[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can you do a Magitech setting unironically?
>>
>>92643159
Yes.
>>
>>92643159
What the fuck is an ironic setting?
>>
>>92643159
Sure. My campaign world is a future society that treats magic like engineering. They use thorium to fuel magical engines, beam weapons triggered by magic from the user, massive earthworks using elemental magic.
>>
File: 267.png (535 KB, 771x575)
535 KB
535 KB PNG
>>92643159

You only need to make it integral to your world. Add themes of scientific progress and enlightenment.
>>
File: oh_yeah.gif (198 KB, 250x241)
198 KB
198 KB GIF
>>92643159
>autist asks a question that's answered by the pic he posted

we're ngmi
>>
>>92643349
Well 40k used to be satirical and could be construed as being ironic, atleast when it was new. I'm not sure many other settings at the time had a futuristic sci-fi setting that was so unenlightened and barbaric as a whole. Closest thing I can think of was the Dune books, though even that was a bit of a zig-zag and not intentionally over-the-top.
>>
>>92644065
Dude, the whole 40k ethos was lifted wholesale from 2000AD comics.
>>
>>92643165
/thread
>>
>>92644065
That's not really ironic.
>>
>>92643159
How would you do it ironically? For that matter, how do you "do" a setting? Did you mean create a setting? Run a game in a setting? Learn English ffs
>>
>>92644136
>*closest thing it wasn't directly cribbing off of
My bad, should have been more clear.

>>92644273
Are you talking about common irony, or literary irony? Because languages, especially english, have this annoying habit of giving multiple similar yet distinct meanings to one word.
>>
>>92644507
OP has absolutely no interest in sincerely engaging with you. It's another meaningless setting thread where he just posts a statement, contributes nothing and lets people fill in the blanks for him. Note how OP never mentions what system he would use with this theoretical setting.
>>
>>92643159
As with all things it's a matter of aesthetics. I suppose the same people who complain about magic cell phones don't bat an eye at crystal balls and iron golems.

Anyways, OP is a enormous faggot and nothing else need be said.
>>
>>92644953
why are you obsessed with little girls?
>>
>>92645257
For the same reason you obssess over your wife's black bull who can actually fulfill her needs.
>>
>>92644065
That's not ironic. Ironic is like if a shark learned to surf to impress his friends, but got so good at surfing that they mistook him for a real surfer and ate him.
>>
>>92645325
why are you obsessed with cuckoldry and BBC? is this an American thing?
>>
>>92645355
That's not irony thats a metaphor
>>
>>92645355
You example is how someone would explain irony to a middleschool or highschool student with ADHD. More classic dramatic and tragic irony can be more subtle.
>>
>>92643349
Any setting with religion vs science.
>>
File: 1629016063808.jpg (191 KB, 1536x2048)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>92643159

I'm gonna lay down a truth that no one here will like.

Magitech is an oxymoron.

Magic by its nature will not follow the required scientific methods that produce technology. Technology comes from repeatable, consistent results. Magic is fickle and fey.

So your cool glowy Magitek is just "alternate technology". Its cool if you want to put in some sort of non-realistic power source. Sci-fi does that all the time, so why not fantasy? But there is absolutely nothing magical about it.
>>
>>92647457
>Magic by its nature will not follow the required scientific methods that produce technology. Technology comes from repeatable, consistent results. Magic is fickle and fey.
So the magic in most TTRPGs is not magic, got it. Hmm, so what should we call the powers that most games label as magic?
>>
>>92647457
>sperg insists that magic can only be done the way he likes it
>>
>>92645355
That is a fucking hilarious example.
>>
>>92644065
>Well 40k used to be satirical
No it didn't.
>I'm not sure many other settings at the time had a futuristic sci-fi setting that was so unenlightened and barbaric as a whole
You should probably read more before you form opinions on books then, because it was very common in various forms.
>>
>>92643165
fpbp
>>
>>92643159
You provided a picture of a setting with magitech that's 100% unironic.

Hell, a shitload of JRPG settings are often magitech, because the Japanese don't have any distinction between sci-fi and fantasy.
>>
>>92643159
Yes, you simply stop being terminally online and afraid to allow yourself to enjoy things genuinely
>>
File: (you).png (15 KB, 660x352)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>92644953
>>92645257
>>92645325
>>92645372
>>
>>92644871
Every time someone mentions what system or setting you use the thread devolves into edition wars or why you suck for playing this system. Especially if it's 5e. Also if the subject is just a general discussion about setting, system doesn't matter
>>
>>92647457
So magic should in no way resemble traditional rituals and beliefs in magic? Because they were all about faith in repeatable, consistent results.
>>
>>92649823
>>92647480
Magic shouldn't be woke shit in the first place period. This mystical free for all mysterious shit is why we have people thinking their women when there really men and acting like cats and shitting like them in schools.

Magic SHOULD be scientific because it means there's set rules that blue haired tumblrinas won't abuse
>>
>>92643349
Magic the Gathering, most JRPGs and isekai anime like Freiren.
Basically anything where the setting is either treated with contempt or isn't thought about at all.
>>
>>92649929
Go away to your containment board, no one wants you here.
This is such a shitpost I don't even know where to begin unacking it.
>>
>>92644065
>40k has comedic meta references to RL in serious grim dark setting
>”OMG ITS SATIRE IM IRONICING MYSELF RIGHT NOW”
Faggots like you need to be turned to ash for so shamelessly polluting the internet
>>
>>92649951
I hate you illiterate niggers so much. MTG being slop doesn’t make it irony. It makes it semetic.
>>
>>92650047
>This setting sucks so it's jewish!
???
>>
>>92649951
>Basically anything where the setting is either treated with contempt or isn't thought about at all.
That's sadly what I figured, since I've mostly seen "unironically" used by the same people who refer to caring about anything as "cringe".
I don't know why having hobbies, interests, and ideas is such a bad thing these days, but apparently it really grabs people to treat everything like that.
>>
>>92650030
Creator of 40k agreed 40k is satire
>>
>>92650237
The creator of Watchmen also says readers were supposed to see Rorschach as the villain and Ozymandias as the hero at the end.
>>
>>92650270
lol what?
the dude who killed millions of innoncents over a big lie is the one the writer thinks is the good guy?
>>
>>92644065
>Well 40k used to be satirical
No it didn't.
>and could be construed as being ironic
Only if you're retarded or dishonest.
>>
>>92650587
Yes.
Wiping out loads of innocents for the sake of world peace and potentially long term unification of the planet was the good guy move.
Meanwhile Rorschach was written specifically to lampoon conservative written comic book heroes who saw everything as good or evil without compromise.
>>
>>92650237
When and where? The answers to this matter, because a man does not step into the same river twice. If it's more than a decade after the creation of the work, you're dumber than a bag of rocks.
>>
>>92648362
>No it didn't.
Being young isn't an excuse. There's a paper trail for the research you refused to do before you blew your thoughts out your ass.
>>
>>92649951
>isekai anime like Freiren.
words have meanings
>>
>>92652056
I've read and watched interviews, and read old versions. That's how I know you're lying.
>>
>>92643833
Haven't finished it yet,but that's Escaflowne right? looks like the emperor.
>>
>>92653200
You tell me LL
>>
>>92643159
Unironically? Please stop posting now
>>
File: file.png (815 KB, 710x474)
815 KB
815 KB PNG
>>92643159
>use a fissile uranium rod to turn water into steam
>make steam spin some magnets to generate power
>etch some unfathomably small runes into a heavily processed chunk of sand
>send the steam power through the runes compute information and transmit it
We use dangerous forces of nature that we barely understand to send cat pictures to a total strangers on the other side of the world. Real life is steampunk magitech. It's just so mundane to us we don't realize it.
>>
Just make a game with magic robots in it. Don't even bother explaining shit. Fuck it, do what you want.
>>
File: 1643580095585.gif (1.24 MB, 500x375)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB GIF
>>92643159
Players adverse to magitech are not worth having as players. If a player is adverse to any sort of setting that isn't standard fantasy, they are not worth having as players. Its simple, you tell them "I am the GM, my game, my setting. If you don't like robots you can fuck off."

Regardless, magitech comes in all sorts of coats of paint, some of the biggest modern fantasy settings have magitech. Fucking Zelda has had magitech for the past what, three or four installments? I don't keep track. You could go with alchemy and advanced golems if you don't want scifi, or reverse engineered alien tech if you want actual scifi. The Asura from Guild Wars(1, fuck 2) have a fantastic magitech aesthetic for more fantasy-oriented world, because it barely resembles technology, it's magical stone constructs and advanced sorcery. They have giant robots and stargates.
>>
>>92653529
Sword World has an entire class dedicated to using Magitech and its guns don't work with gunpowder but rather each bullet holds a spell the Artificer casts just before firing. It's pretty neat because you can use this to give the bullet tons of different effects, including shooting someone with a healing bullet. Also the guns are all at best semi-auto and bolt or lever action since each bullet needs to be primed individually by the Artificer, or three at a time at higher levels.
>>
>>92653674
A literal spell slinger class.
>>
>>92653711
That's only part of it, but yeah. You also get a magitech orb that can turn into bombs and equipment for you. It's honestly very similar to Machinist from FF14 in terms of all the nifty gadgets you can make. At the highest levels you can even turn your larger magitech orbs into motorbike and later a skybike.
>>
Magitech these nuts
>>
Magitech is okay but I don't like it when it's just normal thing but it runs on mana.
>>
I'm actually working on one but I'm not going to tell you so you guys don't steal my idea. Sorry.
>>
>>92653835
>Magitech is okay but I don't like it when it's just normal thing but it runs on mana.
This is my favorite kind.

>war machine runs on mana
>normally you just fuel it with a glowing crystal or similar
>in a pinch you can cast spells directly into the gas tank like filling a diesel truck with switchgrass oil but it doesn't run as well
>you can supercharge the war machine by hardwiring a caster inside but she'll be traumatized and sad until the protagonist teaches her how to love
>>
>>92645379
irony doesnt mean "comedic disingenuity"
>>
>>92643159
Yes? What are you talking about "unironically"? Do people make entire settings as a jape? Do you have that much free time? Paypal me 30,000 USD.
>>
>>92654086
I think Cringe Culture and being Authentic being potentially seen as "cringe" has led to people trying to hide their interests in a viel of irony and sarcasm in order to protect themselves.

OP Could geniually love FF6/FFXIV and other similar shit but the idea of being made fun of for liking it is too much so he says it's "ironic" so if he ever does get called on it he can just go "whatever dude it was a joke I wasn't serious"
>>
>>92654086
OP doesn't actually play games or even create settings so he has plenty of time to make these retarded threads.
>>
File: 1670572867652714.png (579 KB, 1080x1080)
579 KB
579 KB PNG
>>92649812
>Also if the subject is just a general discussion about setting, system doesn't matter
Yes, it does matter. The mechanics of a given system will have an impact on what is and isn't possible within the confines of a setting. Are you going to have a custom-built magic system for this theoretical setting, then port it to 5e which explicitly uses Vanican casting? When you're designing a roleplaying setting, you're not writing a novel, you're designing a playable experience for a group of people.

I've seen hundreds of these threads by this point and they are either inflammatory noncontributions like this one, or they're a list pointless ancedotes that never produce anything applicable for any roleplaying game ever. These threads are just offtopic garbage that should be thrown out.
>>
>>92655458
nah
>>
>>92656136
Prove me wrong. Actually post something that would be useful for someone running a game.
>>
>>92643159
The real question is: Why are you posting AI generated slop art?
>>
>>92656165
retard.
>>
>>92656178
>Sees evidence that an image is AI generated
>Calls me a retard
>>
>>92656184
retard.
>>
>>92656184
it's a screenshot from FFXIV you fucking woketard
>>
>>92656201
Prove me wrong then. You can't. That's why you resort to insults instead of proper academic refutation of the evidence presented.
>>
>>92656204
top spoon-feeding retards.
>>92656209
retard.
>>
>>92656226
oh look the tranny decides to pop in here now too
>>
>>92656226
I accept your concession.
>>
>>92656228
retard?
>>
>>92656234
YWNBAW
>>
>>92656230
>>92656236
retards?
>>
>>92656242
seethe and dilate
>>
>>92656209
>Prove me wrong then. You can't.
OP's image is a screenshot from a Final Fantasy 14 trailer from April 11, 2013
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RuIXX4ntc
It's likely from this Destructoid article.
>https://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xiv-arr-trailer-features-magitek-armor/
Modern AI image generation only began to take off in 2021, according to Wikipedia
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_intelligence_art
Checkmate, fucktard.
>>
>>92656275
My advice to you would be to stop trying to prove anything to retards, as they are retarded, it is beyond their grasp.
>>92656250
retard.
>>
>>92656293
so how's your mental health tranny?
>>
>>92656165
>muh AI
not relevant
>>
>>92656301
retard.
>>
>>92656327
not very good huh? 42%
>>
>>92656334
retard.
>>
>>92643159
wasn't Arcane basically that?
>>
>>92643159
Just look at Eberron
>>
>>92656483
not exactly. Riot follows the Paizo kitchen sink approach in which neighboring countries have different shit going on that doesn't ever get spread out outside there borders
>>
>>92644065
>>92645355
Not irony. There are three types of irony:
>Situational irony - things go opposite way to expectations. IE, cat chases a dog.
>Verbal irony - saying things opposite to what you mean. IE, telling somebody with two left legs that he's an amazing athlete.
>Dramatic irony - appearing in stories and relating to the audience possessing a knowledge that characters don't, which recontextualises the scene. IE, character buys a cake for his wife on his way home, but the audience knows that his wife was already killed.
>>
>>92649951
>>92652160
Isekai is a virus word trying to marry generic JRPG fantasy settings inspired by Dragon Quest with time travel.
>>
>>92657075
Isekai means literally "another world" and refers to any story featuring protagonist ending up in another world. It has nothing to do with your definition beside many popular isekai featuring JRPG themed words.
>>
>>92656856
What about the irony of the mega-psyker leader of most important faction(narratively speaking) being a militant atheist that gets deified by his empire after getting morally wounded and sealed in a torturous state of near death to keep him and his empire alive?
>>
>>92657201
It's part dramatic irony part situational irony. Dramatic irony comes from the fact that the audience knows that the god emperor that the characters worship loathes being seen as a god. The situational irony comes from a militant atheist (or more correctly misotheist) and meddlesome dictator becoming stuck in near death state and deified by the very same empire he tried to turn into bastion of secularism.

I'd personally argue that the dramatic irony is dominant there to a point where the Emperor's confinement to the Golden Throne and subsequent deification are much closer to being a dramatic irony of viewers knowing inevitable end of his Great Crusade. But that's mostly due to these events happening in backstory and the fact that mixture of baroque and gothic flamboyant aesthetic Emperor apparently approved was so on nose for supposedly secular empire that it damaged the situational irony.
>TL;DR
>It's irony, but mostly a dramatic irony with a hint of situational irony if you read stories chronologically and ignore some of obvious aesthetic clues.
>>
>>92649951
>Freiren
>isekai
>>
>>92657407
Its a really shit meme from /a/ that they keep trying to force but no one is buying it. Don't engage with them in any way.
>>
>>92654981
I think its more likely that he just wanted to talk about magitech, but people these days only know how to start threads in the form of a low-effort question. He chose a particular poor question to use, and people are ripping on him more than is probably warranted because while its a dumb way to phrase it we don't need 150 posts of people tabbing in, making the same smug 'well actually' post, and tabbing out.
>>
>>92657444
>we don't need 150 posts of people tabbing in, making the same smug 'well actually' post, and tabbing out.
Don't make a faggoty OP if you don't want people to treat you like a faggot. Simple as.
>>
>>92658711
I think if people actually cared about the quality of the board they would just ignore the thread and let it die instead of trying to get the last word in.
>>
>>92659775
You sound upset and would've bumped this thread with your crying regardless.
>>
>>92659960
That's what sage is for.
>>
>>92660098
sage is useless because I can just reply and bump the thread regardless. if you don't give shitposters anything to work with they can't fill the board with dumb shit
>>
>>92660215
Bumpfag proves otherwise
>>
You guys really fed that troll.
>>
>>92643159
Sorta, but it comes off pretty Steampunk-ish. This can be good or bad but it wouldn't be a traditional fantasy setting.
>>
>>92648362
40k was always satirical. Just look at the orcs.
>>
>>92660549
I always felt that with Steampunk the use of guns was more Important you have 18th to 19th century weapons while with Magitech you still have crazy weapons but they'll all stick to basically flintlock and muskets and swords are still viable
>>
>>92660888
cuck
>>
File: GAYKS.png (98 KB, 1109x381)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>>92643159
I was gonna yes but my captcha disagreed.

My shame that cropping it took just long to enough for it to change will never end.
>>
File: 9fa.jpg (35 KB, 600x399)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>92647457
>Magic by its nature will not follow the required scientific methods that produce technology.
The counter argument is that fictional technology in general isn't actually beholden to the scientific methode or basic physical and legal laws that govern the limitations of machine's design and performance.

Like we don't ask who built the Bat Cave and where Bruce Wayne dumped their bodies afterwards or why Peter Parker is still poor when he invented a product that should replace pepper spray, billy clubs and CS gas within every first issue of his current own series.
>>
>>92662242
>Like we don't ask who built the Bat Cave and where Bruce Wayne dumped their bodies afterwards or why Peter Parker is still poor when he invented a product that should replace pepper spray, billy clubs and CS gas within every first issue of his current own series.
ignoring the body thing. comics have explained the construction of the Batcave and why Peter doesn't sell the webfluid
>>
File: a bat.png (44 KB, 243x237)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>92662598
>comics have explained the construction of the Batcave
The canonical explanation seems to be: "A Batman did it." and the kinda people who make it and read it just don't care.
>>
>>92662878
There's been two mainline explanations
>Bruce hired a bunch of contractors in short bursts so they would never know what they were building and also to never guess the location
>Alfred and Bruce built the batcave themselves and it was a multi year project that still isn't finished
>>
>>92662878
>>92663146
>>92662598
IMO, it would be much more logical if you'd make the batcave start as cave, get formally refurbished as an usual millionaire pet project by Bruce and then remade into the Batcave by Batman and Alfred. The timeline goes like this:
>big cave under Wayne mansion
>Bruce formally refurbishes cave under pretense of it being a vanity project of a bored millionaire. As far as everybody is concerned, the caves under Wayne mansion are half finished vanity project, currently serving as a storage cellar for Bruce. Workers are rightfully convinced that they just made a half finished underground garage, workshop and game room. Typical stuff you'd expect a bored socialite to build, so nothing suspicious or strange.
>Batman and Albert (later with Robin) finish the works by adding computers, proper workshop for gadgets and forensic gear. The cave becomes the the Batcave.
>We have a nice thematic element of caves below Wayne manor being seen as just a pet project of a bored socialite, mimicking the way people see Bruce Wayne as just a lackluster playboy instead of his true nature.
>>
>>92662598
>and why Peter doesn't sell the webfluid
The contrast between Peter suffering and Spider-Man being quirky and funny is the special spicy sauce that makes people come back to the series is all. He can't have nice things because the emotional rollercoaster is addictive to the reader and the wide gap between in-mask and out-of-mask characterization is what used to make the character the most relatable of the lot.
>>
>>92663146
>Bruce hired a bunch of contractors in short bursts so they would never know what they were building and also to never guess the location
I guess he had them ship the concrete and rebar in in plastic bags inside their rectums.
>>
I guess this is a good thread to ask, but aside from Eberron, Final Fantasy, and Iron Kingdoms, what are some other Magitech type settings?

>>92663249
NTA. but I'm pretty sure the early years the batcave was pretty simple. just a computer and a garage not a whole lot of building needing. it isn't until Bruce starts getting more and more involved with Metahumans and weird shit that the batcave continually starts being upgraded any by then he's already friends with people like Superman. otherwise I think the show "Gotham" explained that Thomas Wayne originally discovered the cave and had contractors make it a secret office. so yeah it would be a billonare secret project that no one would care to think about that Bruce would eventually expand upon in secret since the foundation was already there
>>
File: ff6-1687340201873[1].png (519 KB, 1195x672)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
>>92643159
>>
>>92665438
I don't quite understand why you need more settings than those? They pretty much cover the genre. What are you hoping to get from other settings?
>>
File: 1714180702455690.png (231 KB, 481x533)
231 KB
231 KB PNG
>>92657075
>The Vision of Escaflowne
>Inuyasha
>Digimon
>Alice in Wonderland
>The Wizard of Oz
>Labyrinth
>>
>>92657075
Time travel and Isekai are different genres
>>
>>92665858
The anon you're replying to might be upset at the existence of isekai fiction.
>>
>>92665647
I don't quite understand the question. I was just curious if more existed
>>
>>92665972
I was asking what you think isn't covered by the settings you brought up yourself, like what holes are you looking to fill?. As for more settings, there's Guild Wars.
I'm sorry if it came over as cross.
>>
>>92665972
Cam you elaborate further?
>>
>>92643159
Yep.
The Aether as an energy source is far more potent, efficient to access, and has a higher throughput by leagues.
fuck nigga
>>
>>92669251
what about negros?
>>
>>92643833
>>92653200
Didn't expect Escaflowne to be posted here.
I guess it does have a quite beautiful take on magitech, especially the rock ship and the mecha that feel heavy.

It make you wish the plot was even more serious and not built upon a Shojo/Shonen mix.
Still worth watching despite being isekai
>>
>>92643159
What lessons can we take from how Eberron, Final Fantasy, and Iron Kingdoms handle magitech if we want to include it in our own settings?
>>
>>92676767
What lessons can you take for people calling you a faggot all the time?
>>
>>92676767
You go first. And be specific.
>>
>>92676767
That it's awesome and we should do it more often?
>>
>>92657444
No, we need more of people shitting on retards for saying dumb shit
>>
>>92678302
You type like a valley girl talks. Vapid, indecisive cuck.
>>
File: ertdytfuduteuikf.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
As long as there's magic trains, yeah.
>>
>>92678187
Bump
>>
>>92680100
>this post is extremely low quality
>>
File: Warforged Juggernaut.jpg (951 KB, 2153x2889)
951 KB
951 KB JPG
>>92643159
If you include a Warforged equivalent that’s more than just a copy of the original, then yes.
>>
>>92676767
go woke go broke
>>
What system does Magitech well?
>>
>>92643349
D&D
>>
>>92683790
You tell me. You DO play games, right?
>>
>>92662242
>>92662598
the question isn't really why Peter hasn't sold the web fluid, its how it hasn't been reverse engineered
>>
Magitech is sci-fi not fantasy. Science fantasy if you want to be a pedant. The difference is that the "pure" fantasyfag loves his nostalgic history of a better time, where a Great Man can change the course of history, maybe restore an ailing nation to greatness, peace, and prosperity. Magitech settings don't give a shit about this, they just want cities and trains, flying machines, robots, and guns. It will have a late 20th or 21st century vibe to the culture.

Magitech is lame, sci-fi wearing a fantasy skin. Unlike good science fantasy where the fantasy is wearing a sci-fi skin.
>>
>>92657282
Don't forget the extra irony of his 'divinity' being actually effective against Chaos.
Not only did he become the thing he was trying to destroy, it's also the saving grace of the Imperium.
Lorgar gets a lot of fun here as well, seeing as how he penned the Lectitio Divinitatus too.
>>
>>92687231
It's literal magic, my friend. All Superhero tech is.
>>
File: brad-groatman-finallook1.jpg (927 KB, 1920x2485)
927 KB
927 KB JPG
>>92643159
Well, stuff like Iron Man's suit could be considered magitech, or borderline at least, so any supers setting with tech like that beyond the normal tech/understanding in said setting can be considered one at a stretch.
>>
File: Escaflowne-Mech.jpg (67 KB, 500x725)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>92674204
I always try to post it when I see a fantasy mecha thread
>>
>>92647480
lol pretty much. Unless you make a skill check to cast a spell it's just the same as shooting a fancy gun. Magicfags BTFO.
>>
>>92643159
Bleach.

They have a whole division dedicated to doing science shit that works with the settings magic system.
>>
File: Magic High School.png (856 KB, 1280x720)
856 KB
856 KB PNG
Irregular at Magic High school has a good bit of autism in how it makes use of the magic to build up certain levels of technology (They even talk about trying to find a way to do fusion using it).

Aside from the typical overpowered MC who instead enjoys the warm folds of his sister's pussy instead of the harem that follows after him, the magic/science stuff is the only thing worth taking away from it.
>>
>>92676767
As far as Iron Kingdoms go, the meaning behind Magitech has some importance.

See, making magic items in the Iron Kingdoms is very possible, but it's also extremely dangerous. Like "blow up your village" or "eat your soul" dangerous. It's why the setting has so few magic items, among other reasons.

Magitech is how to bypass this downside, though there's other reasons it get used as well. But magitech is much safer to create, even if it's technically more expensive to use(because the items aren't inherently imbued with magical energy, they require batteries to function. Batteries that are "long lasting/cheap/quick, pick two" sort of a deal).
>>
>>92693505
Bleh. I said "quick", I meant "powerful"
>>
File: 1652147015520.jpg (985 KB, 1024x2825)
985 KB
985 KB JPG
>>92683125
Based
>>
>>92643159
Mages using mechas is pretty awesome, so yeah.
>>
>>92693497
>the magic/science stuff is the only thing worth taking away from it.
The magic/science stuff is completely worthless you retarded dipshit. It never once sticks to any of the rules it establishes and the only thing that matters is making oniisama look "cool". For example
>oniisama is fighting some sort of psychic interdimensional vampire
>explicitly says it's immune to physical attacks and that "physical attacks are out of the question"
>very next scene forgets about all of that and has oniisama one-shot it with a physical attack
Just admit you have an incest fetish instead of trying to pretend that show has any value whatsoever.
>>

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.