[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ancent alien spaceport.jpg (251 KB, 800x1080)
251 KB
251 KB JPG
This is a general for everything 3D printed relating to /tg/ from sci-fi, fantasy, historicals, fantasy football, and more! Share your printed minis, terrain, print fails, 3d modelling, printing advice, works in progress, or anything else /tg/-related to 3D printing.

>DO:
- Post pics of your prints be they fails or triumphs
- Keep your prints about tabletop games only
- Post your resin/printer/settings for faster advice
- Help your fellow anons with advice

>TRY TO:
- Not make a new thread until old one dies
- Not encourage namefags, tripfags, fumefags and coomers
- Not spoonfeed newfags
- Keep your model pics naked (no paint/undercoat only)
- Look after small artists/studios
- Buy something from or tip an artist/studio you like
- Remember this thread is watched by the copyright police
- Read the last 3 threads before posting

>FAQ (If you only read one thing in the OP make it this)
https://pastebin.com/raw/Lv0vvd7d

>Resources (last updated 05 NOV 21)
https://pastebin.com/raw/hmSJixAy

>Guides (Best viewed using 4ChanX Script)
FDM Troubleshooter: https://pastebin.com/raw/H1en2ghM
Resin Troubleshooter: https://pastebin.com/raw/SbYWdMnC
Resin Safety: https://radtech.org/safe-handling-of-3d-printing-resins/
Printer Buying: https://pastebin.com/raw/1Kfib5YK

https://youtu.be/roAqm5c3rfU
https://youtu.be/koMNXvSlpSs
https://youtu.be/cjDpmh2NQMU
https://youtu.be/xS7h_5di3Tc
https://youtu.be/GL-9Ia0SibQ
https://youtu.be/xw_ClxnJ1_U
https://youtu.be/ZXJQ5vQG0ZA
https://youtu.be/bWUfshO17b8
https://youtu.be/cGAgyRVK32g
https://youtu.be/YMO4Va2vT3Q

>Last Thread: >>92577766
>>
File: PXL_20240413_171804290.jpg (1.83 MB, 4080x3072)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>92655845
Wow, i made the OP again. Tickles my taint.
>>
Anybody ever ordered from onlygames?
How is the quality of their prints?
I don't have a 3D printer.
>>
Hey anons, does anyone remember that one stl kickstarter that started a couple years back for an AI necro machine army? It was called harbingers of something and had names for models like Emissary unit 05 or combat unit 02. The Kickstarter had its own lore for each set of models about how the machines sanitize planets but before they do they send down Emissary units to tell the planet they were fucked. Made a big deal about being harbingers of doom, being Eldritch and maybe HR Giger inspired. The minis looked very 30k automata style with some combat units looking like those mantis vorax in proportions. I know that he had some tenuous rules for the miniatures and they are similar to bluARTs but completely mechanical. I don't think it was associated with one page rules either. Seemed like an independent project that was on Kickstarter 2-3 years ago. Any help is appreciated anons. Pic for general style reference
>>
File: IMG-20240430-WA0009.jpg (539 KB, 4080x2296)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>92655845
Not bad for 4€ of resin
>>
What's a good resource for finding models? not trying to GW fedpost just looking for some good generic fantasy models.
>>
>>92663808
paper plane on an azure plain
>>
>>92661388
>start looking into 3d printing
>realise nids literally have pretty much every bullshit expensive bug as an STL for free
Asking just in case anyone has one, but does a Mars 4 have enough plate size for Exocrines and Maleceptors? Just looking at proportions it seems fine?
>>
>>92663808
Did you try reading the FAQ?
>>
>>92648608
DM Stash shill here, last post above with the download links from last thread. Just reposting since the thread 404'd pretty soon after I made it.
>>
>>92660809
To be clear I'm trying to find them not pirate them
>>
>>92660809
Maybe you should do more of the heavy lifting yourself. Here, I'll get you started: https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/advanced?state=successful&category_id=34&sort=end_date&seed=2857551
>>
>>92667412
I understand but I've already scraped the search function on Kickstarter with 30ish different key words. I figured maybe someone here backed it or liked it and was told these anons may remember.
>>
>>92663808
Lurk around MMF and patreon, follow some creators (without paying) and also look around blue whatsapp, after a while you know which creators style you like and you can focus on finding (or buying) their stuff you like.

Searching on Cults (its just soooo slow) or even google is also an option.
>>
>>92667990
That's why I kept the search simple. You're going to have to keep scrolling back until you find it. Good luck!
>>
you must get this a lot, but slicer recommendation? I've used lychee in the past and I wasn't blown away by it especially if it's trying to make me pay a subscription
>>
>>92661388
>>92665039
Seeing what these 4k(?) printers can pump out makes me want to print an army of Elysian Drop troops, just as a paint hobby. I saw some STL's a while back which were pretty much the original ForgeWorld range.
>No bullshit about having order specific parts
>Get to print all the extra equipment shit possible
>Can do everything at a fraction of the cost
I'm going to be lurking around here.
>>
>>92665039
I have a Mars 3 and I've printed most big tyranids in 2 print sessions of 6-7h each. In a single print I usually get 10 of the basic infantry (termas and hormas). I think the Mars 4 has nearly the same plate size, maybe a couple of cm bigger

>>92669829
on tellygram you can easily find scans of the whole elysian range in the Guard dedicated groups. I'm personally still looking for the Tallarn heavy weapon squads: I've seen pictures of them floating around here and tellygram but never found them
>>
>>92663808
If you are looking for something specific, search for forums that discuss "proxies for X", or try yeggi. It's mostly shit, but sometimes it shows me nice models I did not already know off.
>>
does anyone offer fully armored female tau bodies? I've only been able to find coom sculpts
>>
who makes the best car models that can be scaled for 28mm? I'm looking for mercedes and big SUVs for a modern day/near future/cold war era modeling idea/game.

I want to learn how to add explosions and/or gunfight damage to them
>>
okay so i impulsively bought a mars 4 printer. i reckon i'm gonna need more shit to get it running

i have the printer, resin, gloves. gonna order isopropyl alcohol.

what else do i need and do i need a UV curing thing or does it cure itself? i am autistic and possibly retarded
>>
>>92673050
You don't need a UV curing station, but that means you'll have to do the cleaning yourself. That involves lots of IPA, the usual safety gear (goggles, nitrile gloves, respirator rated for organic vapor, really good ventilation), and a handheld UV flashlight.
>>
>>92673263
would you recommend getting the station? i want the process to be as easy as possible honestly cuz i don't have all that much time after work to learn the ins and outs and it turns out the resources are pretty scarce
>>
>>92673302
following on from this, how do i even put the build plate on
>>
>>92673302
>i don't have all that much time after work to learn the ins and outs and it turns out the resources are pretty scarce
you fucked up, 3d printing is it's own hobby. try to return it
>>
>>92658083
You don't get much competition. Most people here don't even own a printer and just want to show off paintjobs of minis they ordered from an printing service.
>>
File: PXL_20240430_010039854.jpg (2.2 MB, 4080x3072)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>92677399
Your not wrong. The general is all but out to pasture at this point.
>>
>>92677687
Are those basecoated or are you using a white resin?
>>
>>92677734
I use clear resin. Thats just a Rustoleum matte white primer base coat. This is the only picture i have right now with bare prints. As you can see the clear doesn't show up on camera very well.
>>
>>92677772
The primer makes them looks awesome. I take you use clear because you can check if any parts aren't cured fully?
>>
>>92677785
For really large prints, sure. I got a huge one i'll be posting tomorrow. But the main reason i use clear is to see into the vat without have to drain it. Any and all failed prints are extremely easy to see. Also gives me room to play around with transparency when i'm painting.
>>
>>92673302
The question here is, after trimming the supports, whether you want to:

1. Dunk the prints in alcohol, scrub with a toothbrush and then shine a UV flashlight over them for a few minutes while wearing safety gear.

2. Drop the piece into the washing station, press a button, switch out the alcohol for UV array and press another button.

It's a matter of saving small bits of labor and time for each print, which does add up if you make a lot of prints.
>>
File: chudjak-poljak.gif (79 KB, 487x498)
79 KB
79 KB GIF
Why is eveyrone with a 3d print business so fucking greedy.
Around me I can only find places that charge me more than GW would ever do. It's insane the way these people manage to make me prefer buying GW to using their service.
>>
>>92678253
They bought the biggest and best (ie the most expensive) equipment thinking they would make millions but customers aren't flocking to them because they hear horror stories (bad prints, bad post processing, poor service ect.), and a lot of the base would rather DIY. So the customers they do get, they screw them for every cent they can not realizing they are putting themselves in a death spiral and will never recover their investment cost.
>>
>>92678253
Because they are a business? So they need to make as much profit as possible for the investors, by law?

Since printers need space, and can only print that much in a day, the best way to make the biggest profit is to increase prices until profit maxes out even if the number of orders decreases.

Thats why you should try using craigslist, marketplaces,... to find private people to print your stuff for an OK price.
>>
Is there any difference in fep's besides size or is there other things to look out for when it comes to compatibility?
>>
>>92678253
ask in your local region's discord, chances are someone has a printer and wouldn't mind a lil extra cash
>>
anyone know what STLs this guy is using? I've been searching for like two weeks and every time I get close the link is dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idHnjdh3xhM
>>
>>92680543
>ask in your local region's discord

the what now?
>>
File: PXL_20240502_183719241.jpg (1.49 MB, 4032x2268)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
Here's the monster print i promised to post last night.
>>
File: PXL_20240502_183757133.jpg (1.56 MB, 4032x2268)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>92683457
And for scale comparison.
>>
Hey anons, my printer is considered old at this point, it's an Elgoo Mars Pro, but it serves me well enough. Can I get some info on Sunlu Water Washable Resin? I'm looking for some info on the settings I should use with it. Thanks a ton!
>>
>>92685096
>Can I get some info on Sunlu Water Washable Resin
Don't use it
>>
>>92685999
Elaborate please.
>>
>>92686057
Well apart from signalling to brainlets you can just rinse your prints and sink and let the contaminated water be someone elses problem, waterwashable tends to more brittle and fragile than standard resin. It also does not hold sharp details like standard resin can. There is also some companies that charge more because they know eco-aware customers will stupidly pay more if they think it helps mother earth (it doesn't).

Think to yourself: If water washable is so great then why does standard resin still exist?
>>
>>92686057
>Water Washable Resin
I think it's self explanatory here. Doesn't matter the brand, water washable is universally inferior to basically every other resin in terms of ease of print, print quality, and durability.
>>
>>92683470
What printer do you use? And what kind of resin? It looks great.
>>
>>92677772
Wouldn't black resin be more precise since clear/lighter colored resin bleed light?(I don't 3d print)
>>
>>92686057
It's a bit more brittle but not really all that bad anymore. It used to be pretty bad, but that's just not the case anymore. Just dispose of the uncured resin properly
>>
>>92687484
I use Anycubic M5s Pro. The resin is Anycubic ABS-Like Pro2.
>>92687503
Maybe? I've used black resin in the past and had mixed success with it. As for bleeding light, I've not had that problem, although I'm not sure what bleeding light might be. I do know that this has been the best resin I've ever used in the 5 years I've been printing. Fewest misprints so far.
>>
Some of my models come out with bends in some places, so They don't fit correctly anymore.

I assume there is no way to soft the resin a little bit to mold it.
>>
>>92687561
I meant, if you printed 1 pixel wouldn't 1 pixel of a lighter resin be bigger than a darker one since more of the uv would go through it, or is it so small that it doesn't matter.
>>
>>92677399
>>92677687
>samefagging to validate your retarded delusions
>making your own prints the OP image
Fucking pathetic
>>
File: notme.jpg (143 KB, 1947x387)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>92688941
i have many posts in this thread, friend. But i am not OP and not responding to myself.
>>
>>92688884
There's a reason they make transparent windows anon.
>>
I just got an stl but it came in a bunch of different parts of a model apparently. I don't have a viewer, but if someone makes an stl like that, is it because you're meant to print the whole thing separately and then glue the parts together, or should I somehow smash the parts together in modelling software and then make another stl? I don't have a printer myself, I'm getting something printed
>>
>>92686904
>It also does not hold sharp details like standard resin can.

Oh, are we making up things again?
Where is the proof?
>>
>>92689493
You are supposed to print the pieces and they should fit, they should have pegs and holes for that.
Also some times the creator will include the full model version
>>
>>92689548
I'll give it to the guy and see I guess. Thanks anon
>>
File: fortress.gif (425 KB, 360x262)
425 KB
425 KB GIF
>>92688941
>>92689506
1. You need to either raise or lower your dosage
2. Fuck off back to your discord safespace tranny
>>
>>92689493
You can do both. Modular STLs are good as you can make several poses from the one model. If you have a windows machine 3Dbuilder comes with it for free and you can assemble minis and export the complete one as an .stl
>>
how would you recommend support and slice this dice Tower?
maybe some supports on the border hanging out there?
>>
>>92692014
>>
Anyone know of a scan or alternate model with a head that would work as a similar replacement to this?
>>
>>92675144
yeah but i also want it to be ez as possible
>>92678002
option 2 so i bought it

i've figured it out enough to get to the test print stage but i'm on failed attempt 2 now cuz i can't seem to get the thing to stick to the build plate. i've treid zeroing it in twice but it's not working. am i retarded or is there some knack to it?
>>
File: first print.jpg (698 KB, 3000x4000)
698 KB
698 KB JPG
>>92694945
okay i've figured it out with some help
anyone know somewhere I ca get pre-supported .goo files lmao
>>
>>92697433
Don|t think those are around much, but many creators either use .lys files that you can just one click slice into goo, or stl files with supports build in, so you can just throw them into your slicer and don't have to bother with supports.

BUT, many pre-supported files are shit from people who never test print anything before they sell it. So you better check them out yourself a bit and keep a mental tally on what designer is good and who is not.
>>
Is there a good video to show how uvtools works that is aimed at a complete retard? Asking for a friend.
>>
Thinking of getting into 3d Printing for tabletop games. Would the Mars 4 Max be a good option. or is there a better choice at that price ($250)?
>>
>>92685096
Bump
>>
>>92702546
What's your budget? It's a good resin printer, but a small buildplate so larger things will not really be possible. Also, make sure to factor in ~$100USD for cleaning and curing supplies if you haven't already
>>
>>92702546
A Mars 4 Max is effectively just a Mars 3 with bigger print space, Elegoo just fucked up with their marketing. Mars 4 stock is the one with the actually good print resolution.
>>
>>92703804
Not that guy, but can anyone redpill me on resin, is it as dangerous as people say? i live in essentually a single room apartment so theres no real area i can hide it away other then the bathroom. Are non resin printers getting good enough to give them a try yet? cash isnt much of a problem, i guess keep it under 2000?
>>
>>92704674
Does your bathroom have an exhaust fan? if so that will do.. just hang in there while its printing and buy a good respirator. do all the cleaning in there but you could get away with curing in your room.
>>
>>92704707
*dont hang in there
>>
File: scropio.jpg (140 KB, 800x450)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>92704707
>the one room with a prebuilt exhaust fan
oh shit bro, i could just keep it in the bathroom
>>
Is the Ender-3 good for terrain?
Also can I just use it after assembly right out the box, or do I need to buy other things?
>>
>>92705162
>Is the Ender-3 good for terrain?
Yes
>can I just use it after assembly right out the box, or do I need to buy other things?
Yes but you will find buying some quality of life upgrades well worth it (bed springs, auto leveler. A few you can even print on the ender. One thing I would suggest getting right away is a brand name bowden tube (eg Capricorn) as this is most likely be the first point of failure because the tube that comes with the printer is fucking shit.
>>
>>92705188
Would the Ender-3 Neo be better to buy than since it already has the auto leveler and bed springs?
>>
what slicer for SLA will run on a X220? I'm on the edge of getting a Mars 4. is the ultra worth it or do you need fancy resin for it?
>>92683457
>>92683470
that deathclaw is great.
>>
>>92705376
Check the markup of price against buying the bits from changland. The CRtouch > BLTouch quality wise but you can buy CRtouch from creality store seperately. Springs are under $5.
>>
File: file.png (3.75 MB, 1500x1500)
3.75 MB
3.75 MB PNG
I have several questions.
is there a way to tint resin besides mixing 2 different resin colors from a bottle? I mean like mix ins.
I understand how the resin works but want to know if the clear kind will over cure in light, and crack apart if I leave it uncoated by some form of protectant, varnish, clear? I'm asking because I want to hollow out and fill Slaan, great unclean ones and other minis kind of like liquid core dice or 80s desk toys. PIC RELATED. I have a few ideas of stuff I would like to make for the charity stuff the various local game stores do.
can I just pour the dirty alcohol into a clear enough container, turn on a UV lamp like https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BJKQHXHC and leave it to cook until hard then pour the alcohol out to be filtered and reused? im intending to use a 1 gallon water jug as a sacrificial vessel for it. i've heard to use the jug from the fridge bottles that are rectangular with the top cut off as a washing station, has anyone here tried that?
>>
https://www.amazon.com/ELEGOO-Mars-Printer-ABS-Like-Resin/dp/B0CTMS19P4

is $172 a good price for a mars 4 with .5 liter resin??
>>
>>92705778
>is there a way to tint resin besides mixing 2 different resin colors from a bottle?
You can add pigments, though I would watch out that the particles are smaller than your layer height, else it will roughen up your FEP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTNjqwdoP3M

> if the clear kind will over cure in light, and crack apart
Not only the clear, all UV resins are weak against UV light, so I would add a clear coat and keep them out of direct sunlight.

>can I just pour the dirty alcohol into a clear enough container, turn on a UV lamp like ... and leave it to cook until hard then pour the alcohol out to be filtered and reused?
Don't use a glass container, glass stops much of UV. From my experience, the resin suspended in the alcohol will either:
-cure into dust and fall down within a few days
-harden onto the walls of the container
-cure in a way that has the consistency of yello that fucks up my filters.
Probably depending on Temps, resins used and amount of resin in the alcohol. So it can be a bit of work, so I would get some filters with different resolutions and use containers I can get a hand and a scraping tool inside.
>>
>>92706434
yes
>>
File: IMG-20240505-WA0004.jpg (666 KB, 4080x3060)
666 KB
666 KB JPG
>>92661388
'Tis finished.
570 points for 12€, not bad at all. Now to base them and then paint.
Followed by the other 1400 points of tyranids already done.
This hobby is probably giving me lung cancer on the long run by ehi, it's surely worth every dime
>>
>>92708346
They look wicked anon
>>
Hi /tg/. I think I fucked up.

I installed the mono update on my Mars 1.
Given that I didn't notice the QR code on the flimsy single sheet of instructions, I looked for files on the Chitu website.
Thought I had it with this ("latest firmware" and everything)

https://www.elegoo.com/en-it/blogs/3d-printing/elegoo-mars-3d-printer-support-files

First thing that happened after the update, was that the LCD was exposing everything, not creating the little black box with an exposed frame all around it.
So I figured I did something wrong. After a while, noticed the damn QR code and got to this link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-km8Ve728UeTWC5S-I-rMPw-yd_DDUQ_/view

the SH4 update refuses to install (as it says it is already installed), but by running the CBD file I managed to have the black box come up in the exposure test, but nothing prints out giving me a resolution error (either 1440 for the mars 1 and 1080 for the mono upgrade).

By the way, if I go look in the setting info of the printer, the firmware Version name contains "1620x2560" which is a resolution that is not here nor there nor anywhere, I have no idea where does it come from.
I tried to print as a basic Mars, as a mono updated Mars, even going into the printer setting in chitubox and putting the weid 1620x2560. Nothing.

Can I flash everything and start anew?
There's this weird, not helpful page about "Refreshing Machine Parameters", can it be that?
https://www.elegoo.com/blogs/3d-printer-user-guide/how-to-refresh-machine-parameters-of-your-printer

Have I bricked everything?

I still have a sliver of hope because it is firmware for the same machine (while I assume that cross-installing firmwares from a different machine is a death sentence).

Godfuckingdammit
>>
File: 61zlYwNgRfL[1].jpg (118 KB, 1500x1500)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>92711155

Nevermind.
I'm the guy who got it the Mars as a handout, and my cluelessness with this stuff started showing immediately.

1620*2560 IS the ACTUAL screen resolution (at least, seems like it from literally every place where it is sold), Lycee is retarded and has the wrong (and not editable) resolution at 1080 for the Mars - Mono Screen community printer, and I am retarded and set it up wrong on chitubox (didn't notice the ratio was locked, so when I typed 2560 it changed back 1620 to 1440).

Now that I put 1620x2560 in chitubox, everything seems to print fine (at least, the exposure, I'm running the printer dry and without plate just to see what flashes on screen...seems like them layers are there).

I guess next I'll try making a file with Lychee using the Mars 2 profile (since it has the correct resolution) and see if it works.

---

That said, since we're here: flexplates. Yes or no? Seems like they might be practical.
From what I understood, the additional thickness fucks with the printer so that a shim is needed (apparently it isn't enough to adjust the printer home z=0? I'm not sure of the working but ok I guess). Every tiny free spacer file that I found keeps referencing "WHAM BAM". Can I assume that's just a specific maker who made it popular and nothing changes (in width and thickness) with any other flexplate from any other seller?
>>
>>92711155
there were 3 types of motherboard for the mars 1, did you use the files for the right one?
And maybe try using the elegoo discord, I got real quick advice with my printer problems there.
>>
>>92711641
>flexplates
Yes. Makes it so much easier to get your prints off the machine and if you have two you can continually print without issue. Beware of cheaper chink flaxplates as they dont have the magnetic strength of brand versions. And yes you will have to rehome your plate to allow for the extra the flexplate adds.
>>
I'm trying to print some CSM Legionaries and I'm having trouble with getting the right scale. Any advice on that?
>>
>>92713192
Sir Scalesby
>>
Is there a place you guys would recommend for commissioning STL work from? Either editing them or making one from scratch.
>>
>>92708346
How much is it if you include the printer and other materials as well?
>>
>>92713679
NTA, but also printing nids (finished 6 zoans and printing the limbs of my Maleceptor now).
Overall my set up was:
£220 for Mars 4
£45 for premade exposure with extractor fan
£23 for ABS like Resin
£4 for Methylated spirits
£2 for containers to hold the spirits as im dunking the resin
£4 for 100 gloves
£3 for 3 soft toothbrushes
£5 for IPA solvent to clean up the build plate and other resin if needed

Overall £306. Right now ive printed £185 "worth" (according to GW) of models in under a week. Ive still got two squads of hormogaunts to go which will boost me to around £240 worth of value.
The only things I'll need to re-purchase when they run out are the resin and also replace the spirits once it becomes too saturated in resin gunk. Realistically if I wanted to make my money back I'd need to 3d print for my LGS but I'll be able to break even on value easily on my own.
>>
>>92715273
Oops forgot the UV light and turntable/lazy susan for curing. UV light was £4 and the turntable was £8
>>
>>92715273
>>92715276
But I am sure you intend to print more than one army. So over time you should come out ahead.
>>
>Would you buy your mother a 3d printer for mothers day?
>>
>>92715299
Oh 100%, if I hadnt already purchased most of my nid army in real plastic/recast I'd be printing much more of it.
I only took the dive into 3d printing when I realised how absurdly expensive some of the nids kits are and I really didnt want to have to deal with more recast clean up after 3 exocrines
>>
>>92711641
On the Mars 1 (or any Mars, I think) you don't need a shim for a flex plate; the plate's spring loaded, so when you go through the leveling procedure the spring will take up the extra couple of mm added (all the ship is doing is tripping the optical switch early). I actually use the BIQU plate set on my Mars, works fine (though make sure you give the adhesive on the magnet a full day or 2 to cure before you use it).
>>
>>92665039
You can print pretty much anything of any size (miniature wise) on any printer, but if you want to print yourself an army, especialy one with models of that size invest in a printer with a bigger plate. You'll save a lot of time, and let's be real, you'll want a second and a third army very quickly once you see how nice the first one turned out.
>>
Newfag question, I've seen people brush mod podge on a base and then dip it into a bag of sand or substrate to get certain textures on it with plastic models, does the mod podge adhere to cured resin? I don't want to go pick up a bottle of the stuff only for it to not stick if it doesn't
>>
>>92698253
>Many presupported files are shit
Aint that the truth. My brother supports files as a side hustle and he always resupports presupported files of models he prints
>>92708346
I've finished painting about 3k points of tyranids for a commission, including these exact models, but these look so good they're making me want to print and paint some for myself.
>>
>>92716037
Don't know about that mod podge, but either it chemically binds with something, or it cures in a way that adheres physically.

Probably the second one, and if it does that, perfectly flat printed bases on a new FEP will have a perfect surface where that stuff will not be able to get a grip. In that case you can just roughen up the surface with some sandpaper and it should stick. But in most cases you will have layer lines or scratches on the FEP so even that will not be necessary, but probably a good Idea.
>>92715307
If she has a good Idea what it takes to use one, yes. Else hell no, that reeks like gifting myself a printer in 2 months when she wants the machine out of the house.

>>92715273
I guess you could sell your used printer for at least 66, so you don't need to do anything more to get at least even, everything else is "profit".
>>
>>92666014
No i just gooned on gif
>>
File: IMG_20240506_084912.jpg (684 KB, 1419x1892)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>92692021
>>92692014
I guess I should have put more supports on that specific corner.
or that wouldnt help with this kind of fail?
>>
File: FuckingFeathers.png (491 KB, 1016x894)
491 KB
491 KB PNG
this is why I hate feathers.
>>
>>92715307
No. I already print stuff for her. Besides owning a printer is like owning a boat. The only thing better is knowing someone else that owns one that you can use
>>
>>92655845
Really wish i got into the hobby before the GW wipes. Anyone know any good thanatar proxies? Can't find one with a rounded head in body like the normal model.
>>
>>92706434
amazon is trying to bait and switch with the price once you get to the checkout, its suddenly $200 before taxes instead of $172 before taxes. the fucking pajeets refuse to honor the price
>>
So... how often do you change your FEP?
when is kind of soft and start getting fails?
>>
>>92719154
Inspect your FEP every take you have to clean the tank after a failure or such, and make sure that there are no pocks or creases that would indicate structural failure. If there is just one spot where you've got a bump or a hole in the making you can put some scotch tape over it as a band aid, but I only do that if its close to the edge and not where my stuff is getting printed most of the time.
>>
>>92719520
once tried put scotch tapee over it, and after 1 print it made a mess and over time the screen broke...
luckly could convince the company to give it to me for free
>>
>>92718594
see if you selected the correct seller, sometimes an item is sold by more than one store via amazon, with different prices
>>
>>92717411
what am I looking at, I don't understanad
>>
>>92721220
3D renders of a wing that anon models. By the colors you can tell that every feather is handled as a separate object right now.

Combining that stuff can be tricky if you don't have a beefy computer, and if you fuck up you can end up with voids inside that will have liquid resin.
>>
>>92721558
Well that sounds awful
>>
>>92719965
its the same item, I click either add to cart or buy it now and same result. I contacted amazon, and get this, they said "just buy it and we will refund you the difference, trust me SAAAAAR".
>>
>>92721793
please redeem the discount sir
>>
>>92717224
You absolutely need the heaviest supports on the lowest corner, it is going to be responsible for the most "weight" of the model, the most force, the most suction etc etc will be applied to it.
>>
>>92688941
i dont see any pictures of prints in any of your posts you noprint nogame nofriend noone
>>
>>92723306
its such a shady bunch of shit, and I know better than trust them. I really wanted the damn thing too.
>>
>>92692014
>>92692021
is that an El Morro dice tower?
>>
Anyone know of any good modelers inspired by old school AD&D in the vein of Otherworld Miniatures or similar?
The only one I know of that seems to do sculpts with actual details are Warp Minis pig-faced orc (albeit a bit too cartoony for my liking), are there any others?
>>
>>92725259
Post a link?
And why wouldn't you trust amazon support? If any onlinestores support is to be trusted, its theirs.
>>
>>92725268
Looks like one

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.