[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Kill Team trailer goof edition

>Previous Thread:
>>92580389

>Key Downloads, FAQs and Errata
https://www.warhammer-community.com/kill-team-downloads/
>Critical Ops
https://kt-critical-ops.netlify.app/
>Rules and Teams
https://wahapedia.ru/kill-team2/the-rules/introduction/
https://ktdash.app/

>News
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/23/kill-team-how-to-turn-the-tangled-terrain-of-bheta-decima-from-obstacle-to-opportunity/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/01/19/lvo-2024-preview-kill-team-descends-into-a-world-of-nightmares/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/03/31/sunday-preview-nightmares-pyres-and-gnomes/

>Brief team summaries if you are wondering who to try out next
https://files.catbox.moe/pfyt2y.png
>Homebrew teams by a kind Anon:
https://mega.nz/folder/RedyyTTZ#hNv1fp2Yocqg536MozmbyA
>Tournament stats the game is balanced around:
https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/theodor.kivist./viz/NewKTstats/StatsDashboard

>TQ:
What Kill Team would you play if your current Kill Team was not an option?
>>
File: 20240419_135600.jpg (2.83 MB, 4080x3060)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>TQ
I play Breachers. But I'd play Arbites instead because shooting into melee is great.
>>
>TQ
If I couldn't play veteran guard I would play the regular guard.
>>
>>92642256
>TQ
Gellerpox for sure. I have a need for fat fuck fellas
>>
>>92642256
I already own all of the elf teams so I’d pick another instead of Corsairs, but I’d be so sad about it. They have such an explosive playstyle that rewards reps
>>
>>92641211
Next box set is Imperium (Xenos flavored) versus Imperium (Xenos flavored). Calling them Xenos teams is a bit of a stretch.
>>
File: R5M7jpsssOnelGi2.jpg (265 KB, 1000x1234)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
What are we expecting the GSC/Pioneer gimmicks to be?
>>
Does anyone have a link to the lore from Salvation?
>>
>can’t choose between kommandos, scouts, nemesis claw or mandrakes
Any advice?
>>
>>92642607
Here's my experience with the mandrakes Anon >>92640217
>>
My main armies in 40k are Dark Angels and Thousand Sons. Never played Kill Team and not at all familiar with building a team.

Looks like Intercessor and Warpcoven are the two main teams to look at. Are they reasonable entry level teams to consider?

Could someone provide me a introductory team for both so I could just dive right in with a game sometime?
>>
>>92642256
>TQ
Instead of Hive fleet i would play Wyrmblade.

>>92642466
GSC gimmik is the Leader changing stuff like inquisition gimmik is retinue.
Pioneers no clue.

>>92642607
Kommandos good for new players and fun to play. scouts are okay, no idea about claws and mandrakes yet.

>>92642662
Intercession is an easy entry level team. Warpcoven are quite complicated and not for new players.
>>
>>92642466
but anon we already know what they are

patriarch has mind control
pioneers have "resourceful points" that they can exchange for a variety of stuff on your turn, and pre-game mines with a bluffing element (blank & armed tokens)
>>
>>92642256
>TQ
I'm a Wyrmblade stan and could see myself switching to Breachers. Shotguns are shotguns, Attack Order is discount Cult Ambush.
>>
Played two games as the mandrake kill team last night. Both were feels bad moments because of how many gotcha moments the team has. Both wins, but neither felt good with how the mandrakes can shut down enemy plays.
>>
File: Fernrious.png (97 KB, 350x301)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>>92643221
You can't just say that without spilling the deets
>>
>>92643252
For example, if I want to absolutely ruin a single models day the mandrakes can pull off 4 bullshit gotcha moments on 1 fucking turn. For example, let's say this is all happening to 1 dude on your team:

>woops, haha, my leader is within 6 of your dude turn one due to shadowstepping, getting a free 4inch dash between turns, you want to activate him? Roll under you apl oh gotcha, you failed that roll, can't activate him!
>next activation attempt, roll again, yay you did it. Whoops, haha, my screamo mandrake had him with haunting focus so i interrupt your activation and get to go with scream! Screamo is going to give your dude super injury that goes through any immunity. I'm now shooting with screamo, whoops, he rolled a six and your guy is stunned, gotcha!
>oh your stunned, injured dude gets to go now, oh you charged my leader, let me spend 1cp and my leader fights first, gotcha.
>oh, even though my leader goes first, you are going to kill him before he kills you! Gotcha, I just rolled a 5+ on one of your attacks and I get to ignore that entire damage, oopsies.
>oops, I guess my leader killed your guy and gets his ignore damage shield regenerated! Oopsies!

The team takes away so much player agency from your opponent, leads to such feel bad moments. And yes, I explain the rules to my opponents. Give them thr rulebooks and clarify what can happen if when they are doing actions.
>>
>>92643398
Explaining your rules to your opponent is something I did too when I was mandraking. Good fella.
>>
>>92642256
If Legionaries weren't usable I would probably have just gone straight to Blooded.
>>
>>92643221
>>92643398
yea its a real garbage team, even if your opponent knows whats up it still just feels awful "just being ignored" all the time. The only ones that really have fun playing them are those asholes that love getting opponents off guard with gotcha moments.
>>
File: volatileterrain.png (496 KB, 900x1545)
496 KB
496 KB PNG
Tweaked a Bomb Squig's Dynamite shooting attack for the statline here. I wanted to try to make volatile terrain more interesting to play around, but I'm worried it gunks up the firefight phase a bit much. Been doing a lot of dummy rolls to see how punishing it would be but I've yet to test it in a real match. It would one-shot all of my vetguard pretty consistently but custodies could tank it semi-reliably. If it's treated as a valid target for multi-target attacks, Fusilade seems like a fun trait to have on a gun.
>>
File: 1693083514567457.jpg (74 KB, 600x406)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>92643398
Why would they give a single team all of that? Is there anything to try and balance it out or did they literally just create the "pssh nothing personel" team of KT?
>>
File: explode.png (68 KB, 686x1154)
68 KB
68 KB PNG
>>92643662
the explosion deals so much fucking damage it's not even funny

this kind of shit always warps the game way too much. your matches will just revolve around oil barrels and the threat of your dudes getting oneshot by them blowing up.
>>
File: FKOVe4pXoAIrzAO.png (217 KB, 500x366)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>92643769
That does seem higher than I'd like. Coupled with the fact that the thing is exploding because you're likely already getting shot at, the damage profile should probably be reduced. There's plenty danger in the cover being removed in any case.
>>
>game is called Kill Team
>no bespoke Deathwatch team
Okay.
>>
>>92642466
Not sure. I desperately want that brood brothers box though.
>>
File: 1710938487266334.jpg (105 KB, 820x823)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>92642466
Do I really need a terrain-brick and another Broodcoven kit? Perhaps I do.
>>
>>92644785
The box does not include broodcoven models does it?
>>
>>92644770
I really want another GSC team but I my cult is more Silent Hill the Order themed, what would be a good kit to get some bits to make the cadian kit more religious scavangers themed rather than orderly military? maybe a cawdor gang, but I don't want to fully overhaul the cult, just make it feel more culty.
>>
I'm looking to get into kill team. What book will I need to buy if I want to find the strategic and tactical ploys for a particular kill team?
>>
>>92644960
If i understood it correctly broodcoven are optional and not inside the box.
>>
>>92645256
You would need to tell WHAT particular team you want. Different teams are in different books. Most non compendium teams are in the two Annual books but not all, some are for free on the GW homepage as PDF download and some are harder to get.
>>
>>92645256
Just use wahapedia unless you've got a physical books fetish
>>
>>92645078
>Silent Hill
corpse grinder look a bit like they could be out of the game. ash waste nomads look more scavanger like without leaning into the "fantasy peasant" theme like cawdor does.
>>
>>92645400
Oh yeah those ash waste nomads are exactly what I was looking for, thank you
>>
>>92643728
I didn't even mention the smoke grenade that lasts indefinitely. That can be moved around if wanted. Or the fact these guys can be buffed to 3apl that lasts until the end of the game. Nor the ability to heal, or the ability to have a 4++ and get to retain 2 cover saves in cover....or 1 coversave outside of cover. Don't forget they can teleport all over the map to contest objectives with no reprisal tp1! I expect an emergency errata on these guys.
>>
File: 1692056767080043.png (21 KB, 389x250)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>92645858
>smoke grenade that lasts indefinitely
Only until the Shadeweaver dies.
>These guys can be buffed to 3 APL
If a specific model gets a kill, and then uses the token from said kill on another model.
>Teleport all over the map to contest objectives TP1
Only into locations that are both In Shadow and outside of LOS of operatives.
>Retain 2 coversaves in cover/ 1 coversave outside of cover
The 2 autosaves in cover is stupid, I agree. But the coversave outside of cover (along with the two autosaves) also requires shadow, and a strategic ploy.
They have a lot, but let's not be dishonest.
>>
>>92645858
Yeah, I haven't played them yet but reading through their rules as I'm painting them has me scratching my head trying to figure out if I'm understanding them right or if they really are that stupidly tricky.
Like, they will fold really fast under pressure but it really feels like they should be an 8 operative team and not 9. They're just too damn mobile for also having so many warriors.
>>
What's the consensus on who to bring for scouts against hordes like vet guard?
What model should I be leaving at home?
>>
>>92642256
KT game got canned today. Now im just bored and annoyed at having nothing to do for the rest of the day.

Doesnt help that current things with the wider 40k game has soured me a bit.

Usually play guard but been wanting to try eldar voidscars, dwarves, or orcs.
>>
File: 1576627707981.jpg (72 KB, 665x632)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>92642256
>TQ
I've got like 7 different teams, but right now if I stopped playing Corsairs I'd switch to my Chaos Cultists since I just finished painting them.
>>
>>92643398
>2 CP spent
>your one normal teleport per turn used
>your opponent knowingly walking into the dirgemaw’s effect which you announced in the strategy phase
>your dirgemaw using 2 actions that didn’t move him, meaning he was already within 6” and had LoS to the enemy
>banking on rolling a 6 and a 5+ on the FnP
Like I get that sometimes a Cryptek needs to die but that’s a little extreme.
Also if my opponent forgets which one of his models I marked for death 5 minutes ago that’s not my fault.
>>
Question I want to do a SM Scouts team as catachan, SpaceNam gets me most of the way there, but anyone know any good shotgun models for conversion?
>>
>>92645927
Check the rule on the shadoweaver, it lasts even if he's gibbed. You are thinking of screamo and the balefire dudes abilities that get taken off at death.

You are also forgetting its only 1 ap to shadowjump. You can dash 4 inches with equipment. And even if you don't reach the objective, they will have another 4 inch dash outside of their activation.

>>92647074
Yes, it's an extreme example, but once more, yall like to forget the dashes outside of activations. These fucks have great mobility. They are also deceptively tanks. And sorry it's only 1cp spent on a model. The 1cp for creeping shadow, well, you are going to be using that tp1 and possibly tp2 by default, don't think you can factor that in.

Not too mention their shooting with their antisave ability is overtuned a bit. This is a strong team.
>>
>>92642273
nice paint scheme. any tips for breachers? I would play them as auxiliaries with inquisitorial agents
>>
>>92643398
> Roll under you apl
what the fuggg
>>
Why is Hexagrammic ward for the GK limited to once per battle? I actually had fun pretending to have a battle of psykers against TS. Like ffs we get the psyker keyword and for what? for it to be pretty and occasionally get a psyk-out grenade lobbed at us?
>>
>>92648244
>Why is Hexagrammic ward for the GK limited to once per battle?
Because it would be awful for enemy psyker teams to face in a game otherwise? A once per game 3+ to deny psychic power is plenty good already for 2EP.
>we get the psyker keyword and for what?
Because you can cast psychic powers, obviously. They're pretty useful, especially the 2+ save one.
>>
>>92642256
Instead of all my current teams? i would play Veterans or Pathfinders, if i would feel that i'm cabaple of doing that. But for now it seems i'm to stupid for this game.
Btw, are there other people, who feel, that this game demands to much from them?
>>
>>92648931
Most of my issues with the game are solved by just sticking with Gallowdark.
>>
>>92648931
>i would play Veterans or Pathfinders, if i would feel that i'm cabaple of doing that.
Pathfinders are combo hell, but Vetguard really isn't *that* difficult. You just need to get into the groove of suiciding your mooks onto objectives, setting up threats with your giga gunners, and then suiciding your gunners onto objectives in TP3-4.

There's a lot of pieces to manage but each has a simple job to do. You just do your own thing every game and wait for your opponent to blunder, which will happen, since they'll just lose on points unless they try to go for a hero play.

Once you get a few reps in and understand your gameplan they're honestly pretty straightforward. Give them a try!

>are there other people, who feel, that this game demands to much from them?
What exactly are you struggling with lil bro?
>>
>>92648032
Honestly the 3+ shooting with their antisace is the part of the team I am most concerned about. All their bullshit would be fine if they were mostly a melee team. But I'm worried they can just fuck around shooting from safety all game and still win as things are.
>>
>>92646079
I am not sure if there is an overall consensus yet but usualy you just take every special operative and the only thing you need to think of is what you give the normal warriors/sergeant. against vetguard probably combat blades/chainsword.
>>
>>92646479
if you are bored of guard, go orcs. they play more melee focused so you need to change up your play. dwarfs play to similar to guard i think and voidscarred are guard with more tricks (i heared, never played them myself)
>>
>>92647390
the old scout kit had one shotgun per model and was used a lot for catachans. otherwise genestealer cult neophytes or in general necromunda have lots of shotguns.
>>
>>92646479
>>92649461
Definitely try Corsairs or Kommandos next. Dwarves are just your bog standard gunline army #3. Orcs have a fun bully playstyle and Corsairs get to play a super explosive early game.
>>
>>92644770
Same. I need those guys (to mix them into my traitor guard).
>>
As I'm reading through the nightmare booklet I have to say if there are no heretical dark mechanicum kill teams appearing soon then GW will have missed an obvious slam dunk.
>>
>>92649783
There will be a 4th box this season, and we do not have a bespoke (WD aside) Admech team either.
Admech vs Darkmech would be kino.
>>
>>92649783
>>92649827
i don't think admech will get a new kill team this edition (could be wrong obviously). the current team mostly works and uses most availble models that fit into killteam (except leaders maybe or if they are funny the stilt guy).
In addition fitting two teams with so similar models in the same box is probably not going to happen.
but it seems that end of the year next edition gets announced, so who knows if they get darkmech in the 4th box or starterset of next edition.
just keep in mind the ITD season had no stealers or terminators so they do miss good oppotunitys.
also vashtorr in bighammer is still rumored to get his own army and apparently he gets more lore in the near future. They could make a killteam for darkmech as a teaser for that or to test how goot the reception is.
>>
>>92650033
>the current team mostly works and uses most availble models that fit into killteam (except leaders maybe or if they are funny the stilt guy).

To be fair, this never seems to be a consideration for GW to do a specific new box of miniatures for KT.

>In addition fitting two teams with so similar models in the same box is probably not going to happen.

Kinda true, but then, they could do anything with both teams really. Its not like Admech is limited to the 40k Codex, nor is Darkmech for obvious reasons.

>They could make a killteam for darkmech as a teaser for that or to test how goot the reception is.

Absolutely, and it would be very strange if they didn't. But then, KT units never really seem to be tied in with what happens in 40k at large. (personally i had expected to get some kind of dark angels sprue with the scouts, but they made them generic + raven guard "official" paint scheme, so who knows what they plan).
>>
>>92648032
>it’s only 1 cp spent on a model
the example used the Strategic Ploy for dashing between activations and the Tactical Ploy for fighting first in melee, so that’s 2CP
>>
>>92649482
thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>92650201
you'll be using creeping shadow anyway so it doesn't count
>>
>>92650193
>this never seems to be a consideration for GW
is it? i mean they would need to use the same models more or less if they don't come up with something completly new what i doubt for admech.

>KT units never really seem to be tied in with what happens in 40k at large
that is kinda true but also not completly they seem to tie things in a specific way apart from each other on purpose, doing something related month befor or after the 40k release not at the same time. (again could be wrong and just imagin things)
>>
>legionaries get marks of chaos for the 4 gods, but naturally you can't pair certain gods
>no khorne and slaanesh - ok, that makes sense, they're usually opposed
>no nurgle and tzeentch - ok, they're always opposed, stagnation vs change and all that

>khorne and tzeentch is perfectly fine
???????
>>
File: IMG_20240412_100756.png (14 KB, 370x209)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>
>>92650301
Take CSM/Legionary team.
It worked, didn't it? And yet we got a Nightlord team now on top of it.
So saying "the current team mostly works" is not really something GW seems to care about when they release something new. I like the Nightlords, but they were hardly needed (nor are they currently very relevant to big-40k i think. I assume its just something one of the designers loved to do and they went with it)

>way apart from each other on purpose

GW retardism if you ask me, but whatever works for them i guess.
If i would have been in Charge, there would have been a Black Templar KT the very month the new codex dropped, and there would have been one together with the DA release.
If not a complete box, then at least an upgrade frame + WD rules.
>>
>>92650419
I guess Nurgle and Slaanesh is a much harder rivalry to sell.
>>
>>92648175
I've yet to win a game with them, actually. I am not good at games. I'm just there to be best dressed at the table.
>>
>>92650548
they want to unite loyalist spacemarines but diversify chaos that is why we have chapter specific chaos but not loyalists.
warpcoven is also a thing and i am sure they were thinking of khorne berserkers and still thinking about noise marines.
>>
>>92650419
Khorne hates Slaanesh more, whereas Tzeentch finds the Khornate to be helpfully gullible.
>>
File: IMG_20240429_115054.jpg (560 KB, 4000x3000)
560 KB
560 KB JPG
>>92648175
Counteract is a great tac-op that rewards good play, it's one of my usual picks. Pair with the usual Search and Destroy.

Learn to play without Slugs, if you master closing the distance safely in TP1, stimms and the close range shotgun profile will pay off greatly.

Drop the Gheistskull, CAT Droid and Voidjammer, and replace them for armsmen. Shotguns are quite powerful, and the GA2 is enough to finish off a straggler or get a kill then rush to cap an objective in one turn.

The key is to set up yourself to do a devastating TP2, making use of a combination of Blitz, Overwhelm Target and Breach and Clear on your first activation, using the Surveyor to give an APL to your melta or grenadier, so you Overwhelm allows you to strike with two 3 APL heavy hitters, ideally the Grenadier and Melta.

Mind that Blitz affects every target hit by blast, so the grenadier's demo charge is extra extra deadly.

A fun operative to Blitz with is the Hatchcutter, given he can open up a path your opponent didn't think of, charge through, and thanks to the chainfist's rending, strike with two guaranteed critical hits. If your opponent fails to get a critical to parry with, that's a dead Legionary.

You have a critical selection with your gunners. Plasma is must pick, but picking between multilas and melta means deciding whether you want one other tool for long-range punishing, or boost your close range punishing. The multilas is a generally weaker option in every regard, but if you run without slugs, it means the plasma will be your only long-range option unless you pick this.
>>
>>92650641
drip is a win of its own
>>92651705
thanks anon! great paintscheme there too. I will definitely pick up a box or two
>>
File: 56bb899.jpg (155 KB, 850x850)
155 KB
155 KB JPG
>>92642256
Got the nemesis claw box and I got some questions.
What is the point if 10 marines in a kt box if I only get to run 6? Why would I ever want to run the basic bitch NL warrior profile when all the nongeneric profiles mog them clearly?

Most importantly- how do I just not get my ass run over by a 10 man team? The extra wounds, better save, and extra action really don't look all that helpful on paper, especially against something like kommandos who look like they'll just run my edgy ass over. Am I supposed to be sneaky, avoid fights, hang around objectives and do the mission with a guy or two while the rest of my team suicides in?
>>
>>92651805
I haven't seen the Nemesis Claw rules, but are there only six specialists with only one loadout each? If not, you'll want spare bodies to build those extra specialists, and if you're in a WYSIWYG heavy community (or just care about it yourself), those extra loadouts.
>>
>>92651793
And don't underestimate the Endurant's Heavy Shotgun! That sucker reliably finish off guys who are a wound or two from death.

All you need from the second box is two 'heavy' bodies and two armsmen. I just printed them on my case.

Thanks for the compliment!

>>92651805
As the dude that plays the 12 unit teams against Legionaires very regularly, the key to their game is picking my heavy hitters without trading. Elites are very hard to defeat through attrition with standard weaponry due to their huge ass save and wound count, so they target my AP1 weapons to leave me toothless even when I have an activation economy advantage, and all is paired with the fact that more often than not, my heavy hitters are effectively traded when I manage to get a kill.

As to why 10, you get to build the gunner options, and also more pretty minis, why do you complain?
>>
Can someone explain how moving through a hatchway works in Gallowdark?
Can I complete a full normal move that passes through a hatchway’s access point, or can I only move 1 inch to the side of an access point when crossing through it?
>>
>>92652081
It's the former. The one inch thing means that the access point virtually is larger than what the open door shows by one inch to each side. Meaning you can pass through a good chunk of the wall, rather than just the tiny door.
>>
I've got a bunch of second ed chaos marines I want to turn into a namesis claw team, but I would have to mark some guys' bolters as bolt pistols, any way to do so without having to cut up the model?
>>
>>92651969
>As to why 10, you get to build the gunner options, and also more pretty minis, why do you complain?

I don't mind more models, just that 6 melee oriented marines seem like they'll lose a lot of matchups if the 10 man squad has decent melee combatants. I've played Hunter Clade & I know Sicarians chew through marines, so I can't imagine what better melee like orks or beastmen would do in the matchup.
>>
>>92651805
So the sprues you have are the normal chaos marine sprue and a Night Lords upgrade sprue. In normal 40k you get 10 marines per box which is why you get 10 bodies. (also if you play normal 40k you can slide your kill team in as a normal unit)
Marine teams get to shoot twice which helps a lot.
14 man teams have 7W and 5+ saves so even your normal bolters chew through them. 10 man teams usually rock 4+ saves and like 8-10 wounds. 4+ saves can usually mean half of your shots get through and if you get 1 kill per activation that’s half of their team gone in one turn.
As an elite team you just need to make sure you know where all of their AP shooting is. lasgun and shuriken rifle fire are much less threatening than a plasma or melta. You’ll probably miss some of your saves even at 3+ but if they vet guard player spends 5 activations to whittle down one marine from lasgun fire that’s so much of his time wasted not spent getting an objective.
>>
The mandrakes seem pretty tanky as long as they are in shadow, pretty much dead with 8 wounds outside of it.
>>
>>92652081
>>92652162
Basically for rules simplicity the hatchway walls just don't exist when moving models. The whole segment between pillars is open as long as the door is.
>>
>>92652535
Because you're really underestimating how much damage a normal bolter, rifle or pistol, can deal to 7 or 8 wound teams, in tandem with Malicious Volleys. You're able to reliably one-activation kill one of those operatives through two shoots (And Veteran of the Long War) and being able to withstand most punishment that is not dealt by AP weapons. Learning how to close the distance while taking the least punishment possible is how you win matches, as soon they are in bolter pistol range, you can mow down any horde team, and use melee as a war to force them to engage in losing fights or debuffing (I hate fighting against my friend's Shrivetalon+Grisly Trophy because effectively is an aura that fucks up my line).
>>
File: 1679298152642562.gif (267 KB, 850x650)
267 KB
267 KB GIF
>>92648032
>Check the rule on the shadow-weaver
I did, and I'm glad you asked, because I didn't know the shadow portal could persist past death. However, I'm still in the right as the 'weave darkness' token does get removed on death. Weave darkness being the smoke grenade you're talking about
>I'm forgetting it's only 1 AP to shadowjump
I don't believe I did? I only mentioned the limitations of shadow jumping. And the shadowjump becoming free when you use a portal to do it lets you dash + do objective shenanigans, so yeah that's pretty absurd.
>>
File: 1712088229448132.png (288 KB, 514x524)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>>92648440
I just wish GK had something else but relentless storm bolters and copy pasted ploys from marines.
>>
Is the Broodcoven team in any way viable to play iin comparison to Wyrmblade?
>>
>>92655037
It's a shame that it's so dull, yeah. At least you get tide of celerity and shadows, psychic powers, and some equipment variety though, my Deathwatch are stuck with a krak grenade, maybe a suspensor system if I bring the infernus bolter, and filling the rest with purity seals. Meanwhile free psychic power once a game equipment lets you pull off some neat little bonus plays and a 4/5 storm bolter shreds real good.
>>
>>92655110
Not really, rockcutters with mining tool rigs are decent at two shotting marines, take one fireteam of those and one of metamorphs if you're dead set on running this, but other than against other compendiums, I don't see it winning often.
>>
>>92655168
Okay thx, i was thinking about something along that line to shake things up using other models. Guess with all the Flamers it's more fitting against horde teams?
>>
>>92655249
sure, 7 wound humans are also susceptible to rock cutters and drills one shotting them.
>>
>>92642256
If I could no longer play blooded I'd play the dedicated tyranid kill team, oh wait...
>>
I play elucidians, inquisitors, wyrmblade, intercessors, nids and custodes more or less to the same degree, I think I'm good.
>>
File: 1713414322789190m.jpg (62 KB, 768x1024)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>92654757
>>92648032
>>92643398
You guys have me worried, my friend plans to main mandrakes
Just how obnoxious are they to play against?
>>
>>92655756
public consensus is they’re strong. High lethality and you need to make sure you don’t play into their hand.
Remember that if his chooser of flesh gets a kill then someone on his team gets a permanent +1 APL.
He has a tac ploy to be the attacker in melee so anyone charging in on less than 5 wounds will probably die instantly.
He’ll basically always have a 4+ invuln so prioritze more shots over AP.
They seem like they’ll be blowing all of their CP pretty quickly so it may be worth it to force him to use all of his bullshit ploys on T1 and T2 so starve him for T3 and T4.
>>
Played two rounds of attack/defence on nightmare. One of the nightmare narrative missions. Death guard vs my Blooded. Rolled for a Tsunami but it didn't show up till turn 4. Was a really fun morning.
>>
I'm going to make my custodes muscle mommies
>>
>>92655756
Like the other anon told you in detail, you are fucked, they are REALLY obnoxious to play against, They have way to many gotcha moments and many of the rules are more or less inevitable and just ignore whatever you do.

>>92655835
Always glad to hear people had fun actually playing the game.

>>92655885
Have fun, post pics.
>>
File: IMG_0470.jpg (112 KB, 1079x960)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
I have a rules question to ask the thread.
The most recent dataslate changed Beta-Decima hazardous zones to remove visibility instead of providing obscurity.
I think that this means it removes visibility for all effects (like the Warpcoven Internal Fire spell) and not just shooting but someone I know is saying it only affects when drawing Line of Sight for shooting attacks. (as the rules for Line of Sight in the core book are part of the shooting section and would then be only ever checked for shooting attacks and nothing else.)
The lust provoking image is to draw attention to the post.
>>
Anyone looking for the Gallowdark narrative terrain, Warlock 3D Models has them all as STL files for Canadian dollars. Although I'm sure you can find them for free somewhere.
I know there was some talk of boarding actions and terrain sets a few threads ago.
>>
>might actually have my team done in time for a game this weekend
cool
now to hope i can keep track of everything
>>
>>92656610
What team?
>>
>>92656239
Visibility and Line of Sight are NOT part of the Shooting Action.:"Some rules will require an operative (known as the intended target in the following rules) to be in the active operative’s Line of Sight (LoS), such as when selecting a valid target for a shooting attack."
"such as" implies that there are other instances for testing LoS. I mean the Skill states if the target is VISIBLE and the change to Beta-Decima states "not VISIBLE". the section about LoS isn't even in the shooting section (in the Rulebook) and multiple Skills explicid ask for proof of LoS.
>>
>supposed to be playing against mandrakes this Saturday
>I play kasrkin
What the fuck do I do, its a 10 vs 9 but his guys are ridiculous
Seems like an auto loss before we even play
>>
>>92658981
Cant give you any proper advise since i dont play Kasrkin and never played against them, but wtf were GW thinking with that Mandrake team?
I kinda get that they want to make them a threat, so they need to be somewhat strong. But wouldn't have 6 guys not been enough?
>>
>>92659053
I think the team will get cut to 8 and it will be just fine.
They're also really shadow and LOS-blocking terrain dependent so on more open boards that aren't Gallowdark or have that new giant heavy terrain feature They will struggle a lot more.
Now that I think about it, their rules were probably written before they changed the hazardous terrain on bheta decima to be line of sight blocking instead of just obscuring.
>>
>>92656610
The more you play the better. You'll end up learning. I had to keep referring to each of my operative cards, tac ploys and Strat ploys all the time. Now I remember most of them pretty well.
My advice is stick to one team for now, it's the best way to learn the game. Then it makes it much easier to use another team
>>
>>92658981
well half your ploys are useless, your 4+ armor will be reduced to 5+ against shooting, your weapons ap will be ignored, one of your gunners will just get superinjured.
its hard to differentiate these guys but try to kill the guy that gives +1 apl to his buddies,
try to block theyre teleport by sprading out a bit, they cant teleport in LoS.
maybe give everyone combat blades because shooting will be hardly doing anything if it does not ignore cover saves mw or crits.
i have not enought experience with them for more.
>>
>>92658090
Yeah that’s what i’m saying, I literally used the fact that it said “such as” in my argument.
>>
>>92659564
>4+ Sv reduced to 5+
I think you mean reduced to 2-
:)
>>
>>92657208
Legionaries. Not too many individual guys to keep track of, but I struggled with Battletech because of the amount of overhead I had to either keep in my head or write down, and I'm hoping it's not going to be as bad here.
>>92659319
I don't have the money for a second team yet, so that's at least self solving, lol.
>>
File: 1691348307765529.jpg (95 KB, 500x630)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
Bought the phobos strike team.

My unassembled kill teams so far are:

- vet guard
- kommandoz
- kroot
- navy breachers
- inquisitorial kill team
- cultists
- tau pathfinders
- night lords
- mandrakes
- phobos

Which one should I assemble first? The mandrakes seem the easiest.
>>
>>92659839
How many kill teams do you have that are painted to nonpainted
>>
>>92660020
So far it's a 0 to 10 ratio. I'm thinking mandrakes for a start. Then I'll finish assembling the kommandos.
>>
>>92659777
yea true, but it is easyer to understand and compare this way.

>>92659770
yea then he's either an idiot or an asshole (or just had a retarded moment we all can have from time to time).

>>92659839
if you want to play soon with your first build team make kommandoz or breacher. if you want easy to paint tau or phobos, maybe mandrakes they can be easy or hard depending on the quality you want.
>>
>>92643398
>>92643728
>>92645858
wow, if you list every single ploy and every single specialist move at once without thinking about how many command points you actually get in a game a team sure sounds crazy

almost anything other than compendium teams would sound like bullshit if you described them like this and if your opponent is unfamiliar with the team
>>
>>92660337
Nta but it's more that everything they have is good and they can do basically everything at a high level
Mobility, durability, strong ranged, strong melee, tac ploys to fuck over your opponents plans, good equipment, 9 operatives and good tac ops
There is literally nothing this team is bad at
>>
>>92660572
They ayre dead outside of shadows and have no other APL boosting outside of the big swordsman.
>>
>>92660640
They can be pseudo 3 APL with the strat ploy that let's them dash after an opponents activation
>>
>>92645503
can't wait to get the brood brothers team so I can put it on those ash waste bodies, I wonder if I'll be able to build everything while leaving the cadian kit untouched so I can sell it off.
>>
File: muhmandrakes.jpg (314 KB, 1688x1081)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Alright drakes assembled. Time to build the kommandoz.
>>
For gallowdark terrain should I bring the scout hunter or swap him out for another warrior?
I don’t think I’ll get much mileage out of the grapnel assault on such a flat map.
>>
>>92664028
If you want a shotgun sure, but havin a melee oriented guy is not wrong either and there is no differenz between warrior and hunter in that case. (if you don't play specops)
>>
File: mfz1kpdhrTSliOi0.jpg (251 KB, 1000x1234)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
>>92660572
>There is literally nothing this team is bad at
Doing the actual mission. They only have 9 bodies with 2APL. They're also fragile as hell in melee, being 8 wounds. Their comms needs to be on the front line and if he dies the team folds.
>>92660640
They're realistically always in shadow
>>92659564
>shooting will hardly be doing anything
Why are you retards acting like a 4++ automatically blocks anything? A plasmagun is still 5/6 damage.
>>92658981
Put knives on everyone and spend elite points whenever he charges to force through 3-4 damage. Prioritize killing the guy with the giant flaming blade so he can't get any extra APL.

Have multiple threats set up start of TP2 near the dirgemaw so if he activation interrupts one of them you can jump him with the other.

Don't let him cheat by teleporting a guy normally and then creating a portal afterwards, that's a common misunderstanding.

Don't get psyched out by the invun saves. A meltagun crit still takes away half the health of anyone you hit, and then a single failed save from your other hits finishes him off. If you roll a natural 6 you can double crit with the melta and auto kill a mandrake.
>>92660664
And how many turns can the mandrake player afford to keep that move active and also pay to the auto retain and also pay for the fights first and also pay for the heal and also pay for the rerolls they need to be reliable in combat?
>>
>>92664421
I think people are definitely spooked more than necessary by the team. The unusual abilities bypassing or altering how core rules usually work makes it very easy to see them as incredibly powerful because it requires some new ideas to play against. Once people get used to the team and understand it we'll be seeing a lot less of this fearmongering.
>Why are you retards acting like a 4++ automatically blocks anything?
To be fair a 4++ with two auto-retains is pretty tough, especially for BS4+ teams that might not reliably get more than 2 hits on average.

Personally my only major worries are positioning-based tac ops being uninteractive against them, and how they'll feel on ItD where they can do some wack TPing to my understanding.
>>
>>92664572
>>92664421

in most cases it is not even about powerful just how annoying and "boring" it is to play against them, and all these gotcha momentas until people have enougth plays against them to know what the rules of them actually are.

also as far as i know the dirgmaw can block multiple enemys from activation so he could potetionaly block that tactic depending on the dice gods.
>>
File: 1678409485477137.png (48 KB, 280x280)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
>>92663365
You will suffer as I have trying to paint that Chooser's chest past his sword.
>>
File: 1675546725543067.png (246 KB, 680x566)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
>>92665076
Are their seriously still people who don't paint in sub-assemblies?!
>>
>>92665088
he at least painted it, not assembling it and changing to the next.
>>
>>92665088
I didn't for my current batch of models, but that's because I needed to greenstuff things with both arms in place for several of them, and GW loves terrible sprue design now.
>>
>>92665088
nta but sub-assemblies are a case by case basis for me.
Chooser i’m raw dogging but the Shadeweaver is getting his flap done separately.
>>
>>92663365
You have TEN armies unpainted, screw more assembly. Paint nigga, paint!
>>
>>92665088
If I can't reach it with my brush then no one will see it anyway.
>>
If mandrakes are only a 9 model team (they will never, ever get buffed to 10) and they have no alternative roster options, what should I do with the 5th warrior model that I have no use for? Is there some kind of cool conversion people are doing with it, maybe as a way to represent a Warrior buffed by Soul Harvest to 3 APL?
>>
>>92666436
He's the hidden tenth operative, keep him in the actual shadows and activate him when the opponent grows dull and weary from trying to keep track of the rest of your rules
>>
>>92664572
>To be fair a 4++ with two auto-retains is pretty tough, especially for BS4+ teams that might not reliably get more than 2 hits on average.
Sure, but that's assuming they're in cover and you're standing there trading fire with them.
>>92664798
>and all these gotcha momentas until people have enougth plays against them to know what the rules of them actually are.
That is literally every team.
>also as far as i know the dirgmaw can block multiple enemys from activation so he could potetionaly block that tactic depending on the dice gods.
You're incorrect, the dirgemaw only haunts one operative. You should play with or against the team before doomposting about them.
>>
>>92668023
He's confused the dirgemaw with the leader. The dirgemaw interrupts an appointed enemy operative. The leader can deny all activations within 6 inches.
>>
File: 78848897.jpg (76 KB, 1300x866)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
Weird question, but as someone newish to kill team, is there any value in getting old KT18 sets or is it not worth the money due to rule changes/teams no longer being valid?
>>
>>92668369
the second, nothing from KT18 is valid.
Actually, gellarpox vs starstriders is KT18 right? then that would be good, if you somehow found it for a good price.
>>
>>92668369
Depends on the exact kit, since some models are still relevant
Fangs of Ulfrich would be a way to get reivers for a phobos strike team while also nabbing some extra terrain, the starter set with admech and GSC is probably half each of a Hunter Clade and Wyrmblade KT, and as the other anon said the rogue trader teams were imported model for model.
If you're thinking of any particular set you could run it past here, we can probably answer.
>>
>>92668369
>old KT18 sets

Some of these came with terrain, didn't they?
I'd say if you can get one of those for a good price, they are worth it
>>
>>92665088
They are getting primed in black so it shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>92658981
Every kasrkin matchup is an autoloss, they're the game's worst designed team.
>>
>>92668946
statistics proof you wrong
>>
>>92668946
I love them though, the navy seals of the guard is such a cool concept for me.
>>
>>92668814
>Priming in black
Good luck with the glowing runes.
>>
>>92668092
>He's confused the dirgemaw with the leader.
yes exactly

>>92668023
>That is literally every team.
most teams are as hard on that (some are)
>>
File: 1712313937167780.png (618 KB, 993x976)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
MY brother exclusively plays ranged armies only in 40k and Kill team and avoids melee like the plague; how do I get him out of this behaviour cause fucking shooting only fags
>>
>>92669850
holy hell that was esl typing from myself sorry boiz
>>
>>92669850
Either play an even gayer ranged list that forces him to come to you or jam melee down his throat so hard he gets Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>92669850
Most guys with Gunlinesyndrom either just love the virtuell aestetics of cool dakka bumm bang and tend to take the coolest biggest guns or just don't like to bother with the more complicated fiddly melee rules, In both cases forcing him into melee to much could ruin his fun and he starts disliking the game OR he could get used to it and sees fun in that too, be aware of that.
>>
File: 755532240.jpg (2.01 MB, 2614x1960)
2.01 MB
2.01 MB JPG
One down, 9 to go

Also quick question for Ventrilokar- if I use him to reduce a guy's apl, is that permanent or just for the turn?
>>
>>92670339
APL modifiers just last through that operatives next activation
>>
>>92670339
Permanent.
>>
>>92670367
>last through that operatives next activation
That's still nice tho, at least I don't have to try and bum rush towards some guy that hasn't been activated yet. Glad I can just pick a high profile target that's already been activated and it'll just take effect next turn
>>
>>92670339
Are you using Vallejo washes by any chance? I'm hoping this is evidence it's not just me that gets a weirdly sandy result from them.
>>
>>92670339
core rules say "If an operative’s APL is modified, it lasts until the end of its current or next activation (whichever comes first). " so it is more like you already spent one apl for an action for that operative.
>>
>>92670562
If an operative has already activated and you give it -1apl, that does also reduce its apl for the purpose of controlling objectives because the modifier stays until it activates again
>>
>>92670587
yes
>>
>>92670587
to be more precise not until he activates again but until he finishs that upcoming activation.
>>
File: borzoi.png (1.44 MB, 640x1754)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>92656239
Eldar are to humans what borzoi are to wolves.
>>
File: 774466.jpg (1.48 MB, 2336x1751)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB JPG
>>92670446
It's ak streaking grime dabbed off with mineral spirits on speckled layers- the effect is pretty much exactly what I was going for to give it a weathered look, though it might be a tad matte for night lords. Was thinking about a glossy black oil wash to give him a greasy shine (tested on the legs) but I decided might be a bit much
>>
>>92670840
I would grease shine the fuck out of that and maybe make the lightning pop more.

I've been looking into inquisitors and I'm sort of mad that chaos doesn't have the equivalent to pull from multiple teams. Not even sure how they would do it but its neat.

I have some offbrand bloodied warband and I'm not sure how to paint them to compliment my Khorne Marines. I guess brown with red and gold highlights where applicable works but Im sort of disappointed I painted my deathguard so boring. Does anyone have some snazzy bloodied out there.
>>
File: 40k_abominant_metamorph3.png (2.37 MB, 1968x1716)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB PNG
After some play I've come to the conclusion that the ideal hive fleet loadout (against marines) is scything talons deathspitter leader, venom canon scything talons gunner, lash whip, bonesword and scything talons fighter, and 5 genestealers. Scything talons are actually slightly superior to boneswords in all scenarios, according to the KT calculator, and a deathspitter has both more damage potential, and more damage spread, so you're likely to trigger aggresive biostrain. Venom cannon might be a "trap option" but it seems to me that treating it as a sometimes thing, and using that operative as another fighter is still superior unless you really need the extra melee oomph, maybe against a full assault intercessor team.
>>
Who do you think is the most fun team to play against?
>>
>>92671685
to many factors to say especially from personal preference point of few.
if you like to duke it out in melee something like Gallerpox or Hive Fleet are good.
if you like Gunline fights Pathfinder or kasrkin.
if you like taking Gunlines out in melee Veteran or pathfinder.
if you like shooting ranges chaos cult
you get what i mean.
>>
>>92668092
>>92668092
>The leader can deny all activations within 6 inches.
The kasrkin can redeploy to 6.1 inches away with their dash in the strategy phase and then walk up and shoot the leader point blank, which I suggest the kasrkin player do if he's still reading.
>>
>finally painting the kommandos I've had on my shelf for 3 years
Feels good to get some green on these boyz after so long.
Any tips for Kommandos? I split an octarius box and never bothered playing with them before now.
>>
File: 3737375.jpg (1.69 MB, 2163x1960)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>92670936
>I would grease shine the fuck out of that and maybe make the lightning pop more.

It's a matter of opinion I guess, I did the head as well, showed it to my group, and my buddy said 'gross, no keep it matte' haha

I'm still kinda torn desu, the shiny ick is neat but I do agree it kind of fucks with the color transitions of the model

Marking the lightning pop is an easy to fix issue tho, I can just use purer white and lay my strokes more heavily
>>
File: Forest Beast.jpg (2.39 MB, 4000x2023)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB JPG
>>92671685
I've said it before, Blooded is great. Never feels unfair, however the game goes.
>>
>>92672681
Where is that ogryn from? Looks pretty cool
>>
>>92674355
No idea, I'm the guy with nothing but GW official parts trying to bring the ogryn down so I don't have a lot of experience. Maybe the head of the traitor guy in the back would help identify the source?
>>
>>92642256
Okay so I'm retarded, please tell me what I should be buying, my friend has the T'au kill team, what's something good that will be fun to play against him?
>>
>>92675362
Fellgor Ravagers! Any team you put up against his gunline will be in for a slog so you may as well make it a band of bloodthirsty, raping beastmen!
>>
>>92675362
If you want to punish him for being a gunline dickhead you could go Necrons. Show him how much AP1 4/5 can hurt 7W models with 5+ saves.
>>
Is there a color like THE FANG just as contrast paint or speed paint or so?
>>
Relatively new player here. I run Harlequins, and generally me and my buddies play on Bheta-Decima. Am I just fucked compared to shooting teams? I mean, it feels like there's just not enough cover generally, no?
>>
>>92676179
The water should be providing you with enough cover that you ideally should not be shot at on turn 1. It sucks you lost flying but you still have enough mobility and Domino field to basically avoid shooting on T1
>>
>>92676455
The water helps, but is it basically not just two murder hallways on the sides and then a flat kill floor on the platforms with no cover besides barricades?
>>
>>92676179
Harlequins used to be unbeatable on BD until their recent nerf. Haven't actually played against them on it since though.
>>
>>92676476
I mean yes, but gantries can provide obscurity over different elevations and you having the bootleg flying still lets you charge 8” over barricades since traversing isn’t a climb.
It may mean on BD you’re taking scouting option 1 more often than not.
>>
>>92676657
>the bootleg flying still lets you charge 8” over barricades
Flip belts ignore other operatives, and make it so you never climb more than 2.
You still pay for traverse as normal.
>>
Has anyone played Scouts?
I’m considering whipping up some Red Corsair ones but wanted any opinions on how they play.
>>
>>92676687
Okay, no one around me plays harlequins so I didn’t read the rule that closely.
but thanks for the clarification because I am gonna TO a tournament soon so i’ll need to know.
>>
>>92676687
Have you played as or against void dancers post nerf? I can't get the pulse on whether the change makes them balanced or terrible and I haven't had a chance to field mine in a bit.
>>
>>92676858
Only once with and once against, but it gave me a clear picture.
Very solid statlines, 2+ 4/4 shotguns and 10 wounds is just always good. The sergeant feels extra cool with the 3 APL and comms-like ability.
The main draw of the team though is definitely the forward scouting, it really opens up all sorts of opportunities on T1 if you're able to devise a plan with it.
>>
>>92676858
Same actually, but I'm thinking Lamenters covered in bloody bandages and bleeding out of bullet holes in their armour.
>>
>>92679493
>lamenters trying desperately to recruit people that can endure their bad luck
>>
>>92679573
>Pick based on lottery in the hopes they get people who have natural luck to counteract the curse
>Don't realise that they are now actually getting the least lucky
>>
>>92677990
Only one game and in betha decima, they seemed somewhat weak but it could have been only the map.
>>
>>92656610
>finish the last model ahead of schedule (minus base cleanup)
>prospective weekend game canceled
win some, lose some
now to decide between painting more options for the legionaries or building the kommandos
>>
>>92675362
>playing against pathfinders
>fun
Anon, I have some bad news to tell you...
>>
I'm putting together a phobos team and the most important question is should they be ultramarines or crimson fists?
>>
File: witness me.jpg (850 KB, 4032x3024)
850 KB
850 KB JPG
>>92681806
crimson fists are cooler, bonus points if you have a friend that plays orks
>>
>>92681806
I say go for Option C.
>>
>>92681806
crimson fists, but really dirty blue and bright red like that one piece of art.
>>
File: assault.png (939 KB, 784x555)
939 KB
939 KB PNG
>>92675362
hunter clade vs pathfinders is great, you get a little less firepower, but you get the bonus of a ticking time bomb for turn 2 to blend them up in melee with scicarians. that way you get a good satisfying firefight, and then you get to stomp on them in melee
>>
>>92681868
Hunter Clade feels like the perfect middle-of-the-pack team that all other teams should be balanced against. They do a little bit of everything alright but take a lot of careful thought and planning to get the most out of. They also have the most roster variety out of every "bespoke" team besides Inquisition.
>>
File: Duel.png (5.54 MB, 3000x2101)
5.54 MB
5.54 MB PNG
>>92681947
hell yea, the only bad part of the hunter clade is the price from buying multiple boxes to get all the options. only mitigated by have a 40k admech army, but part of the appeal of kill team is cheaper price so it's not really an argument
>>
File: Kill Team Stats 2.png (291 KB, 1517x982)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>92681849
Time for some Statslop.

Honestly this seems like a very competitive moment, there's probably two teams considered oppressive at the moment (Felgore and Mandrakes). Mandrakes as the new team I think are only going to go down as people learn to deal with their shit and they get in the hands of more players (more badder players).There's some 'Overperforming in competitive and longer play' teams (Heirotek and Kommandos a few others) but outside of the two leaders it honestly seems like a really competitive field , A and B in this list could easily be combined(AB Tier if you will). Even some compendium teams i n that 45-55% range (although with sketchy data, Imperial Guard, Traitor Marines, Space marines, etc).

So /ktg/, how do you feel about the meta. I think they overestimated how bad off warp coven was. I hope they just bring back the 6' sorcerer bit instead of 9% instead of ruining something else. I'm happy as fuck painting blooded.
>>
>>92681982
AdMexh being the most expensive team to play is at least consistent in every game.
>>
>>92681996
More than half the teams are over 50% win rate. I feel like this is misleading without under and overrepresented teams being called out.
>>
>>92681996
>kasrkin 42%
What change is needed to make them perform better, /ktg/?
>>
So how Night Lords vs Mandrakes and Raven Guard vs Scorpions stories ended?
>>
File: surprise renovation.jpg (887 KB, 4032x3024)
887 KB
887 KB JPG
>>92682053
better tac ploys and strat ploys would be a start, before the shitposters just talk about 3+ BS.
they're all either underwhelming or really hard to use for no reason, making them feel like a wasted CP. (except reposition)
>>
File: 1670681024971610.jpg (141 KB, 1200x1491)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>92682053
i'm the anon who plays Kasrkin earlier in the thread, i was going to write a paragraph but >>92682099 summed it up
reposition is literally the only good strat ploy, and the tac ploys and extremely niche, just throw them all away and start over.
>>
>>92681996
Kommandos that low? Is it because it's everyone's first team? But vet guard are in the starter set too and they are up there.
>>
>>92682011
I mean you can search yourself. Over representation isn't really a problem (its a stat more data points is only going to show a truer representation of a win rate). The most obviously 'under rerepresented teams' are the literal new ones (Mandrake, Nemesis) which are likely to move down (as more less skilled people get added to the player pool). A couple of the unexpectred winners (Justian, Chaos Cults) are probably benefiting from it a little. You have to remember that there's teams not listed in a graph for simplicity (6% or more under compendium teams, etc).
>>
>>92682245
It's strange, I feel like the 'skilled Kommando players' may be expanding their teams played after the nerfs (and with new teams being released, etc). They are still very popular and performing better in longer formats and with tourney placements so I doubt the nerf actually hurt that much.

>>92682099
I think Kasrkin and Legionaries both suffer from this a little. Legionaries (based on how you build them and they encourage meme builds to a degree). You can get yourself locked to like one good tactical ploy. I'd like to see a detailed break down for how the milatarum teams fare (Imperial Guard, Kasrkin, Vets and Blooded), I don't think these teams are that far apart.
>>
>>92681806
Ultras are for Tyrannic War Vets.
Anything else Crimson is the Way to go
>>
>>92682056
bump
>>
>>92677990
losing fly without getting some buffs in compensation was a bit too far, they're somewhat weak atm. they could probably regain the 1 cp per turn from saedath and domino field back to flat 1 cp.
>>
Narrative play, does anyone have experience with longer campaigns?
>>
File: dangerous height.jpg (761 KB, 3837x2390)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
>>92682668
we added a map conquest type thing on the side to make it more interesting, still going on and it's fun, though I didn't know necromunda had a similar system and mayby we'll try to adapt some rules from that to add more layers
>>
File: traitors.jpg (100 KB, 646x648)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>92674750
The head belongs to a trooper from one of the Station Forge STL sets, pic related.
However, the Ogryn is not from that set, nor from any other i know sadly.
>>
>>92682668
depends on what you see as longer. we have around 8-15 matches per team with 7 teams.
it is not much but more than most people have i guess. without overall goal and story you loose interest pretty fast because of the booktracking and unbalance that occures, in those cases some just want to play normal instead.
>>
File: nightmare terrain piece.jpg (133 KB, 1125x645)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
This thing a board unto itself.

26 by 22.5 cm.
>>
File: IMG_20240423_215713370.jpg (1.83 MB, 3650x2870)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>92683530
Seriously. You can fit an entire team on it with room to spare.
>>
>>92683530
>>92684204
They will charge you $80 for it individually. Mark my words.
>>
>>92684335
Will it ever appear individually?
>>
File: nintendo 64 size.jpg (97 KB, 1422x722)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Sweet mercy it's bigger than a nintendo 64.
>>
>>92684671
Nice
>>
Started assembling the Voidscarred. I didn't realise that they had so many alternate Kabalite heads, they'll be neat to use elsewhere. I presume that the specialists require the specific heads?
>>
>>92660640
>They ayre dead outside of shadows
Which team would be the first to bring along huge fuck-off spotlights to the battlefield?
>>
>>92665088
I tried sub-assemblies once.
Having to cover where the joints when priming is awkward, as is trying to prime weapons or heads separately from the main bodies.
>>
>>92685335
you can just scrape it away afterwards or just get some playdo or blutac
>>
>>92685372
I used blutack and still ended up having to scrape away at the primer.
>>
Can Harlequins use solitaires yet?
>>
>>92685177
Wyrmblade actually has it as an equipment option already
>>
>>92685429
well sounds like you did something wrong then, but you do you anyway its not like you try to win an award with your minis some even do this on purpose and just dont realy paint parts you can barely see
>>
I have my first game of ITD tomorrow. Any tips for set up or general gameplay to keep it fun? I've read the close quarters rules already.
I'll be running scouts against veteran guard. Looking forward to seeing how my shotguns fare.
>>
>>92685510
Wouldn't that be a bit like Snikrot joining the kommandos?
>>
>>92685656
Make good use of Guard actions and Hatchway Fights. Don't be afraid to spend an action closing a door in later TPs to tax him AP to open it again.
>>
>>92685429
NTA but don't use blue tack use liquid masking tape with a silicone brush (the one that's just a silicone point) and it'll come off brainlessly and without any residue. Blue tack or any type of putty type thing generally has weird interactions with citadel primer and will half melt which is why it's sticking to your model. Liquid masking tape doesn't do that.
>>
Holy fuck these terrain/LOS rules are fucking confusing as hell, especially with the stupid triangle square circle bullshit and the conceal/engaged thing changing it further. Why did GW think this was a good idea.

For the tacops that say you can score in subsequent turning points in addition to the regular scoring does that mean you can just keep scoring that tacop repeatedly? Is that what its trying to say?
>>
>>92687282
They make more sense when you put models on the board. the Kill Team writers just make everything bloated and wordy.
>>
>>92687282
No it's one point if you do it once, one point if you do it later. No tacop gives more than 2 VP.
>>
Space marine scouts vs eldar aspect warriors seems like a crazy power mismatch.
>>
>>92687387
Space marines are batman, they have the advantage of preparation.
>>
>>92687387
It kind of reflects on the board too, after you do all your scouting shenanigans the team plays very meh in the game itself.
That's what I've heard at least.
>>
>>92682668
You'll notice that teams with capability to reduce the effects of battle scars will snowball quite quickly, specially with Elites. Once my friend's Legionnaires obtained their second rank, my breachers were unable to o enough damage to them, despite all of them having 10w (stimm + resilient)
>>
>found an old dark eldar character conversion buried in a box that would be great for a kill team leader
Fuck, that's another team I guess. And I'll have to figure out a color scheme too since I never painted this one.
>>
File: IMG_20240502_222934.jpg (2.57 MB, 4640x2610)
2.57 MB
2.57 MB JPG
Putting together the starter kit over the next couple nights.
Should I get the compendium next?
>>
>>92687822
No
>>
>>92687822
no, get blooded instead, shave off the chaos bits and play them as chem dogs if you don't like chaos.
>>
>>92688254
what guard regiment would each guardlike team play as?
blooded->Vostroyans (focus on standing out)
wyrmblade->Catachan(focus on hiding and jungle ambush)
traitor space marine running only cultists->penal legions (totally underequipped)
>>
Was thrift shopping and snagged a 2005 (I think it was from 2005) metal ork kommandos box.
How much could I sell this thing for, /ktg/?

And generally how large is the scale creep between the 2005 metal/finecast ork kommandos, and the ork boyz that utilize the ForgeWorld ork Kommandos upgrade kit? Remember that from ForgeWorld?
>>
>>92687822
Compendium is mostly archive for older stuff. Unless there was a team or two in there that you wanted to have a paper copy of (instead of just playing from ktdash or wahapedia) I would save the money (probably a new book coming out for the end of year, save your money for that).
>>
>>92688254
oh if you meant the compendium book, not the compendium guard team, the answer is still no
>>
File: 40k_kommando.png (430 KB, 1074x461)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
>>92688305
minicompare says FW=NewKit>Boy. it has a small error margin, I'd assume they're all cross compatible.
>>
>>92687767
Pic?
>>
Does anyone have a PDF copy or pastebin of Into the Dark, Shadowvault, Soulshackle and Gallowfall?
I want to read the Gallowdark story.
Ebay doesn't seem have most of them.
>>
>>92687822
either save your money like the other anon sayed or think about buying the Annual books (especially the newer one from last year if you want any of the teams or just the into the dark rules and missions)
>>
>>92688944
the Kill Team Annual 2023 has all the rules of those books but i doubt they also have the story but its not impossible?
>>
Are those the current most believed rumors? Someone told me the current rumores are that july gets the Termination box released, october the next one, also around that time should be the announcement of next edition.
>>
>>92689388
That is less a rumor and more basic pattern recognition of GW releases lately. GW could always throw a curve ball though depending on how things are getting shuffled around behind the scenes with a bunch of other huge releases.
>>
>>92689752
Okay well that is easy then.
Any bigger events around those times where announcements or releases could happen?
I guess box 4 will be spoilered befor the release of Termination, like with the other boxes then? In that case Termination would be released ealyest after the next big event.
>>
File: 1713623858441251.jpg (83 KB, 600x661)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>92689818
Next "big event" is later this month, but that batch of reveals will probably be focused almost entirely on the the new edition of AoS. I doubt we will see more Kill-Team news until late June at the earliest.
>>
>>92688318
The newer book coming out, would it have different teams and rules?
>>
>>92690104
Yea, i hope they do show more Killteam, but seems unlikely. Maybe a small teaser, last yea they also announced just one team from the new box instead of both.
>>
File: 20240502_213454~(1).jpg (602 KB, 839x1333)
602 KB
602 KB JPG
>>92688393
Still working on stripping the primer completely, but this was my planned 7e Archon model that I built just before the 8e changeover. Figure it works as a blast pistol + venom blade Archsybarite. Maybe too tall, but line of sight is a mess anyway in KT it seems.
>>
>>92690246
>los
you use the base of the model, no?
>>
>>92690282
"visibility" is the model itself
Line of Sight uses the base from a top down 2d perspective (mostly)
>>
>>92690282
That's what I thought, but I've seen people trying to use true line of sight. I haven't gotten to play yet, so I haven't seen it in action, just what's in the rules.
>>
>>92690304
I will model extremely WAAC models if anyone tries to pull shit like this on my blinged-out models. grey knights emerging from the ground type shit.
>>
>>92690282
KT is a bit complicated because there are different standards of vision depending on the rules being applied.

Visible means that you can draw a line from an operative's head to any part the other model, ignoring the base.

Cover rules are determined based on lines and cones emanating from the base. Honestly I've read through the section 3 times in Wahapedia and I'm not sure I have any idea what's going on beyond that.

I think it boils down to "An operative is obscured if it is far enough away from an obscuring feature that crosses the cone of base LOS" and "An operative is in cover if it has a conceal order if it is close enough to said feature that crosses a cone of base LOS, or a cover feature and the enemy is not close enough to it to see and fire around it." But I'm not sure.
>>
>>92690594
I think I'll just play wrong, then
>>
>>92642256
Kill team would make a great competitive game either as an FPS or some kind of small scale rts.
>>
>>92642662
Oh shit I also like Tsons and dark angles. I wonder if there's a correlation.
>>
>>92690616
morally grey - "Magnus did nothing wrong" + Lion hunting down apostates within his own legion?
>>
>>92690607
That's not possible anon, as long as you and your opponent are playing the same way it can't be wrong. Rules exist to facilitate games, not the other way around.
>>
Can night lords generate prescience tokens and use strategic ploys or is it one or the other?
>>
>>92691552
The way it works is when you first get the chance to use a strat ploy per turn you will instead roll the d3 for your tokens.
Then it passes back to your opponent for another strat ploy, then back to you.
Technically you are allowed to not roll for the tokens but why would you ever?
>>
>>92691585
Thanks, that makes more sense.
>>
>>92690359
The game is played base to base, cry about it, faggot. I'll shoot your waacfag ass off the board with vantage regardless.
>>
>>92690244
Well it depends but probably. I have the compendium. I don't hate it or regret it but it does have like 20 teams and there's maybe 6 that are worth looking up in the thing as far as competitive play goes.

Compare that to Annual 2023, there's 10 different teams of which all more or less are competitive (including best in league Killgore), but also with all the gallowdark bits, maps and mission and stuff.

That said if there is a new 'Core line; or KT3 that's due at the end of the year god knows what happens.
>>
>>92691668
>>92690359
It's literally from base to base.
>>
What am I supposed to name tyranids or t'au operatives? Gleepy Glorp or something?
>>
>>92692320
Tyranids could be names they've received from other factions.
>>
>>92691962
>>92691668
I'm in favor of base-to-base, in case it was not clear
>>
>>92692320
screech
citcit
shraa

or

warrior 1
warrior 2

or

lifeform 172gamma
specimen o86-9
calypso hunter strane fr

or some rediculous latin sounding names like scientific animal names
>>
>>92692320
for tau there are name lists and even generators but seems like most people just take something asian sounding like nguyen , chou, fang and so on
>>
>>92692543
This pretty much; learn the tau ranking schemes and throw a bunch of hyphens and spaces into famous JP, CN and SEA celebrity, soldier, politician and folklore names.
>>
>>92692543
my fire warrior chin'kee ch'ong
>>
File: OriginCheck.png (970 KB, 1280x720)
970 KB
970 KB PNG
>>92693333
Shas'ui Cheksu Gets reporting in.
>>
What do you think the next Eldar (CWE/Dark/Clown) team will be?
>>
>>92694260
Hopefully more aspect warriors for BIGhammer
>>
>>92694260
I have no idea about eldar but from what i heared. eldar players wish for either exodites or hawks something and deldar players for humunculi.
there are also rumors of extendet fly rules in killteam and swooping hawks(?) or something being paired with them.
>>
>>92694509
What's the logic for flying? It makes no sense. dividing operates into 'good' and 'units without flying' and the battlefield into 'where the game is played' and 'where bad footsloggers tread' is just puzzling in a game that's taken a lot of pains to make sure that all operatives are on a relatively level playing field where every operative is at risk more or less all of the time (thus the smaller battlefield, thus needing conceal orders to prevent the teams from just shooting each other from spawn). What about maps where flying makes no sense (like interiors, the fuck they flying on the gallow dark).

Flying is going to get more restricted, the Harlequins becoming the example of the rule, No Fly, occasionally options for a single unit to fly (see Thousand Sons) but far more often just being able to ignore engage ranges and climb checks. Honestly don't see more eldar teams anytime soon. I could see an ork team coming (they got 1.5 teams now but they're popular enough to make another ork team more or less a guaranteed seller. Lots of options in terms of design there. An Elite Orkish Team of Meganobs? Team of Speedfreaks? Team of Wierdboys (Wierdboy Waagh), Some sort of Wierd Crossover team (Human Ork Digga team? Just a human warboss? Khorks? Tyranid Ork Hybrids where each side is trying to fight/eat/spawn over hte other one and your other team? A warband of Gork or Mork where you have to play any other warband as the opposite if it happens would be amusing. Lot of room for ideas in there.

There's a few other ones. I would still mark for an Imperial Guard Irregular team filled with abhumans (loyalist goats must happen). An Ogryn team would be amazing. Hell Gangs of Gunmetal City would also get me (and lean into Arbities and a few other less fantastic but still damn cool ideas).
>>
>>92695153
I don't think fly makes much sense but it is one of the most often spoken rumors after all.
He asked after Eldar teams in specific so Orks or whatever are besides the point.
A lot of armys have a lot of options if you go that far, Meganobs are to elite i guess. Speedfreaks without any bikes/cars make no sense. Wierdboy could be. Rest is rather "unique" Abhuman team is also a rumor but its liekly only Ratlings.
>>
Got my butt kicked on ITD tonight. Maybe I can score a redemption round tomorrow.
>>
>>92696110
What were the teams?
>>
>>92690246
That looks sensational
>>
File: 1697286803255832.jpg (834 KB, 1226x1210)
834 KB
834 KB JPG
I just want a dedicated ork kill team like a unit of updated nobz, kommandos are too un-orky for my liking
Instead we're getting the 800th human kill team vs humans but short.
>>
>>92698549
Thanks. For just being a way to recycle a vehicle crew member body, I was pretty proud of it back then. Of course, now that I'm painting it, I found mold lines I missed that I can't remove without fucking up the whole paint job and starting over. Oh well.
>>
>>92699026
A unit of like 5 Meganobs or like 3 Meganobs and a big mech that aren't quite as tough or killy as Custodes but only by a little with lots of indirect fire and enough speed tricks to make the melee team a thread but the shooting being random/unpredictable I would mark for. 14 or 15 wounds, a 6+ feel no pain, All the ranged weapons being 5 dice and 5+ , Klaws and saws at 4+ but 5 dice, One nob for each of the common weapon layouts. Hell this practically writes itself.
>>
>>92697220
My scouts vs a friend's veteran guard. I feel like I played rather poorly.
>>
>>92699026
I want a beast snaggas kill team. Monsta Huntaz
>>
I wouldn't mind a weirdboy and his gitz. Visual reference: gobbapalooza.
>>
for hand of the archon leader, is venom blade significantly better than agonizer or are they close? agonizer looks cool
>>
>>92700965
if you use aren't going to use the blast pistol then you take the power weapon, if you like the look of the agonizer just count it as a power weapon
>>
>>92694260
Blades of khaine get extended rules with the new aspect releases. (I’m coping, hard)
>>
>>92701112
maybe next edition assuming they update all the old teams in a compendium, would also like for hierotek circle to get a plasmancer leader option
>>
File: 1692534204241070.jpg (1.25 MB, 1369x1023)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>92701245
Does KT need a new edition though?
>>
>>92701312
seems like KT is on the 3 year edition cycle like 40k and AoS. that being said, don't think next edition of kill team will be a major overhaul. probably will be the same core rules with some adjustments to stuff like visibility and los
>>
>>92701342
Let's hope it's on the "it's good, let us not fuck it up" cycle of bloodbowl now.
>>
>>92701052
Different anon: I assume most people take the blast pistol and blaster, and skip the dark lance?
>>
>>92701406
yeah 90% of the time you take blast pistol and blaster. against elite teams on open terrain you can go blaster / dark lance.
>>
File: pdf72.png (1.3 MB, 789x1055)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
Your opponent shoots at you despite you being obscured, what do you do?
>>
>>92701527
search for a spot where you are not visible, reach for cover so you get the bonus if obscured is ignored anyway, charge something.
>>
Does anyone have that one image for new players that shows if a team is a one box team or not?
>>
>>92702053
>Brief team summaries
in the op post
>>
What can I do with the Night Lords in the Nightmare box if I don't like NL and don't want to build them as such?
>>
>>92702464
Sell them. Retards are buying them for ridiculous prices right now. Normally I am against scalping but it's Chaos players so its morally correct.
>>
>>92702516
>>92702464
I guarantee if you ask at your local or in their social media platform of choice someone will offer to buy them from you. There are a surprisingly huge number of Nightlords fans who just didn't want to buy the box and were waiting for the individual release.
>>
>>92702534
It's literally just regular chaos marines with a half sprue of upgrade bits though.
>>
>>92702464
could you (and do you want to) build legionaries out of them? if so do it and sell the extra sprue?
>>
>>92702516
>>92702534
Could be nice to recuperate some of the cost.

>>92702773
I don't have any Chaos marines, what advice would you give if I build them?
>>
>>92702873
I hope someone else can answer that i don't play chaos either.
>>
>>92702731
Wait do the nightlords really have a full Chaos Legionaries set + 1 sprue?
>>
>>92703387
I have the box, let me see. I'll put their instructions into a pdf.
>>
>>92703761
Only the B sprue is new, and it's mostly just shoulder pads and helmets.
>>
>>92703761
>>92703775
So build with B for Nemesis Claw and A gor Legionaires?
>>
File: BigBoss.png (198 KB, 1127x609)
198 KB
198 KB PNG
Well somewhere between a Metal Gear and a Black Adder pun I ended up here.
>>
File: GrotSolidSneak.png (213 KB, 1132x608)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>92705036
>>
File: Meganobz.png (214 KB, 1102x745)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>92705044
And Choose Four different ones.
>>
>>92642256
What color scheme should I give my Kasrkin dudes?
>>
>>92701312
>Things that are needed for 3rd edition
>Turn Obscuring into a terrain rule so you can't non reciprocal and rules are made simpler
>update compendium stuff that's significantly different from bespoke team to be worth keeping: gray knights, tyranids, stealth suits, boyz, deathwatch, power armored nuns, daemons, death guard, acolyte brood coven, necron warrior mobs.
>rework new map types so they're closer to regular maps
that's it.
>>
>>92705036
that makes no explanation of how two melee weapons work, does he roll 7 die that have to be colored differently to distinguish them? can the opponent parry any of the two weapons?
The grot is eternally in conceal but still has weapons? can you attack while concealed? The meganobz have no reason to take anything but rokkit with each weapon and one skor(t)cha and mechaklaw
>>
>>92705676
>>92705676
>>92705676
New Thread

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.