[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 597508.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
What do you call a setting which is post- apocalyptic but at a point semblance of civilization has returned? Not everything is Mad max and some governments have formed?
>>
>>92651263
>"post-post apocalyptic"
seriously
>>
>>92651263
Post post-apocalyptic is the correct answer. You have wasted an entire thread for this.
>>
>>92651263
Gay.
>>
>>92651263
so....a reconstruction era?
>>
>>92651263
>That turret disposition on the three central ships.

Absolutely retarded, if it weren't for the ignorance of the animators those ship would list so horrendously a right turn would likely capsize them.

Where are they sailing to? Davy Jones locker? Atlantis?
>>
>>92651350
if it's the anime I think it is(can't remember its name) they are off to fight a nest of squid monsters that it's revealed were humans who use genetic modification to survive climate change or space or something
>>
>>92651373
Transhuman monsters are more believable than those ships sailing straight.
>>
>>92651263
>What do you call a setting which is post- apocalyptic but at a point semblance of civilization has returned?
You call it post-apocalyptic. That's what the post- is there for.
>>
File: KPBwCFP.jpg (770 KB, 3059x1403)
770 KB
770 KB JPG
>>92651263
Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>92651263
>What do you call a setting—
Secondary to gameplay.
>>
>>92651263
Fallout when not written by Amazon Prime
>>
>>92651288
Oh no, a seethe thread about female custodes died for this!
>>
Character Archetypes
Type Description
Doc A real medical doc, or close to it. Experienced with hazardous materials.
Hulk The muscle. Removes obstacles and smashes enemies.
Hunter A nature survivalist familiar with flora and fauna. Navigates dangerous biomes.
Nomad A rider, pilot or driver who delivers items from afar. The more operable vehicles there are, the more common and practical this archetype becomes.
Scavenger A stealthy freerunner who knows the cities and boroughs, often searching for hidden gems among the ruins.
Tech One who remembers the old ways of the machines. Technology of the lost ones--or even improvements upon it--can be critical to achieving one's goals.
Trader The resurrection of the ancient goods-peddler, traders know different lands and different people, and may have just what you're looking for.
Trooper A gunslinger with a mind for tactics, will keep the team focused in tight situations.

gurps is useful for this genre, even if you don't use the system captcha DAMNRP
>>
>>92651263
Points of Light if the apocalyptic forces still threaten to swallow it, or PPA if it isn't.
>>
File: Gargantia.png (2.41 MB, 1536x863)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB PNG
>>92651263
>>92651282

The fact that it doesn't have its own distinct name really goes to show how under-represented the concept is, despite being more interesting that traditional post apocalypse by far. I am so, so fucking tired of mad max or walking dead ripoffs where as soon as something goes wrong a switch flips in everyone's heads and its a race to see who can become a serial killer rapist cannibal the fastest. Even worse when the timeline places the apocalypse decades or centuries in the past and everyone is still in raider-mode, when thats just not how people work. People crave order and stability and safety, and are more than happy to work together to get those things. Not everyone is going to unite under the same banner, some groups are going to be in conflict with each other, but you'll still end up with towns and cities in fairly short order and they can't ALL be fronts for cannibal cults or psychopathic necrophiliacs or people who piss on the toilet seats in public restrooms.

Just give me a story where the apocalypse happened, and instead of following a small group of always on the move survivors doing legally justified self defense murder from one side of the continent to the other just give me a group of people who are trying to carve out a place where they can ride this out, which turns into building a place where they can thrive, and all of the complications that come with trying to get the resources they need, fashion laws in an era where there is no greater authority to appeal to, deal with bringing new people into the fold and the inherent friction there, etc. Civilization building amidst the ruins of the old world.
>>
>>92652693
There's a similar argument for the fallout games where nobody seemingly ever fixed themselves a house despite it being like 200 years after the bombs fell.

I guess people prefer sleeping on the cold floor of a bombed out building with the roof blown off.
>>
>>92652778
I honestly think thats a Bethesda specific problem. In Fallout 1 there are a ton of obvious new communities and buildings, even if those buildings are mostly made of scrap. And the isometric perspective obscures a lot of the detail.

But in Fallout 3 and such, everywhere you go looks like its only be about 5 years since the bombs dropped. Usable shit is still on shelves, bodies are still seated at tables, etc. What, has *no other person* been in this house in the past 200 years? I can SEE TOWN from here. The idea that everything is so preserved in the moment of disaster is absurd. Even if no humans disturbed these remains, animals sure as hell would have.
>>
>>92651288
>You have wasted an entire thread for this.
What was it doing at the bottom of page 11?
>>
>>92651263
>semblance of civilization has returned
Still post apocalyptic.
You'd only put me in a box if you said a world that's thriving after being destroyed once
>>
>>92652921
Instead of disparaging other threads, tell us why this thread is necessary and good.
>>
File: 1366551545062.jpg (194 KB, 1920x1080)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>92651350
Those ships are cobbled together from scrap of a technological world where they didn't exist in the first place.
They were never proper battleship in the first place.
They probably had to rebuild the gun themselves from scrap.
Just pretend it's a desperate attempt to be able to point the gun downward where really mean super-squid operate.

>>92651373
>(can't remember its name)
Sousei no Gargantia
>>
>>92653240
>Instead of disparaging other threads, tell us why this thread is necessary and good.
I'm not disparaging anything. I'm merely asking why a thread was at the bottom of page 11. Why does this question set you off?
>>
>>92651282
post apocalypse revival
>>
>>92651263
One Piece
>>
Eras are usually named after something that is iconographic to the period. And any setting that is post-post-apocoliptic would be named based on what happened to not make it just post-apocolypse.
Here are some examples
>the warlord Era
>the age of the warring tribes
>the reunification wars
>the reconstruction period
>the age of discovery
AND MANY MORE!
>>
>>92651263
non-cringe post-apocalypse
>>
>>92652693
>Civilization building amidst the ruins of the old world.
Technically Appleseed is a bristling superpower born from a destroyed world.
>>
>>92652693
It's not that it's under-represented, it's that it usually melds into other genres. You don't have "post post-apocalypse" settings, you have a fantasy/scifi/hardboiled noir/etc setting with a post-apocalyptic backstory that it recovered from.
>Fragged Space is a sci-fi space opera, but it's also post post-apocalyptic
>Sword World is dungeon-running fantasy, but it's also post post-apocalyptic (arguably it's like post post-apocalyptic post post-apocalyptic since the setting has undergone and recovered from two apocalypses so far)
>Endless Legend is fantasy set on a post post-apocalyptic world hidden away from a post post-apocalyptic space opera setting
>There's another fantasy game I'm forgetting where magic is actually just people who can interact with all the nanotech still left over from the previous civilization
>FF14 is fantasy, but has suffered from 6 world-shattering Calamities to reach the current Seventh Astra Age and then you avert two more over the course of the game.
Point being, it's not a genre in and of itself but something to give a certain flavor and character to whatever genre you're working with.
>>
>>92652778
>>92652886
Recently watched the Fallout show on Amazon, actually pretty decent.

It tries to get around the "why the fuck has nobody ever cleaned anything" problem despite it being set in essentially the heart of the NCR by having somebody have dropped ANOTHER bomb and reset shit in the area back to insane raiders.

The show is rife to hell with other weird problems but its definitely a case of a bunch of fallout nerds managed to trick Amazon into giving them infinite money because everything looks amazing
>>
>>92653447

But none of those are stories *about* the rebuilding, a rebuilding simply happened at some point in the settings past. By that logic There's Something About Mary is a post post-apocalyptic movie because its set after the fall of Rome. By over a thousand years, but even so still counts.
>>
post-apocalypstic
post-post-apocalyptic doesn't exist and was made up by fallout nerds to contrast fallout 2/new vegas with 3
rebuilding society is an integral part of the post-apocalyptic literary tradition. might as well ask what genre you call westerns that take place at the end of the 19th cenutry
>>
>>92651263
But reconsctruction is part of Mad Max?
>>
>>92651263
I don't think there's a point naming it because honestly so many fantasy sci-fi settings have some kind of ancient apocalypse that was discovered later that it's standard at this point.
>>
>>92653475
>but none of those are stories *about* the rebuilding
Fragged Space is very specifically about the rebuilding, actually. Sword World as well has multiple problems plaguing the world and despite the apocalypse being 300 years ago they're still suffering from the after effects and trying to rebuild (the setting went from roughly modern-age magitech all the way back down to swords and sorcery with some retained tech here and there like a city of trains trying to reestablish nationwide rail systems) and deal with the fact that you now need magic swords to ward away evil monsters a la Crystal Chronicles.

Though it sounds like what you're after is less post post-apocalyptic and more just bog standard post-apoc but dealing more with nation building and reconstruction than LARPing out Mad Max. Hell, even Mad Max was focused heavily on reconstruction and nation building in Beyond Thunderdome and to a much lesser degree in Fury Road
>By that logic There's Something About Mary is a post post-apocalyptic movie because its set after the fall of Rome.
Don't be a faggot, nothing about the fall of Rome informs There's Something About Mary. A middle ages movie that focuses heavily on exploring or dealing with the fact that people often lived in Roman ruins could be considered post post-apocalyptic though, sure. That's stretching the definition a bit but it'd have similar "picking up the pieces" themes as, say, Gargantia or Fragged Space.
>>
>>92651282
This. It's a subversion. It's yet another blatant rip off of the Bible. In Scripture the Apocalypse is Revelation and the literal end of the world once and for all. No change. No cycle. It's the definite end.
Games should only use apocalypse when something's being revealed.
>>92651288
See above. The entertainment industry needs to stop redefining words.
>>
>>92653245
>>92651263
>see cool looking waterworld anime
>search Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (2013)
>get this
how much of this is actually cool sea war scrap life and how much of it is bog standard shonen slop?
>>
>>92653889
>get this for real this time
>>
>>92653475
That only justifies the show though not the games but at least somebody acknowledged the problem..

>>92653245
This isn't a case of putting them back together wrong it's that whoever designed them has never touched water in his life.
>>
>>92653889
>>92653897
It is very much about the sea world and its cultures, as experienced by what is essentially a space marine who is stranded away from the interstellar forever war that is the only thing he has ever known. Without going into details too much and spoiling the show, its very good and one of my favorites. The script is basically flawless, every episode matters (yes, even the mandatory beach episode) and the characters are fun and endearing. It also has one of the best examples of AI in fiction.
There is also a followup 2-episode OVA that goes even more into the world and introduces some additional groups and factions, but that was in service of setting up a season 2 that never materialized. Don't worry, season 1 tells a complete story and is perfectly fine as a standalone, consider the OVAs as some fun bonus material thats there if you want it.
>>
>>92653641
No one gives a shit about your bible stories, retard.
>>
File: ww.png (1.36 MB, 1280x720)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
>>92654097
Cool, I'll give it a watch. Thanks anon.
>>
>>92652693
>Just give me a story where the apocalypse happened, and instead of following a small group of always on the move survivors doing legally justified self defense murder from one side of the continent to the other just give me a group of people who are trying to carve out a place where they can ride this out, which turns into building a place where they can thrive, and all of the complications that come with trying to get the resources they need, fashion laws in an era where there is no greater authority to appeal to, deal with bringing new people into the fold and the inherent friction there, etc. Civilization building amidst the ruins of the old world.
Does Log Horizon count?

>The mystical land of Theldessia is ravaged by monsters which spawn from negative energies, and just spawn more monsters on death unless the negative energy is somehow neutralised
>So archmages create a race of immortal barely-sentient homunculi called Adventurers, which fight monsters all day and absorb their energy to grow stronger. They can even respawn when killed like monsters do, though as the same being each time.
>Then one day the entire Adventurer race suddenly starts freaking out and acting way beyond their programming, yelling in panic about some place called "Earth" and something called an "MMO".

Survival is a non-issue, the focus is entirely on rebuilding society, establishing diplomatic relationships between Adventurers and Theldessians, and figuring out how to establish law and order when your criminals are immortal and immune to most methods of confinement.
>>
>>92653288
Without bringing up anything else, tell us why this thread is necessary and good.
>>
>>92651263
Post apocalyptic. It doesn't matter how long ago the apocalypse was. Post means after.
>>
Robert E. Howard and Conan technically make our current world post-post apocalyptic. Oh and the bible...
>>
>>92654553
Also real life.
>>
>>92654509
Why are you ducking the question? Just explain why the other thread was at the bottom of page 11.
>>
>>92654509
I don't need a reason to post threads. I'll do whatever I want.
>>
>>92654466
Log Horizon is closer than most things I can think of to what I am looking for, but I would never have thought of it in those terms. Good catch.
>>
dont get invested, Amazon will just drop a nuke on it off screen.
>>
>>92654466
I like the part where a guy ended up on the council because he ran the largest guild, but it's only large because it's a zero commitment "newbie-friendly" guild with no real internal culture; he ends up feeling increasingly useless as time goes on, and in his efforts to stay relevant he ends up inadvertently reinventing communism.
>>
File: 1713141543297825.png (5 KB, 636x178)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>>92651263
Ok, so what kind of post-post-apoc do you want? Are you going for Fallout New Vegas "the apocolypse clearly still happened but now we have society" sort of setting, or the sort of "medieval fantasy that you wouldn't even know is post-apoc outside of subtle descriptions and the final dungeon" that you find in Etrian Odyssey?
>>
I like these kinds of settings, where an apocalypse happened so long ago that the details have faded into myth, and the world that came before has very little impact on the day-to-day lives of the people in the present, and the knowledge that endured was that which was immediately useful at the time. It's a nice excuse for anachronisms and to explain fantasy technological development not happening in the same order as real world history.
>>
File: ep2-5-39.jpg (307 KB, 1942x720)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
>>92653245
Not all of them, but they look like that since they were used for housing since forever.
>>
Gargantia is my favorite yearly rewatch series. Right up there with Planetes.
>>
>>92654553
>>92654566
At what point does it stop becoming post or post-post apocalyptic, and just becomes like every other fantasy or sci-fi setting with an ancient long gone civilization?
>>
>>92655184
It doesn't.
>>
>>92655184
I guess you can make an argument that people might forget historically that an apocalypse even happened is when it just becomes a standard fantasy/sci-fi setting so something like The Sword of Shannara series or Drenai series by David gemmal might count as that
>>
Its "post-apocalyptical renaissance" you philistines
>>
>>92656350
I think you mean "Postapocolypticpunk-Squared"
>>
>>92651584
Exactly, not many people understand that Middle Earth is a post-apocalyptic world of fallen greater civilisation, like Dark Ages after Antiquity
>>
>>92652693
this is what the walking dead turns into eventually
>>
>>92653475
in all fairness I have not having watched the show but it sounds really fucking stupid that they'd just revert to raiders instead of the next biggest power stepping up and filling in the hole left behind considering how big the ncr was
>>
>>92659360
Arguably the next bigger power would probably wait until the nuclear fallout of the second bomb clears up since right now there's basically nothing to rule over.

Though I have hopes that the legion might show up for the next season if they end up making it.
>>
>>92659457
the show basically turned the BoS into the legion with the Latin obsession and changes to iconography so it's probably unlikely.
>>
Hear are the sequel novels of Gargantia. It ends with Ledo and Amy getting marred

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/t9z4zw984w1g2j0tag7u5/Gargantia-on-the-Verdurous-Planet-Book-1-Tanimura-Daishirou-en-Complete.docx?dl=0&rlkey=nat6uq2urpnjfm60olffk56l1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xt5cn2bcjrezfb/Gargantia%20on%20the%20Verdurous%20Planet%20Book%202%20%28Complete%29.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdoaxfczxax8dhi/Gargantia%20Prequel.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>92659587
>romanesque iconography and an obsession with pseudolatin
They really just wanted space marines huh
>>
>>92653475
One thing I like out of the shitpile that was the least interesting way to cripple the NCR was the fact it had gotten to the point it could build its own skyscrapers and resembled a bombed-out, modern city.
>>92659360
The next biggest power was the BoS. They decided to capitalize on the fact by kicking the NCR while they were down.
What should had happened but didn't was some kind of relief effort from its remaining cities and territory, since even though Shady Sands was the jewel of the nation, it wasn't the only place with thousands of people.
>>
File: IMG_2168.png.jpg (554 KB, 1170x1153)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>92654628
im 3 episodes in so far and am a little disappointed in that yeah. they could have set it in some new area we havent seen before but instead reset everything for newbies. reminds me of the idea of star wars needing to be just lightsabers and jedi and sith fighting forever and ever so people don't get confused or have to think.
>>
File: 646541645.jpg (223 KB, 1600x1200)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>92651263

Neo-post-apocalyptic
>>
i wish rebuild retards would just gtfo of the post apoc genre.
This is like having the early medieval fantasy genre and people complaining they dont have guns and cars
>>
>>92659587
but that always existed
>>
>>92660314
What? No its not, and I think you might be brain damaged if you think those two are somehow equivalent.

The thing people are pointing out about post-apocalypse media is that humans don't fucking act that way. Even anarchists wouldn't want to live in anarchy, they just think they do. The idea that humanity would devolve into raider mode and never stop flies in the face of how humans have acted in the aftermath of basically every crises in history. Its a setting-enforced stupidity to keep the premise from invalidating itself, and asking 'okay, but what if the plot DIDN'T force everyone to act retarded?' is a reasonable ask.

Jamming cars into an early medieval fantasy setting just wouldn't make sense, because the industry required to build even one car simply doesn't exist under those circumstances. You could have guns, though. Not great ones, but guns. All of the materials and tools needed to make one existed at that time, we just had not put them together so while it would be an unusual thing to include its not setting-violating in the same way that a car would be.
>>
>>92660350
fucking stop spamming your shitty headcanon all over the internet you mentally ill retard.
No one is going to agree with you, ever.
>>
>>92652778
B-b-but Amazon
>>
>>92653641
post-post apocalypse is a retarded term. Anyone using it isn't functionally above 100 iq. Its a fucking tautology.
>>
File: IMG_5233.gif (810 KB, 355x200)
810 KB
810 KB GIF
>>92652693
>building a place where they can thrive, and all of the complications that come with trying to get the resources they need, fashion laws in an era where there is no greater authority to appeal to, deal with bringing new people into the fold and the inherent friction there, etc.
Also belly dancing.

And squid genocide.
>>
File: Shady Sands NCR New Vegas.png (1.14 MB, 1920x1080)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>92651263
>>
>>92660396
probably cause they are dead
>>
File: bellows.jpg (813 KB, 1550x2250)
813 KB
813 KB JPG
>>92660393
>>
File: lolideauze.jpg (66 KB, 353x516)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>92660393
Peace with loli squids
>>
>>92660471
Ridget please.
>>
>>92660473
One of the things that I really liked about the OVAs is that Ledo's new character arc (after the first seasons arc of becoming a real human bean) is Ledo trying not to be crushed by the absolutely massive fucking weight of the responsibility he feels he has.
There is no one else in Ledo's position. He is, so far as he knows, the only human alive who has all of the facts when it comes to whats going on in space, whats the current state of Earth, and the past events that started this conflict in the first place. He knows what is at stake, and how incredibly fragile the situation is. All life on Earth could be wiped out tomorrow, and he is powerless to stop it. Unless he can find some way to communicate with the squids and find a way forward.
Because if it doesn't happen in his lifetime, it probably won't happen at all. Even if he writes down everything he knows about the space war, no one on Earth will understand. Not really. They can't imagine it. They can't solve a problem they don't understand.
>>
>>92660359
Well, something there struck a nerve.
>>
>>92660643
cause spamming shit to force a meme is about the most annoying thing you people do
>>
>>92660701
Now I'm wondering if you replied to the wrong post and this has all been a mistake. What do you think I am "spamming"?
>>
>>92660796
Maybe he's the anon who likes to post about how humans ackchually hate peace and stability and always intentionally seek to increase strife.
>>
>>92659897
No, the skyscrapers is because they moved Shady Sands to the LA area.
In Fa1 & F2, it was somewhwre between Srria National Park and the eastern Owen Ranges.
>>
>>92651263
>>92651282
Age of Sigmar
>>
>>92653641
It’s based off of cycles seen within history, like
Fall of Rome -> Dark age -> Renaissance
>>
>>92653889
>>92654459
Honestly very good if you don't let yourself be filtered by "I didn't ask you to kill the pirates!" which is actually a rather rational complain when the child-soldier had enough power to force a negotiation and surrender of the pirates.

The later part goes into transhumanism and what make a civilization.
>>
>>92651282
> Civilizational resurgence
For an example of such a setting, look here:
https://sssscomic.com/comic.php?page=1
>>
>>92660326
not really, Fo4 had them spewing some Latin phrases from time to time but the tv show has most of the BoS with Latin names like Quintus, Titus, Maximus etc and even changes the Bos standard to be red and gold instead of the normal white on black
it's just kinda odd, I think if the show went for a more a greek/byzantine theme it would have made more sense
>>
>>92654420
Terminology, not history. Stop using a website which literally has a demon for a mascot.
>>92661547
The Dark Age is known as the Middle Age today. I agree Islam was a scourge to learning and an arsonist to libraries. Hoever just because copies were scanned in later doesn't mean the documents never existed in far away monasteries of the Church.
Try making the central religious power the powerhouse of academia and learning for your next game.
>>
>>
>>92651263
Zimbabwe
>>
>>92660359
I agree with him, retard.
>>
>>92660378
God you're so fucking smart anon
>>
>>92663632
no one cares you retarded snowflake
>>
>>92660796
you know what you are spamming you dumbass
>>
File: 671370.jpg (73 KB, 640x480)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>92651350
>>
i think NCR fanboys are possibly even more annoying and stupid than Tau fanboys
>>
>>92668970
You got me there.

Also here's how ships with an "en echelon" turret gun disposition are supposed to work.
>>
>>92652290
Or Bethesda.
>>
>>92659897
>The next biggest power was the BoS.
Which is retarded. They were more totally fucked than the NCR was in New Vegas. It's akin to having the USA collapse and Austria takes over.
>>
>>92651263
Fallout New Vegas.
>>
>>92651263
>some governments have formed
A tragedy.
>>
>>92652693
There's "Dies the Fire" by SM Stirling, and various different "white dude builds stuff" books published by Baen.

Post-post apocalypse is represented better in books, with games and tv shows people just want to have a medieval fantasy setting with modern weapons so don't put much thought into it. Though Mutant Year Zero and the shitty White Wolf edition of Gamma World both have rules for treating your settlement as a character.
>>
>>92662117
Personally I quite like Xenozoic Tales (aka Cadillacs & Dinosaurs), and Warren Ellis's FreakAngels (which was published free online, and is now a Crunchyroll series). Both slightly different takes on "what happens after the apocalypse", so if you like either 1950s automobiles and dinosaurs, or a "what if the Midwich Cuckoos* destroyed London and ruled what was left?" scenario, they're worth checking out.

* - for those who haven't read John Wyndham, this is the novel that was adapted as Village of the Damned.
>>
>>92652693
>its a race to see who can become a serial killer rapist cannibal the fastest.
I, for one, would be welding spikes and armor onto a civic the second running water stops for an hour. Fuck this gay society.
Riding shiny and chrome is preferable.
>>
>>92670824
I used to Libertarian too anon, until I reconnected with my Catholic faith and God
>>
File: 13680_81.jpg (122 KB, 1152x532)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
I call it a massive success.
>>
>>92673198
>Xenozoic tales
this is awesome
>>
>>92653889
>bog standard shonen slop
Redditor
>>
>>92677705
>post- apocalyptic
>>
>>92652886
Fallout 3 tries to get around it by just having DC be a massive shithole war zone. Muties and ghouls fucking everyone up, raiders passing by to grab salvage and slaves, Talon Company just generally being a bag of dicks trying to keep things bad, and the area in general is just bad at supporting life. The houses themselves, cobbled together as they tend to be, aren't terrible. They're covered in grime but it's a location with nearly 0 access to clean water so that isn't strange. They have functional furniture and a believable level of clutter.

Fallout 4 is where they really fucked it up. They tried to pull the same war zone excuse for why everything is all fucked up but they did it in a bunch of ways that stretch belief (the Institute has been kidnapping people for years by the time of the game, every Super Mutant in Boston is one of their victims on top of the synth crisis). And on top of that they made the homes worse; areas just have rubble piles laying around, there's a merchant and her son living in a diner that still has 200 year old skeletons sitting at the tables while the two of them sleep on the floor. No one in Boston knows how to use a plumb line or a ruler so everything is crooked by 5+ degrees. It's all the issues people had with Fallout 3 turned up to 11 and it makes the whole game feel fake as hell.
>>
>>92659897
>>92669892
I was going to say that the BoS in the show is mostly Maxson's boys from Boston but checking now, apparently Maximus is from California and was recruited shortly after the NCR got nuked.

The BoS was still around in Maxson by the time of New Vegas so that's not impossible but apparently east coast reinforcements don't show up until part way through the show so I have no clue where this huge amount of equipment is supposed to be from. The west coast chapters arguably shouldn't even have T-60s
>>
>>92653161
How long was the world considered post apocalyptic after the Bronze Age collapse?
>>
>>92682674
Seems to have varied regionally.
Greek dark ages were roughly 1100BC to 750BCish.
The Hittites got their shit together around 1000BC though.
Some of the Egyptian, Assyerian, Phonecian and Elam stuff managed through most of it.
>>
Fallout with the NCR?
>>
>>92662423
>>Terminology, not history. Stop using a website which literally has a demon for a mascot.
What fresh sort of christfaggot lunacy is this? I don't like plebbit either, dude, but their mascot is a robot, not a demon.
>>
File: file.png (2.86 MB, 2560x1517)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
>Not a single person has mentioned Sora no Woto

Fuck, am I a boomer now? Am I an oldfag?

How the FUCK am I the first person to bring up that Sora no Woto is exactly what OP wants?
>>
>>92682674
Until Renaissance
>>
>>92689173
But the Chinese were much more advanced than the Bronze Age societies long before the 1500s
>>
>>92682454
Humanity in Star Trek is post global nuclear apocalypse, uplifted by aliens because a PTSD-addled alcoholic made a rocket go faster-then-light to get off the wretched dirt heap.
>>
>>92691703
and what did they do? sit pretty, stagnating.
>>
>>92652693
>The fact that it doesn't have its own distinct name
It literally does, though. You're literally responding to a post telling you what it is called. Saying that "post-post-apocalyptic" isn't a "distinct name" is no different from saying that "post-apocalyptic" isn't a "distinct name". Like what the fuck do you want? "Joseph"?
>under-represented the concept
It's brutally fucking common. What planet are you on?

>>92652778
>similar argument for the fallout games
Only the Bethesda (bad) ones. All others focused heavily on the return of civilization and people living their lives in the new world.
>>
>>92697660
The Chinese were OVERALL more advanced than the Europeans until the Wright Brothers took flight
>>
>>92691738
so its fucking trek fags that keep posting this rebound after the apocalypse stuff
>>
>>92697719
post post is a stupid turn of phrase, everything after the apocalypse is post.
The apocalypse is a singular event at a point in time.
The timeline after is not the apocalypse its the post-apocalypse.
You can write your post apocalypse any way you like it can be green hills and blue skies.
>>
File: 1604354311491.jpg (323 KB, 1280x1364)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>92652778
That's Bethesda specifically making the Americans living on the east coast complete idiots. 1, 2 and NV on the west coast follow the steady progression of civilisation's uneasy recovery, development and expansion following the bombs dropping.
>>
>>92698731
Shits exaggerated by NCR fanboys
>>
File: 1656530091201.jpg (181 KB, 2048x1570)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>92698734
The NCR has done much better job than any of the clowns in the East, even if they're nowhere near perfect and really, really shouldn't have tried taking the Mojave.
>>
>>92698753
not really, its fortified some towns but it hasnt tamed the wasteland at all nor has the means to
>>
>>92698757
No one has tamed the wasteland so that's a bizarre standard to hold any faction to.
>>
>>92698771
but your actual bizarre premise is the NCR has caused the west coast to recover when the west coast is wasteland
>>
>>92698807
You're at best contriving a stupid interpretation of what I said. Here's your last (You).
>>
>>92698985
i accept your concession NCR fag idiot
>>
>>92688637
Leddit's Snu is an alien. Aliens are demons.
>>
>>92698331
yeah, because they sat pretty until the brits pumped em so full of opium their society collapsed. listen i hate the british too, but the chinese made the classic mistake they watched all their fallen tributaries make.
>>
>>92688637
pretty sure hes referring to rpgcodex
>>
File: file.png (1.7 MB, 800x1041)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB PNG
>>92651263
It's called "Turn A Gundam"
>>
>>92698986
>the west coast follows the progress of civilization's uneasy recovery
>THE NCR HASN'T TAMED THE WASTELAND THOUGH
>never said rebuilding was done nor that the NCR was responsible
>HAHA, YOU LOSE
You illiterate fucking pajeet, learn to read
>>
>>92706027
it hasn't though, thats your head canon you dumbass retard.
>>
>>92677958
They made a cartoon too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.