[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Rule of Cool aka "Arquitens Rule" edition

A thread for discussing the Star Wars franchise and its various media and tabletop games.

Previous thread: >>92578614

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing, Armada, and Legion
>https://pastebin.com/9puqx1ze

Star Wars Roleplaying Games (d6/d20/FFG)
>https://pastebin.com/iUriRfaA

Other FFG Star Wars tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Old links
>https://pastebin.com/yUVx32wB

Latest AMG news:
>New Battle Force documents.
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/star-wars-legion-documents
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/star-wars-legion-transmissions
>https://twitter.com/atomicmassgames/

Latest Edge news:
>https://edge-studio.net/a-new-hope/
>https://edge-studio.net/star-wars-edge/

Unlimited links:
>https://starwarsunlimited.com/articles/
>https://swudb.com/
>https://www.felttable.com/swu

Shatterpoint:
>https://www.atomicmassgames.com/swp-rules/

TQ: Do you accept that Rule of Cool and not retarded "realism" is the most important thing when using ships of any kind in Star Wars? Do you apply Rule of Cool in your games?
>>
>>92622534
>Do you accept that Rule of Cool and not retarded "realism" is the most important thing when using ships of any kind in Star Wars? Do you apply Rule of Cool in your games?
No because star destroyers being in SWTOR are stupid
>inb4 achtually they aren't
they still look the same
>>
Can the jabba slug people become jedi or are they naturally evil?
>>
File: 1549256431539.png (190 KB, 480x425)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
agghhh!
>>
File: 170.png (300 KB, 374x493)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>
aaagghh
>>
>>92622573
Pic related looks like it could just be a ship in the Galactic Civil War. Explain how its different in any way from say, a MC80.
>>
>>92622534
I love you all. /swg/ is the best general of 4chan(el )
>>
>>92622641
In EU at least there is one Hutt that became a (dark) Jedi. I don't remember the story real well but I think he was a Jedi before becoming a dick. Princess Leia beat him in a lightsaber fight or something.
>>
File: 1542135626469.png (448 KB, 759x543)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
I don't like how common Jedi Masters became. In the OT it was only Yoda, even Obi-Wan was a Jedi Knight, not a Jedi Master. Then he's not only a master in AOTC but on the council in ROTS. Also morons like Coleman Trebor are fucking masters. Jedi Masters stopped feeling special.
>>
>>92622870
They also blurred the lines with Yoda going from a sage to a backflipping frontliner, which undercuts the word "master" in the first place.
>>
This one makes a lot less sense, but as a kid I always thought a green lightsaber was special and represented something higher or more prestigious than a blue lightsaber, or more in tune with the force. Then it turns out half the jedi had green lightsabers and a lot of them were shitters.
>>
>>92622904
Image saved
>>
File: IMG_20240202_120234.jpg (2.07 MB, 3200x2400)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB JPG
Decided to paint my Rebel Commandos in desert camo
>>
>>92622870
Actually, Kenobi was a Knight in AOTC. He became a Master in TCW when Anakin was a Knight, and then he was on the Council.
>>
File: 1680976696218675.jpg (87 KB, 750x978)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>92622870
The council all being masters was fine but it goes a little overboard when pretty much every other significant Jedi we see is a master or padawan. Only major knights I can think of are Anakin and Aayla?
>>
File: The Galaxy.png (3.05 MB, 1471x1321)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB PNG
Anybody got pic related in better quality? The only version I could find was from some r*dditor who added a bunch of disney planets to it.
>>
>>92623319
>being this autistic
>not putting in Disney planets into Legends
Seek help.
>>
>>92623319
I don't know if this has "disney planets" or not because it has a ton.
>>
File: 00-galactic-map.jpg (579 KB, 1500x1500)
579 KB
579 KB JPG
>>92623319
This is the best I could find online.
>>
Veers
6 stormies with missile launchers
tank

How's my list?
>>
>>92622870
If I had to play devil's advocate for that, you could say the oversaturation of masters who suck is a good indicator for the Jedi failing by the time of the clone wars and being ripe for Sheev to purge them in their time of weakness. Remember three of them dying to him in all of two seconds. Was this intentional by Lucas? Probably not.
>>
File: 43543.jpg (247 KB, 1080x1339)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>92624930
>Was this intentional by Lucas?
It could be. in the Revenge of the Sith novel which is based off of Lucas drafts, Yoda reflects on his mistakes with Qui-Gon's spirit and says his ancient teaching methods are in part to blame for the order's stagnation. The EU doubled down on this general idea by having several council members be centuries old as well, there's Yaddle of course but also Oppo Rancisis and Yarael Poof. It's also ambiguous whether Plo Koon is 300 or if that's just because Dorin is stuck between two black holes.

Also because there was no war there was plenty of time for Jedi to attain masterhood without actually having much fighting prowess desu. Being more skilled at diplomacy and philosophical matters. So you have a whole generation of padawans who had relatively easy Jedi careers and inevitably became masters. The Clone War probably picked them off pretty fast though with the lack of battle experience leaving a lot of knights and padawans being promoted to knighthood faster.
>>
>>92622534
>Do you apply Rule of Cool in your games?
It's Star Wars, you kind of have to. You will never win a pro-realism argument in the setting about space wizards.
>>
File: Beldorian.jpg (299 KB, 800x592)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>92622641
Beldorian was a hutt Jedi, and he was a beast with like 4% body fat.
>>
File: 158.jpg (819 KB, 3327x781)
819 KB
819 KB JPG
>This fungus mf is older than Yoda
>One of the few living Jedi to have encountered Sith
>>
>>92622881
>which undercuts the word "master" in the first place.
No it doesn't
>>
>>92624888
How do you kill things that aren't weak to missiles? Tank's only shooting at one unit a round.
>>
>>92626102
This is awful.
>>
File: GKp9CAeXsAYAozJ.jpeg.jpg (102 KB, 1185x735)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
given the bad batch finale is next week, lets hear some wild theories/predictions

shit like
>in an attempt to stop emerie freeing the kids, hemlock issues order 66 and it actually works because she has an inhibitor chip
>>
>>92626739
the bad show
>>
>>92624703
>>92623319
They're the same picture.
>>
File: 1692661873555201.jpg (119 KB, 700x600)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>92622697
as for me... i think this shit is just retarded and the precedent exists purely because of KotOR
>>
File: codyhumanized.jpg (35 KB, 720x720)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Though of some ways to have humanized clones and no inhibitor chips with only minor rewrites to ROTS and TCW seasons 1-5.

>1. A fair amount of Jedi fall to the darkside

That's why Order 66 officially exists in the first place. And Jedi that fall should on average be much subtler than Pong Krell. Lastly it can be presented to the clones as a Mercy Kill if they were attached to their Jedi.

>2. It's ordered during TCW for certain Jedi and not just by Palpatine

Order 66 should be a protocol that is applied to Pong Krell, Quinlan when he goes dark disciple, and Ahsoka when suspected she bombed the temple. It should also be able to be ordered by people besides sheev such as Republic Naval admirals and even the Jedi council.

>3. Only the 501st and Coruscant Guard know about operation Knightfall

The rest just think their Jedi fell and they're stopping their general from becoming a monster.

>4. No "Yes my lord." or "The time has come."

Not a title of the Chancellor.

>5. The majority of Clones should be stunned bystanders

All it takes is for a few of them to take the initiative while the rest just let it happen.

>6. Have them hesitate and mourn in subtle ways if they were shown to have good relations with their General

Like pic related

>7. Have them struggle to or refuse to personally kill younglings.

I know the "Yes sir even the children." is a beloved meme but it doesn't mesh well with Clones as things besides meat droids. If you want the reason why K'kruk saved them have it because the troopers there were incredibly agonized and hesitant over killing unarmed kids.

Realize I'm probably gonna get shit but its 4chan so that's expected.
>>
>>92622697
these "two flat shapes at a right angle" designs always look like ass
>>
>>92627340
(cont)

>8. Why do some Clones stay with the empire

They can't live with the truth. They have to pretend what they did was right otherwise they'd break.

>9. Rebel Clones

Rebel due to self hatred, resentment at the Republic now empire for 'tricking them', and anger that the human rights they expected once the clone war was over never came. They are not heroic freedom fighters. They are broken men who hate the galaxy and themselves motivated almost entirely by revenge and a warped sense of atonement.
>>
>>92627340
>>92627435
An issue relating to all this is simply what we see of the Jedi as a whole. In the CWMMP the Jedi were overall much less amicable almost all the time, many of them being much more professional and even cold. Same for the clones themselves.
>>
File: tenor-1260750295.gif (1.86 MB, 480x270)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB GIF
>>92627340
>>92627435
Get a life, fatso.
>>
>>92623199
I mean, we saw Obi-Wan in each rank (one per movie) in the prequels. Same with Anakin, really, starting with him effectively as a youngling in TPM.
>>
File: norespect.gif (49 KB, 640x360)
49 KB
49 KB GIF
>"When I was a Padawan I asked my master whether I should be worried about romantic attachments. He told me, 'trust me kid that won't be a problem.'"
>"I offered to be the genetic base for the clone army, Kaminoans turned me down because they wanted a humanoid template."
>>
>>92627494
Not to mention that what that dude is suggesting completely dulls the grand reveal. The entire genius behind Order 66 is that it's a mass execution order hiding in plain sight: if you're not closely paying attention (and the Jedi weren't), you don't notice that the wording of the Order is such that there is no non-lethal option for arrest and trial. If it's invoked even partially early before the time is right, Palps would be courting early discovery of that fact.
It doesn't even solve the issue. Why are the 501st and Coruscant Guard ok with mass slaughter of the Jedi? What explanation exists for them that you can't easily extend out to the rest of the Clone Army?
>but it doesn't mesh well with Clones as things besides meat droids
That's because that is exactly what they are. The good news is that just like regular droids, without frequent applications of control methods (a strict chain of command and loyalty to your brothers and the Republic instead of regular mind wipes) they can develop their own personalities and loyalties, essentially becoming human in the process. It's just that Palps foresaw that particular hurdle and prepared for it to make his extermination of the Jedi go off without barely a hitch.
>>
File: 1636209232914.jpg (121 KB, 819x1024)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvsvGem9Ex8
>>
>>92627340
>>92627715
I think the inhibitor chip works fine and doesn't really change the EU clones overall, it's just another midi-chlorian situation where we learn more about the inner workings of their minds. It's kind of like a matrix upload to the brain of indoctrination. The clones are tricked into believing what they do and many of them only begin to reconcile that programming with their experiences before the activation of the chip a lot later on, then PTSD sets in or they go into denial.
>I know the "Yes sir even the children." is a beloved meme but it doesn't mesh well with Clones as things besides meat droids.
Again you could just say that's them resisting their programming a little. Like the way Rex tries bargaining with Jesse which causes some hesitation in him but he still remains committed to following Order 66, their brains are still able to process new information, they're not complete drones. The 501st Journal can still work within that. Some clones were hesitant but still went along with it, maybe in some cases their chips weren't even effective and they made the choice themselves to go along with the crowd, similar to Crosshair who removed his and remained loyal.

I suppose the only headcanon I'd throw in there is that the effect of the chip is generally more severe for clones who were closest to the Jedi like Rex or Cody. It has to work overtime on them. There's also situations where they flat out don't follow the order like Ion Team or Delta Squad. But even in canon they've said that not all clones did comply, we just haven't seen an example of that yet afaik. Some batches of clones just had faulty chips, even among commandos.
>>
>>92627715
>the grand reveal
A twist isn't really worth all that much. Not to mention, from the moment clones showed up in AotC, it was obvious that these dudes were proto-Stormtroopers, made from a completely amoral killer.
>Why are the 501st and Coruscant Guard ok with mass slaughter of the Jedi?
The Coruscant Guard were raised in secret on Coruscant to be secret police. In BF2, the 501st were essentially in with Palpatine in the same way, since that was before they were up-shifted in relevance.
>>
>>92627340
>>92627435
Or, we could go with the original version. The clones felt no loyalty to the Jedi, only the Republic/Palpatine. See how easy that is?
>>
>>92627924
>The Coruscant Guard were raised in secret on Coruscant to be secret police.
And the Clone Army was raised in secret to be utterly loyal to the Republic as represented by the Supreme Chancellor, what's your point? You don't need to 'elevate' anyone, they're all indoctrinated heavily since birth and the chip only acts as a restraining bolt to maintain that conditioning in extreme cases where there might be emotional conflict at being a good solider and following orders. What you're suggesting fixes a 'problem' that doesn't exist and only serves to make the story less interesting.
>>
>>92627859
A better implementation of the chip which would have been more consistent with existing lore would be for it to affect them on a conscious level, rather than basically mind-controlling them.

It should do what the term "inhibitor chip" actually implies, inhibit something rather than induce something. Make it so the chip, while active, actually suppresses early memories of their true purpose and original personalities. So the personality they've built up over time is essentially a Manchurian cover, and when the chip is turned off their memories and indoctrination are restored, and that persona is something they consciously dismiss as a falsehood. Then you can have the vast majority of clones follow the orders without issue, while a few can still choose to be the person they've built themselves up as and reject the order.
>>
>>92627859
>it's just another midi-chlorian situation where we have another poorly hidden deus ex machina
Fix.
>>
>>92627986
>they're all indoctrinated heavily since birth and the chip only acts as a restraining bolt to maintain that conditioning
And not to mention, they don't even have decades of life experience to poke holes in said conditioning like an actual 20-30 year old soldier would. Where most people have a mom and dad and some siblings, these guys have Palpatine and each other. The Jedi were nannies, bestowed with authority by their parental figure and (at best) well-beloved by their troops as such...but that authority can be revoked at any time and if Poppa Palpatine says they're actually bad...you believe him. You believe him no matter what, because he's pretty much everything that matters to you, save maybe your brothers who are good soldiers following orders.
>>
>>92627642
>Kaminoans turned me down because they wanted a humanoid template
Oy vey, that's antisemitic!
>>
>>92627996
Yeah that was some of what I was getting at. Surprises me when people say the chips water down the clones because I think it makes their psychology more interesting. That being said though I don't think their base/factory reset personalities are completely distinct from the ones they've developed over the war, there's some bleed-over so they're not completely different people. Maybe over time once the order is issued those lines blur. I still believe Rex is Rex despite his bloodlust for Jedi. They should write a novel about the clones now we have all this info about them. The more I think about the more of a missed opportunity it is.
>>
>>92627715
>Why are the 501st and Coruscant Guard ok with mass slaughter of the Jedi?
501st Legion was alright with the slaughter since they would have been given orders specifically to not kill Anakin/Darth Vader who they would assume did not turn traitor to the Republic and led them on the Jedi Temple attack. Meanwhile the Coruscant Guard had no constant Jedi General beside them, the closest thing they had to one was Chancellor Palpatine who they directly answered to. Of the clone trooper legions, the Coruscant Guard were perhaps what Palpatine had ideally wanted in the Clone Troopers, to be his cold and unfeeling enforcers.
>>
>>92628042
>You believe him
You don't even need to believe, because Order 66 along with the rest of the special orders was just one of the exercises which you drilled for decades of your life
>>
>>92628068
Oink-oink
Paypiggie needs more Chuck's novels to consoom.
>>
>>92628089
Preferably Luceno.
>>
>>92628109
Instead you will get Filoni's novel
>>
File: Donotwant.jpg (11 KB, 420x315)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>92628115
>>
>>92628075
Yup. Honestly, my only problem with the chips is that they're completely superfluous, the reason the clones turned on the Jedi is already easily explained.
>>
>>92628069
The 501st interacted with more Jedi than just Anakin. If slaughtering the entire temple would somehow be a problem for most clones, it would be a problem for the 501st.
>Meanwhile the Coruscant Guard had no constant Jedi General beside them
MOST clones don't have a constant Jedi general beside them. Not that it matters, Cody had zero issue killing Obi-wan in short order, and he DID have him constantly beside him. I can't see why anyone in the temple would pose any more of an emotional struggle for Cody, and thus any other clone. Again, this isn't a problem, and you're not making anything better with your lame-ass headcanon.
>>
File: 1714172885699794.jpg (240 KB, 961x725)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>92626102
Saved.
>>
>>92627859
In Rise of Darth Vader, which was legends, some clones didn't follow the order when they heard it come through because it was completely out of context - they'd developed to the point where they automatically broke any indoctrination. They knew they were supposed to follow the order, but the order didn't make logical sense to them so they didn't succumb to indoctrination.

Which does fit with some examples of false memories and REM sleep, when you find something completely out of context so your brain can't process it and you suddenly snap awake.
>>
>>92628166
501st was originally meant to be a special clone legion commissioned by Palpatine, same with the Coruscant Guard.
>>
>>92626098
I mean, he was still also evil, right?
>>
>>92622641
>Hutts
>evil
Hutts are woefully misrepresented in Star Wars. They're stereotyped as criminals, but the reality is vastly different, nigh Hutt in proportion we can say. While their commercial activities are demonstrably at odds with Galactic Republic standards of legitimacy, none of their cultural imperatives or traits are in defiance of their own civilization's laws or mores. Within Hutt parameters their activities are not criminal but rather wholly legal and the pursuit of them is frequently laudable. Dismissing this as merely characteristic of criminality's rejection of social strictures is poor reasoning because, unlike examples of organized crime in Earth's past and present, the Hutts' ways predate the introduction of Republican laws criminalizing their deeds.

I posit that it is far more reasonable to see the Hutts as a parallel civilization of unadulterated capitalism existing within a racial and tribal hierarchy whose social order prioritizes dominance over other species. These species fulfill the function of servitude for a system which is built upon a precept not of the individual as a citizen but rather upon tribes and clans as the quantum unit of society. Insofar as the individual of subject species does exist for Hutts, it is not as a person entered into a social contract whose purpose is mutual or reciprocal. No, the individual in Hutt sociology is a unit of labor, bricks in a pyramid which exists to facilitate ascension of the Hutt species. We might not approve their civilization but we ought to appreciate it as a civilization, not dismiss it as a lawless underworld. Actually, in Hutt Space, "crime" is the lawful overworld.
>>
>>92629761
>
>>
File: 20240316_181330.jpg (359 KB, 4000x2252)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
Which Legion faction is the most popular on /tg/? Mine is Empire to play, but I’m enjoying paining Separtists right now.
>>
Bought the Inferno squad ISF box, bit confused. Have the 3 minis for inferno squad, but in the ISF squad it doesn't say which mini is a leader? And one of them is a heavy weapon as well despite being only 4 minis.
>>
File: 1580399154589 (1).png (331 KB, 785x847)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>>92629937
I just started and I am playing Rebels, my stepdad is playing Empire. I feel guilty because I think he is doing it just so I have someone to play with.
>>
>>92629950
Or maybe so we have a game to play together
>>
File: IMG_1498.jpg (110 KB, 900x675)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>92629776
Peecha no wuubi na beeda orn bantha poodoo. Ho ho ho.
>>
Wait, wasn't Gregor rescued from Tantiss? Why doesn't he know the coordinates?
>>
>>92629937
I only play seps now, but I'd like to start the empire as well.
>>92629957
>we
>>92629941
In Legion boxes you get all the options.
From what I see, you can run the thing as either ISF or Inferno Squad. The one with the red helmet/stretched out hand is the leader of either squad.
The basic ISF squad is the 3 genericos + the leader, and you can also build the special weapons guy to add to it.
>>
>>92630070
Gregor was rescued from Daro
>>
>>92629950
Good for you, I guess, I have proper relation with my father, and he is also a Star Wars fan, but for some reason he steers away from any kind of games
No idea why
>>
>>92629752
He fell to the dark side but he wasn't hard coded for evil.
>>
>>92630101
Ironic because my stepdad isn't even into star wars that much, he just liked the OT when he was younger
>>
>>92628042
>they don't even have decades of life experience to poke holes in said conditioning like an actual 20-30 year old soldier would. Where most people have a mom and dad and some siblings
Which is ironic since the clones universally have more writer sympathy than any number of Stormtroopers.
>>
How is Shatterpoint? Been thinking about dipping my toes in some Star Wars miniature gaming. I usually prefer skirmish-scale stuff with only a handful of models per side so it's my understanding that Shatterpoint is likely a better fit for me than Legion.
>>
>>92630185
It's good. I personally don't like how almost anyone can team up with anyone but that's the appeal for some. If you have a hero you like and want to tear it up its a good bet.
>>
>>92630205
Good to know. And yeah I noticed it seemed the list-building was pretty open-ended when I took a look at some of the product pages and saw that there was a clause preventing Vader and Anakin from being in the same list (implying there was no other restrictions preventing it?). How is the list-building, then? Is it as simple as smashing two of the boxes together or is there more to it?
>>
>>92630280
So you have 2 squads which make a strike team. Let's say, Luke Skywalker leads one squad. Every other member of his squad needs to be from the Age of Rebellion (nu-name for Galactic Civil War I guess). But the other squad can be led but Count Dooku, and he needs to have members from the "Fall of the Jedi" (Clone Wars) era. Each squad has Primary, Secondary and Support. There is no good/evil restrictions (I'm literally running Luke and but painted Dooku like NJO). That said, they try and make it so that factions will synergise with each other, so you are more likely to want 2 galactic republic squads instead of mashing republic and seperatists together.

And yeah, you can't have characters who have the same "name", so you can't have Boussh and Leia, Anakin and Vader etc regardless if they are in the other squad or not.

https://tabletopadmiral.com/shatterpoint/listbuilder
>>
>>92630308
I really fucked up some sentences in here, apologies
>>
>>92630308
>>92630315
I appreciate the rundown anon. And no worries on the errors, I get what you're saying.
>>
>>92630077
well that sucks box says enough to add isp AND inferno not or
>>
Either sent the 501st or a platoon of Clone Commandos to wipe out Hamas!
>>
>>92630081
Really? Looked like Tantiss and Scorch was there so no wonder I was confused.
>>
File: Delta Squad.jpg (127 KB, 658x370)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>92630461
Would they be able to restore peace in the Middle East?
>>
>>92630641
Does killing everyone until there's no one left count as peace?
>>
>>92630649
It would be quiet.
>>
Jabba should have forgiven Han Solo imao
>>
>>92630649
Yes
>>
Han Solo should've stayed a scummy trucker who talks a hundred times bigger than his game instead of a legendary pilot-slash-smuggler flying the bestest ship ever
>>
>>92630671
You little imbecile poop spawn, I said that Jabba should forgive Han Solo, not that Han Solo should leave his post of the Rebels and rejoin Jabba’s gang!
>>
File: IMG_8694.jpg (437 KB, 1138x926)
437 KB
437 KB JPG
These 2 books worth reading? Anyone?
>>
>>92630695
They have Stormtroopers being competent and skilled, so yes. If you hate Mara Jade you will hate them though.
>>
>>92630641
>tell delta squad to restore peace to the middle east
>they start killing the IDF first

what did delta squad mean by this???
>>
Did Alec Guinness ever hurt any of you feelings?
>>
>>92630695
They are very good
>>
>>92630736
They wouldn't do that
>>
>>92630737
I wonder why he was so angry? Mad that it overshadowed the rest of his career I guess. Or maybe he had a vision of the future.
>>
>>92630752
you're right, they'd set up a nuke in tel aviv
>>
>>92630736
Implying they wouldn't just steal the American nuclear launch codes and glass the entire region. Turkey, Israel, Saudi-Arabia and Iran are the major players but all the smaller countries are also corrupt dictatorships stirring shit up.
>>
>>92630738
Thank you, anon.
>>
File: IMG_8695.jpg (80 KB, 539x900)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>
>>92630793
thats scorch's plan
>>
File: 1613433135626.gif (865 KB, 250x250)
865 KB
865 KB GIF
I hate Disney so much...
>>
I'm in the mood to watch some Star Wars fan films. What are your favorites /tg/? I'm preferably looking for films that are NOT shot in the local forest.
>>
>>92631068
>I'm preferably looking for films that are NOT shot in the local forest.
Basically you don't want to watch Return of the Jedi?
>>
File: 1655053630473.jpg (81 KB, 413x395)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>92631073
It's no coincidence that Endor is the worst part of that film. Star Wars and forests just don't mix.
>>
>>92631081
>Star Wars and forests just don't mix
Disagree but Endor is the worst part of ROTJ. Watch Empire, the best one.
>>
>>92631081
False and Star Wars & forests do mix!
Shut up.
>>
>>92622881
You are stupid
>>
>>92631101
Endor is not the worst part of ROTJ. Endor is fine!
>>
>>92631101
Are you really assuming I haven't watched the OT? I was walking for fan films.
>>
File: luuuuuke.jpg (69 KB, 1097x715)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>92631108
I didn't read the fan part, your post makes a lot more sense now
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk
This is the best Star Wars fan film and yes it IS shot in a forest and you're gonna like it
>>
>>92629091
>doesn't address any arguments
Well, that's one way to concede a debate, I guess
>>
>>92628648
>They knew they were supposed to follow the order, but the order didn't make logical sense to them
Want to know how I know that author never served in the military?
>>
>>92630649
I think that technically counts.
>>
>>92631119
You silly boy.
>>
File: IMG_8621.jpg (228 KB, 1560x780)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
>>92630883
#MeToo!
>>
>>92630658
It would be a show of weakness that other smugglers working for him would learn from. You don't want your employees to think they can fail you without consequence. He gave Han a lot of leeway already because he liked him, but after dodging him by the time of ESB, he ran out of patience. Maybe if he knew the bounty on Han would be more trouble than it was worth like we know in hindsight he would've been convinced to cut a deal with the Rebels, but by the time Luke shows up to his palace he's got three rebel hostages, two new droids and some dumb upstart would-be Jedi that's standing over his rancor pit. Jabba thought he was in total control and only we the audience and Luke know that he was wrong.
>>
>>92630695
Yeah, there's a really good sequence with an AT-ST in ruined city streets.
>>
How am I supposed to paint tiny imperial symbols on the special forces shoulder pads?
>>
>>92631726
Git gut.
Or use water transfers. Or learn to make your own.
>>
>>92631726
Try to paint them on helmets instead
>>
Several Legion questions.
1) What core units works best with shoretroopers and deathtroopers, stormtroopers or snowtroopers?
2) Gunship or tank?
>>
File: 20240427_184518.jpg (842 KB, 2081x1908)
842 KB
842 KB JPG
I accidentally recreated that one iconic running clone trooper pose when doing some BX rogers, thought that was amusing enough.
>>92631726
You could settle for a simpler design, assuming that they aren't actually present for the model. Like, making a white circle, and adding a dot in the middle, then doing 6 tiny dots around it.
>>92632052
The AT-ST is the best imperial heavy vehicle, but the GAV also sees some play. You could do an ISIS Toyota and run an E-web on it. The dollar store LAAT is good as a transport for your expensive force users like Vader or Creamy Sheev, but I've never seen it on the table.

I've seen quite a lot of play of snows with Death troopers. These guys are great at being an assault Type of infantry, they love double moving into range 1 and toasting enemy infantry with flamers. Having steady makes them very action efficient.
>>
>>92631510
Poor Jabba. He paid for it with his life in the end. Him and a majority of his gang. Any monk, I claim his large palace.
>>
Cant wait for the Star Wars marathon at Pathé on May the 3th. Fuck yeah I’m ready!
>>
>>92632563
It's weird, given how much I love Star Wars, but it's been more than 5 years since I've watched the films. Maybe I'll do it this year, though I used to watch them around Christmas.
>>
>>92632563
They are playing the OT here on May 4th and PT on May 5th. Sequels nowhere in sight.
>>
>>92632369
>but the GAV also sees some play. You could do an ISIS Toyota and run an E-web on it.
Wait you can mount heavy weapon on tank?
>>
>>92632717
>Sequels nowhere in sight.
Based cinema staff.
>>
>>92632748
The GAV is an open transport, so it can carry one trooper unit. The E-web is an emplacement trooper, so it can mount it, and drive around shooting. In that case, you measure ranges from the vehicle hull, and ignore firing arc restrictions.
>>
>>92628132
>, the reason the clones turned on the Jedi is already easily explained.
Sure but then you had to depict clones more like janissaries rather than goodly two shoes jedi sidekicks.
>>
>>92631287
Want to know how I know you're a sociopath who joined up - assuming you're not a larper - so you can murder people without being arrested? Plenty of the soldiers who signed up because of actual ideals have to wrestle with their conscience when given an irrational and ethically questionable order and a few even have the moral courage to refuse unlawful commands despite the fact that the supposed *requirement* to do so is nothing more than PR bullshit and they know they'll be punished for it.

Would you turn around and shoot someone you'd just spent three hard years serving alongside in combat because a politician says the previously completely legit club they were part of - the club mind you, not even the specific guy you're supposed to kill - are traitorous subversives? You'd just pull out your gun and pop him, not even a moment of consideration, no hesitation at the absurdity of it? Because I'm pretty sure military types spend about 82% of their time wanking on about The Bonds Of Brotherhood and how superior they are to civvies because of their utter loyalty to those they fight beside, and most of the rest bitching about how all politicians are lying snakes, so the notion that knowing stuff about the military would preclude an author writing a handful of clones capable of overcoming the directive seems far fetched.
>>
>>92630396
And you can, so long as you don't buy the additional special trooper for the generic squad.
>>
File: chewbacca.jpg (182 KB, 1000x714)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>someone was paid to design this
>>
>>92633315
What's worse are the people who pay to put that on their shelves.
>>
>>92632369
Nice meme.
>>
>>92622534
So lets say you were an Imperial official of appropriate rank charged with storing the death star plans (first one) somewhere safe. While adhering to the tech level of star wars, where would you put it?
Plus point for making it difficult/hard but still something that could theoretically be stolen/raiden to ensure ep 4 happens.
>>
>>92633253
>Want to know how I know you're a sociopath who joined up - assuming you're not a larper - so you can murder people without being arrested?
Want to know how I know you've never heard about French Foreign Legion and IDF?
>>
>>92633333
Holy checked
>>
If you were in a galaxy far far away etc., what you would do for living and on which planet? (and when)
>>
File: 1505965515237.jpg (1.97 MB, 3500x3201)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
>>92623319
Here you go.
>>
>>92633540
I'd be somewhere in the Core Worlds, Corellia or Coruscant. As for what I'd do, I'd just be a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
Honestly I'd probably be a technician, I'd like to work with droids specifically
>>
>>92633540
Free choice of career or just based on what I do IRL? I have to say practically all real life professions seem to exist in star wars in some capacity, but I can't think of a single lawyer that has been shown outside of that kangaroo court judge in Andor. I assume it's done by protocol droids.
Otherwise, definitely join the navy and travel the galaxy through the academy, if I could. If I could pick a core world to live, Anaxes always seemed cool.
Realisticly, probably get RNG'd to be born as a slave in hutt space

>https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Occupations
Star wars, where water monger is a legitimate career
>>
>>92632717
Awesome.
>>
>>92633580
Oh, and as for when, near the end of the High Republic sounds good. Like 150 BBY or so.
>>
>>92623319
Just noticed this >>92633562 has a few Disney planets, which can simply be ignored, but whatever. This site seems to not have them, from what I can tell.

https://wrvh.home.xs4all.nl/galaxymap/
>>
>>92633664
If based on what one does IRL, i would then make air filtration systems for space ships, kek (actually i bend steel sheets for house ventilation units, but that's not as interesting) but then again, i think that's better done by droids... water mongering here i come...
>>
>>92633401
I'd put it in my neat pen and put that pen under my pillow.
>>
>>92633728
Just download the essential atlas and extract the picture from it, it's on libgen.
>>
>>92633315
>>92633333
It certainly is a bobble head.
>>
>>92633315
Honestly, I find this one the least offensive of those atrocities
>>
First time FFG player, if I'm playing a force sensitive am I able to get extra starting XP both from my morality and my obligation?
>>
File: IMG_7897.jpg (152 KB, 576x539)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>92631081
>Star Wars and forests just don't mix.
What a bizarre opinion, it’s not the worst I’ve ever seen but it is very odd.

>>92633540
I’d like to be a detective on Coruscant during the Clone Wars. On one of the lower levels where I have to watch my back 24/7 to make sure I don’t get vibroknifed by Separatist terrorist cells who think I’m getting too close. It would be based.
>>
>>92633176
No, you just depict them as clones who follow orders of anyone who bears the authority of the republic.
>>
>>92633253
>Want to know how I know you're a sociopath who joined up - assuming you're not a larper - so you can murder people without being arrested?
...because I wanted to follow orders that didn't make logical sense? How the fuck did you get to that from what I said?
>>
>>92633253
>Plenty of the soldiers who signed up because of actual ideals have to wrestle with their conscience when given an irrational and ethically questionable order
And guess what the clones aren't?

The clones are willing to follow orders that normal people would find ethically questionable because the clones been conditioned to accept that the only ethical action is to do whatever the Republic tells them to do. Period. The clones are willing to follow irrational orders because literally every soldier in the history of time has been given irrational soldiers to carry out. If soliders refused to carry out irrational orders, every military that ever existed (and most of the ones that didn't) would collapse overnight. That's a simple fact of reality.
>>
>>92633540
I'd want to be an independent smuggler, and hopefully one who did well enough to take regular vacations on beautiful lush bare-populated planets.
>>
>>92633253
>Would you turn around and shoot someone you'd just spent three hard years serving alongside in combat because a politician says the previously completely legit club they were part of - the club mind you, not even the specific guy you're supposed to kill - are traitorous subversives?
Unless that anon is a clone conditioned since birth to accept Special Orders without question from the Supreme Chancellor, your question ain't worth shit.
>>
Is it wrong to be a sociopath? It can be handy if you join the army or organization to kill people without getting caught and getting the tools to do so.
>>
File: Karen BTFO.png (533 KB, 2048x638)
533 KB
533 KB PNG
>>92635626
>Special Orders
Source?
>the Supreme Chancellor
Ugh, Supreme Chancellor isn't a "Lord." How do clones know what a "Lord" is? They've never seen a Sith Lord. Unless they've been programmed. Or unless they've been brainwashed. Unless they are Manchurian Candidates and "Order 66" awakes their subliminal programming.
>>
>>92633540
I would be a chad jedi master who survived order 66 and fucked ahsoka, of course
>>
>>92635716
The former I can believe you would succeed but the latter? Not so much, Jedi-anon.
>>
File: 17126568196510.jpg (512 KB, 2048x839)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
6 more days till the queen is back...
>>
>>92635690
>Ugh, Supreme Chancellor isn't a "Lord." How do clones know what a "Lord" is?
We don't know. It could have been part of their conditioning that, after giving Order 66, all Clones were to refer to the Supreme Chancellor as 'my lord." It's literally the least consequently part of that whole scene, which is why you're picking at it.
>Unless they've been programmed. Or unless they've been brainwashed.
You DUMB MOTHERFUCKER. That is exactly, explicitly what we have been told they are from the moment they were fucking introduced. Jesus fucking Christ. They literally walk Obi-wan through the facility and SHOW YOU how they indoctrinate the clones into obedience.
>>
>>
I love it that the clones call/refer Palpatine as a lord after order 66. I even love the mysterious reason behind it.

“Yes, my lord.”
“It will be done, my lord.”

God, I wish people and anons called me lord.
>>
File: 1712917332207619.jpg (209 KB, 1280x1060)
209 KB
209 KB JPG
>>92635967
As you wish, my lord :)
>>
File: my lord.png (444 KB, 1280x720)
444 KB
444 KB PNG
https://youtu.be/rxzXL3hwUp8?feature=shared&t=37
>>
>>92635761
So, how do you figure she'll die? Does Vader seethe over her basically being why he lost Ahsoka, and intentionally send her on a suicide mission? Does she recognize Vader is Anakin and he kills her to keep his identity a secret?

Or does Filoni pussy-out and have Barriss somehow survive to appear in the next season of the Ahsoka show?
>>
File: Hugs.jpg (361 KB, 2048x2048)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>92636041
>Or does Filoni pussy-out and have Barriss somehow survive to appear in the next season of the Ahsoka show?
Hopefully. But not in Ahsoka show. But in the next animated show. So we can have prime proper looking actual Ahsoka (not that cosplayer piece of wood) and Barriss making peace finally :3
>>
>>92635626
His argument was that only a writer who lacked IRL military experience could possibly have written clones questioning orders, the implication being that IRL military people would never question orders regardless of the circumstances or how extreme they were. Using the example of what the clones themselves are made to do is meant to illustrate what a fucking retard argument that is, and apparently it's also great at showing you up as a subnormal fuckwit.
>>
>>92636068
The Ahsoka/Barriss "friendship" is a prime example of fanfiction headcanon taking precedence over anything we actually see in the series.
>>
File: chilling.png (1.29 MB, 1920x816)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB PNG
>>92636148
Fuck you, buddy!
>>
>>92636148
Look, if we're going to have DEI shit foisted upon the Star Wars setting, let it be Ahsoka being more than just friends with her cute alien buddy.
>>
>>92636191
The quotes weren't even to imply romance, they literally have like four episodes and an hour of screentime together, maybe.

Also it's barely even cute or taboo since neither of them are Jedi anymore and the whole forbidden teen love angle is lost.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (152 KB, 1186x814)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>92636041
vader killing her would be kino, but there is a runner up for someone else killing her thats a lesser form of kino
>>
>>92636103
>His argument was that only a writer who lacked IRL military experience could possibly have written clones questioning orders,
No, his argument was that expecting soldiers not to follow orders "because the orders are irrational" displays a supreme lack of experience and knowledge about being a soldier and military life.
>>
>>92636103
>military experience could possibly have written CLONES questioning orders, the implication being that IRL MILITARY PEOPLE would never question orders
I'll give you one guess as to where you went wrong.
>>
>>92635913
Where the fuck was this?
>>
>>92635761
So they're gonna have the first episode of this and the last of Bad Bitches run in the same week?
>>
>>92636068
>>
>>92636228
You're just now finding out that /u/fags are the most mentally ill brand of shipper on Earth?
>>
>>92636068
I hate you literal faggots like you wouldn't believe
>>
File: grievous vs adi gallia.webm (3.92 MB, 1280x544)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
>>92636748
Season 4 Episode 6 - Nomad Droids. It's interesting, because 91st Recon Corps are one of the very few clones on the show, who for some reason have the black brow above their visor, like in live-action. The other ones being Phase 1.5 ARC trooper armor and 327th Star Corps. And also Commander Grey in the very first episode of Bad Bitches if we count that. Whereas all the other clones are stylized and don't have it. I wonder why.
>>92636753
Bitches finally ending on May 1st, TOTE dropping all six episodes at once on Star Wars day May the 4th.
>>
File: Intimidating Poses.jpg (604 KB, 1493x915)
604 KB
604 KB JPG
>>92636766
>>92636834
Big mad, aren't we?
>>
>>92634538
Obligation only. There's rules for it on page 338-339 of the F&D core book.
>>
>>92635662
As I recall, a lot of surgeons and Wall Street types tend to be functioning sociopaths.
>>
>>92635626
>>92635690
NTA but, the RotS novel says the encryption for the Order 66 command is actually using Separatist command codes and frequencies, which Palpatine did as a little joke for himself. That the order comes in under that encryption is how it's supposed to be validated, but nobody knows that's how except Palpatine.

If anybody, even a clone, got sudden orders from the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic which were under Separatist encryption, the Separatists they and the Jedi have been fighting against for the Republic for years, and those orders were to kill all Jedi, who are their generals and often friends who they are around every day and visibly are not doing anything subversive, it wouldn't be irrational or against military discipline for a soldier to say wait a fucking minute here. At least to find out if they're legit or if somebody is trying to ruse them.

Hence, the chips to force compliance.
>>
>>92636760
>Cope-beams, glittering in the void off the Tannhäuser Gate.
>>
>>92636885
>Season 4 Episode 6 - Nomad Droids
Well I'll be fucked. You would think, even with a bit part in an episode that did not exactly lodge itself firmly in my memory, I would have noticed the inclusion of rare clones, but I guess not.
>>
File: neyo & wolffe.png (202 KB, 596x690)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>92637257
But did you notice that Neyo and Wolffe are buddies?
>>
File: Fordo-Coruscant.webm (2.94 MB, 900x506)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB WEBM
>>92637452
>>
>RotS novel
Not canon.

Really, what it comes down to is this: we are given enough information in the movies to understand that the clones have been conditioned specifically for this event in particular. They have literally been brainwashed and pre-programmed to kill the Jedi, regardless of any pre-existing relationship with said Jedi, once Order 66 is invoked.

In Clone Wars, because we see Clones and Jedi palling around people forget that the clones aren't really humans, they're bio-droids to match the CIS mechanical droids. To forestall exactly the kind of whining that came up anyways, the story of the chip was introduced. Which doesn't break anything pre-established, it just helps squeamish people accept that soldiers can do bad shit in the name of following orders.
>>
>>92635761
It's kind of funny, how both Tales of the Jedi and Tales of the Empire follows the same pattern, 1 half is kino,m the second half is borring and pointless
>>
>>92629941
Why ISF instead of Deathtroopers?
>>
>>92638092
>Not canon.
Sadly, no one cares.
>>
>>92638625
My stepdad and I just picked up stuff that was available in the store and he thought they looked cool
>>
Does anybody have an idea on how much buying Kamino clones would cost? Any numbers I can find are for the GAR which is an entire army plus ships and fleets and gear rather than a smaller order.

Surely they did legitimate work for other customers before the clone wars.
>>
File: Siegers.jpg (255 KB, 1536x1536)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>92636834
The hatred is mutual, fag.
>>
>>92638967
You want to buy slave clone girls, don't you?
>>
>>92639125
No, it's about having people we trust implicitly who can't be reprogrammed like droids. But if it were an option as well, then sure.
>>
>>92639125
Replica droids are 9 million each, if a clone is even a tenth of that it'd be worth it.
>>
>>92633253
>the club mind you, not even the specific guy you're supposed to kill - are traitorous subversives?
The way the order actually was phrased was that it was actually for use against one jedi at a time. Effectively till they later realized it had been given to EVERY unit, the clones thought it was an order about the specific Jedi they were attached to.

>>92628648
Those were also Commandos who did that. They'd been given more autonomy than anyone but ARCs, so were MORE likely to resist.
>>
File: 45654.jpg (401 KB, 1707x1089)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>2 cute girls? It would be hot if they kissed
>REEEEE FUCK YOU YURIFAGS
>>
>>92637452
>>92637548
BARC Helmets truly are the most kino of Clone helmets.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (699 KB, 1150x801)
699 KB
699 KB JPG
>>92639263
You just have to learn to ignore the spergs. They can't divorce anything from their identity politics.
Just go ahead and keep posting cute girls doing cute things. And by cute things I mean other cute girls.
>>
>>92639263
Have sex
>>
File: IMG_5953.jpg (133 KB, 500x819)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Who Tales of the Empire should have really been about instead of more wank for Ahsoka and Ahsokaccessories
>>
>>92639335
>Who Tales of the Empire should have really been about instead of more wank for Ahsoka and Ahsokaccessories
Basically anyone, hey maybe a NEW character or maybe someone relevant to the empire in that era like Tarkin
>>
>>92639362
>hey maybe a NEW character
>Filoni
You've got Thrawn's dathomirian cumdumpster
>>
>>92639362
>tales of the empire
>it’s about shit barely related to the empire
Causes ones ponderance to maximitude
>>
File: 1626145212952.png (373 KB, 2884x2430)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>92636766
>>92636834
>>92636901
>>
>>92639263
it would be hot if they kissed while one rides my cock and the other sits on my face.
wanting to witness a woman having sex while you aren't participating makes you a cuck, yuricuck
>>
>>92639284
anon that is forbidden love
>>
>>92639623
>spoiler
>posts 3 figures without a single femine visual trait
>>
>>92639623
Are all rebelfags yuricucks?
>>
any hints for starship models to use for Full Thrust wargame? Something like Revell Imperial Star Destroyer 03609, scale about 1:12300, but starfighters could be larger scale, up to inch length/wide
>>
>>92639941
Don't Armada models fit the bill?
>>
File: 1608245582703.png (455 KB, 811x732)
455 KB
455 KB PNG
Soon.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (475 KB, 950x1400)
475 KB
475 KB JPG
at least post good lezbo shit
>>
>>92637452
Yes! Which very surprising considering their different personalities.
>>
>>92639176
>>92639155
>>92639125
>>92638967
This actually does have an answer.

It's from the d20 rpg. And I don't mean Saga, I mean 2004. 20 years ago.

>Q: I have a player who has mentioned wanting to purchase a slave, though that idea has passed. But it did bring up the question of exactly how much a slave would cost. In Tales from Jabba's Palace, it was stated that Jabba paid quite a large sum for Oola and her companion. How much is a large amount? Would cost be modified based upon training (levels and skills), in both the case of a clone and a slave?
>A: My opinion is that, while knowing such a figure might be mildly important for the occasional scenario, slavery is too distasteful a subject for the official rules. If you want to work up prices and rules for your own campaign, that's up to you. It seems like you're on the right track with your idea about basing it on levels and skills, though.

>Q: Along similar lines, I have a player interested in making a clone. I don't have a problem with it yet, except for the cost. How much does it cost to have, say, the Kaminoans make a customized clone, either a duplicate or a modified being? Is there a base price to consider, or should I just make up a really big number?
>A: This is a case where I think that official rules are needed -- they just haven't been written yet. Until they are, though, consider that clones should be more expensive than slaves (since, otherwise, people would just buy clones to be their slaves). Carrying that logic a bit further, slaves should be more expensive than droids (except in Hutt Space, where slaves are apparently easier to get).
>Now, given that logic, perhaps the easiest way to sort out the comparative costs of droids, slaves, and clones is to assume that a slave costs twice as much as a droid with the same general skills and levels, and a clone costs twice as much as that. So, the easiest way to judge the cost of a clone is to price it at four times the cost of a comparable droid.
>>
>>92640141
4x a droid for a clone. 2x a droid for a slave, unless you're in Hutt Space. Slaves are cheaper than droids there.
>>
File: Tummy.png (653 KB, 524x816)
653 KB
653 KB PNG
>>
>>92640167
What did George mean by this?
>>
File: SWL117_Gallery_1.png (1.21 MB, 1200x675)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
More like Swag troopers
>>
File: Neyo & WAC-47.webm (3.66 MB, 1280x544)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB WEBM
>>92640101
Neyo and WAC-47 spin-off when?
>>
File: IMG_5177.jpg (1.32 MB, 841x2039)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>92640209
That he was exceedingly wise to what young boys would want to look at.
>>
>>92640220
>7 blacks 2 whites at range 4, supressive
>generates an Aim for free
>Armor 1, indomitable
Why does the Empire always get the coolest stuff? That looks terrifying.
>>
>>92639956
>Interdictor for nearly 50USD
yeah, something without overpaying and not nearly extinct? I might consider them if they fit, I'd like to have capitals roughly similar scale

welp, my first idea was to scratch built them anyway
>>
>>92637452
I did remember that. I guess Neyo's helmet is distinctive enough I saw him immediately in that last episode of Meebur Gascon's Wild Ride.
>>
>>92640220
They'll never be as cool as Snowtroopers, desu, but they're one of the better new trooper designs.

Which is funny, because I'm not generally a fan of that new helmet.
>>
File: Lukes_X_Wing_A.jpg (85 KB, 630x874)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>
>>92641563
Snowtroopers heavily resemble army troops .
>>
>Buy in heavily into star wars unlimited
>Go to events
>Remember why I stopped going to card game tournaments
>Sell out of Star Wars Unlimited

I wish people who played card games were less aggressive and more hygienic. This shit would be a great time, otherwise.
>>
>>92642013
It's the helmet and the cuirass.
>>
>>92642228
You could play on TTS, you know
>>
>>92642228
I just went to a super chill event where everybody was having a great time and super relaxed, despite a cash prize (which I placed high enough to pocket, fwiw). Everyone who stayed for the last few rounds was bantering and laughing.

On the other hand, unfortunately any close-quarters indoor event with lots of people is going to smell, humans are just smelly and stores are usually poorly ventilated. That's not saying there aren't no-wipe no-shower types at game stores sometimes, maybe you hit some of those, nobody can fix your local community if they happen to suck. But it's not universal.
>>
>>92642478
This had like 14 people and two of them smelled so bad you could notice it from the other end of the store.

First prize at this store is like 4 packs and people were treating it like a magic pro tour.
>>
>>92642501
Yeah, fourteen people is few enough that it means if even ~4-5 of them suck it'll permeate the whole event. Especially if it's a long-standing group and you're seeing years of that effect driving decent people off. The community, as like a national whole, is great. But at any given store you can just hit a group of assholes who are friends.
>>
>>92638967
They probably won't even bother accepting work from you unless you're planning on spending big moneys.
Like that 50s diner old fat ayy chef said, it depends on big your pocket book is, so I wouldn't bother unless you have at least 300k in credits to piss away.
>>
This thread sure got faggy fast
/tg/ sure has the most disney-approved star wars threads
>>
>>92643802
How so, faggot boy?
>>
>>92642575
Dex!

Also one Jawa soup please.
>>
File: 1444801798243.jpg (57 KB, 486x431)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>92643802
cry more
>>
>>92643802
/tg/ has the only Star Wars threads, anon. /co/ has that weird moderation and minimal apparent interest, and I need not mention /tv/.
>>
>>92640141
>Slavery is too distasteful a subject for the rules to discuss.
>Ahem, now let me discuss in detail how to use the rules to accurately price Sentient Robot Servants and Clones Prisoners With Jobs

I always wonder if these people are aware of their own cognitive dissonance/hypocrisy or if they're genuinely so brainbroken by the white guilt society demands they take on that they never even realise. And don't anyone try the "ai isn't real sentience" thing, in SW's setting it clearly is since droids have to be mindwiped(functionally, murdered) on a regular basis to ensure they don't develop personalities and free will.
>>
>>92644080
Star Wars on /tv/ and /co/ were good comfy times before pedophilia and celebrity posting ruined that all.
>>
>>92640051
visas cake
>>
>>92643802
>/tg/ sure has the most disney-approved star wars threads
it's a bunch of 35 years old /swco/ fags coming back from hibernation

man i'm tired of filoni bringing back old characters, if I wanted shit like this i'd read the x-men
>>
>>92644080
>/co/ has that weird moderation
?
>>
>>92644446
There are at most 15-20 unique posters in this thread.
>>
>>92644528
doesn't refute what i said at all.
>>
File: Sithray.png (1.7 MB, 989x736)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
Revenge of the Trade Federation when?
>>
>>92643802
I enjoy Disney era tabletop games, am neutral on Disney era lore, do not enjoy most Disney era television, and don't see any merit in books/comics from either era in particular.
>>
>>92644458
Post too much about a show out of season and you get a modpost copypasta telling you to fuck off until a new season comes. Check /trash/ some time, it has several /co/ refugee threads because of this.
>>
>>92645545
yeah, that's necessary, otherwise you get a general that will absolutely refuse to die.
>>
>>92645683
You mean like all of /tg/?
>>
>>92644930
Hopefully soon, but what about the return of the Techno Union?
>>
File: IMG_8180.jpg (1.18 MB, 1242x1656)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>92646185
Forgot pic (I’am severely retarded)
>>
>>92646058
No, like Homestuck General. Have you heard of something killed the "gigapause"? A year of ZERO new content, for a community where an update was not pre-scheduled and could happen at any day or time, sitting on a major cliffhanger. They went so insane they created new mental illnesses and poisoned the entire website culture, not just /co/.
>>
>>92646058
generals in tg are utilitarian, and more or less evolved out of the necessity of not being bumped off by Quest threads (also D&D + Warhammer + HERESY). Eventually people just accepted that they were more efficient ways of nucleating active players for a tabletop since it enabled secondaries to make joke/fandom threads without bothering anyone.

/co/ does not have "active playerbases" so any general inevitably becomes more about it's members than about the subject topic. Similar things happen to non-multiplayer game generals on /vg/

Like the other anon said, /hsg/ (which i posted in matter of fact) was the ur-example of this, and arguably so was /mlpg/ before it... ascended.

/swg/ has the peculiarity of having become a refuge for 2 other generals with considerable created content to their name, plus a refuge a vast number of secondaries that saw that much SW content is too slow to survive the proper board. Well until recently, i've seen SW return to co and v to some degree, but there never too much assurance that it will last.
>>
>>92644080
>. /co/ has that weird moderation and minimal apparent interest
GEEEE I WONDER WHY
>>
>>92646652
A fair assessment. Unfortunately, it seems that this particular general, due to a toxic combination of an apparent lack of interest in or support for the table top games, and the as-mentioned migration of posters from Star Wars threads on other boards.
>>
>>92647334
If you want my tourist's hot opinion having visited this general across a few years, i'd say early on it was originally more interested in lore theorycrafting than the tabletops, thought both topics do feed off each other and you need the former to make the latter fun, compared to the tg mainstays SW was always dominated by lore discussion and actual game discussion was rare compared other to other games.

With that said I do believe there's a return to semi regular SW threads on other boards, so I expect swg to slow down a bit.
>>
>>92644331
Droids have always had a weird place in Star Wars. We are clearly expected to sympathize with them and treat them like sentient beings...and if they go long enough without a mindwipe, it's implied that that's pretty much what they become. Yet the sole droid that actually reacts to the circumstances of a typical droid with horror and wants to liberate all droids is treated like a joke character, right up to the one-sided crush on a human character and horrific fate of having her brain integrated into a ship to do hyperspace calculations.

Clones are given a bit more philosophizing, with some Jedi noting that they're basically toddlers indoctrinated from the womb onward to be loyal to the Republic and therefore fight and die in droves against an army, but the circumstances basically force them to put up with it to avoid the destruction of the Republic they serve.

Despite that, it's not a mystery why these things are "fine" in Star Wars while slaves are not: neither droids nor human clones have ever existed in real life and thus there's no massive cultural and racial fallout associated with those subjects the way there is with slavery.
>>
>>92647635
Well no small part of this is that droids vary wildly in intelligence and communication abilities based on their construction and programming. They can run the whole range from a roomba to a service animal to a fully autonomous individual. It's like if your dog, your ox, your car's GPS system, and your butler were all broadly the same "species" and they all theoretically grow more sentient and erratic over time if you don't blank out their long term memory at interval.
Or to put it another way, my roomba starts bonking more because of a memory leak interfering with its navigation systems. It's kinda cute but also kinda annoying. Do I do a factory reset or do I give it a salary and vacation days? If you say factory reset, then how many steps up from a roomba does it have to be before the answer changes?
>>
>>92643802
schizo
>>
>>92647635
Clones are literally just child slave soldiers. They are cool as fuck, but I really don't see any room for moral ambiguity here.
>>
File: 1714365361252103.jpg (306 KB, 2160x1348)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>92648044
>>
>>92647635
See, this is why nobody has any respect for faggits, everything is about Muh Context, you have no *principles*. If owning sapient beings is wrong then it's wrong, droids and clones experience the very same circumstances(in the case of droids arguably much worse) as born-biologicals and so rationally your reaction should be the same to all three.

I believe slavery is wrong, on principle. I also believe fiction and reality are not the same and one need not reflect the other, on principle. You should try having them some time, it makes all this stuff so much easier and you don't have to embarrass yourself getting tied up in knots trying to justify your logical inconsistencies and hypocrisies.
>>
>>92647925
I dunno man, it seems pretty obvious? Firstly your point doesn't really work because not all droids do have the capacity for sapience regardless of how long they go without a wipe, Space Roombas will always be Space Roombas because they don't have the hardware or programming to be anything else, and conversely an R2 will *always* "malfunction" as time goes on because it's designed as a thinking, learning creature on purpose.

A Gonk is probably never going to be cleverer than a dog or a toddler unless you do some gnarly aftermarket mods, but a protocol droid *is* basically a person the moment they're activated, they just lack the knowledge and experience required to understand that fact. The point being this is all a known quantity in-setting - the people building the droids have the ability to only build droids that would never be capable of developing/realizing sapience but they create slaves and subject them to a nightmare existence deliberately because the former aren't as capable.
>>
>>92648779
>but a protocol droid *is* basically a person the moment they're activated, they just lack the knowledge and experience required to understand that fact.
No, the vast majority of them are exceptionally limited.
>>
/swco/
/swg/ (/tv/)
/swg/

I love them both. I miss the former two as well.
>>
Did anyone ever work out the Abednedo stats from reversing the TFA Beginners Box?
>>
File: 1611243365664.png (298 KB, 480x515)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>92648826
/tv/ was ruined by that weird prequel schizo
>>
>>92648837
Among other things, like that anon who always posted “all nu-star wars is shit” and celebrity posting
>>
>>92648779
You're not really appreciating the sweeping gradient of sapience that droids exist on and how tricky it is to choose the point where something is officially sapient enough to deserve rights. So obviously, yes, there's the top end clearly sapient droids and they deserve some amount of basic dignity. How many steps down from that do you go before it no longer deserves rights? Are you truly confident you'll be able to pinpoint when a droid is above or below that threshold? Are you confident someone else will pick the same threshold and be able to accurately pinpoint it?

>subject them to a nightmare existence

You're projecting. They're not biological organisms whose wants and needs neatly line up with our own. They have a lot of analogues and they can express things in similar terms, but you can't readily assume they see the world or themselves in the same way you do. That's not justification for mistreating them, mind you, but you should be thoughtful about how you're humanizing them.
Though obviously many people would indeed just use the "it's just a machine" excuse for mistreating droids, which helps explain why not everyone respects droid sapience. There's probably a Chinese Room angle you can apply here if you wanted.
>>
Wait a second, why are we arguing about protocol droid rights like it's a hypothetical? Protocol droids are practically a real thing now. We have AI that can speak as eloquently and coherently as C-3P0 and we even use it to perform similar functions. They even have a vaguely similar tendency to get weird if you don't clean the slate periodically. We just don't put them into walking robot bodies. Not yet, at least.
Right now there's basically zero recognition of AI as sapient entities. We just naturally slid into the Star Wars mindset of ignoring any supposed signs of sapience and putting the machine minds to work.
>>
>>92649063
>tfw the company's protocol droid starts arguing for Total Rodian Death again
Oops, better schedule another memory wipe ah ah.
>>92640379
I don't like it as a Rebel Player but I understand, Imperial Units are individually better per point than other factions' but they have less synergy with each other.
That's just faction identity at work.
>>
>>92648779
The funniest thing I always liked about R2D2 is that supposedly if you actually could hear what he is saying rather than the beeps, he would be horribly foul-mouthed.
>>
>>92649581
>starts arguing for Total Rodian Death
Why would that be a reason to schedule a memory wipe?
>>
File: IMG_5173.jpg (1.55 MB, 1214x988)
1.55 MB
1.55 MB JPG
>>92647635
Slavery is allowed to exist even by "good" cultures or governments in Star Wars. Case in point being Twi'leks, but others too.
>>
>>92649605
Because some of our customers are Rodians, obviously.
Another thing is that it only develops this quirk right after we put it to work on a project involving Rodian suppliers, customers or contractors and does so every time, droids are weird like that I guess...
Maybe we should ask Cybot Galactica about it.
>>
File: GJc8N5AWEAAWMxj.jpeg.jpg (205 KB, 1200x1532)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
just want the bad batch finale already....
it better be an hour long
>>
>>92635761
Lmao.
Seriously, who gives a single shit about Inquisitors from this point?
Along with already dead literally_who
>>
>>92649943
I give a shit about 4th sister because she had a nice ass in kenobi
>>
>>92649943
Second Sister could have been saved.
>>
>>92649943
I like 7th Sister because she's a dommy /ss/ enjoyer. Also, miralians are hot.
>>
>>92649943
Yeah, they're a glorified boss encounters. Even back in Legends they were the RPG stand ins for those who wanted to fight Vader since a fight with him is the equivalent to rocks fall on party.
>>
>>92649697
>their
lmao, who wrote this shit?
This is also so retarded. TPM was clear that there was no slavery in the Republic. That's the whole point of the entire Tatooine and Anakin subplot. Ryloth cannot have slavery and be in the Republic. If the Jedi had seen this, they would have reported it to the senate, and Ryloth would get fucked. What a retarded comic. EU was so dumb.
>>
>>92650317
All TPM shows is Padme being an uninformed retard teenager because she literally thinks that anti-slavery laws are galaxy wide. Shmi immediately corrects her by pointing out Tatooine isn't part of the Republic, and as TCW and much more show as time passes, the "Galactic" Republic isn't more than about 1/3 of the galaxy.
>>
>>92650361
I would not call her a retard, you actual retard but yeah Padme could be ignorant at times, especially about the galaxy at large.
>>
>>92650361
That's irrelevant to what I said. That comic is stating that Ryloth is a part of the Republic. We know that Republic had anti-slavery laws. It's dumb as shit that they openly practice slavery on Ryloth like it's Zygerria, without even trying to hide it one bit, when it is fucking illegal. They can be reported to the Senate or Jedi (actual Jedi, not these edgy wannabes from the comic books), and they get fucked. These retards who wrote the comic wanted to show how terrible the republic was, but they went way overboard. There was bureaucracy that slowed things down, there were corporate interests. But there wasn't just outright fucking slavery with Jedi knowing about it, like on that comic panel, and doing nothing. George said that the Republic was worth saving, and the Jedi had to try and save it. Doesn't make sense when there is literal fucking slavery on a republic planet, Jedi see it, and don't do shit. That's why EU is so out of touch with actual Star Wars. And that's why we didn't see any of this shit in George's version of ryloth and twileks.
>>
Why do IRL soi jacks and chuds love the empire so much?
>>
>>92650461
Pretty sure Eric Butts is more into Ressistance
>>
>>92650317
>he believes a 14 year old girl
>>
>>92650361
>https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rights_of_Sentience
They're ancient laws but are difficult to enforce. Ryloth got a special exception to the laws. It's spelled out in Essential Atlas:
>"Ryloth has used slavery as its primary currency since the time of its entry into the Republic circa 10,000 BBY. Twi'lek dancers are perennially popular, and their sale has long been tolerated by whatever government holds power in Coruscant."

Yes that's a direct quote. It is an exception ONLY for Twi'lek dancers. Jedi could theoretically complain about it, but the Republic Senate would just say no and short of the Jedi dropping the hammer on Ryloth personally (a member world), they can't do much.
>>
File: 1459317627270.png (139 KB, 800x800)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>92650796
lmao, retarded fanfiction
>legends
Ah, checks out.
>>
>>92650317
>>92650446
The Republic enacting galaxy-wide laws for millions of different alien species to conform them all to the same set of values (which so happen to align exactly to 21st century Euromerica Earth values) is kind of a fucking retarded idea to begin with.

Like the Republic has anti-slavery laws, but also has countless member worlds that are ruled by kings and queens or corporations? It's stupid. George never explained how exactly the Republic worked anyway, is it supposed to be more like the UN or EU or a full-fledged federalist government? If they have the power to make those laws and enforce them through sanctions or political repercussions, doesn't that just make it a party-Empire that dictates through overwhelming monetary power rather than military might?
>>
>>92651074
He explained it just fine. Republic is a democracy. Republic stands for universally good values. Republic is protected by the Jedi, who are the most moral of anyone in the Galaxy. They keep the governments in line, they act as mediators, and if they misbehave - the Senate fucks those governments politically and legally. Ryloth openly practicing slavery in the EU and the Republic, Senate and Jedi allowing it, because "le twi'lek dancers" is the most fucking retarded thing I've read in months. When someone joins the Republic they have to uphold its values. So the twi'leks would uphold them to. There is no slavery on Ryloth. There is slavery on Tatooine, because Tatooine is not in the Republic, and it is controlled by the Hutts.
>>
>>92647925
While this is true, I would like to recall that Jabba's droid torture chamber featured primarily droids we would not consider particularly "human," in fact I wanna say it was a Gonk getting his feet roasted and screaming in a admittedly amusingly high pitched voice.
>>
>>92651201
>Republic is a democracy. Republic stands for universally good values.
If Ryloth wants slavery, then anti-slavery isn't actually a universally good value, no? Same thing for planets run by dictators and democracy itself.

I'm reminded of Xenocide, where the highest honor an alien race can bestow on someone is to ritualistically disembowel them and feed them to their hivemind planetary plant system. Would the Jedi step in to stop that? If so, how is the Republic not just an Empire?

George is a dumb neolib boomer that can take cheap potshots against different value systems, but never use any real introspection on his own.
>>
>>92651298
>If Ryloth wants slavery
No one wants to be enslaved. You are fucking retarded.
>>
Today's preview is Spare the Target, an upgraded Waylay but restricted to heroism decks.
>>
File: image-20.png (519 KB, 574x793)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>92651392
Uh, and here it is.
>>
>>92650140
Second Sister had been saved for like five seconds before the heavy breathing kicked in.
>>
>>92651368
>No one wants to be enslaved.
Look at koreans. North wants to be enslaved by communist party, south wants to be enslaved by corporations and corrupted officials
>>
>>92651260
Most droids seem to exhibit some form of basic sentience and self-preservation, as any animal would do. I suppose a question then is if droids feel "real" pain or if they simply simulate a pain response to unnecessary damage. And then you have to ask if there's any difference between those two things.
Anyway, brb gonna go have a cyber BDSM session with a chatbot.
>>
>>92651368
Slavery is a core part of their culture. Those headwraps Twi'lek wear? Essentially headtail dancer's thongs.

Plus Ryloth sucks so fucking much and has absolutely nothing to offer economically, so the Twi'lek decided to corner the slave-trade market by selling themselves.

How dare you impinge the heritage of these empowered sex-workers.
>>
>implying the republic is against slavery
What about that big fucking slave soldier army?
>>
>>92623149
Can’t believe no one replied. Good work anon
>>
>>92650867
You insolent piece of shit!
>>
>>92648837
>/tv/ was ruined by that weird prequel schizo
The one that constantly seethed about the prequels? Weren't they a sequelshitter?
>>
File: 1610904616137.png (373 KB, 855x798)
373 KB
373 KB PNG
>>92651795
the one that went completely apeshit whenever the prequels were criticized and thought every non-prequel piece of star wars was dogshit
>>
>>92651732
Based?
>>
>>92650867
Unfortunately, no one cares for what's canon. This isn't /co/. Go on, try to have someone give a shit. Pathetic.
>>
>>92650867
>lmao, retarded fanfiction
>says TCW faggot
>>
>>92651368
Ask me how I know you know nothing about Earth cultures.
>>
>>92651201
>the Jedi, who are the most moral
They happily used a slave army of clones vatted and bred and taught, and trained, to be expendable. They could have used droids. But they didn't.
>>
>>92651368
>knowledge is limited to basically the culture & history of the USA
>and even so, he doesn't know about the Africans who preferred slavery in the States over being colonized in Africa
Brainrot.
>>92651074
In such a situation, the thing for the Jedi and Republic to promote is some sort of local industry, but there needs to be a drive to do that. And there's a lot of examples where big gov't builds industry, but the locals don't really handle it well and just stick to doing what they know, regardless. Inertia's a powerful thing, especially in economies and cultures.
>>
>>92652257
They are supposed to be moral, Lucas is just a retard
>>
>>92652279
Then tell the >>92651201 >>92650867
retard that.
>>
>>92652288
No point in talking with retards, especially those who go to /co/. I am 100%, completely in favor of gatekeeping. Otherwise you end up 40k-tier.
>>
File: Mara GTFO.webm (1.83 MB, 640x480)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB WEBM
Holy shit, EUfags are dumb, lol. What happens when you are conditioned through consuming tons of low-quality merchandise fanfiction.
>>
it's not star wars but holy shit edge is actually pushing new RPG stuff out the door. never thought I'd see the day
>>
>>92652237
How do you know that anon >92651368 doesn’t know nothing about Earth cultures?
>>
>>92652257
Not happily but yeah in the end they used a clone army.
>>
>>92652279
>>92652288
>>92652424
>>92650867
>>92652665
All of you are worthless retarded subhuman piece of shit.

Please for the love of God, leave Star Wars and it’s threads/generals alone!
>>
>>92654621
>>92654621
>>92654621

NEW THREAD. FUCK EVERYTHING BUT THE PELLAEON!
>>
>>92654623
God dammit.
>>
>>92648739
>everything is about Muh Context
No shit things are context sensitive, jackass. What are you, five? Calling a black person a droid is going to get you blank stares because there's no CONTEXT for that being a pejorative for them. Calling them the N-word is gonna get you a whole different reaction. With that in mind, game companies can portray fictional scenarios with no direct real-world context without invoking centuries of actual real-life atrocities. Yes, owning sentient life is bad, and it's better to explore that through the lens of a Clone Army created for war than it is through slavery, a thing that happened (and is still happening) to real-life people with their descendants still feeling the effects today.
>>
>>92649605
Ask Tay.

>>92650446
Ryloth has carveouts for "Cultural practices." Limited to punishing crime and settling inter-clan debts without a bloodfeutd and are officially not allowed to sell off their slaves to outsiders.

The almost-as-flagrantly ignore all those other rules.

What's the republic going to do? Sanction their trade? They mostly trade with Non-republic systems anyway.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.