotry doesn't do the game justice.
I didn't call it bigotry, though. In fact, I was very clear about that. Maybe let's not attack each other for imagined slights.

>>92629735
>would it be a luxury amongst nobility?
I feel like the reverse makes more sense. The nobility have to marry to produce heirs, unless in a society (like Rome) where adoption is seen as a legitimate way to continue a dynasty; whereas the lower classes wouldn't care nearly as much, unless religion made a big deal out of it.

>>92631357
>Tell me that there's a system where girls grow futa focks to impregnate their lesbian wives.
My extremely liberal ass made this part of my setting, but it's not meant to be a good thing. They only do it under pressure from their noble parents to produce an heir if they have no brothers to take care of the legacy. Also, half the time they're not actually lesbians, just women with no brothers and a heaping of family issues.
I guess you can still masturbate to it, though.
>>
>>92631477
I'm reminded of the 'bored futa yang' image. Where the artist made a futa girl, but they just have this despaired bored expression while they're fucking a girl.

I guess girls just have to lie back and think of england then.
>>
>>92630033
I like the bannerman idea a lot, probably gonna go with that. Ideas 5 6 and the wildcard I probably won't go with; it would make the plot less of a romance, which I feel goes against the point of the system.
>>
>>92622883
It's quite dire.
>>
>>92631511
That's certainly the intention. It's meant to be a noble society with the magical tools to propagate patrilineal dynasties even in the absence of a patriarch, so it's not too concerned with the involved women's sexual pleasure. And metacontextually, it's meant to be understood as a bad thing, and contrasted with the more honest and free queerness available to lower class women.
That said, I'm sure some of them do enjoy it. They definitely would by hentai logic.
>>
>>92631685
It'd be funny to see like an odd-friendship form from like a 'straight' futa girl who absolutely loathes her societal obligations of having to impregnate women, and then one who absolutely revels in it.

Maybe the 'straight' futa girl has a really hot and really horny wife that she can't stand being with cause all she wants is sex, and is trying to pass her off to anyone else.
>>
>>92622999
I represent the majority of the hobby.
>>
>>92623391
Did you mean to say a lot more messy? Jesus you must be blind or something
>>
>>92623391
She isn't wearing a veil.
>>
>>92623518
Why should they be represented?
>>
>>92623895
It isn't stylized. "Shitty" is not a style.
>>
>>92623895
The art is certainly not nice. It's not even adequate. It is extremely amateurish.
>>
>>92624770
See what I mean?
>>
>>92631785
How much of reality do you want to depict? Sewage workers aren't really something we tend to want to think about all that much, but you have to admit it'd be weird to go out of your way to avoid depicting them as existing in society.

Likewise gay people exist in a society, and when you depict a society you'd expect them to come up in the same way that a bartender or guy in a wheelchair would come up.

And likewise I think even before gays could afford to come out of the closet, people tended to try to depict that segment of society. Again- see how many camp villains they are- even if they aren't explicitly gay there was clearly at least some inspiration.
>>
>>92630181
Yes. The things that exist in a work are those that are depicted in the work.
>>
>>92614754
I'm just wondering what the Thirsty Sword Lesbians' plan is to bring the world back to life when they are incapable of creating human life without male cells.

Probably, like, magic or something. Glitter possibly.
>>
>>92631914
>Ursula is literally modeled on a drag queen, but people still ignore the reality of stealth queer representation.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Though I'm certain at least some camp villains were made just because someone encountered someone in the LGBT not understanding that they were, but just found them an entertaining personality and took inspiration from there. Again- since the LGBT movement has been closeted for so long it can be hard to pinpoint everything exactly.
>>92631941
Are we gonna enter weird fantasy pro-life lesbian politics?
>>
>>92619712
Witnessed
>>
>>92631932
>>92631941
Nowhere in the prompt did it say cishets were all dead. Maybe learn some reading comprehension.
>>
>>92631357
>Just say being fat is a symbol of wealth, as it was in many cultures historically (and some today). People see fat people and dollar signs show up in their eyes. And I think you can easily sell wanting to be fat easily by saying 'hell yeah I want to sit on my ass all day and eat a shit-ton of food. Do you KNOW how much hard work being a peasant it? Indoor plumbing doesn't exist!'
>I know you said sci-fi but maybe it's like star wars where medieval social norms still prevail.
You know what, yeah. I first thought of making the fat characters the underdogs, but that'd just be redundant after the enbie campaign and a noble setting lends itself better to an overwhelming fat cast, the game's social mechanics as well as plenty of feasts. I could default to fantasy for a genre, but I'm thinking more along the line of a modern fantasy under feudalism:

Only noble families would know magic, as each would have descended from witches who, instead of being hunted and tried for their practices, were revered for their good deeds and became this setting's equivalent of knights. Just like their virtuous ancestors, young well-fed nobles with magical gifts would be expected to use them to serve their subjects, instead of keeping it for themselves. Outside of political intrigues and soap operas, action would arise from duel events or when rebel groups or rival nations acquire magic and start wreaking havoc. PCs would throw hands and maintain their perfect figures by casting spells and fly or teleport themselves around their foes.

Just like that, you're not playing as lazy fat cats but proactive figures that are loved by commoners. As for lesbians and queerness, nobles would already indulge in eating, with fatness and obesity being not only a mark of opulence but also conventional beauty among them; loving the other sex would be viewed as another one of life's pleasures.

(Come to think of it, isn't there a political/noble setting in TLS' expansion book?)
>>
>>92632051
(Posting another fatsbian couple from the same artist because their style looks nice)
>>
>>92632072
>>
>>92632494
You can include trans women in lesbian spaces and still not want ot fuck them. Any human is allowed to refuse sex from any other human for any reason, even bad reasons.
>>
>>92632481
Back on topic to what, kvetching about how much we don't like TSL's art? What a waste of a thread. We're 280 posts in, let's just be off topic for a bit.
>>
File: SCUM.png (1.03 MB, 572x853)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
>>92632519
>>92632481
>>92632401
>Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to women, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females only to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation and destroy the male sex.

Sounds like a good campaign hook!
>>
>>92632494
>I literally can't imagine someone disagreeing with me unless they are lying.
It's called Theory or Mind and you are meant to develop it before you are 10 years old.
>>
>>92632519
I mean, fair. Just worried about jannies.
Eh, who am I kidding. They'd be doing us all a favor.
>>
>>92632990
Leave them alone, it's not their fault they learn everything they know from an Indian Brewing website.
>>
You guys mind? Trying to talk about gay worlbuilding here.
>>
>>92629976
> I was just going to have it all be girls. Maybe men existed at one point, but now it's all girls
Make sure your setting also includes every ethnicity regardless of geographical location. It's no fun if it's all-white, all-black, etc.
>>
File: DnD 6e.png (1.04 MB, 850x1100)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
>>92633544
Fine.

What's the best way to make a coven of terf witches the badguys of my setting?
>>
>>92633676
oh man that game is BAD, like, impressively hilariously bad.
>>
>>92633676
Maybe trans witches have the same powers as other witches but the TERF side of them consider them a blight on their kind for being AMAB - like Death Eaters want to genocide Muggle-borns and "Mudbloods." Maybe you should run that campaign on TLS for your sanity though. The cover isn't much, but it's not as fugly as your pic.
>>
>>92633739
please, believe me when I say it is worth tracking down a copy of bellum maga and reading it
the author's transformation fetish and misandry drip from it like the nicotine off my grandpappy's ceiling. There's like 3 different pages showing men being turned into cigarettes and then smoked (in a way that's meant to make the witch look mysterious hot and sexy).

The system is bad, unbalanced stuff, but that's secondary to the fact that the author is just off her fucking rocker in a way you can feel from the writing.
>>
>>92612814
so to wrap things back around, any ideas on how you *would* present a better take on TSL' concept, people?
mechanical improvements aren't hard to think of. more thinking what you prompt the table with and how you construct a tone that's interesting but still open to interpretation

some of my first exposure to tabletop was indie gay shit, tsl, lancer. I liked the designs but it always felt a little lacking in guidance in how to actually run and a little unclear on what it was trying to be..
I lean a little more simulationist than pbta usually and imo 'let's all be angsty sexy lesbians' or whatever could be fun for an afternoon if you focused the design on that, but it's a little more vapid than tsl wants to pretend lol. idk.

I think you could do some fun individual worldbuilding stuff but I don't really get what it's trying to do with genre. I mean maybe I get the gist, but. the game suggests this radical romantic fantasy kind of world but I don't think it really supplies or supports the nuanced and surprising character + expressive decisions that would make that actually interesting. it feels gimmicky and cheap

maybe someone can point me to a better take, I'm just spitballing. I do think the game hits on something it just doesn't seem all that great to play
>>
>>92633770
please tell me you have a pdf of it
>>
>>92633804
I like TSL mechanically. The ONLY thing it needs is more robust combat rules (more robust than what they provide as optoinal bonus combat rules anyway), but that's true of all PbtA games.

But if you relaly don't like PbtA, then you should really look into a game called Blue Rose. It's a fantasy game that tries to present tabletop throuth the lens of Romantic Fantasy - The works Mercedes Lackey, Diane Duane and Tamora Pierce instead of Robert E. Howard style swords and sorcery.

It's setting is also incredibly progressive, with nonbinary genders, transgenderism, homosexuality, and polyamory being perfectly accepted parts of society (at least in the good-guy kingdom).
>>
I like the part where the art implies that only ugly women are lesbians.
>>
>>92633891
I actually am a big fan of PbtA, it's more frustration with a few parts than dislike of the framework.. I love Apocalypse World itself.
I haven't run it yet but I'm not convinced of the way the rules model relationhips and social forces, the strings just feel a little awkward. i think my main feeling though is that the game is about big complicated feelings (social, political and personal), and the moves + rules seemed to be there to perform them in a narrow way, but not to really explore or support them at the table or in the worldbuilding. idk. might try to find someone who's run it, bc maybe I'm just being overly critical and it works well at the table
I've heard of blue rose but not checked it out, so maybe time to get around to that! thanks
>>
>>92634000
The strings system rules. Getting them always feels useful because you can trade them in to get huge bonuses on the three most important moves: learning info about someone, socially influencing them, or healing them after combat (the best way to win combat in TSL is to just accpet that you're going to take damage, and heal it up after the fight).

The gameplay loop of getting a string on someone, spending that string to find out what it would take for them to do you a favor, and then offering them what they need in return for that favor is incredibly fun to play, and is the best way I've seen social influence done in an RPG.
>>
>>92634075
ok, it definitely seems it's worth another look with fresh eyes. I still think I'll have notes for improvement after playing it, but hey, if it makes a fun and engaging core loop then that's a victory
>>
samefagging shillnigger
>>
>>92634646
nobody samefags on a thread in bump limit nigger, calm the fuck down
>>
retard
>>
Well, that was a fun. Will definitely archive it for the commentq on the game mechanics as well as the setting ideas.
>>
>>92634791
lotta shit in this thread to sift through just to find the diamonds
>>
>>92634810
That 4chan for ya. I hope another thread to further discuss worldbuilding like >>92625631 and >>92629662 and other LGBT-themed settings comes up without the background monkey noise.
>>
>>92615793
Never post about Utena again you don't get it. There are so many differences between TSL and Utena and this is what you think?
>>
>>92623322
>like something a high-school girl who spends too much time on the internet would have come up with
spot on, it's kind of the charm to me though, the naivety and ugliness. it *is* embarassing and I don't think it's 'good' artistically or as a game, I don't think there are many people I'd want to show it to or run it with.
>>92623551
'Dungeon Bitches' is fitting and aesthetically interesting. I've read it and I think they actually explained pretty well why they used the language they did. I don't think shock value is the point at all, whatever it's flaws I really think they made it for themselves. not remotely soulslike though, ya, if anything more like mork borg (which *is* vapid shock value imo, sprinkled with a few bits of cool heavy metal imagery and lore)
>>92629662
>>92634877
you can do a sequel game where you play as gay male indigenous warlords, to even it out and complete the dialectic
>>
>>92634993
>you can do a sequel game where you play as gay male indigenous warlords, to even it out and complete the dialectic
This is one of the optional settings in the second TSL book. The warlords are called Gaylords and the factions are called Fagtions. No I am not making this up.
>>
>>92634993
>gay male indigenous warlords
Ave
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 184x274)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>92612814
Can I rename this to Thirsty Sword Twinks and run Dune with it?
>>
>>92634993
>it's kind of the charm to me though, the naivety and ugliness.
So I'm not the only one with a guilty pleasure for the art style and the colorful 2010s Tumblr lesbian OCs in general?
>>
>>92635563
SOVL
>>
Writing down one last idea for a campaign so I don't forget it:
> Fantasy setting
> Female PCs forge contracts with powerful giantesses who will obey almost any order, under the condition that they accept to become "theirs" and regularly indulge in their desires.
> It doesn't matter whether their clients are driven by noble or selfish goals, such as protecting their home or leveling an entire city. The giantesses are too detached from the matters of little people to care. All that matters is that their clients keep their end of the bargain.
> Contracts could either blossom into loving relationships between both parties or eventually bite the clients in the ass.
>>
>>92631145
Hello???
>>
>>92631145
nta but open to interpretation, no? like this is a game about imagination. sometimes in an imaginative exercise someone gives a dumb prompt (like 'defensive sword') and you interpret it anyway. like maybe it has incapacitative or shielding magic installed, maybe it represents a tradition of defensive swordplay, maybe it's just good for parrying but not very good for inflicting injuries
>>
>>92635018
wtf really lol.
>>92635563
some of it; some of is just garish and annoying and I don't really get it. but I generally like lesbo stuff lol. like obv spans the gamut and some is just derivative, but people making exactly what they like with little regard for taste is very fun sometimes lol
>>92635859
wow. I'd never have thought of that lol
>>
>>92632990
>having to analyse other peoples thought processes is gaslighting
I thought you people loved empathy or was that a lie as well?
>>
So my GM is pumped for my oops all HRE lesbians setting, I was thinking about the politics of lesbianism and I think I might have it so that noble couples are typically unable to reproduce (ie, both have pussies or both have cocks) and then they find a person to be the other part of the reproductive process to have however many kids they want. They probably try to stick to 1-2 to try and keep succession simple, non-landholders and non-nobility probably pair up more freely, with couples and polycules that can reproduce being more common. That said despite this, nobility (landed and unlanded) probably makes up a whopping 5-10% of the population.

I'm thinking of having a typical "old world" and "new world", the old world made of 3 continents that meet around one point, that spot being the capitol of the empire and will be fantasy lesbian Constantinople. The new world will have recently joined the empire of Noblesse after a long period of warm relations and a domino effect of tribes and societies joining the empire at once.
>>
>>92631626
My thinking, and I'm not selling it, is that the system is geared towards messy relationships, and that having the plot drive towards the ONE TRUE PAIR makes it predictable and takes away from player agency. EG something like start BEFORE the bethrothal, where there's negotiations on exactly who gets married to who.

This allows for complications a player deciding to woo the bride, or one of the key pair gets greviously injured, and becomes a vengance seeking rival, or whatever.

>>92630189
I think it's not worth the effort. Go make something sellable.
>>
>>92637431
Each house has their own candidate that they want to be in the Big Wedding. The other candidates are accceptable, and the successful wedding is most important, but there's a clear pair of super winners.
>>
>>92637431
Maybe messy romances for the players, but for the actual campaign I'm trying to capture Princess Bride type feelings. The power of true love overcoming everything and making the world a better place.
>>
>>92637504
Right. Stick with the OTP then.
>>
>jannies deleted 40 fucking posts
lol
>>
What if all-gay settings just used storks to have kids? We forget it with how much art there is out there, but futa is kind of a niche and not up everyone's tastes.
>>
>>92638632
Storks is pretty good, if I wanted to de-/d/ my setting I might make it that one of the common holy rituals that is performed is basically making a prayer baby
>>
>>92634993
>'Dungeon Bitches' is fitting
Which means it's not soulslike at all.
>and aesthetically interesting.
We'll have to agree to disagree, I've not been remotely impressed by anything shared on it
>>
>>92637086
>you people
Wow, racist
>>
>>92638632
Quit trying to find grounds to reject transbians under, TERF
>>
>>92638632
>>92638669
That could also explain why there is no longer an opposite sex (if it ever existed) in a way that isn't "A virus wiped them out" or "They were all killed by the other half of the population." In an all-lesbian setting, storks could have mysteriously run out of male babies to deliver, forcing women to adapt and toughen up in order to fill the gap left, or the child-offerinh deity could have decided to stop giving boys because they thought men brought too much pain and conflict and noticed a major improvement when they were out of the picture. This could also set up a conflict where the first boy in centuries is born and both people and powers would be split on what it means and whether he should be raised and loved like any other child or killed to "prevent" a new era of war.
>>
>>92638761
Please be quite the adults are talking.
>>
>>92638831
>Please be quite
ESLs aren't people, much less adults
>>
>>92638788
That would also justify >>92633654. Storks or deities might not necessarily care if they deliver a Black baby in not-Europe or an Asian baby in not-Africa. If anything, this could be done on purpose to bring humans closer together in spite of differences. Plus there would be no cultural conflict between people of different ethnicities but one nation, as they would have all grown with the same Native culture and traditions.
>>
>>92638632
No, pregnancy works the normal way: two girls kiss in a field of lillies while surrounded by a shower of sparkles, and one or both of them becomes pregnant.
>>
>>92638788
>In an all-lesbian setting, storks could have mysteriously run out of male babies to deliver, forcing women to adapt and toughen up in order to fill the gap left, or the child-offerinh deity could have decided to stop giving boys
Could be that all the male deities (or masculine energies if you are more into esoteric stuff) vanished one day and that's why there are no more male babies. Maybe they got tainted in a similar fashion to wheel of time.
>>92638948
>Plus there would be no cultural conflict between people of different ethnicities but one nation, as they would have all grown with the same Native culture and traditions.
Anon your ethnicity is not decided by skin colour.
>>
>>92638951
What about boys? Do they cuddle and one of them gets malegnant?
>>
>>92639070
>boys
ew
>>
File: boi.jpg (56 KB, 1080x700)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>92639070
No boys just fuck
>>
>>92638788
So. This does remind me of a religion I made up for a yuri ck3 game I was playing. Basically it reframes Lilith not as a harlot, but as the first nun for refusing to have sex with a man. Figures like Sappho are considered saints for praising the pure love between women. This could be a similar situation. Perhaps two virtuous women fell in love and kept themselves from the lust of the masculine. They were killed for their transgressions against society and the gods, dismayed by this, gave them their own divine powers. Their love then brought about an unexpected child: A new, different world of whom they may be goddesses of. The religion would be effectively monotheistic (The goddesses are inherently bound to one another, to treat them as separate would be sacrilege), perhaps with a yearly festival honoring the Gods of the Far for their recognition of the Holy Couple
>>
Why are yurifags so detestable? Goddamn
And I say that as someone who actually likes yuri.
>>
>>92639177
Because they're ugly, contemptible creatures that feel threatened by the mere thought of a man. Just look at this thread.
>>
>>92633676
Hmm, they're feminists, but they don't like trannies. Tough call.
>>
>>92633891
>I like TSL mechanically
Literally how? It's PbtA, it barely has mechanics
>>
>>92639317
I like the social mechanics. Every other mechanic is bad - I would never do a combat focused campaign with TSL - but for a social/political/investigation focused capmaign, especially one with romance sub-plots, it's perfect.
>>
>>92639149
So Lilith and her lover are fused into one and given their own lesbian world? Sounds cool. Although, going from the same premise, I think I'd make it an island or a small continent like Atlantis where the lesbian society/species lives in peace but is at risk of being found and invaded by the nation that killed their goddesses, to add some conflict.
>>
>>92613211
>The game I saw it compared to is a """game""" in which you get exp for airing your trauma, so I'm not sure. The guy I watched still had some standards when he reviewed it and said he had fun, but since then he had lost all his friends and will give games glowing reviews so long as they embrace lgbt themes
ok I'll bite. Link me to the onions review.
>>
So long to this thread. Fun was had.
>>
>>92641742
It was shit. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
>>
>>92642012
The tail end was nice
>>
>>92642288
Nah
>>
>>92641742
If your definition of fun is having the self-mutilated, rainbow-haired landwhales coming out of the shadows to defend their wet fart of a game system and setting, then sure
>>
>>92642479
I was here for the yuri worldbuilding.
>>
>>92642761
Which was shit and reeked of trannoids.
>>
>>92638754
yes, I agreed with you; not remotely soulslike imo
>aesthetically interesting
I meant that the name 'dungeon bitches' is consistent with, and not a detraction from, the parts of the game that *are* aesthetically interesting; without that sensibility it'd just be a more amateurish all-female mork borg type of thing; but on the whole it's still a narrow appeal
>>
>>92642768
I don't wanna baw, I want to go back 25 years and be a cute blonde haired shota.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.